Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a Bible verse, I think in the Book of Proverbs, that says:

“Hope deferred makes the heart sick.”

I feel the same as you do, every day when I wake up and check the news, I’m crushed that he hasn’t been found. Dead or alive.

For some reason this case really has gotten to me. The one killer that had more of an impact on me was the Son of Sam serial killer. He was in my neighborhood, killing girls like me. I was 20 then, long brown hair and did kiss my fiancé in the car at night, which was his primary target. The last girl he killed was an acquaintance of mine.

This case had nothing to do with my neck of the woods and I’m not in peril from Brian. I guess just being a mother and grandmother, all missing children and adult children cause me pain, but this causes such frustration. Especially because of Brian’s actions and then his disappearance.
You gave me goosebumps…

Actually discussed this at a group dinner to see if my thoughts were wacky. There was unanimous agreement that in our teens/twenties if a dates dad said anything like that to us - no matter how sharp, popular, wealthy, or hot she was - the date would end there. Gone. See ya.
IMO I wouldn’t stop dating someone based on what a parent said to me. If my date said it, that’d be another story.

They do look prehistoric, I’m sure they are descended from a prehistoric creature. I should maybe ask @10ofRods ? All I know is they give me the heebie jeebies, lol.

I think they haven't changed much since prehistoric times - like horseshoe crabs.

So well-adapted to their environment, no need to change. Something to think about, for sure. The alligators, that is.

Such nice big smiles, they have.

Am I the only person who doubts the date BL disappeared? We know NPPD never laid eyes on him on September 11 because his parents met them at the door with a note to contact their attorney. Then there was the "confusion" over the "last date" the parents saw BL. I've wondered all along if he took off on the 10th or 11th. We know it was getting mighty warm for BL and family and by the 11th it was starting to boil. So why would he wait until the 13th to take off?

For certain? We do not know. You are correct. When was the last day that BL was seen by anyone other than his parents? Neighbors not certain of dates. But one reports he saw him help pack the camper Sister says she saw him at the DeSoto campsite. People at next campsite there have him in one of their photos, or so we think.
But LE appears to believe the Laundries’ story. They have investigated what they can and feel that it is true. They certainly have invested a lot of resources on what they’ve said.

Am I the only person who doubts the date BL disappeared? We know NPPD never laid eyes on him on September 11 because his parents met them at the door with a note to contact their attorney. Then there was the "confusion" over the "last date" the parents saw BL. I've wondered all along if he took off on the 10th or 11th. We know it was getting mighty warm for BL and family and by the 11th it was starting to boil. So why would he wait until the 13th to take off?

I don’t think you’re alone in your thinking. My bets are on either Sept. 6th timeframe while the “fam” was camping, or on the 10th when the calls started coming in.

I have been wondering for a while if it is possible someone else left a car for Brian where the Mustang had been parked. If they did he could have easily been long gone and who knows where he could be by now. I don't know who's car he might have used but it is possible he drove the Mustang to the Preserve and took off in another car already stocked with supplies..
MOO

So why do you think BL still hung onto Gabby?
Well. You’re kinda baiting me into stating my opinion that I suspect will not be popular here and ravaged mercilessly. But, since you asked, here goes…. I think - my opinion - if the mocking was (as suggested) commonplace and consistent across all suitors, Petito *may* have found a challenge to retain any boyfriends that had other dating options. Clearly, in my opinion, Laundrie seems to have been dating “up”. He *may* have been willing to suffer the abuse to retain a relationship he otherwise wouldn’t attain if the girl had those other options. That a speculative opinion. I shall now put the figurative bullet and flaming arrow proof glass up.

MOO We have been assuming for the most part that GP was killed some time on the 27th after the merry piglet incident. I’m struggling with what BL did for 2 days before heading to Fl except try to make a few alibis.

Could it be possible that they had a big fight after merry piglets and he decided to teach her a lesson or create some space or make her calm down by taking her keys and phone and leaving her alone in the van while he went off on his own to hike for 2 days? That would explain the hitchhiking and why she’d stay with the van and not take off. Perhaps she slept in the van, she wouldn’t have been able to call or text her mom if he took her phone.

Then he came back on the 29th they made up, found a place to camp together for the night near a fire ring and then something got him mad again and he killed her there. So sometime night of the 29th or early morning the 30th. He panics, jumps in the van and heads for FL.

All conjecture and my own thoughts, would that make any sense?

Also, would her older used van have a navigation system or would he have had to use maps on a cell phone to find his way back to Fl?

I don’t think you’re alone in your thinking. My bets are on either Sept. 6th timeframe while the “fam” was camping, or on the 10th when the calls started coming in.

What if while the mom, RL, and CL were camping. CL and Bl took another car and drove to the border? And returned to the campsite or directly to their house? Dog probably would have mentioned it though.

In my limited experience, (Tijuana, Mexicali) people in Mexican border towns who deal with tourists speak English as good or better than I do. JMHO.

Just past the border towns they do not, from my experience. I spent some time in Mexico outside of border towns and cities and was a little bit surprised how many people did not speak any English at all. If BL is there he needs Spanish, unless he's hiding in an expat community, which would be very stupid of him IMO. If he went a little bit south of Cancun he could be in the English speaking country of Belize. I can think of a couple of towns there where he could hide out if he wanted to, and get around pretty easily, and it would be pretty inexpensive. But, he's probably in the US living somewhere like a cabin that his parents bought and told no one about.
IMO

MOO We have been assuming for the most part the GP was killed some time on the 27th after the merry piglet incident. I’m struggling with what BL did for 2 days before heading to Fl except try to make a few alibis.

Could it be possible that they had a big fight after merry piglets and he decided to teach her a lesson or create some space or make her calm down by taking her keys and phone and leaving her alone in the van while he went off on his own to hike for 2 days? That would explain the hitchhiking and why she’d stay with the van and not take off. Perhaps she slept in the van, she wouldn’t have been able to call or text her mom if he took her phone.

Then he came back on the 29th they made up, found a place to camp together for the night near a fire ring and then something got him mad again and he killed her there. Do sometime night of the 29th or early morning the 30th. He panics, jumps in the van and heads for FL.

All conjecture and my own thoughts would that make any sense?

Also, would her older used van have a navigation system or would he have had to use maps on a cell phone to find his way back to Fl?
Quite possible.
Not sure what tech was in that van but suspect he used his own phone to get home, I forget what day hers went out of action, it's here somewhere. Nor do I know what happened to his original phone once he got home or near it.

Regarding Mexico: If the FBI thinks there is a chance BL is in Mexico perhaps they will delay charging him with murder. If the death penalty is a possibility Mexico will not extradite him.
P.S. I have lived in Mexico several times. Outside of tourist areas I stuck out like a sore thumb and attracted a lot of curious attention. Lots of Mexicans approached me, wanting to practice their English with me. BL would have a heavy American accent like me.

About the death penalty and other countries - that is a very good point!
That would explain a lot about the current charges, IMO.

You know what I find really weird about Brian's departure? He took a car. Why didn't he just walk? If I didn't want to be located, I would leave via the backyard, not move a car out from the front driveway.

I'm nowhere near accusing him of being the smartest criminal ever, but his fugitive life began with him backing a car out of the Laundrie's driveway two days after Gabby was reported missing and about the same time his face (and Gabby's) was on the MSNBC home page.

That’s exactly why I don’t think BL left home in the Mustang on the 13th, after Gabby had been declared missing. I think he left before, either from the family camping trip or possibly by sneaking out at night before anyone had him on their radar. JMHO …

I have been wondering for a while if it is possible someone else left a car for Brian where the Mustang had been parked. If they did he could have easily been long gone and who knows where he could be by now. I don't know who's car he might have used but it is possible he drove the Mustang to the Preserve and took off in another car already stocked with supplies..
MOO
My thought was he picked up a ride with someone at the Reserve.

Investigators add cadaver dog to ongoing search for Brian Laundrie in Florida's vast Carlton Reserve

Oct 14
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office, located about an hour and a half from the reserve, told NBC affiliate New York 4 that investigators requested a human remains detection dog. A spokeswoman for the office told the outlet that the request for the dog was made by both the FBI and the local North Port police department.
They appear to be looking for BL’s remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay