Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's back over near Burn's road on Dudley Shoals. Near where they found her little prosthetic leg and the bone.

Here come the tears again.

No, the bone and prosthetic were found off Ekard Pl (right off of Christie).

If the base operations are at Lovely Lady Church, this Christie Rd. area doesn't make sense. Lovely Lady Church is near Dudley Shoals and Adrian Triplett Rd.

I'm seriously confused.

According to WBTV reporter Steve Ohnesorge, police are extremely tight-lipped about what is happening and they seem more intense as the search goes on. The media is being kept back further than ever -- and security for the search area is tighter than it ever has been.

Includes video "Search crews in water on Wednesday":
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

This must have happened since 1230 ET because when I was there ther was helicopteres. They have been flying all morning. Just to give an update. the news crews were in back of the church parking lot up above the cemetary of Dudley Shoals Baptist Church. WSOC channel 9 and WBTV channel 3 out of Charlotte NC were the only other vehicles other than LE. Thats why I chose not to stop here and take photos.

The choppers have to stay above 3000 feet, if I understand correctly. So they might still be in the area but either on the periphery or above the no-fly altitude.

Thanks for your firsthand reporting, shay! :)

I corrected it. I'm getting so confused with this goose chase today.

I was looking at that area last night. Look to the left of the baseball diamond on Dudley Shoals and Charlie Little. There is a black water swamp. Right between the creek and the swamp there is a dirt path that comes right off of Dudley shoals. Across from it, an old road has red dirt that is blocking the entrance.

Wednesday morning, investigators returned to an area along Dudley Shoals Road to search for evidence connected to the homicide of Zahra Clare Baker. This time, in addition to searching along the banks of Gunpowder Creek, they also looked in the water itself.

Several Caldwell County agencies gathered at the Hudson Fire and Rescue station at 7 a.m. Wednesday before heading out to Dudley Shoals Road near Burns Road to search for evidence, beginning at the Dudley Shoals bridge and spanning out in a half mile in each direction, said Tommy Courtner, Caldwell County EMS director.

“We’ve brought trained staff out to locate evidence with this case,” Courtner said. “The water team searched the banks and stream. We also brought mower devices to trim brush.”

The water team, dressed in personal flotation devices and helmets, waded through the water, which ranged from six inches to five feet in depth, searching with oars for evidence.

A BOB-CAT with a mower attached to the end rather than a bucket, was used to trim 18 inches of underbrush from the ground surrounding the higher-up banks.

more at this link ((does what I put in red help the map peeps?))
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...rs-search-water-land-dudley-shoals-ar-526642/

The choppers have to stay above 3000 feet, if I understand correctly. So they might still be in the area but either on the periphery or above the no-fly altitude.

Thanks for your firsthand reporting, shay! :)

Yes, below 3000ft and within a 3 mile radius is the restriction

"TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT WITHIN A 3 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 355152N/0812211W OR THE BARRETTS MOUNTAIN /BZM/ VOR/DME 274 DEGREE RADIAL AT 6.3 NAUTICAL MILES AT AND BELOW 3000 FEET MSL TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR SEARCH AND RESCUE."

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/notam_actual_0_6670.html

DMBKelly, thank you for the FAA info....and bdp, thanks for those great maps! Welcome to both of you, glad you joined us! :)

No, the bone and prosthetic were found off Ekard Pl (right off of Christie).

If the base operations are at Lovely Lady Church, this Christie Rd. area doesn't make sense. Lovely Lady Church is near Dudley Shoals and Adrian Triplett Rd.

I'm seriously confused.
One reporter said they were at the Baptist church in Lovelylady. That is wrong. I think the reporters are not sure exactly where they are. I think they keep being moved. Just as they said it was gunpowder creek and it is not.

They are at Dudley Shoals and Burns. Follow Dudley Shoals up where it turns into Fowler and keep going until it turns into Dudley Shoals again.

According to WBTV reporter Steve Ohnesorge, police are extremely tight-lipped about what is happening and they seem more intense as the search goes on. The media is being kept back further than ever -- and security for the search area is tighter than it ever has been.

Includes video "Search crews in water on Wednesday":
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

Looking at this video, I don't see how they can find anything. So depressing. What aren't they using dogs?

Didn't EB have a prior residence on Burns Road? I'm trying to go back over everything, but I could have sworn she lived somewhere near Ebeneezer Church Road, right near this location?

OK, and what is with these roads? How do they go from one name change to another go back to original name and then oh, for the fun of it sometimes turn into a third name!?!?!?!

FAA website has the flight restriction location as: "HICKORY, North Carolina near BARRETTS MOUNTAIN"

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_0_6670.html

This page lists specific coordinates.

Airspace Definition:
Center: On the BARRETTS MOUNTAIN VOR/DME (BZM) 274 degree radial at 6.3 nautical miles. (Latitude: 35º51'52"N, Longitude: 81º22'11"W)
Radius: 3 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to and including 3000 feet MSL

If you put those coordinates into Google Maps, you get this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=35%C2%BA51'52%22N,+81%C2%BA22'11%22W&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.915634,56.25&ie=UTF8&ll=35.864422,-81.369703&spn=0.002308,0.003433&t=h&z=18

OK, and what is with these roads? How do they go from one name change to another go back to original name and then oh, for the fun of it sometimes turn into a third name!?!?!?!

Welcome to Western NC! LOL

DMBKelly, thank you for the FAA info....and bdp, thanks for those great maps! Welcome to both of you, glad you joined us! :)

Thank you, I see you're in NC as well! This case has absolutely consumed me and it is time to put this sweet baby girl to rest. Bless her. :rose:

Isn't it strange that there is a Barretts Mountain AND a Indian Grave Road AND a Gunpowder Creek all in Queensland, AUS????
ShockedMonkey.jpg

Yes, below 3000ft and within a 3 mile radius is the restriction

"TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT WITHIN A 3 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 355152N/0812211W OR THE BARRETTS MOUNTAIN /BZM/ VOR/DME 274 DEGREE RADIAL AT 6.3 NAUTICAL MILES AT AND BELOW 3000 FEET MSL TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR SEARCH AND RESCUE."

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/notam_actual_0_6670.html

Ok just spoke to a relative who says they may be giving directions from Barretts Mt because this is probably where the nearest FAA control tower is located. He hasn't heard of any searches in Alexander County or any traffic control issues etc...so just wanted to add that as well. Just have seen 2 helicopters in the last 20 min within 5 miles of the site that were NOT following these restrictions....not sure what this may mean. Hear one right now but do not see it. If I can see it, tell the color from the ground would this be below 3000 ft? i dont have a clue...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717