Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I know, thanks, if you go back a few posts you will see where I gave coords to a street view of where they are parked. I am just still trying to figure out where they got the creek names wrong. Add that to the "myth" thread I guess.... Or maybe we should change the title to "what msm got wrong"....

ETA- looking for a screen shot of the creek name...

Well that is originally where I thought, but the media had me on a goose chase. That is near where they found the leg and the bone.

Okay in that area right there, there is a small bridge. Across the bridge it leads to a black water pond that is next to a baseball diamond. I was looking at the map there last night.

I know, thanks, if you go back a few posts you will see where I gave coords to a street view of where they are parked. I am just still trying to figure out where they got the creek names wrong. Add that to the "myth" thread I guess.... Or maybe we should change the title to "what msm got wrong"....

Well WSOC reported Indian Grave Road as Indian Grove Road - probably someone sitting back at the office being told to look it up and just getting it wrong.

I believe it is maybe Morris Creek - at least a topo says it is. May not be what the locals call it though.

Search teams are combing a new site in Caldwell County on Wednesday for evidence related to the investigation of Zahra Baker, the missing 10-year-old girl.

Crews began searching at an area near Dudley Shoals Drive and Burns Road in Caldwell County at 8:15 a.m. on Wednesday. Officials said the area, which has been searched before, was one of the locations that Elisa Baker suggested search crews look.

The search on Wednesday has taken on a serious tone with a no-fly zone set up -- meaning news helicopters are not allowed over the area. Also, earlier Wednesday search crews went in with dry suits, and then went in to search a body of water.

According to WBTV reporter Steve Ohnesorge, police are extremely tight-lipped about what is happening and they seem more intense as the search goes on.

Ohnesorge said that every officer he tried to talk to seems "frantic" and said "I can't say anything."

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

The creeks, lakes, rivers etc here all flow into one another and "merge". I have lived her most of my life and still don't know the names. FWIW.

Okay, I'm still looking at Adrian Triplett Rd. and vicinity. I see Lovely Lady Church (or whatever), but I don't see Burns rd. Am I not in the right area?

I think I did this right?

Attachments

• 2010-11-10_135159.jpg
    2010-11-10_135159.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 2010-11-10_140017.jpg
    2010-11-10_140017.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 31
There is a "Billings Sawmill" 498 Barrett Mtn. Rd,Taylorsville, NC - some 12 miles to the east of Dudley Shoals & Burns Rds, Granite Falls, NC
FAA Tower located on Barretts Mtn. They are probably enforcing a no fly zone. I can usually see the FAA tower from my house after the leaves fall off. :crazy:

Okay, I'm still looking at Adrian Triplett Rd. and vicinity. I see Lovely Lady Church (or whatever), but I don't see Burns rd. Am I not in the right area?

No it's back over near Burn's road on Dudley Shoals.

Here come the tears again.

This creek on Dudley Shoals and Burns was the same creek they began intially searching at the beginning of this case! Remember they were searching the "waterfalls" for hours? This is the same location behind the yarn factory.

Also, it is close to the Knollwood MHP some of us kept mentioning, which I still feel holds some significance. JMO.

Search teams are combing a new site in Caldwell County on Wednesday for evidence related to the investigation of Zahra Baker, the missing 10-year-old girl.

Crews began searching at an area near Dudley Shoals Drive and Burns Road in Caldwell County at 8:15 a.m. on Wednesday. Officials said the area, which has been searched before, was one of the locations that Elisa Baker suggested search crews look.

The search on Wednesday has taken on a serious tone with a no-fly zone set up -- meaning news helicopters are not allowed over the area. Also, earlier Wednesday search crews went in with dry suits, and then went in to search a body of water.

According to WBTV reporter Steve Ohnesorge, police are extremely tight-lipped about what is happening and they seem more intense as the search goes on.

Ohnesorge said that every officer he tried to talk to seems "frantic" and said "I can't say anything."

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

This must have happened since 1230 ET because when I was there ther was helicopteres. They have been flying all morning. Just to give an update. the news crews were in back of the church parking lot up above the cemetary of Dudley Shoals Baptist Church. WSOC channel 9 and WBTV channel 3 out of Charlotte NC were the only other vehicles other than LE. Thats why I chose not to stop here and take photos.

This must have happened since 1230 ET because when I was there ther was helicopteres. They have been flying all morning. Just to give an update. the news crews were in back of the church parking lot up above the cemetary of Dudley Shoals Baptist Church. WSOC channel 9 and WBTV channel 3 out of Charlotte NC were the only other vehicles other than LE. Thats why I chose not to stop here and take photos.
Rad was tweeting ((and it was reported)) that it was shortly after 1230pm your time... you must have just made it out of there

No it's back over near Burn's road on Dudley Shoals. Near where they found her little prosthetic leg and the bone.

I know, it is hard. Hang in there.

Just to clarify though, the bone and prosthetic were found off of Christie Road which is several miles away. So while it's the same general area it's not real near.

No it's back over near Burn's road on Dudley Shoals. Near where they found her little prosthetic leg and the bone.

For clarity correcting your info - the bone and prosthetic were found at Christy near Ekart. The search today is at Burns and Dudley Shoals. It has been searched before but nothing was found that we know off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member