Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only person who doubts the date BL disappeared? We know NPPD never laid eyes on him on September 11 because his parents met them at the door with a note to contact their attorney. Then there was the "confusion" over the "last date" the parents saw BL. I've wondered all along if he took off on the 10th or 11th. We know it was getting mighty warm for BL and family and by the 11th it was starting to boil. So why would he wait until the 13th to take off?

Lol. Bizarre, no? But, if that’s actually what he did, fact is it was effective.
I agree. No one needs to be a criminal mastermind these days to figure out how to evade authorizes or, at the very least, create a diversion. A car would do this, especially if his parents confirmed it.
Am I the only person who doubts the date BL disappeared? We know NPPD never laid eyes on him on September 11 because his parents met them at the door with a note to contact their attorney. Then there was the "confusion" over the "last date" the parents saw BL. I've wondered all along if he took off on the 10th or 11th. We know it was getting mighty warm for BL and family and by the 11th it was starting to boil. So why would he wait until the 13th to take off?
I’m having the same suspicion about this, but it may be months or years before we ever know what truly happened, if at all.

<RSBM>
But I just don’t get the teasing previously, calling Brian ‘Brianna.’ That’s just nasty. I don’t know why I care, I just do.
Rest In Peace, Gabby.

Unfortunately, parts of society still believe it is okay to equate 'being a girl' as a weakness, and thereby toss these kinds of words around as a mild put down - or in this case as a way of putting all the boyfriends 'in their place', in a jokey way. imo

Lighthearted to some, and perhaps hurtful to the recipients.

The fact that BL stole over $1,000 from Gabby during his run from Wyoming to Florida makes me believe he was trying to form a plan of escape or evasion. He had no need of that much money for gas or transportation just to get home to Florida. It sounds to me as though he was planning on surviving the best he could and he knew he would need money to do that.
So, I think that at the time he took the money, he was not thinking of suicide. He very well may have reconsidered his position once the repercussions of his actions became reality with all of the parents' efforts at contact and then LE started knocking at the door. But during his run home, I don't think that was his intent.
I do pause here, though, because we really have no idea if he withdrew money with her credit card account(s) or if he actually charged items against it, do we? But in either case, it indicates to me that he was trying to form some plan at survival at this point ~ typical of the 'survivalist' image he had of himself. Still slowly MOOing along.

Well, the nearest place they could drive to in order to do that, would be Texas. Were they gone long enough to account for driving to Texas and back?
John Walsh obviously has more experience and knowledge in this department than I do, but I can't help but think back to the Casey Anthony case or Scott Peterson. Both disposed of (or allegedly in Casey's case) the body in places familiar to them ie. a favourite fishing spot or her own neighborhood.
I know we're not talking about BL disposing of remains, but to be on the run, one would think that a familiar place to the person has to be preferable compared to an unknown like Mexico, etc. IMO.

Unfortunately, parts of society still believe it is okay to equate 'being a girl' as a weakness, and thereby toss these kinds of words around as a mild put down - or in this case as a way of putting all the boyfriends 'in their place', in a jokey way. imo

Lighthearted to some, and perhaps hurtful to the recipients.
Actually discussed this at a group dinner to see if my thoughts were wacky. There was unanimous agreement that in our teens/twenties if a dates dad said anything like that to us - no matter how sharp, popular, wealthy, or hot she was - the date would end there. Gone. See ya.

3 sharing the driving on way out, two on way back...
Manageable at a stretch, or not?

Easy with two people. I've done it before with one driver. It's a long haul but facing prison time, I think BL would be motivated to haul arse out of dodge.
That's El Paso, there are closer border crossing points to Florida. So 20 hours.

No. Plenty of us believe that BL was gone, on the run, before Gabby’s parents even realized she was missing. Why would he and his parents wait until the police came looking for her to get him out of town, when they had no idea when she’d be located. She could have been found any minute, so of course he was long gone by then.

John Walsh obviously has more experience and knowledge in this department than I do, but I can't help but think back to the Casey Anthony case or Scott Peterson. Both disposed of (or allegedly in Casey's case) the body in places familiar to them ie. a favourite fishing spot or her own neighborhood.
I know we're not talking about BL disposing of remains, but to be on the run, one would think that a familiar place to the person has to be preferable compared to an unknown like Mexico, etc. IMO.

Do we know if he's never been before? The family may have property or family friends in Mexico or over countries, for all we know!

Easy with two people. I've done it before with one driver. It's a long haul but facing prison time, I think BL would be motivated to haul arse out of dodge.
That's El Paso, there are closer border crossing points to Florida. So 20 hours.
Weekend 8-10?

Actually discussed this at a group dinner to see if my thoughts were wacky. There was unanimous agreement that in our teens/twenties if a dates dad said anything like that to us - no matter how sharp, popular, wealthy, or hot she was - the date would end there. Gone. See ya.
So why do you think BL still hung onto Gabby?

SUPER UNPOPULAR opinion: I'd like for him to move elsewhere for reporting on this story. I'm tired of that camper-thang background but I also think reporting on lawn mowing and package delivery has just run its course.
It is actually a link to the TV show where the former FBI agent also had interesting things to say.
Also, one neve knows in advance which day he will come waddling up... he probably still has a key for the Mustang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami