Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I had to skip a few threads because it was just moving SO fast! Apologies to missing many thoughtful entries.

The following is just my own opinion MOO, just speculation, k?
I believe it is important to recognize what a HUGE Chuck Palahniuk fan-boy BL was. I am curious which book he took with him when he fled. I definitely believe he did NOT travel without one. I am curious if he took his journal with him. The author encourages people to write an outrageous sentence daily. The author characterizes his work as “satire”. But absolutely part of the recipe for success is writing about off the wall gruesome stories involving outcasts. Sometimes, he states stories are “true”. Personally I believe they are truly stories but not biographies, that’s part of the gimmick/hook. Some of these CP fans are huge devotees. There are old interviews on YouTube with his then publish and publisher who mention this and the “cacophony” wannabes. BL is a huge fan boy. It’s in “his” art, making stamps based on novel cover art. It’s in the description of he and Gabby reading passages to each other (who does that?) regularly. Apparently, the books were so sacred, he marked his place with art stamps rather than a bookmark. BL was a guy with few friends. I believe in his mind, CP IS his friend, they just haven’t met yet.

more MOO. Gabby has been described by many as likable, cheerful, kind. I believe the relationship between she and BL began when she saw him usually alone, perhaps picked on, and she felt sorry for him and befriended him. And then he love bombed her. And she knew he NEEDED her. And then began the slippery slope. I think part of his de-valuing her over time had to do with his rejection by peers, ie ‘you must be pathetic to want to be with someone like me’. I think she spent a lot of energy trying to fix him to the point she likely started to blur her own likes and dislikes. She did know she wanted to travel and do the van life vlogging thing. BL went along with it for his own motives. I think it probably started to significantly stress her out when it became clear he wasn’t fully on board with the Team Plan.

So, MOO, why did BL want to go on this trip? Because the ending destination was outside of Portland. Guess who is a longtime resident outside of Portland - CP. He is famously still an active member in the Portland chapter of Cacophony. Prior to the pandemic he did lots of travel for book tours/readings. Now seems to be virtual. I believe he still wants to be near CP. so anybody in the northwest, keep your eyes open. Also, if CP resumes book tours in person, that would be a good place to look also.

MOO, Parents are definitely covering for him. One of the things CP has stated in some of his interviews is that he believes by telling this gruesome fantastical tales that enables and frees some of his readers to disclose their own ‘confessions’. Contrary to what a typical person might do, I think BL TOLD his parents about ‘accidentally’ strangling GP to death. As soon as the parents contacted their lawyer, I am sure they knew, MOO. I also believe, MOO, is the s’mores family get together was a final memory making moment. Unbeknownst to Cassie and her family, it was planned to be the last time they would see Uncle Brian for awhile.

ok, last one. MOO. He’s not hiding out in the swamp, no way. It is not his skill set.

Great post and he might be traveling or already in the Portland area, there are lots of types that are also hiding out he'd fit right in with.
Maybe Bl is a hardcore fanboi maybe even in love with Chuck Palanuick? Never know.

I really wish they could be shuttled off to someplace private.... LE won't lose sight of them, but the constant gawkers might go away if the house were empty.
Respectfully, I disagree. The mob will vandalize, break-in and otherwise trash their property. I think they are protecting their assets the best they know how. Seems that the crazies come out in these circumstances and only make things worse for LE and others.

Wow! I had to skip a few threads because it was just moving SO fast! Apologies to missing many thoughtful entries.

The following is just my own opinion MOO, just speculation, k?
I believe it is important to recognize what a HUGE Chuck Palahniuk fan-boy BL was. I am curious which book he took with him when he fled. I definitely believe he did NOT travel without one. I am curious if he took his journal with him. The author encourages people to write an outrageous sentence daily. The author characterizes his work as “satire”. But absolutely part of the recipe for success is writing about off the wall gruesome stories involving outcasts. Sometimes, he states stories are “true”. Personally I believe they are truly stories but not biographies, that’s part of the gimmick/hook. Some of these CP fans are huge devotees. There are old interviews on YouTube with his then publish and publisher who mention this and the “cacophony” wannabes. BL is a huge fan boy. It’s in “his” art, making stamps based on novel cover art. It’s in the description of he and Gabby reading passages to each other (who does that?) regularly. Apparently, the books were so sacred, he marked his place with art stamps rather than a bookmark. BL was a guy with few friends. I believe in his mind, CP IS his friend, they just haven’t met yet.

more MOO. Gabby has been described by many as likable, cheerful, kind. I believe the relationship between she and BL began when she saw him usually alone, perhaps picked on, and she felt sorry for him and befriended him. And then he love bombed her. And she knew he NEEDED her. And then began the slippery slope. I think part of his de-valuing her over time had to do with his rejection by peers, ie ‘you must be pathetic to want to be with someone like me’. I think she spent a lot of energy trying to fix him to the point she likely started to blur her own likes and dislikes. She did know she wanted to travel and do the van life vlogging thing. BL went along with it for his own motives. I think it probably started to significantly stress her out when it became clear he wasn’t fully on board with the Team Plan.

So, MOO, why did BL want to go on this trip? Because the ending destination was outside of Portland. Guess who is a longtime resident outside of Portland - CP. He is famously still an active member in the Portland chapter of Cacophony. Prior to the pandemic he did lots of travel for book tours/readings. Now seems to be virtual. I believe he still wants to be near CP. so anybody in the northwest, keep your eyes open. Also, if CP resumes book tours in person, that would be a good place to look also.

MOO, Parents are definitely covering for him. One of the things CP has stated in some of his interviews is that he believes by telling this gruesome fantastical tales that enables and frees some of his readers to disclose their own ‘confessions’. Contrary to what a typical person might do, I think BL TOLD his parents about ‘accidentally’ strangling GP to death. As soon as the parents contacted their lawyer, I am sure they knew, MOO. I also believe, MOO, is the s’mores family get together was a final memory making moment. Unbeknownst to Cassie and her family, it was planned to be the last time they would see Uncle Brian for awhile.

ok, last one. MOO. He’s not hiding out in the swamp, no way. It is not his skill set.

Great post and he might be traveling or already in the Portland area, there are lots of types that are also hiding out he'd fit right in with.
Maybe Bl is a hardcore fanboi maybe even in love with Chuck Palanuick? Never know.

DD said he had to go onto the internet to look up BL's name and picture.

While I suppose fugitives have been recognized by people who do not have a mental list of features to check for.

It is more likely and more common for people to memorize features - as many of you have done - and then be on the lookout.

I think the only reason I've ever seen is that GP wanted to attend her younger brother's HS graduation. She posted pictures of the two of them together on her IG. I'm guessing they were close so the drive was worth it. Plus she and BL planned to drive all over the country on their trip with no rigid schedule so driving to NY first may not have been a big deal.
JMO

OK the HS graduation makes sense. It's 1260 miles from North Port FL to Long Island, so if that's near where her mother lives, that's a trip of 2-3 days.

I do wonder why she moved to NC and I believe she even lived briefly in SC, and I wonder where BL was during that time period. I'm surprised to see she apparently only lived with the Laundrie parents for about a year in FL.

JMO

Made an error. Wanted to reply to Dexter's post up thread just a bit.

Here's the conversation you requested, Dexter.

BBM

Officer Daniel Robbins: (01:08:31)
Oh I’ve got quite a few. Like I said, my wife has really, really bad, bad anxiety and she takes medication for it daily. And sometimes it’s just not enough. Sometimes it builds up and it happens. I mean…

Brian Laundrie: (01:08:44)
My doctor told me I had anxiety, he prescribed me medication [inaudible 01:08:53] I believed that if I took the medication I might put myself off balance and be more anxious. That’s probably just a part of my anxiety.

I know this was somehow, something Gabby and Brian shared, some shared mental issues.....
I am pretty sure all the parents have insight to this, even from different family perspectives........
eventually we will all know... but I do not believe we have enough truth or fact to understand it all

I think the only reason I've ever seen is that GP wanted to attend her younger brother's HS graduation. She posted pictures of the two of them together on her IG. I'm guessing they were close so the drive from FL where they lived was worth it. Plus she and BL planned to drive all over the country on their trip with no rigid schedule so driving to NY first may not have been a big deal.
JMO
I definitely agree with this...... and the chance to have a farewell with all of her family was probably part of the trip to NY.... a royal sendoff of sorts. Probably all happy stuff...

I know this was somehow, something Gabby and Brian shared, some shared mental issues.....
I am pretty sure all the parents have insight to this, even from different family perspectives........
eventually we will all know... but I do not believe we have enough truth or fact to understand it all
More like transference, I imagine.

That's what sickens the Petitos the most I think from what I've gleaned from their interviews. MOO They truly believed they loved her like a daughter. And, when "they" were initially missing, the Petitos literally thought "they" were missing. They were sick with worry about both kids, and just couldn't understand how these people not only never responded to the countless calls and texts, but never even acknowledged them in any way. Even to this day. SB's self-serving statements that came after her body was found were a slap in the face IMO. JMO MOO
100% agree. This is just my opinion, but I cannot even fathom acting like that to parents that were worried sick about BOTH kids!! Then Gabby’s parents finding out that van was back in Florida & Brian was HOME!!! That’s a slap in the face, punch to the gut, & IMO, the purest form of cruelty & lack of humanity I’ve ever seen. All JMO but just thinking about how Gabby’s parents felt in that moment gets me so heated.

ETA: fixed another typo. I need a nap lol.

Last edited:
OP is referring to his old phone. MOO New phone, conveniently with nothing on it, was left at the house. JMO

A million threads ago, there was mention of a cell phone being bought at Walmart for BL. Then it was activated at AT&T. But seems that another phone was bought at AT&T for BL or that is the latest story. So, do we know how many phones were bought and where? I doubt it. In my opinion, a burner phone was probably bought at Walmart with prepaid minutes as this is very common and I doubt that it is on the same network. All JMHO

Has there been any reliable comment about whether, or not, Petito has/had a life insurance policy and/or a will? And, if so, who was named as beneficiary?
IMO, if there is L.I. for Gabby, it was probably held and paid-for by one or both parents/step-parents, etc.

I think she was getting by okay financially with her jobs, but she probably didn't have a lot of extra money. I would assume no life ins. unless her employer had one for his/her employees (doubtful, IMO) or she may have had a small one, also doubtful, IMO. And I'd bet a buck, if she did have her own policy, the beneficiary would definitely not be BL.
Also thinking, especially at her age, she did not yet have a will. If she did, I don't think BL was a beneficiary of anything she had. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en