Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to strongly disagree with this one. Can you imagine the evidence from the wiretaps say, on OJ, Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson, etc. They would have had to come up with a secret language to speak with their attorneys - or in person and not over the phone ever - if this were allowable.

Any conversation Scott Peterson had with his attorney about his case would not have been admissible at trial. But LE also did arrest him when they thought he was fleeing to Mexico.

JMO

What I was getting at was that Stan whoever that was, was not Stan the grandfather. Was someone else Gabby was in touch with. Maybe that was the person Gabby called when sitting in the LE car in Moab. Someone Brian was unaware of.

But if is was Gabby's grandfather, maybe that is who she called during the Moab stop. Still trying to figure out who she called.

And if calls were FROM Stan, why not call him back??

Gabby’s mother received the text on 8/27. It’s one of the text messages they feel was actually from BL since GB did not call her grandfather “Stan.”

“Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls,”

Cryptic last texts sent from Gabby Petito's phone to her mom, as cops search her hard drive | Daily Mail Online
Jmo

(I’m not a huge fan of daily mail but many of the other articles about the same thing seem to be on more random, smaller websites. They are all pretty much the same as the DM since the text is listed on the warrant.)

edited for better clarity

What I was getting at was that Stan whoever that was, was not Stan the grandfather. Was someone else Gabby was in touch with. Maybe that was the person Gabby called when sitting in the LE car in Moab. Someone Brian was unaware of.

But if is was Gabby's grandfather, maybe that is who she called during the Moab stop. Still trying to figure out who she called.

Why would you think that?

It was the 27th. Gabby was likely dead. Do you really think BL would call Grandpa? I don't. I think BL was getting agitated and having his thoughts interrupted by frequent buzzes from the phone. He might not have known much about silencing the phone - so he irritably sends an uncharacteristic message.

I think Gabby was just listening to voice messages while in the LE car. Many people use a bit of time to do that. Some people actually have saved messages that they've kept to help self-soothe.

At any rate, it's all speculation. But I can imagine many reasons why neither Gabby nor Brian would call Grandpa back that day - maybe he started calling during the disastrous lunch at Merry Piglets, then all through their fruitless search for a regular campsite (if that even happened - perhaps they went straight to the unauthorized site). They were busy.

And then only one of them was busy - and I believe that person sent that text (as well as the silly Yosemite text).

DNA according to their attorney.

......Two FBI agents visited the family home of Brian Laundrie in Florida on Sunday to collect some of his personal belongings for “DNA matching,” according to the family’s lawyer.

FBI visits Laundrie home to investigate DNA match
I hadn't read those specific SB comments, thanks. I was referring to when the FBI returned and seem to gather evidence from the camper and SB claimed they were gathering scent related items. https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1443634516816498690/photo/1

I'd noticed this the first time I watched it but never really circled back to it.

At 44:32, the female officer (standing outside the vehicle, with the door shut) says that GP is calling her parents.

At 48:54, (about 4 minutes later) the police officer opens the door to the vehicle, and immediately -- without saying "goodbye" or "hold on" or "give me a minute," GP moves the phone from her ear, sets it in her lap, and starts talking to the officers.

At 49:50, when the officer tells her he'll "let you get back to your parents," he then shuts the door before she can pick up the phone again.

Was there anywhere else in the video that actually shows her talking on the phone? Because there's no indication that I saw on the body cam that she actually got a hold of anyone during the stop.

ETA: It was a Thursday afternoon, so maybe her mom was at work/busy and didn't pick up?

(Including screen shots of those seconds when the officer opens the door)

BBM
No to those but as somebody else said the door is closed so we can't know, so we can't see if she's saying 'Hold on' & muting during the c 10 seconds when she sees Robbins returning near the door but before he speaks to her.

Who knows what the answer is on this phone call but this is the Hulls recollection

Park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship seemed toxic after she was called to abuse incident | Daily Mail Online

Melissa Hulls, the visitor and resource protection supervisor at Arches National Park in Moab, said she was 'imploring with [Petito] to reevaluate the relationship' but that the 22-year-old didn't understand 'how big a deal this was.'
Hulls told Deseret News the conversation she had with Petito on the scene of the domestic incident has echoed with her ever since.

'I can still hear her voice. She wasn't just a face on the milk carton, she was real to me,' she said.

She said she can remember Petito sobbing in the back of the police cruiser. Cops had already arrived at the scene by the time Hulls got there.

She said that as a female ranger, she has been trained to chat with women during suspected domestic abuse call outs to try and get them to relax and open up.

'I was probably more candid with her than I should've been,' Hulls said.

She told Petito that her and Laundrie's relationship had the markings of a 'toxic' one.

'I was imploring with her to reevaluate the relationship, asking her if she was happy in the relationship with him, and basically saying this was an opportunity for her to find another path, to make a change in her life,' she added.

I think he left Gabby's body where it was because he didn't anticipate somebody driving by the van, taking a video of it and then remembering it weeks later in order to tip police. That's one of the most stunning aspects of this case.

JMO

It wasn't Red White and Blume that lead to LE finding the body. LE was already at Spread Creek searching on the Friday morning before they found her body. LE already had multiple witness reports on where the van was parked and was asking the public to search their photos and videos if they were in that area that weekend. The next night, Saturday night, RWB searched through their video and found the clip that they uploaded early Sunday morning to youtube after providing it to LE. Granted its great video evidence, but its not the reason GP was found.

Brian told Moab police that their goal was to become WWOOFers. I wonder if that is what he is actually doing now?

"It is your responsibility to contact hosts and make arrangements for a WWOOF visit. Please be prepared to contribute four to six hours of organic farming and gardening a day, while receiving meals, accommodations, and a rewarding and educational experience."

There are plenty of the people who live on farms and don't spend much time, if any, watching the news.

There are 1560 host farms in the USA. Look at all the farm with immediate opportunities:
Find a Host | WWOOF USA

He was going to do it in Washington and Oregon, but there are tons of farms all over the US where they would provide accommodations and food in exchange for work and typically the young people that do this move from farm to farm. What better way to stay off the radar and have all your needs met? I certainly hope the FBI is checking WWOOFing Farms!

There's also a very good theory put forth by a WSer (whose name I am sorry I do not remember) about a very specific WWOOF place - called Cacophony. Home to BL's favorite author. It's a farm, anyway, not sure it's registered as a WWOOF. North of Portland.

I too would hope the FBI is looking in that region...

I actually thought maybe she had called him too. I speculated about it threads ago. I know pretty much nothing about her relationship with her grandpa, but wondered if it’s possible he has a background in law/law enforcement and she was calling him for help for that reason? MOO

ETA: if she left a message and sounded upset, maybe that was why he was calling her and leaving what I assume is multiple messages

What about this:

GP's mom gets text.

GP's mom then might have called Stan and said: "Hey Stan, GP is getting your voicemails, what's up? What do you need help with?"

To which Stan might reply:"What voicemails? I don't need help. That makes no sense. I haven't called her."

Then alarm bells go off.

I wish we knew the time that the Stan text was sent on the 27th. Or even a pre/post Merry Piglets confirmation. I've had a thought about it that I know won't be popular (what else is new), but what if the Stan text was the precursor for either BL's bad mood in MPs, or even GP's murder itself?

If Stan was calling all day(s), leaving voicemails when they were out of phone signal areas, etc., maybe BL took that as an indication that GP had been blabbing to her family about him. Maybe they argued about that and he took her phone and sent that text not really giving a rat's *advertiser censored** about using his proper name. Idk...

I kind of suspect GP was still alive when the Stan text was sent. 1) It's included in the search warrant but the 30th one is not. And 2) If BL was hiking after her murder and had GP's phone, why not just turn it off? No more buzzing from Stan and no digital footprint.

Last edited:
With all of the special sophisticated technology, skill, professional training, human resources, expertise, and intelligence at their beck, I’m wondering how it is that BL and possibly his parents have managed to evade the FBI for 36 days.

I’m seriously perplexed and can’t make it out.

Scott Peterson had dyed his hair and made all sorts of plans to flee the US — but was apprehended. I could list several more…:confused:

Any conversation Scott Peterson had with his attorney about his case would not have been admissible at trial. But LE also did arrest him when they thought he was fleeing to Mexico.

JMO

yeah, there is a lot of useful information you can garner even if you can't use it in court. But I still don't know if you can legally wiretap and attorneys call with his client.

Why would you think that?

It was the 27th. Gabby was likely dead. Do you really think BL would call Grandpa? I don't. I think BL was getting agitated and having his thoughts interrupted by frequent buzzes from the phone. He might not have known much about silencing the phone - so he irritably sends an uncharacteristic message.

I think Gabby was just listening to voice messages while in the LE car. Many people use a bit of time to do that. Some people actually have saved messages that they've kept to help self-soothe.

At any rate, it's all speculation. But I can imagine many reasons why neither Gabby nor Brian would call Grandpa back that day - maybe he started calling during the disastrous lunch at Merry Piglets, then all through their fruitless search for a regular campsite (if that even happened - perhaps they went straight to the unauthorized site). They were busy.

And then only one of them was busy - and I believe that person sent that text (as well as the silly Yosemite text).

Ok, that is a plausible explanation. I was connecting dots that probably are completely unrelated.

I'd noticed this the first time I watched it but never really circled back to it.

At 44:32, the female officer (standing outside the vehicle, with the door shut) says that GP is calling her parents.

At 48:54, (about 4 minutes later) the police officer opens the door to the vehicle, and immediately -- without saying "goodbye" or "hold on" or "give me a minute," GP moves the phone from her ear, sets it in her lap, and starts talking to the officers.

At 49:50, when the officer tells her he'll "let you get back to your parents," he then shuts the door before she can pick up the phone again.

Was there anywhere else in the video that actually shows her talking on the phone? Because there's no indication that I saw on the body cam that she actually got a hold of anyone during the stop.

ETA: It was a Thursday afternoon, so maybe her mom was at work/busy and didn't pick up?

(Including screen shots of those seconds when the officer opens the door)
I noticed this immediately as well. And honestly, my very first thoughts were that she had called RL but I also realized that was my own confirmation bias given the way my relationships with girlfriends of my sons often evolve, heck even ex-girlfriends still call or write me about things they would never discuss with their parents.

BUT, after Rose introduced herself publicly through MSM pieces that we can discuss here, I also dug into Rose offline. Worth the effort if only to broaden the scope of possibilities.

She may have called Rose, but she may have called someone else completely that we have no idea about.

I remain unconvinced that she/they were always alone over the course of this trip. We assume they were, but if she was going to meet up with Rose, which has been made public, why can't we wonder if she/they may have also planned to meet up with others?

I know this isn't popular thinking, but I would, selfishly, love to have facts that help rule such a thing out so I could narrow down all of the possibilities running around in my head. MOO!

This could be - at the very least it would explain why we haven't heard who she talked to since we haven't heard anything at all from the Ls! Maybe she had some reason to believe RL would be have better advice in this situation...MOO

You got me thinking... if RL had witnessed episodes or was aware of how BL treated her, I think you could be right. GP could've felt that calling her was the best bet. I am positive that if her own parents knew about how he treated her they would have done everything possible to pull her away from him. GP seems like the type of person that wanted to help BL, and "save" him so to speak. She may have thought she could have helped in the long run. All speculation and MOO.

With all of the special sophisticated technology, skill, professional training, human resources, expertise, and intelligence at their beck, I’m wondering how it is that BL and possibly his parents have managed to evade the FBI for 36 days.

I’m seriously perplexed and can’t make it out.

Scott Peterson had dyed his hair and made all sorts of plans to flee the US — but was apprehended. I could list several more…:confused:

Has anyone interviewed the gators yet? Asked them what they know?

Sorry to be morbid,but would someone in the family have to confirm identity of Gabby's remains? Maybe Jim did that when he was out west? Dear God, I can't even imagine how this is handled in cases like this.

Guys, I'm thinking about this case so often, just like many of you. This is staying in my head and heart just like it did - and still does - with Shanann.
My thoughts only.

I noticed this immediately as well. And honestly, my very first thoughts were that she had called RL but I also realized that was my own confirmation bias given the way my relationships with girlfriends of my sons often evolve, heck even ex-girlfriends still call or write me about things they would never discuss with their parents.

BUT, after Rose introduced herself publicly through MSM pieces that we can discuss here, I also dug into Rose offline. Worth the effort if only to broaden the scope of possibilities.

She may have called Rose, but she may have called someone else completely that we have no idea about.

I remain unconvinced that she/they were always alone over the course of this trip. We assume they were, but if she was going to meet up with Rose, which has been made public, why can't we wonder if she/they may have also planned to meet up with others?

I know this isn't popular thinking, but I would, selfishly, love to have facts that help rule such a thing out so I could narrow down all of the possibilities running around in my head. MOO!

I agree. Just because we know of no other friends who have come forward, doesn't mean they don't exist. We at least know they were friendly enough to strike up a conversation with that guy BL gave the skateboard to, but again - we only know of him because he told his story publicly. JMO

Sorry to be morbid,but would someone in the family have to confirm identity of Gabby's remains? Maybe Jim did that when he was out west? Dear God, I can't even imagine how this is handled in cases like this.

Guys, I'm thinking about this case so often, just like many of you. This is staying in my head and heart just like it did - and still does - with Shanann.
My thoughts only.

It's on the media thread. Stepdad id'ed her (but also visited the spot). He identified her by her favorite sweatshirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela