Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spotted the mug with letter 'V' on...

This wouldn't have normally drawn my attention but I'm sure I recall one of Brian and Gabby's social media handles referenced the letters B, G and V.

I had assumed that the V was for "Van life", but it's strange seeing this initial again on a mug when none of the people in this entire case have a name beginning with V.

MOO
The V is driving me crazy too. Their Dyrt account had them listed as Gabby & Brian V. and I questioned it here several threads back. The answers I received made sense, but so strange to have a mug with the letter V since I would think most people that buy initial mugs would buy one with their own initial. I don’t think it has anything to do with the case IMO but it’s bugging me.

Everything about this search is odd. They do not close down the reserve to the public even though BL could be armed and dangerous. The father being brought to the reserve to search for his son?!
The Mustang being left at the reserve was obviously to divert LE. The parents driving the car home a few days later? Pfft!

Bringing the father along when I’m assuming he could just show them on a map. Odd odd odd all of it. IMO

BBM
It is odd.
Perhaps the trainees weren't novices but it was some sort of an advanced training exercise?
IDK
jmho

that would make more sense, you’d hope they were at least qualified LE and not students. When I heard ‘training’ I just assumed they were newbies, my mistake. IMO

The media said that the police tape at a few spots was an attempt to keep the media out. Brian Entin talked about it in one of his live videos.
The training was just strange. Can't imagine the feds allowing that to happen at an active search area.
do you know if the FBI said it was for that reason? Would make sense though because we know what some media can be like although I think most have been quite respectful in gabbys case from what I’ve seen anyway. IMO

<modsnip> That decorating style screams short term Florida rental / timeshare. When condos are built as timeshares, the decorator is hired, all the condos get pretty much the same furniture and bedding. My Mom used to work in a furniture store in Venice, FL. The decorators would come in and order en mass. If they were too busy, they’d ask her to pick out stuff.

The condos ad on realtor .com and Zillow .com said it has a current tenant. The bike being beside the bed would make this seem plausible. I doubt it was GP & BL tho. They spent time working on their van. No way they’d drive 30 minutes back and forth each day. Too much traffic and too much gas for 2 unemployed van lifers.

Maybe the Laundries rented a similar condo for a brief period while the friend visited. Some of those condos are investment properties and they’re probably on VRBO & AirBnB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t want to say he is insane or anything, he went home, he’s hiding, he used her credit card.

"I mean, that’s not someone who has gone crazy. He knows what he is doing."

Before Gabby set off on her intrepid road trip across the United States, she had warned her to keep safe.

But she said: "I felt safe because she was with Brian and felt she would be OK. I thought he would take care of her."
Gabby's mom wants Brian Laundrie to be 'locked up for rest of his life'
I'd guess that Gabby's parents, family and friends have done a lot of reflecting on this and thought of several things that could be deemed as red flags after knowing what we now know. I say this because of what her parents and Rose have said in interviews

The V is driving me crazy too. Their Dyrt account had them listed as Gabby & Brian V. and I questioned it here several threads back. The answers I received made sense, but so strange to have a mug with the letter V since I would think most people that buy initial mugs would buy one with their own initial. I don’t think it has anything to do with the case IMO but it’s bugging me.

Phew! I thought it was me that was losing the plot a little bit. Glad you spotted this too.

The V on their Dyrt account could maybe be explained away as 'V for vanlife' as in Gabby and Brian Vanlife, but to see that letter again on a mug is perplexing, to me at least!

MOO

Phew! I thought it was me that was losing the plot a little bit. Glad you spotted this too.

The V on their Dyrt account could maybe be explained away as 'V for vanlife' as in Gabby and Brian Vanlife, but to see that letter again on a mug is perplexing, to me at least!

MOO
Considering Gabby's middle name, maybe that name has significance and was important to her.

do you know if the FBI said it was for that reason? Would make sense though because we know what some media can be like although I think most have been quite respectful in gabbys case from what I’ve seen anyway. IMO

RSBM
I don't know if the feds said anything. According to what i heard on the video and other say, the local cops told somebody that it was to keep them out.

MOO
We have vanlife mugs but not an initial V they generally say ‘vanlife’ IMO

I don't believe I suggested that it is the job of a sleuther to find evidence in an investigation instead of LE. I never said that.

I said until evidence is presented to the contrary, I cannot 100% think that BL killed GP. As you rightly point out, if this goes to trial, the evidence will be revealed at that stage. This is why I said the evidence as it stands is not sufficient for me. I'm open minded and if further, more concrete evidence is produced then I'm more than willing to fully believe that BL is guilty.

Additionally, I don't believe I've dismantled any facts to suit my own personal narrative.

Finally, you say "None of us here can convict him of murder based on not knowing all the facts of evidence that the FBI has". I think you'll find that plenty of people here have already figuratively 'hung, drawn, and quartered' Brian Laundrie, and have 100% convicted him in their own minds, regardless of the facts and evidence presented.

I won't apologise for keeping an open mind - I think it's what sleuthing is all about.

MOO
Agreed. With probably less than 1% of the facts here, I'm not comfortable drawing conclusions either. Of course, as a member of the GQ public I'm free to draw whatever conclusion I want, evidence or no evidence. But I'm a "just the facts, ma'am" kind of gal and tend to think like a juror. And I've been a juror, more than a few times. I'm not comfortable coming to a verdict or indictment unless substantiated facts are in front of me. I can theorize, speculate and fantasize all day long, but I cannot come to a conclusion in the absence of 99% of the facts. Nope.

jmo

Considering Gabby's middle name, maybe that name has significance and was important to her.

Ahh yes, her middle name was Venora!
Maybe there was a G and a P on the mug too but round the other side, so her initials were on there: GVP.

Still doesn't explain the social media account though 'Gabby and Brian V... "
o_O

JMO

I don’t want to say he is insane or anything, he went home, he’s hiding, he used her credit card.

"I mean, that’s not someone who has gone crazy. He knows what he is doing."

Before Gabby set off on her intrepid road trip across the United States, she had warned her to keep safe.

But she said: "I felt safe because she was with Brian and felt she would be OK. I thought he would take care of her."
Gabby's mom wants Brian Laundrie to be 'locked up for rest of his life'

Thanks for the link. As usual though the Sun has errors. One place says Aug 24 was the last time GP was seen alive but then has a timeline with the later MP visit.

NS talks about the Moab stop. And certainly from what is written by the Sun reporter it's not at all clear GP called NS during that stop. Do we know for sure?
JMO

I have seen her. But knowing she's 55, generally middle class, and from NY doesn't allow me to know her taste in decor. I don't think all 55-year olds of a certain wealth status from NY (or anywhere else) are alike. I've never seen inside her current house. Finally we don't know if the condo reflects her taste. That's kind of the point. You said it did & I wanted to see known examples of her home decor. Thanks anyway.
JMO

We have seen BL’s bedroom photo also. For me seeing all these things I mentioned does allow me to form an opinion about her taste. Other things do as well. It’s just how detectives suss things out.

Ahh yes, her middle name was Venora!
Maybe there was a G and a P on the mug too but round the other side, so her initials were on there: GVP.

Still doesn't explain the social media account though 'Gabby and Brian V... "
o_O

JMO
Maybe BL wanted to use the V for his mothers maiden name or something else. Maybe they tried an L but an account existed with that. I have no ideas what else it could mean

Gabby's middle name and mom's maiden name? My friend and her wife took her middle name as their last name when they got married rather than either of their last names. They felt it created a new "beginning" for both of them. Probably NOT the case here but possible. I would like to know as well. MOO

Thanks for the link. As usual though the Sun has errors. One place says Aug 24 was the last time GP was seen alive but then has a timeline with the later MP visit.

NS talks about the Moab stop. And certainly from what is written by the Sun reporter it's not at all clear GP called NS during that stop. Do we know for sure?
JMO
I do question if Gabby actually called anybody at all or at least had anyone answer their phone. I've never seen anyone say anything about it.

Another factor is that the Laundries were the next door neighbors of the Petitos for almost 10 years, as discussed here previously. So, MOO, they likely knew each other relatively well.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #41
How does that make sense though? Why wouldn't her dad mention this is how they knew each other? Here's what he said in the interview

Dr. Phil
When did they begin dating and move to Northport Florida to live with his parents?

Gabby's dad
So about 2 and a half years. They've known each other since High School.

Dr. Phil
How well did you know him, and what was he like?

Gabby's dad
I'd met him a bunch of times, you know. I'd never liked any of Gabby's boyfriend's, let's be real. I've never actually called any of her boyfriends by their real name, ever. I've always made up names for them, to be honest with you.

Dr. Phil
What was your name for Brian?

Gabby's dad
Brianna.

Dr. Phil
Why that?

Gabby's dad
Why not? I always tried to use the female version of the boyfriend's names. Just to intimidate them a little bit.

Dr. Phil
How did he respond?

Gabby's dad
They laughed. As the years progressed I think she prepared them for when they met me.
Brian was always respectful you know? I can't say he wasn't.

Dr. Phil
What kind of relationship did they have, how would you describe it?

Gabby's dad
There's no red flags that stuck out. Nothing that popped in my head that this boy, you know is not a good boy. If there were I would've discouraged going on the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member