Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMOO
We know that these threads are moving very fast and some information continues to be missed, overlooked or just plainly ignored.

1. JP NEVER went to the Laundrie house. NPPD has stated this numerous times. NPPD did go to the Laundrie house. JP lives on the other side of the state approximately 150 miles/3 hours away from the Laundries.
2. Laundrie attorney has confirmed that they have not spoken to the FBI and will not.
All of this is in prior threads/timeline.

I have seen the reports for the #1 and I am not arguing that he went there on the 10th which I have already stated. I'm asking why he called the cops on his daughters future in-laws when he could have gone in person instead? I have stated that the possibility exists that there was already bad blood between the families and that could be one explanation for why the Laundries didn't communicate with them. And just about any question you want to ask about that, I have probably replied to so you can read back to find those if you are interested.

About #2, I have never seen any verified information that said the laundries were not communicating with LE. And LE saying they aren't cooperating doesn't mean that either. It most likely means that LE wanted them to bring in BL for questioning and that hadn't happened.

That’s the biggest weirdness to me - lack of warning the public about a dangerous fugitive on the run.

It’s possible The FBI thinks he’s dead. But unless they know for sure why *not* warn the public?

I suspect you can read quite a lot into that decision. My guess is the family has told them a lot more than we are aware of, and that LE are quite certain he is not in a position to be a threat to anyone.

Dr. Dan Field, a board-certified emergency physician and an expert witness in strangulation and homicide cases, said killing someone by strangulation is a long, deliberate process.

"I [testified in] a murder case in Florida, where the defense was trying to put forth the theory that it was a moment of passion -- and so the question I was asked is how long does it take for strangulation to kill somebody?" he told Fox News Digital. "The numbers are very, very specific."

It takes roughly between 62 and 157 seconds, he said.

SNIP

Strangulation can also be unplanned, emotional and impulsive, according to Dr. Ziv Cohen, a New York City-based criminal psychiatrist.

"Strangulation is a more intimate type of homicide, and so it generally points us in the direction of somebody certainly who knew her or who might have gotten physical with her," he said.
Gabby Petito autopsy paints grim picture of last moments, experts say

There are jurisdictions where law enforcement operate correct ? The FBI and law enforcement across the US and internationally more likely have notices. They are assigned authority to respond a particular way when information arrives that justifies their action. They do not establish a patrol and search without receiving information to act on. That is, something that is criminal in nature. The government can not initiate actions against citizens without cause that a criminal act has occured to warrant their initiative. It is always in response to xxxx for the purpose of xxxx according to *advertiser censored* statutes etc. So, with respect to that, it is assumed that Law enforcement is in alert and retaining information that will be scrutinized against the documented operations. They are more likely looking elsewhere, the reserve more likely has led to other information not related to Laundrie's case that was found in their investigation. Information is law enforcement's key asset that gives the cause to implement the physical actions guided by their mission. So, in closing, not too surprised to see activity in the reserve area.
Yes, they started there at the parents word. I’m not sure if they have found anything else or not, but we all know they went there based on the parents word. I don’t think that is really up for debate?

I personally don't think he will kill himself - it requires immense courage, and he doesn't personally strike me as someone with a lot. I think when he's finally caught he will limp into the police station, likely in tears.

If he is in the swamp he has got to be in rough shape. His feet alone are probably a disgusting mess; trench foot, foot rot, and the resulting infections.

The helicopter reporter on WFLA is speculating that they are looking for remains since the water has receded in the past week or so. But there are canines out on the search.

These dogs may have hit on something earlier in the search but it was under water. JMO

It has to be telling LE/FBI keep going back to the reserve. They must strongly suspect or have quality evidence that is the only place he went. The complete lack of sightings or other evidence of him out there backs this up. I would doubt even the best survivalist/SAS/Navy Seal could keep entirely off grid and unsighted for 30+ days with a full FBI manhunt in 2021. Much less so a 23yo amateur backpacker.

I stand by BL going to great lengths to commit suicide at the reserve in such a way it would be very difficult/impossible for him to be found. I don't think the lawyer saying he represents BL has much meaning regards him being dead or alive unless there is a weird rule/law about that?
I don’t disagree with you. In fact, the FBI did say they were only going to search areas in the reserve based off intelligence. However, my only hang up is I keep going back to NPPD. All they kept saying was the reason they were searching the reserve was because that’s where the parents said he went. Like even if they had a good tip he was there (outside of just taking the parents’ word) why wouldn’t they just be vague about that? & say something like we can’t tell you why we’re searching there or we search where we find credible leads? Something… But they actually said they were searching there bc that’s what his parents said. That’s just odd to me. IMO. However, I truly hope since the FBI took over, they are going off more credible information than just taking the parents at their word. I would surely think so. However, I’d also think that they’d have the US Marshalls involved by now & the special on ID last night suggested that they don’t so…idk what to think anymore about what LE is doing. Haha!

How old are the Laundries? In their 50s? Not that old really. IDK. Under the circumstances, not having heard from my daughter in 11 days or so, nor her boyfriend, and not having texts, phone calls answered by anybody, I feel that is PLENTY to go on to call the police. In my mind, that is ALL that would be needed even if there is no prior bad history. However, I would have gone there myself and when they handed me their lawyer's business card, it would not have been pretty. Just because people are aged 50+ doesn't mean there won't be conflict. I mean, GP father did the smart thing, whereas I would have done the stupid thing. IIRC, we know of at least 1 gun in the house and if BL was present, well, it's likely he has already killed one person during his lifetime. MOO.

Being in their 50s, it is possible to old when it comes to communications technology. As strange as this is to think about, some people don't even know how to set up a voicemail or even how to check it. And even think that texts don't need to be answered immediately. Also, GP's family weren't sitting around for 11 days trying to find her. They had only been at it for a day or so unless someone has updated the timeline about when they started thinking it was strange they hadn't heard from her. Like I said, its possible they just called police without checking in personally, but its also possible that is as strange a behavior as not returning the calls in the first place. At least for me it is MOO

If he is in the swamp he has got to be in rough shape. His feet alone are probably a disgusting mess; trench foot, foot rot, and the resulting infections.

I don't disagree, but I'm not convinced he's in the swamp. And certainly he doesn't have to be constantly on the move. I remember for years the media said Osama Bin Laden was in some remote cave, cold, foraging for food etc, and the whole time he was in a custom built house in Pakistan watching satellite TV and eating pizza pops. I suspect wherever he is, he's likely comfortable and not suffering too hard.

I've wondered this too. Maybe FBI has leads and doesn't want to drive him deeper into hiding if still alive?
Agree…. I can say that those I’ve talked to here are well aware of the case …. But can’t say they know what he looks like, etc.

I'm watching the search ready to jump off my seat if something jumps out of the water, yikes! I could never do a job like this too many hazards...live one's!
What channel is live streaming right now?

That’s the biggest weirdness to me - lack of warning the public about a dangerous fugitive on the run.

It’s possible The FBI thinks he’s dead. But unless they know for sure why *not* warn the public?

I'm not sure why the public would need a different kind of warning. Those who use SM have access to info, the story is covered on the tv news, the story is covered in print and online newspapers...

I happen to think he's most likely dead. But if he's not, he could be just about anywhere. So I'm not sure how the entire US can be told BOLO for this guy any more than they have.

I can't remember the last major criminal thought to be at-large in NC. But I do remember a few prison breaks. Warnings about "armed & dangerous" escapees and their pictures were disseminated as above-- tv news and newspaper. I don't remember ever seeing "wanted posters" plastered on store fronts.
JMO

48074805-10006247-One_cop_is_seen_searching_the_trunk_of_the_vehicle_as_part_of_th-a-13_1632098616933.jpg

One cop is seen searching the trunk of the vehicle as part of their probe into Petito's disappearance

Asked if he believed there were concerns for Laundrie's safety, Taylor said: 'Sure, I think that's fair to say. There is an enormous amount of pressure I'm sure on him to provide answers on what's going on here.'

He could not confirm if Laundrie owns a gun.
Mother Gabby Petito confirms sighting of Gabby's van in Grand Teton days after she was last seen | Daily Mail Online
*this is a photo of the gun case. Trying to track down video I saw which showed entire case.

If she was strangled from behind there may be no hand prints. The arm goes around the neck and pressure applied by other hand pressing against their own hand!
But I think. It was face to face! Fighting having words!
I can’t imagine him not having scratches or bruises!
Throttling is strangulation by hands though, it specifically says hands and palms, not arms or knees. Also: Chris Watts didn't have defensive wounds.

What channel is live streaming right now?

WFLA live on youtube, but it's no longer live the helicopter has left the reserve. But I'm sure you can go to the youtube channel and watch it as a rerun. jmo

I don't know that we will ever know when the laundries contacted their lawyer. He was their attorney for 20 years so I doubt they would even bother with signing a new agreement for this case. I personally lean to the position that the laundries, therefore their lawyer, as well, weren't aware that harm may have come to GP until her family started calling and they confronted BL about this new information. I don't discount any other possibility, though.

I also think that the number of calls connected to the Laundrie household may have been when there was a heated disagreement about what to do.

I mentioned it a few threads back, but it would be totally plausible for a row to break out between Brian and his parents once they discovered something was awry. The tension and panic must have been off the scale!

Maybe one parent wanted to phone LE and the other didn't?

Perhaps BL wanted to turn himself in and the parents said, 'No! We can protect you, we have a plan'?

I'd give my eye teeth to be a fly on the wall when that 'discussion' was taking place.

MOO

I personally don't think he will kill himself - it requires immense courage, and he doesn't personally strike me as someone with a lot. I think when he's finally caught he will limp into the police station, likely in tears.
He's very impulsive, so if he had a gun he may have done himself in, if not, I don't think he would have committed suicide that required some suffering before death. Instant death....or, he's still among us, somewhere. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper