Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would help to know why there were so many 911 calls from his parents house. Was he wanting to commit suicide?
I’m not certain these are all calls from the Laundrie home or if they were about the Laundrie home. I think the calls on the 10th, for example, are calls by the Petito/Schmidt family that required police to respond to the Laundrie home looking for GP (and BL).

We talk a lot about the “what ifs” surrounding the Moab stop. It is a worthy discussion to have because it’s all about prevention of this sort of tragedy.

But I also think about how differently this tragedy could have played out if things had been handled better after GP’s death. I keep going back to the Moab stop, when BL admitted to an anxiety diagnosis.

If BL had called 911, or immediately gone to get help after he killed GP, he would have certainly faced arrest. However, from that moment on, he could have admitted to losing control, that the confines of the trip had triggered his anxiety and rage, that he was heartbroken and sorry. Imo, the fallout from her death would have been slightly more bearable for everyone. It’s not like GP's family would say, “Oh, well, then it’s okay…” No, but there would have been something solid to hold on to. Something that makes sense. They would have known where their daughter was and gotten her body back sooner. They would have known what happened to her and worked to heal, as best as humanly possible under the circumstances.

His own family would not have been shoved into the national spotlight. The misery for his mother, father, sister, brother-in-law, and nephews could have been at least limited to the devastation of what he had done.

Nothing will bring back GP, even if BL is brought to justice. I’ve said it in other cases, that the only real winners here are the victims who might have been. The ones who could have crossed paths with a killer down the road, but won’t because he’s off the streets. If BL went off and shot himself to death, I would have the compassion to link this entire mess to his declining mental health. But if he just ran, putting every single person involved into this terrible, ongoing nightmare, only compounding an already excruciating situation, it’s inexcusable.

Jmo.

Last edited:
Brian Laundrie attorney Bertolino slams John Walsh after ID special on Gabby Petito case

NORTH PORT, Fla. – Brian Laundrie’s attorney Steve Bertolino tore into "America’s Most Wanted" creator John Walsh Thursday, the morning after the longtime TV host aired an ID channel special on the unsolved homicide of the Florida man's former fiancée, Gabby Petito.

Mudslinging
0a9f5cdabf9346c398a867e7dfa74d5f_md.jpg

Dog and John Walsh - called "dusty relics" by Laundrie attorney.

"Gabby Petito: ID Special Report" delved into the details surrounding the 22-year-old Petito’s slaying and Laundrie’s status as a fugitive on a federal bank fraud warrant.

For weeks, Walsh has suggested Laundrie, 23, may have taken advantage of the chaos at the southern border to cross in the opposite direction into Mexico.

In the special, Walsh speculated that Laundrie might be there, in the Bahamas or hiding out along the Appalachian Trail and alleged his parents may be helping him as he remains on the lam.

"I absolutely believe that his family is helping him stay on the run," said Walsh, who also hosts "In Pursuit with John Walsh" on ID.

Bertolino snapped back at such speculation.

"Dusty relics like that Dog and John Walsh need a tragic situation like this so they can clear the cobwebs off their names and give their publicity-hungry egos some food," Bertolino told Fox News Digital, also taking aim at Duane "Dog" Chapman, the reality TV star and real-life bounty hunter who entered the search for Laundrie late last month.

Through a spokesperson, Walsh said he had no comment on the lawyer’s attack, while Chapman issued a sharp response of his own.

"It’s ironic that Mr. Bertolino would criticize the people trying to find Brian Laundrie, unless perhaps he doesn’t want him to be found," he said.

Last edited:
Agree with everything but #8. We know that whatever he told them was not likely the true story and they had to know that on sept 10 , or 11 when they were desperately contacted by G's family.jmo........this is my opinion oops I don't think he went west, either, but no idea.
Yes, regarding where he went...
I agree it would seem more likely he took an escape within close proximity that lead to an off-shore or cross border location. Alternatively, an escape deep in to the woods of a known location. I keep mentioning the Adirondacks.
I'm sure FBI is exploring their known and close associates in various locations.

*If* BL's parents have been jeopardizing their own freedom to assist BL (we don't know that, just speculating and brainstorming), it is unlikely anyone else would be willing to take a similar risk. Unless, of course, there is sufficient incentive ($$$) to do so. All of these actions, especially movement of funds, leave breadcrumbs. Just about now would be the right timing for those type of discoveries to materialize, and for LE to act. The next week or two will be very telling, IMO.

Amateur opinion and speculation

And a lot of sexism trying to blame the Petitos and Gabby for her death. (not you) And a lot of sexism creating an entire story that never happened, painting Gabby and Joe as somehow mean to the laundries. They are victims, not the Laundries!
I certainly don’t blame anyone other than Brian for Gabby’s death. And I don’t view the Laundries as victims. IMO they are to blame for Gabby not being found until weeks later. I was only stating that I thought *Brianna* was nasty name-calling.

We talk a lot about the “what ifs” surrounding the Moab stop. It is a worthy discussion to have because it’s all about prevention of this sort of tragedy.

But I also think about how differently this tragedy could have played out if things had been handled better after GP’s death. I keep going back to the Moab stop, when BL admitted to an anxiety diagnosis.

If BL had called 911, or immediately gone to get help after he killed GP, he would have certainly faced arrest. However, from that moment on, he could have admitted to losing control, that the confines of the trip had triggered his anxiety and rage, that he was heartbroken and sorry. Imo, the fallout from her death would have been slightly more bearable for everyone. It’s not like GP's family would say, “Oh, well, then it’s okay…” No, but there would have been something solid to hold on to. Something that makes sense. They would have known where their daughter was and gotten her body back sooner. They would have known what happened to her and worked to heal, as best as humanly possible under the circumstances.

His own family would not have been shoved into the national spotlight. The misery for his mother, father, sister, brother-in-law, and nephews could have been at least limited to the devastation of what he had done.

Nothing will bring back GP, even if BL is brought to justice. I’ve said it in other cases, that the only real winners here are the victims who might have been. The ones who could have crossed paths with a killer down the road, but won’t because he’s off the streets. If he went off and shot himself to death, I would have the compassion to link this mess to his declining mental health. But if he just ran, putting every single person involved into this terrible, ongoing nightmare, only compounded an already excruciating situation, it’s inexcusable.

Jmo.
Your post raises many important questions that our society has yet to figure out. Some we can't discuss per direction of our Mods. There are no easy answers here, and many "what ifs'. What is a family supposed to do if a member of their family is having troubling coping or functioning in society? It's a very difficult situation, and a murky line between public safety and individuals rights.

Experts can analyze the Moab LE video for future training purposes, and hopefully some good will come of that. Overall however, I credit them (Moab LE) with separating GP and BL for a "cool down" period. Unfortunately, they decided to reunite, and we know the tragic result. There are many, many such sad cases.

The only answer or suggestion I have on how to prevent future tragedies like this, is a systemic change in our society, additional changes to our laws, and education in schools. There have been positive changes, but many more are needed to protect those who are vulnerable. Maybe the result of this tragedy will result in a new "Gabby law". Time will tell.

Nothing will bring back GP, even if BL is brought to justice. I’ve said it in other cases, that the only real winners here are the victims who might have been. The ones who could have crossed paths with a killer down the road, but won’t because he’s off the streets. If he went off and shot himself to death, I would have the compassion to link this mess to his declining mental health. But if he just ran, putting every single person involved into this terrible, ongoing nightmare, only compounding an already excruciating situation, it’s inexcusable.

Jmo.
Part of me believes that he was experiencing declining health. I can't help but think he was aware of it, and this is the sole reason for going home to his parents for a week in mid August. Idk, he just seems very fragile to me. I can't imagine he is doing well if actually alive right now. It seems he really needs to be with his parents. He is going on 24, and he still lives at home like a teenager. Why? He ran home to them twice when things got tough for him while out on the road. How can he possibly be thriving with his anxiety level. If alive, he will eventually be back at that house. JMO

He’s probably there in plain sight. It’s all so hyped up everyone is frantically searching, random places where he MAY be hiding, standing in front of houses with signs and banners screeching at his family, drones inspecting veg patches. Tv celebrities allowed to trample over the investigation

Bit of a circus it seems. Hope there is someone calm and measured behind the scenes

Part of me believes that he was experiencing declining health. I can't help but think he was aware of it, and this is the sole reason for going home to his parents for a week in mid August. Idk, he just seems very fragile to me. I can't imagine he is doing well if actually alive right now. It seems he really needs to be with his parents. He is going on 24, and he still lives at home like a teenager. Why? He ran home to them twice when things got tough for him while out on the road. How can he possibly be thriving with his anxiety level. If alive, he will eventually be back at that house. JMO
Agree with your assessment. His ability to function without the care of his parents seems unlikely, from the outside looking in.

Yes, regarding where he went...
I agree it would seem more likely he took an escape within close proximity that lead to an off-shore or cross border location. Alternatively, an escape deep in to the woods of a known location. I keep mentioning the Adirondacks.
I'm sure FBI is exploring their known and close associates in various locations.

*If* BL's parents have been jeopardizing their own freedom to assist BL (we don't know that, just speculating and brainstorming), it is unlikely anyone else would be willing to take a similar risk. Unless, of course, there is sufficient incentive ($$$) to do so. All of these actions, especially movement of funds, leave breadcrumbs. Just about now would be the right timing for those type of discoveries to materialize, and for LE to act. The next week or two will be very telling, IMO.

It is my hope, the FBI accounting forensic team is digging deep into financial transactions for SB, BLs parents and extended family.

I keep a very good amount of cash on hand, all 20s and under, since 911. I could easily live a cash only life for a year or more. Oh course, my purchases would be limited to food and bare necessities.

Moo...

He’s probably there in plain sight. It’s all so hyped up everyone is frantically searching, random places where he MAY be hiding, standing in front of houses with signs and banners screeching at his family, drones inspecting veg patches. Tv celebrities allowed to trample over the investigation

Bit of a circus it seems. Hope there is someone calm and measured behind the scenes

Brian Laundrie Update: Parents’ Home Turned Into Tourist Attraction, People Take Photos

Bit of a circus, yup!

ac30a034119e0189873e0ebfd8b8226f

Last week, a Pennsylvania woman dropped off a laundry basket and a sign reading, “Dirty Laundrie come clean” on their lawn.

The family home of Brian Laundrie in North Port, Florida has turned into a tourist attraction, as curious visitors travel from far and wide to see where he lived, while police ramp up their hunt for the missing man.

Media have been camped outside the Laundrie home since Brian’s disappearance as occasional visits from FBI investigators and local police spark theories about the mysterious case.

However the home, a humble, single-level, yellow house, is also increasingly attracting the attention of other people.
hqdefault-4702.jpg

In videos uploaded to Twitter, a number of cars were filmed doing drive-bys past the Laundrie home.

In one video, filmed by protester Jonathan Lee Riches, two women in a convertible cruise past the home, with the driver slowing to crawling speed to allow her passenger to take photos of the house.

In another bizarre video, also filmed by Mr Riches, a car slowly drives past the Laundrie house blasting the song Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell.

The lyrics of the song are about a man worrying about people watching him.

“All I want is to be left alone in my average home, but why do I always feel like I’m in the Twilight zone? And I always feel like somebody’s watching me and I have no privacy,” Rockwell sings.

“I always feel like somebody’s watching me, tell me is it just a dream?”

Last edited:
Brian Laundrie attorney Bertolino slams John Walsh after ID special on Gabby Petito case

NORTH PORT, Fla. – Brian Laundrie’s attorney Steve Bertolino tore into "America’s Most Wanted" creator John Walsh Thursday, the morning after the longtime TV host aired an ID channel special on the unsolved homicide of the Florida man's former fiancée, Gabby Petito.
Mudslinging
{pic snipped}

"Gabby Petito: ID Special Report" delved into the details surrounding the 22-year-old Petito’s slaying and Laundrie’s status as a fugitive on a federal bank fraud warrant.

For weeks, Walsh has suggested Laundrie, 23, may have taken advantage of the chaos at the southern border to cross in the opposite direction into Mexico.

In the special, Walsh speculated that Laundrie might be there, in the Bahamas or hiding out along the Appalachian Trail and alleged his parents may be helping him as he remains on the lam.

"I absolutely believe that his family is helping him stay on the run," said Walsh, who also hosts "In Pursuit with John Walsh" on ID.

"Dusty relics like that Dog and John Walsh need a tragic situation like this so they can clear the cobwebs off their names and give their publicity-hungry egos some food," Bertolino told Fox News Digital, also taking aim at Duane "Dog" Chapman, the reality TV star and real-life bounty hunter who entered the search for Laundrie late last month.

Through a spokesperson, Walsh said he had no comment on the lawyer’s attack, while Chapman issued a sharp response of his own.

"It’s ironic that Mr. Bertolino would criticize the people trying to find Brian Laundrie, unless perhaps he doesn’t want him to be found," he said.

What an embarrassing diversion.

It is my hope, the FBI accounting forensic team is digging deep into financial transactions for SB, BLs parents and extended family.

I keep a very good amount of cash on hand, all 20s and under, since 911. I could easily live a cash only life for a year or more. Oh course, my purchases would be limited to food and bare necessities.

Moo...

You are unusual. If I wanted to disappear quickly and suddenly, I have no cache of cash, nor does anyone I know. It would be very easily traceable to access money from family or my own accounts.

BL could be dead. That would take care of needs. He could be living in that swamp —he does have average survivalist skills. He could have joined some homeless area—he could be pretty far by now from Carlton Reserve if he just parked the car and just started walking. Even further if a friend involved. Or zany acquaintance willing to join the thrill of aiding a fugitive. Such aid could mean he could be anywhere—drop him off Out of state.

But money a problem. Doubt Gabby’s accounts had that much money in them, and his parents’ money likely under scrutiny as well as close family members’.

But there are fugitives from the law out there. Apparently these national parks have a lot more people disappearing in them than I’d have thought.

#BrianLaundrie #GabbyPetito #manhunt The search continues this morning. A cadaver K-9 unit is also on duty in Carlton Reserve today. Let’s hope a conclusion is reached soon.

BRPROUD | Brian Laundrie manhunt resumes with cadaver dogs

I can't help, but think that he is somewhere in that Reserve. Seems like LE has more that they are going on then the parent's word. If he is there somewhere, he isn't in good shape at all. Lived in those parts a long time ago, place is loaded with rattlesnakes and alligators.

Mudslinging
0a9f5cdabf9346c398a867e7dfa74d5f_md.jpg

Moo...This is getting to SB. Walsh and Dog have large following, reach two opposite audiences. I hope both keep talking!!! Keep the heat on BL!! Someone, somewhere, knows where BLs hiding, moo.

Your kid walks away, not reported for 4 days and you remain silent. No, we won't hear from BLs parents. They can't speak to the press and risk perjury.

All MOO...

Moo...

Honestly it's my hope the FBI isn't mucking about in the bank accts of the Laundries' attorney, the Laundries' and their extended family members. They'd need warrants to do it legally and I don't see how they could get those based on what we know now.

<modsnip>
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. In no way do I mean to excuse BL for what he did to GP. She was the victim here, and BL's actions after the fact are shameful. But yes, as I've said many times, it appears that in the weeks leading up to her death, BL was spiraling (jmo). If he was having a mental health issue then, it wasn't going to magically improve after he got back to FL. So like you said, if he's still alive and on the run, he might not be in very good shape, mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresa06