Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time and time again family members seem to get the brunt of people's anger. One wrong word to the media and people are on the attack.

I should be used to it by now, but it still surprises me.

Although in this case I do partly understand the initial anger, the hatred is now on another level and I don't get it. I think maybe it's because some feel justice hasn't been served, as Brian opted to take his own life, so the next best thing is to blame the parents.

Except, they didn't kill Gabby, Brian did that all on his own.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

To lay this to rest... (RBBM)

Rick Stafford, the Petito family’s attorney, said that the records shouldn’t be read to indicate some kind of exchange between Laundrie and Joseph Petito that day. “From what I understand, on September 10 is when Joe Petito called the North Port, [Florida] police department to report his daughter missing,” Mr Stafford told The Independent. “That whole day he was in Vero Beach, which was on the other side of the state. ““He’s never even been to Brian Laundrie’s house, and he’s never been on the block,” Mr Stafford added. “If there is a report, when that report comes out, it’s going to be the missing persons report that was taken over the phone from Joe to the North Port police department.”

Gabby Petito: Family’s lawyer casts doubt on ‘incident’ with father at Laundrie’s home before missing report

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO - Because they immediately contacted their lawyer who told them to shut up - remember the Petito's said they were contacting the police after the Laundrie's did not return phone calls. They thought both of them were missing at that point.

Cold yes. But they took care of themselves.
Maybe the Laundries took offense at GP’s father referring to Brian as “Brianna” throughout Brian’s and Gabby’s relationship. So the L’s may not have been terribly fond of the P’s to begin with. Then, GP’s father (or the Petito family) wrote that letter in which he/they openly accused the Laundries of not having any decency (left).

My guess is that if the Petito’s weren't successful earlier in convincing the Laundries to go against their attorney’s advice, they probably weren’t going to be successful with them later by publicly insulting them. And this all assumes the L’s knew anything.

I can see both sides, though. I don’t think the Petito’s and Laundries’ are guilty of being anything but parents who loved their children. They have both experienced great loss and will grieve for the rest of their lives. All jmo

Last edited:
I just skimmed the report, but I was surprised at that part of it too. Some people who are right hand dominant, do shoot with their left hand, though.
I guess I never thought about it. I am right handed and shoot right handed. My daughter is left handed but does do a lot of things right handed. Just kind of curious I guess. JMO

DocumentCloud

DISTRICT TWELVE MEDICAL EXAMINER

21-02238, Brian Laundrie

Medical Examiner Reports Included in this packet are the following Medical Examiner Reports and Related Documents:

1. Investigator Case Summary (5 pages)
2. Medical Examiner Report of Scene Investigation (4 pages)
3. Medical Examiner Reportof Autopsy (6 pages)
4. Consultation: Reportof Osteological Examination (23 pages)
5. Laboratory Report: DNA Analysis (5 pages)
6. Consultation: Odontologic Forensic Identification Report (2 pages)

Note: Florida Statute 406.135 explicitly prohibits the releaseof autopsy photos by the Medical Examiner as partof routinepublic records requests. Accordingly, the photographs that were partofthe original ReportofOsteological Examination, pages 6-11, have been redacted.

Autopsy Report Reveals Disturbing New Details on Brian Laundrie’s Death

Among Laundrie’s personal effects were a pair of green shorts, two slip-on shoes, a white metal ring, and the rusted handgun. A few feet away, searchers discovered a green backpack, a tent and flares, as well as a piece of paper and a red hat with the logo “Moab Coffee Roasters.” About 150 feet southwest of the area, cops found “a journal along with a wooden box that contained a small notebook and photographs, some of the photos include Brian Laundrie.” Laundrie was in one of the photos, the report states.

So there was a half written note and his journal. The half written note surprises me since you'd think writing in your journal would suffice.

I wonder why there were the 2 scenes? You'd think he'd have left everything where he took his life, not divided between 2 scenes. I wonder what that was about?

And while it's nice to have his autopsy results released I think a lot of us are more interested in what's in his journal and that half written note. At least I am. :)

So there was a half written note and his journal. The half written note surprises me since you'd think writing in your journal would suffice.

I wonder why there were the 2 scenes? You'd think he'd have left everything where he took his life, not divided between 2 scenes. I wonder what that was about?

And while it's nice to have his autopsy results released I think a lot of us are more interested in what's in his journal and that half written note. At least I am. :)

Drafting what he planned to write in his journal first on a piece of paper?

It's not 100% clear to me the "handwritten half note" was written by BL. And how do they know it was a "half note?" They maybe could guess it wasn't a complete note but how could they know it was a half? Why not say a partial note? Or fragment of a note?

I'm not sure why there were two scenes. What was the significance of the dead animal recovered at the scene where his body wasn't? I read quickly...Do we know what kind of animal it was? Might he have hurriedly abandoned that scene and accidentally left stuff behind, maybe in the dark?

After reading about the recovery operation and scene processing, I certainly see why investigators didn't want to come back to the scene when that TikToker claimed to find a water bottle that looked like one seen in a video of the van.
JMO

The murder is something that just their son did. His parents have nothing to do with his crime. People shouldn't harass that elderly couple, they don't deserve the abuse. They have nothing to do with a murder. What's next, blame the next door neighbors? When do we start putting the blame on the perpetrator and stop blaming others for an adult's crime?
What does a children's fight in school have to do with adults?
Edited to move a sentence to make the post better.

I would not describe them as "elderly". JMO

It seems the more information that is released, the more questions I have.

BL packed a tent, his journal, and a box with photos. With animal bones near the second site, I wonder if he was trying to live off the land for a day or two before he shot himself. He seemed to have packed too many things if his goal was to kill himself immediately. On the other hand, he seemed to have made no real effort to get away either.

I suspect the environment was getting stressful at his parents home and he wanted to get away for a few days to clear his head, and eventually realized he had nowhere to go and no options short of decades in prison.

It seems the more information that is released, the more questions I have.

BL packed a tent, his journal, and a box with photos. With animal bones near the second site, I wonder if he was trying to live off the land for a day or two before he shot himself. He seemed to have packed too many things if his goal was to kill himself immediately. On the other hand, he seemed to have made no real effort to get away either.

I suspect the environment was getting stressful at his parents home and he wanted to get away for a few days to clear his head, and eventually realized he had nowhere to go and no options short of decades in prison.
Yeah, I too wondered why animal remains were mentioned in someone's autopsy report. You'd think they'd only do that if they had anything at all to do with the case.

Yeah, I too wondered why animal remains were mentioned in someone's autopsy report. You'd think they'd only do that if they had anything at all to do with the case.
My thoughts are that all bones found were collected for analysis. The report stated there were a couple boar and cow bones. I'm kind of thinking they were brought there by the flooding, or some other unrelated reason.

My thoughts are that all bones found were collected for analysis. The report stated there were a couple boar and cow bones. I'm kind of thinking they were brought there by the flooding, or some other unrelated reason.
I hadn't read that far into the report. I can't imagine him butchering a cow out there for a steak. It still doesn't make sense to me why they included something like boar and cow bones remains in the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState