Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nomad.static...Hmmm. How long do you think BL is going to remain crouched in hiding like a bait dog?

I think POI BL will remain crouched till he is actually found. That's what COWARDS do.

When the bracelets are thrown on him he'll probably cry like a baby. He'll probably start babbling wanting his Mommy.

JMHO

It was my understanding the helicopter saw something unusual on the ground and reported it to the searchers. The searchers went to the sighting and found her. I thought it was said a few rocks were on her that partially covered her.

Picture I saw with blue nail polish and entwined with BL'S fingers, they were very short.

Also in the photos in the Daily Mail article with the interview with the tattoo artist the nails were quite short. But I believe he said he took those pictures when he did the tattoos in October 2020 (?) so I don't know if her nails were still that way.

She was skittish about driving the van. I can relate. That's a long way from home and it's not like driving a compact car. I hope that's always made clear if it comes to a trial. She seemingly didn't want to be on her own and perhaps that's why he wanted her off all to himself. Miles and miles away from anyone else. To make her more dependent on him. Of course, MOO.
bbm
Indeed. He thought himself a god to be worshipped and adored.

I respect your views as well. I am on the fence about the suicide issue. If he was going to do it, he already did it (IMO). They really searched that preserve, but still, they could have missed him. It's awful to think that though.

I respect your views as well. I am on the fence about the suicide issue. If he was going to do it, he already did it (IMO). They really searched that preserve, but still, they could have missed him. It's awful to think that though.

It appeared that LE took a gun case out of the back of the Mustang and it was empty. Maybe the gun was elsewhere (surely BL's parents wouldn't have left a gun available to him? Or were they really so clueless about what was going on that they didn't even think to put it up?)

If he did shoot himself inside an alligator pond (!), what an amazingly selfish thing to do.

I am super curious about what the FBI will do next...

I tried and tried to find the make and model but no luck - so if anyone recognizes the tent, please help us out. It's just pure curiosity.

If my attorney did not let me read a prepared statement to the press, with him/her at my side, I'd find a new attorney. I also would not share an attorney with a family member who was a POI in a crime.

Absolutely no way that I would remain absolutely silent in this situation. I would want the family affected by my offspring's doings to see my tears and hear the anguish in my voice.

In that case, there would be plenty of cadaverine and other byproducts of decomp in the van. The van would be warmer than the ambient temp, so in 12 hours, the decomp would be recognizable by dogs (for years to come).

It's still illegal in all 50 states to assault someone. Strangulation is assault/battery even if the person isn't killed.

y. Maybe the gun was elsewhere (surely BL's parents wouldn't have left a gun available to him? Or were they really so clueless about what was going on that they didn't even think to put it up?)

If he did shoot himself inside an alligator pond (!), what an amazingly selfish thing to do.

I am super curious about what the FBI will do next...

I tried and tried to find the make and model but no luck - so if anyone recognizes the tent, please help us out. It's just pure curiosity.

If my attorney did not let me read a prepared statement to the press, with him/her at my side, I'd find a new attorney. I also would not share an attorney with a family member who was a POI in a crime.

Absolutely no way that I would remain absolutely silent in this situation. I would want the family affected by my offspring's doings to see my tears and hear the anguish in my voice.

In that case, there would be plenty of cadaverine and other byproducts of decomp in the van. The van would be warmer than the ambient temp, so in 12 hours, the decomp would be recognizable by dogs (for years to come).

It's still illegal in all 50 states to assault someone. Strangulation is assault/battery even if the person isn't killed.
BBM
Have we known this?

Yes. Thank you. What is even happening anymore?

They haven't given up. I've read various places that the FBI is now taking the lead and involving Interpol and that means getting help searching globally for BL.

Don't know if they have announced anything today or whether BL as a fugitive has had his status changed. Has he? He should be a wanted murder suspect at this point. It would be great if BL's face was on FBI posters and online.

I don't think there will be any activity on this case now until BL is found and then there is a trial. Now it's wait and see mode. It could be weeks, months, even years, but they will find him.

IMO

What would be a reasonable doubt in the currently indicted case for which a warrant has been issued?
Gabby may not have been dead while he was using the cards. The coroner cannot pinpoint date of death to just several days. A defense attorney can ask the coroner if it is possible that she was alive those days. If the answer is yes, …..well?

Most of the time, the Feds let it go when people inadvertently use the cash cards of someone deceased. They may not have known the federal law against doing so and though ignorance of the law is not an allowable excuse, leeway often given. In this case, BL and Gabby likely pooled their funds in that account, just as the van might have been funded jointly, which gives reason that he did not go out to deliberately steal as could be the case of some random person goes out and does so. The use of a deceased person’s bank cards often happens when someone was permitted to use the account and they get used to it. Usually, the Feds do not come down hard or at all in such cases. They have in this case, used this as leverage to go after BL as a person of interest in Gabby’s homicide without making the commitment of accusing him officially. It’s no big deal if they have to let the bank fraud case go, if they can find him and work on the other charges in the meantime

Yes. Thank you. What is even happening anymore?
Were they in accordance with the Coroner's decision to hold that presser last night or to disclose the cause of death at this point in time when it doesn't provide even the faintest clue as to where he is located and is unlikely to lead to tips, only speculation?
Maybe this is a thing.

Who knows. This really is not about how sympathetic people are or are not about the parents of the fugitive or about the creepy protesters and their harassment of them. Since they only speak through their "trusted" attorney, there is really not much to say about them. Who cares what they do at their home? I want BL found and facing justice. If we want clues as to his whereabouts we need SB to obnoxiously keep talking and slip up here and there, lol. We know where Gabby is. Where is her killer? jmo
Possibly... but, I get the impression that the question being asked is "Where is Laundrie?"... who may, or may not, be "her killer".

Could be, I suppose. But I don't see that happening before contemporary attention spans and/or other so-called atrocities result in folks tiring of the matter.
If the media leaves, the protestors will leave. Watch some of them run up to reporters. But, as I said, they don't bother me. I can't hear them thousands of miles away. And it appears to be legal. Some of the other protests ongoing right now bother me a lot more.

I had this very question yesterday on whether it will discount the results of the autopsy. I agree with you that regardless of what he says or thinks, the autopsy is forensic analysis. It's not just his words but there are going to be pictures and proof of what he reported. Maybe even a few other personnel who were in there. Toxicology reports, weight of the heart/brain or the bones on the neck aren't going change because of his opinion.
I was wondering if the Coroners Report contains the details of the autopsy, whether the defence could argue that the report is 'tainted' and move to have it excluded from trial? Anyone know?

I know people will disagree but I want to see the original video. I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that if a body is covered after the murder, it was personal and there was an intimate relationship between murderer and victim because the murderer can’t look at them.
I hope this is true and I hope he did cover her with his previous Orange hammock, or some other personal item from the van.
IMO he killed her before his hitchhiking began, and he was using the tales he told to set up his alibi. I think he was all set to return to their camp and find it full of flashing lights. I think he was all geared up to show shock horror and grief and instead he was overcome with panic and quickly fled. In his panic I think he probably didn’t realize that leaving the hammock, or another covering, was going to blow a huge hole in his planned, “ I was already gone” excuse.
Moo
Just imagine the wailing if they went out for an ice cream cone. jmo
you're right!! That would really fry me!

Well, so far, he is wanted by the feds for bank fraud of $1K or more, IIRC. Maybe being wanted for a deadly crime would change some minds? Seems like pretty soon (maybe, IMO) they will be looking for him in that vein, and maybe people who help him could face something different than just a noisy media-pleasing crowd in front of a house.
Yes, that’s a point. I sure hope so. Have they upgraded the charges yet? And let’s hope he’s not dead (I still fear that).

After roughly 3 weeks, not likely. DNA that isn't Gabby's could be hard enough to get due to decay.
MOO
DNA under her fingernails may be possible. They exhumed Stephany Flores Ramirez’s remains and were able to get Joran Van Der Sloot’s DNA from under her fingernails, so it’s possible.
We know Gabby fought back from what we saw in the Moab stop video. When her life was on the line, I believe she fought like hell, and Brian’s DNA will be found under her fingernails. MOO.

Also in the photos in the Daily Mail article with the interview with the tattoo artist the nails were quite short. But I believe he said he took those pictures when he did the tattoos in October 2020 (?) so I don't know if her nails were still that way.

in the moab videos, her fingernails appear to be quite short...

I agree about DNA under the nails, but remember they were engaged - or at least in a relationship - so any attorney for BL is going to explain that away with that and the fact that they were in a Van for months together. (At least that's what I would start to argue.) MOO

I read an article posted on GP forum, tissue extracted from scratching, defensive skin collection results show a deep layer of skin. So DNA may not tell the full story, but if she "dug her nails" in, they could prove this was not surface skins cells.

Moo

I thought he was supposed to stay neutral, but he has formed his opinion regarding who he thinks killed Gabby. The problem is, when did he form that opinion--before, after, or during the autopsy? I understood him to say that the cause of death was not easy to determine and they spent a good bit of time to fond it to be strangulation. His mindset of DV could possibly be considered a "contaminant", IMO.

I know what you're saying about that commentary by the coroner but there is no way that would sway a jury more than or even as much as the media coverage of this case. IMO

Signs that the murderer is Brian Laundrie are very strong - ironically, in large part because he drove the van home, used her credit cards, and then disappeared. I mean, innocent people don't run. That is a long-standing commonly-held belief for good reason. If you are innocent, what are you running from?
I can't think of any way he explains running along with being innocent of murder. Can you?

IMO

MOO...
BL has no self control. I feel BLs been throwing fits to get his way and/or attention since he was small. Clearly his parents are willing to give up their daughter and grandkids to support BL.

He's spoiled, with no long term goals, content to live with mommy and daddy, drive their Mustang (bet they bought for BL to drive) and work a little at the grocery store.

I can totally see that. Imo, he is the golden child and his parents are so blinded by codependency that they really believe they are doing the right thing.

Somewhere along the way, his parents might have modeled for him that it was everyone's fault but his own when something went wrong. It's misguided and many parents unfortunately do this in an attempt to fix and solve problems for their children so they won't have to suffer the strain of taking responsibility or accountability for their own actions. Some people call this love.

I can see how continually treating him this way has led up to where things stand now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver