Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the HRD dogs didn't get close enough. JMO.
With how far away dogs can smell a dead body, I am doubtful of that scenario you put forth.
Possible but unlikely IMO
It occurs to me that there is a slight possibility that BL sent something to his parents telling them exactly where he would be found, before taking his own life (if he did). Or they found something they missed earlier that gave them that information. It would explain

JMHO.

RSBM
BBM
How would BL have done that without a phone? IF he had a phone LE could easily track any communication with his parents
MOO

Perhaps he didn't see the bag as evidence because he doesn't think there's a crime to solve. He only saw it as a clue that his son may be nearby....and probably at that moment knew for sure his son was dead. Who would think clearly at that moment?

That does make sense but another poster mentioned that LE likely would have instructed them not to touch anything if they find anything. I can kind of see picking it up in shock, but then wouldn’t they (or at least 1 of them) remember not to touch it? Jmo

Where they found a body & gear has been underwater.
Dogs can alert on bodies submerged in water. Also older remains will often float for a period of time. They had the dogs riding around in airboats and drift boats so maybe they just didn't get close enough. That or the remains weren't there the previous time the area was searched.

Wow! If this is BL, he may of just passed? That’s why dogs didn’t smell death?Did his parents know where he was all this time? Wonder if they will find hidden stash of supplies too? MOO

Or... somehow they have been able to be in contact (burner phones), and hadn't heard from him, and THAT'S why they decided to go out and search today. I posted many threads ago, surely lost in a 100 mph blur as the posts sped by, that it seemed odd that today, of all days, they'd decide to go out and look for him... on the day not only was some of his articles found, but also of some remains. That's just... odd timing. On the other hand...I've had the same sort of odd timing loads of times in my life. Not with a deceased person, but just very odd timing with various things. So, maybe they are just very in tune with their son and something prompted them that NOW was the time to go out and look.

Would love more info from the FBI. I wonder when we'll get more info to digest and discuss?

Well it certainly is covered in his parents prints now. If they didn’t touch it, they wouldn’t have been accused of planting it.
Hmmm yeah, no, would they really not have been accused? Maybe they had gloves in their backpack with the gallons of water they were carrying.

Where they found a body & gear has been underwater.

I think they're just now finding him because he's been under water. He was in there for days before he was even reported missing and the area got inundated with rains. I believe that's whey they're saying "what they believe to be human remains" & it's been clarified in many articles that this area was under water until today/yesterday when some of the water receded.

That attorney- quite a piece of work as a human being.Brian Laundrie: Attorney reveals why Laundrie family didn't initially talk to police - CNN Video

Yup. Nothing "fishy" about it really. The parents let LE know it was a popular area for Brian to hike, so then when the H20 receded enough the parents and LE were able to get a better look leading to finding the evidence.

I wonder if coronet can estimate remains time of death? Couldn’t father smell The remains when he found bag?
Hard to say about smell. I think it depends on how long the body has been there and what condition it is in now.
I imagine TOD will be quite rough within weeks I'd guess given that they describe it as "partial remains"

Initially they told LE they thought he was in the Carlton Reserve. jmo

I was going to reply but the Laundries and LEO know the mustang was found at this spot.

Now I'm pondering that SB said he notified the FBI the night BL didn't come home from the hike, meaning the 13th. The Laundries find the car but leave the car on the 15th. Then, says SB, the FBI calls on Friday and "we agree to file a missing person's report".

With all that said the mustang was in the driveway when LEO came on the 17th. It was impounded after the 17th. So LEO a POI whereabouts unknown vehicle was found & moved yet they didn't even come look at it?

Lawyer reports client a person of interest in an active missing person's case whereabouts are unknown. Parents find abandoned car 2 days later, leave car. Return to the car and drive car home on a different day. Days later LEO shows up does a missing person's report. Then a day later impounds the car.
For the end to be the parents go a month later to the very spot the car was left, found, left again, then driven home and find sons body feet of the path from the parking lot.

This case is absolutely shocking. I am blown away.

I wonder if coronet can estimate remains time of death? Couldn’t father smell The remains when he found bag?

BBM I have been trying not to think about this all day, but here we are. I'm no stranger to that smell and have on one occasion torn the kitchen wall out to retrieve a deceased lizard that was haunting our house. So do swamps smell so badly that one wouldn't smell a cadaver? And, what happened to the buzzards so many were sure would be circling? :( MOO

With all the people that have searched that area, I'm surprised that nobody discovered that body or "articles" before.

Something fishy about how this went down IMO
How did ChL know where to go to find that white bag. LE was not with him. I have a feeling the parents knew where to find him, maybe they found him when they went to bring mustang home. MOO

EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Laundrie's parents discovered items possibly belonging to fugitive son
Here's the video (long version):
LE is showing them images on his phone.
im sorry but I think it is cold and wierd that LE tells you that your son may be the remains found: yet no emotion, no tears of anguish no holding each other’s arms, nothing? JMOO

That does make sense but another poster mentioned that LE likely would have instructed them not to touch anything if they find anything. I can kind of see picking it up in shock, but then wouldn’t they (or at least 1 of them) remember not to touch it? Jmo

I really don't think under those circumstances I would remember my own name. But even so...if they were trying to hide something, he wouldn't have brought the bag out for all the world to see. Maybe I'm not very creative, but I can't imagine what investigation they might ruin by touching a bag known to be their son's.

I think said notebook has likely been underwater for over a month.
I googled it.

While water can damage a hard drive's electronics, the data itself is stored magnetically. It will remain there on the platters, which is why professionals can still recover information from a water damaged hard drive.Sep 11, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member