Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm thinking of too. If he left on Tuesday he could already be back in Wyoming. Either he went back to get rid of any evidence, or maybe he left her injured or she did "disappear" and hes gone back to look for her (my hopeful wish of her being alive still). But his behavior leads me to believe she is long dead. I wish he'd just give it up and tell everyone what they need to know. The parents too. I can't believe they're covering for him.
Not plausible

Gabby Petito missing: Protest erupts at Brian Laundrie's home; fiancé goes missing himself

Law enforcement officials have received hundreds of tips since her disappearance went viral but most have been false leads.

The North Port Police Department released a statement late Friday night expressing frustrations with the case.

“We understand the community’s frustration, we are frustrated too," the agency's statement said. “For six days, the North Port Police Department and the FBI have been pleading with the family to contact investigators regarding Brian’s fiancé Gabby Petito. Friday is the first time they have spoken with investigators in detail.

It is important to note that while Brian is a person of interest in Gabby’s disappearance, he is not wanted for a crime. We are not currently working a crime investigation. We are now working a multiple missing person investigations.

Brought over from the media thread...
BL's leaving the home scares me a bit. Hoping he is okay.
I can see where he just might want to get away from all that for a while. He's got to have a lot on his mind.
Hoping, too, that he will return and help the FBI find Gabby.

"Curiouser and curiouser," cried Alice...
SMH
Hi Borndem, please join us here in the discussion thread. :)

no, not with covid. Many sa and ca countries have literally closed their borders to foreigners, and even to residents unless travelers want to quarantine for 10 days in a hotel with state sponsored health checks every single day. Id like to know which latin american country is easy to get into now? Covid is raging in peru, ecuador, brazil, colombia, argentina, venezuela is a mess. A guy on the lam would have to be very very savvy to cross border in unauthorized spots often dotted with land mines. Documents must be shown to even stay in a hotel or hostal or get on a bus. I dont think you realize how hard it is to move around with vaxx requirements, and required proof of neg pcrs within 3 days of travel.

I lived in Colombia earlier this year. It's super easy to come and go with an American passport. They dropped COVID testing requirements earlier this year. Security there is also super easy- if you saran wrap your bag before checking it, they won't open it. A lot of Colombians saran wrap their bags because security is known to "lose" things of value from bags. There are no health checks, no tracing, nothing...once you're in, it's pretty easy to move around. Also, flights out of MIA are under $200. There are so many places where it's easy to come and go with just a vaccine card and a passport.

If you put the MSM in her media thread I will go back and do the timeline or just tag me tonight if you post news stuff and I will copy tomorrow - thanks
MAR 17
: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL - GP is the owner of the van
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch
==================================
AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple was at the organic store (Moonflower) from 9am to 3pm according to the police video - they were going to get water and showers - police report incident is at 4pm and the video is over an hour long of this incident. BL is taken to a hotel -Where does Gabby go for the night?

AUG 12
: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park - Believe the hike was august 9 and posted on aug 12
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE) - Is this where Gabby stayed in her van/tent?

AUG 13
: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
=============================
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it (this is new information for the timeline)
AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”
AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted Brian and his mother, Roberta, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied The family alerted the National Park Service.
Sept 10-? Discovery of her Van
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement
Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)
Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday

——-
Note:
September 1: POI BL is in Florida (we don't yet know when he left with her van to drive home to his parents house where he remains)

4 songs were added to the playlist "Mtn tops," on an account Gabby Petito appears to share with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie: Many of the songs, collected on an account she appeared to share with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, focus on love and heartache.
"Your woman is your angel, is your left side, is your whole life; easily the most beautiful thing in the world," one song, Matt Berry’s "Woman," begins. "She'll soothe you; she'll accuse you; she'll confuse you; she'll lose you but always be the best friend you have in the world."

Another song, "Take My Hand," is about picking up a stranger at a bar. "The Badger’s Wake" is about a badger decomposing underground.

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Missing woman's haunting songs on Spotify account may provide answers

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*
ETA discovery of the van by Gabbys dad on person is questionable- he may have driven by and called LE (need to research this)
So nobody that we have confirmed has seen either of them in person since August 25.

As far as tracking POIs goes, North Port is easily missed if you blink while driving on the interstate. I doubt they've ever had a case of this magnitude. I'm more surprised that the FBI let him slip.

Quite a day legally speaking. Karma gives us a Durst guilty verdict and takes BL away to parts unknown.

Just wanted to bring this over.from previous thread to address NPPD, which dealt with a very important, high pressure case a little over a decade ago.

In 2008 there was an awful crime in North Port - a young mother was kidnapped from her home while her two little boys were inside -- her father was a detective with a local Sheriff's department.
Very quickly the area was flooded with helicopters and LE from multiple agencies.
She called 911 from the back seat of her abductor's car and a witness called 911 too, as she was driving she heard screaming from another car and thought it might've been a child in distress. At the time she was unaware of the kidnapping ,but the next day when she heard about it she called North Port PD to follow up- they hadn't received her 911 call /tip. It was mishandled in the 911 dispatch center. two days after the abduction she was found murdered.

Granted she was missing for two days from abduction to being found and everything that happened was very local as opposed to Gabby's case but this was a huge case for NPPD. It was incredibly personal and emotional as she was a fellow law enforcement's child.

A question.

When is the last documented sighting of BL?

Not the statements of his family or lawyers. Where is the last place he was absolutely known to be seen?

A comment.

BL looks to me like a million guys of his age. If I saw him on the street I wouldn't recognize him because I see men of his age that look like him all the time. He doesn't have any distinguishing features as far as I can tell, and if he were wearing a mask because covid, well, unlikely to recognize goes to impossible to recognize.

For these reasons, I think he could hide in plain sight for a long time.

Brian Laundrie was controlling, had 'episodes': Gabby Petito pal (nypost.com)
[...]

She said the two friends would share locations on their iPhones to keep each other safe “in case we got lost,” but Laundrie made Petito stop sharing once he found out.

“He had this composure as a sweet, nice, caring guy. But you could tell he’s a little off, a little weird. Like, he’d set up our hammocks when we’d go to the beach, but wouldn’t sit with us, which I found bizarre,” she told the Daily Mail.

“Brian has a jealousy issue,” Rose said. “I’m her only friend in Florida to my knowledge and that’s not because she can’t make friends, he just didn’t want her to have friends.”

“He was always worried she was going to leave him,” she said. “It was a constant thing to try to get us to stop hanging out.”

[...]

She said that the couple never fought in front of her, however she believed that she could tell when they had just had an argument. She said that within the first year of knowing her, Petito spent between seven and 10 nights at her house after they had fought.

“I do believe that their relationship as they kept going on was getting more problematic. It just seemed like there was more and more arguments,” she told the Daily Mail, adding that they had still planned on getting married despite Petito telling her mother it was called off.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member