Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe I suggested that it is the job of a sleuther to find evidence in an investigation instead of LE. I never said that.

I said until evidence is presented to the contrary, I cannot 100% think that BL killed GP. As you rightly point out, if this goes to trial, the evidence will be revealed at that stage. This is why I said the evidence as it stands is not sufficient for me. I'm open minded and if further, more concrete evidence is produced then I'm more than willing to fully believe that BL is guilty.

Additionally, I don't believe I've dismantled any facts to suit my own personal narrative.

Finally, you say "None of us here can convict him of murder based on not knowing all the facts of evidence that the FBI has". I think you'll find that plenty of people here have already figuratively Brian Laundrie, and have 100% convicted him in their own minds, regardless of the facts and evidence presented.

I

I snipped for my response. I never said you are were/are gathering evidence to fit a narrative, that was truly me saying that about Me, not you.

Of course no one but the killer and LE knows what the evidence and facts are as to who did it, that wasn't what I was particularly implying, but rather moreso based on the facts that we do know he is guilty of something, and I do know in a court proceeding he couldn't be found guilty based on what you, sleuther's, and I know right now.

I'd say a majority here, myself included find all of his behavior suspect, first and most importantly leaving Wyoming while his girlfriend is missing/dead. That is a fact that IMO would be hard to overcome if I was on a jury.

Going on the run won't get him convicted because at the time he wasn't under a indictment for any crime, but his complete lack of concern, not talking to LE, and never returning would be held against him if only for the fact that it's not normal behavior when a loved one is missing.

I know that would never get a conviction, and we are mostly just waiting for more to be revealed, I apologize if you interpreted anything I said as being personal towards you. As I've said, you have the right to your opinion. JMHO

The V is driving me crazy too. Their Dyrt account had them listed as Gabby & Brian V. and I questioned it here several threads back. The answers I received made sense, but so strange to have a mug with the letter V since I would think most people that buy initial mugs would buy one with their own initial. I don’t think it has anything to do with the case IMO but it’s bugging me.
Influencers on SM like to brand their accounts.
Perhaps the V was like a logo to GP and BL?
jmho

Seems a lifetime ago but I dated a guy who years after our breakup killed his best friend in a DWI car crash. As his court date neared, and after leaving his lawyer's office, he went home and hung himself. Same reason as you stated above, he couldn't do prison.

IMO Gabby had been in this same up and down relationship for years, it was familiar to her, and behavior's that were cropping up may have seemed normal, or at least acceptable to Gabby. She had no previous experience in relationships,, so she had nothing to compare this one to.

The Moab stop may have been her first interaction with LE and it was dealing with a serious accusation of DV. It may have been the 1st time she started realizing that hey, maybe this behavior wasn't normal, that she was the one being accused of being the aggressor, and it might have frightened her to think about if she should be in a unhealthy relationship.

Obviously I don't know what impact that police stop had on her, or even if she was even aware of this relationship not being normal since she took complete blame for all that happened that day.

I do believe if she had been able to continue growing as a person, she would have come to a realization that this was not a relationship she wanted to continue in. She may have started realizing she was outgrowing him, with or without DV involved. But I doubt she was able to make that decision during this trip because she was so set on making her dreams come true to the exclusion of everything else.

Too bad BL didn't give her that chance to start growing up and dumping him. I would be shocked if he's found dead but I won't be surprised, he may not be able to handle all the guilt associated with this crime and the thought of going to prison. JMO IMO

Agree that the whole thing is heart-breaking.
When I say he could have killed himself by now, I do think he might have been naive enough to think he could flee initially. There are ways to suicide which require less personal courage. ( Don't want to get too graphic though)
Yes it's possible that the MOAB incident made her realise she needed to get out of this relationship but it could have also had negative consequences - made her feel that she was even more to blame for his behaviour as 'primary agressor'. All we have is crumbs of information so I find it hard to come down one way or another.

Nonetheless, the crumbs we do have include Rose's comments about Gabby refusing to go into detail on a past fight. Because have always thought Rose seemed credible, that just seemed to suggest she might have known that the DV was unacceptable ( Caveat - Whole case is a nightmare cause it's imposs to say for sure OTOH BL could have threatened GP about discussing the DV with Rose. Shame, fear of the consequences, fear of him etc. I definitely feel that she would have been warned not to discuss their personal business with others )

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

'She said the couple wouldn't argue in front of her, but she could tell afterward. Gabby would appear upset, but he'd seem calm.'

on the line-dancing/ BL takes her ID fight

'Brian didn't want her to go out with me, so he took it,' she recalled. 'She was so hysterical. She told me she slapped him and said something about him pushing her.

'She was holding back. I told her you need to tell me the deep of what happened and she just wouldn't.'

Rose also tried, delicately, to get Gabby to reconsider her engagement to Laundrie.

Gabby told her mother she'd put off the engagement, but according to Rose, they were still looking to get married.

'I told her you're young and Brian is a little controlling for her, but I also told her to do what makes you happy and I'm here to support you,' she said.

( BTW there was also a bit in the MOAB tape which connects with how Brian viewed DV - he says wtte ...I'd tell the court I don't want to press charges I love her but I'm sorry it got so public. I'd have to go find the link & exact quote but that was another Ugh! moment for me just cause it hints at -just keep it hidden. )

Thanks for the link. As usual though the Sun has errors. One place says Aug 24 was the last time GP was seen alive but then has a timeline with the later MP visit.

NS talks about the Moab stop. And certainly from what is written by the Sun reporter it's not at all clear GP called NS during that stop. Do we know for sure?
JMO
Yeh, I don’t look at details much in them, I prob should before posting those links. I’ve usually read the story before. I just know some of these questionable links have the best photos. I assume (wrong again grandma) that most already know those details - they’ve been posted over and over again. I’ve posted the transcript several times.
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance
Posting a couple other transcripts:
Gabby Petito Family Press Conference Transcript September 28

FBI News Conference on Possible Discovery of Gabby Petito Body: Transcript

We have seen BL’s bedroom photo also. For me seeing all these things I mentioned does allow me to form an opinion about her taste. Other things do as well. It’s just how detectives suss things out.

Well if that works for you. But we don't know if that bedroom decor was actually BL's. And coming up with a decorating "profile" (or any other kind of profile) based on factors like SES and geographical location of birthplace requires an awful lot of generalizing about people.
JMO

I snipped for my response. I never said you are were/are gathering evidence to fit a narrative, that was truly me saying that about Me, not you.

Of course no one but the killer and LE knows what the evidence and facts are as to who did it, that wasn't what I was particularly implying, but rather moreso based on the facts that we do know he is guilty of something, and I do know in a court proceeding he couldn't be found guilty based on what you, sleuther's, and I know right now.

I'd say a majority here, myself included find all of his behavior suspect, first and most importantly leaving Wyoming while his girlfriend is missing/dead. That is a fact that IMO would be hard to overcome if I was on a jury.

Going on the run won't get him convicted because at the time he wasn't under a indictment for any crime, but his complete lack of concern, not talking to LE, and never returning would be held against him if only for the fact that it's not normal behavior when a loved one is missing.

I know that would never get a conviction, and we are mostly just waiting for more to be revealed, I apologize if you interpreted anything I said as being personal towards you. As I've said, you have the right to your opinion. JMHO

Apology accepted, and no worries, things can easily be misconstrued and misinterpreted on here :)

There are photos everywhere of her hairstyle her clothing, cars, house and now her condo. They were from New York and moved to Florida. They don’t look wealthy. We know her age. When you live long enough and travel the world and meet and observe enough people you get a feeling for these things.
Hehe. ITA! If someone has lived in FL for any amount of time at all, you know the type, lol. Especially the people moving from suburbs of NYC. I looked at the pics of the condo and it is totally what I expected. IME.

Well if that works for you. But we don't know if that bedroom decor was actually BL's. And coming up with a decorating "profile" (or any other kind of profile) based on factors like SES and geographical location of birthplace requires an awful lot of generalizing about people.
JMO

Once again, it’s not based on a science nor is it a condemnation judgment of RL. It is an observation based on experience with people and it is a diagnostic judgment. Hope you can understand. We can sleuth based on appearances and behaviors. We can assess people based on their materiality, the way they dress and walk and so many things. It doesn’t make us bad people.

JMO
For what it's worth, there is a picture of Gabby holding that flag painted "Gun" g=hanging on the side of that shelf.
I'd say most of what was in that room in those pictures was BL's given everything that's seen in the picture and what we know about BL now

Hehe. ITA! If someone has lived in FL for any amount of time at all, you know the type, lol. Especially the people moving from suburbs of NYC. I looked at the pics of the condo and it is totally what I expected. IME.

I am getting tons of heat for expressing my opinion here - watch out ! ;0)

I'm going to throw this out there and it may have been discussed, if so, forgive me please. We are all basing the idea that Brian flew from SLC to FL on three things: A note scribbled at the top of a sheet of paper (by uncle allegedly), CaL's admission (which is now in question for some), SB's tweet (which is also questionable, by some). So what are the chances BL drove the van to FL on the 17th? He could definitely do it and drive back in 7 days. Maybe they used the van to move contents of the storage "locker"? That would explain where the van was and why Gabby was in a hotel room for a week. MOO

EDITED to add: That could be when the "Venice" bumper sticker became relevant enough to place on the back of the van.

<snip>

( BTW there was also a bit in the MOAB tape which connects with how Brian viewed DV - he says wtte ...I'd tell the court I don't want to press charges I love her but I'm sorry it got so public. I'd have to go find the link & exact quote but that was another Ugh! moment for me just cause it hints at -just keep it hidden. )
I was also struck by BL's apology for the fight being so public.
It gave me chills.
jmho

Once again, it’s not based on a science nor is it a condemnation judgment of RL. It is an observation based on experience with people and it is a diagnostic judgment. Hope you can understand.

Well obviously I don't. Saying RL is a certain "type" because of her appearance, age, income level, and birthplace region generalizes an awful lot. And doesn't tell me how she decorated her house! I can come up with a stereotyped idea about northern women of a certain age I guess but I don't think that's too useful. But thanks anyway. I'll drop the question because it's getting OT.
JMO

For what it's worth, there is a picture of Gabby holding that flag painted "Gun" g=hanging on the side of that shelf.
I'd say most of what was in that room in those pictures was BL's given everything that's seen in the picture and what we know about BL now

Thanks. I've seen that picture I think and there is some dispute about what she's holding. But thanks.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member