Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her body was ever in the van, that is.

I think it’s more likely they camped a few days hike away from where the van was parked, then whatever happens, happens, Brian walks to the car park on his own, gets a lift, planning to steal the TikToker’s car, panics, goes back for the van and begins his drive back to FL.

Narrative he was maybe hoping to pull off was “Looks like she parked up and went off on her own hiking for a few days to a place with no service, then got lost and had no water. What a tragic accident”, while he says, “Yeah, we broke up and I made my way back to Florida. I know where her van might be parked, as it’s the last place I saw her when she dumped poor me!!”

“Yosemite” is perhaps a deliberate two-in-one diversion + attempted division of resources?
I doubt he was camping at that time he made it up to cover whatever he was going with the tarp, and it was not sleeping on it. IMO.

Steve Lookner @lookner 7m
Official announcement from the Grand County (Utah) Sheriff: "It has been determined that the Gabby Petito missing person case is not related to the double-homicide case involving Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte." (From the sheriff's Facebook page.)

This just means that her family was looking for her before they decided to go to the police and report her missing, in my opinion.
To me I think dad went there after mom called him to say she was getting no answers and she was concerned-either before or after being denied by LE to submit a police report.

I just don't see her as a 'strong' female at this time in her life. Maybe not even the same girl who started out. There was/is some sort of odd dependency on him and her constant apologies for 'grabbing the wheel' etc... She's a pleaser and if he's a narcissistic type she's programmed to not be able to think without him. This poor girl. His cavalier attitude during the Moab stop is just bizarre.

She didn’t constantly apologize for ‘grabbing the wheel’ at all. She denied doing that and said she was hitting his arm. HE said she grabbed the wheel and that was why he hit the curb.

I disagree about her being programmed and unable to think without him. She’s the one with a goal to monetize her vlog. She had an Etsy business. She was the one putting herself out there in the videos. She was trying to create a website, too. He was jealous of her determination to succeed in life. And IMO a “pleaser” would have buckled when he took the keys. She fought back. Which is probably why he killed her. JMO

If you’re running around barefoot in the back country and you damage a foot, you’re toast. Your feet are your primary survival gear. Their job is to keep or get you out of trouble.

On the AT, in Mass., I came across a boy scout troop where the kids were running around shoeless in the backcountry. The scout “leader” didn’t seem to think that was a problem. 15 kids, one adult. I really yelled at him. I almost left the shelter where they and I had put in for the night, because I was so afraid of being around someone so irresponsible.

I also slept next to a hobo who hiked in bare feet, but that’s not at all the same as white middle class kids traipsing around shoeless in the backcountry. The hobo took care of his feet incidentally, to my fascination…

So yeah, safety tip: you need your feet for survival.
The reason we invented shoes. Some of this earth crap is hokum.

What is a public service incident?

Are you referring to this?

FIRST ON FOX: Gabby Petito’s father was involved in a "public service" incident at her fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home on Sept. 10, nine days after he returned to Florida without her from a cross-country road trip and a day before she was reported missing by her mother, according to heavily redacted police reports.

Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident evening before daughter reported missing

The "No Connection Between the Cases" presser means that either they believe they have solved one or the other cases - or they are talking through their hats.

They may just have video/electronic footage of BL somewhere that isn't at the double-murder homicide. So essentially at least he has an alibi for that crime.

Jackson Wyoming.....It's the town near the south entrance to GTNP. Jackson Hole is the name given to the entire area and valley. Also the ski resort is called Jackson Hole. And Jackson Dam is at the southern end of Jackson Lake. To form Jackson Lake from the Snake River, I'd say. No Jackson Idaho in this mix afaik. JMO

Well, he said he wanted to go to "Jackson" and offered a large sum of money for the ride. We know he didn't mean Jackson, WY because he got out when he understood that's where his ride was headed. Jackson, ID is a 5.5-6 hour drive away which would make the the offer of the 200 bucks sensible. It's also on the Snake River, which he said he'd been following:

jackson idaho to grand teton national park driving at DuckDuckGo

Maybe someone else recalls when that sighting in Idaho was. Perhaps they went to Idaho after leaving Yellowstone. If that's the case (and I'm only speculating), these are long distances.

I agree here too, gut feeling, no facts, BUT SOLELY based on if the TTVid Hitchhike with Baker is TRUE, that this vicinity is the last known area and time that they were together. Note their last separation very well could have been day before 8/28. He may have used 12-24 hours to cover tracks, dispose, travel etc.. back to where he was picked up. BR does not come across to me as that smart at his age but I believe he may have carefully planned/pre-mediatated this beginning around the time they were pulled over by police in Moab. reasons for pre-meditated are unknown, could be numerous and many have been mentioned, pregnancy, etc...

The Moab Altercation was two weeks earlier, and he allegedly flew home to Florida and back in the interim.

Gabby Petito’s father was involved in a "public service" incident at fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home on Sept. 10, nine days after he returned to Florida without her from a cross-country road trip and a day before she was reported missing by her mother, according to heavily redacted police reports.

Nearly everything but the time and address is redacted due to the open investigation – but the documents do link Joseph Petito to a police response to the home his daughter lived in with Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10. They then returned twice on Sept. 11 for follow-up investigations.
Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident evening before daughter reported missing
This may explain why BL's family is not talking. GP's dad probably showed up there and was threatening enough for the cops to get called. I'd assume that BL had no idea that she wasn't contacting her folks. I don't get the sense that he was that close to her parents so he's not going to call them to say they broke up. It could well have been the first time he heard that she may be missing. Sure, I get why GP's dad would be like WTF, you've been here a week and didn't call the cops? His answer would probably have been, "I assumed she was ok. but she wasn't answering my calls. I'd think there would be missed calls from BL on GP's phone if that were the case. But he may also not have called. It may have been a traumatic enough break up that he didn't want to talk to her either. And why would he call her parents to announce that they broke up? Only after being confronted by BL's dad and learned she was missing may be when he lawyered up and clammed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734