Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good question! For me, it isn't really that I doubt that BL did this, it is that the facts aren't plentiful enough to prove he did, meaning I don't have enough facts to prove that someone else wasn't involved, yet.

There are too many gaps in information and other potential possibilities still hanging around for me to make up my mind completely, just yet. At least is why I remain on the fence. MOO. Thank you for asking. I am also curious what others think.
It comes down to reasonable doubt. Is there something that reasonably could have happened other than BL doing it?
1) They were fighting on this trip to the point of DV report.
2) He liked to take long treks and did, alone
3) Not unreasonable that they fought snd he left her alone
4) Someone else could have come to campsite and have found her alone, attacked and killed her
5) He could have returned to find her gone, then found body , panicked and run. Afraid because of the fighting , he’d get blamed.

I don’t feel that happened. Not a bit, but could it reasonably have happened?

I was about to pose this question myself. Could the “last straw” have been an argument over meeting up with Rose in Yellowstone? BL was said (by Rose) to have sabotaged at least 1 night that GP and Rose were supposed to go out, wonder if his jealousy or possessiveness got to him? All MOO and thinking.

I have the same questions…meet up, then what?

I think the last straw was her apologizing for his disturbing behavior at Merry Piglets. I do not think his ego could accept that.

I don’t think all of the toxicology was, or is, back yet. That could be why he can’t speak to some results. Although it is interesting he was able to determine she wasn’t pregnant. The condition of the remains must have made that possible.
According to Dr. Blue, Wyoming state law severely constrains what info he can reveal about the case. I don't know the actual law, but it sounded like all but the most basic info is left for LE (or other state authorities) to reveal or not. Perhaps this law is intended to protect information in case it might be relevant to a trial.

JMO

Perhaps they cancelled their Sept 1-3 reservation because the weather forecast for the Ft DeSoto area on Sept 1 was heavy rain and thunderstorms all day ?

In FL a brief afternoon shower is typical. But heavy rain, wind, and lightning? I'd skip camping too!
JMO

World Temperatures — Weather Around The World=

I think they knew he was headed home and that is why they cancelled. LE will know if they received a call from him between the 27th and 1st. His sister also said in her conversation with the protesters outside of her home that the parents and BL were at her house on the 1st. The parents included him in their plans including the camping trip for 3 when they rescheduled.

According to Dr. Blue, Wyoming state law severely constrains what info he can reveal about the case. I don't know the actual law, but it sounded like all but the most basic info is left for LE (or other state authorities) to reveal or not. Perhaps this law is intended to protect information in case it might be relevant to a trial.

JMO

exactly! he had to state that multiple times, because people kept asking questions that he was not allowed to address...

Thanks for sharing this; but to me if you have not made up your mind it means you doubt whether he did it. But what makes you doubt ?

Proof is for the courtroom. I’m really asking what sleuthers think and why.
Hmmm. I am not emotionally tied to the case, particularly, so the lack of facts and proof, so far, truly are what lead to my reasonable doubt, maybe?

My thoughts though do go back and forth on it all. I am guessing we have a long way to go and there may be surprises along the way in terms of how it all unfolds.

Just seems too strange a case for an easy decision to be made. All just my opinion.

the search warrant states that the hard drive was in the van, not the mustang...

WPTV obtained a copy of the search warrant, which states police needed to look through an external hard drive found inside a silver Ford Mustang at Laundrie's home, as well as text messages where Petito [Gabby] indicated growing tensions with Laundrie in conversations with her mother.

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/live-fbi-executes-search-warrant-at-brian-laundries-florida-home

I'm like you. Everyone else on our RV trips are the most social people I have ever met. My husband loves it. He even trades emails and phone numbers. I kinda want to be left alone. Lol.
bbm
Same here... Are you an only child?

OK, so he strangled her, she wasn't quite dead, and he drove away in her van and left her in the field? IT was said she was partially covered, IIRC. Did he cover her before he left?

I would like to know the answer to this also.

WPTV obtained a copy of the search warrant, which states police needed to look through an external hard drive found inside a silver Ford Mustang at Laundrie's home, as well as text messages where Petito [Gabby] indicated growing tensions with Laundrie in conversations with her mother.

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/live-fbi-executes-search-warrant-at-brian-laundries-florida-home

the actual search warrant has been posted upthread, and it says in the van...unless there is another search warrant for a different hard drive, and wptv neglected to link it in their article...

this is the sun, so take it for what it’s worth. Does point to another possibility for GP ‘s address of record. If that is of interest to anyone
Well, is Rose nuts or is this true? If so, its really a big change in the scenario we thought we sort of understood and makes the harassment at Laundries even more egregious. jmo And many more questions about where Gabby's stuff got moved. And wouldn't Gabby's parents have known where she lived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay