Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmation of the presence of a Medical Examiner from Chapel Hill is included with the search team:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...ors-comb-water-woods-dudley-shoals-ar-526669/

“We have a medical examiner from Chapel Hill on the scene,” Courtner said. “We’re looking for bags, boxes, bones, anything that can help us.”
Caldwell County Emergency Services agencies have participated in four days worth of searches — two days at Christie Road last week, a search at Indian Grave Road in the Patterson community north of Lenoir on Tuesday and the search off Dudley Shoals Road on Wednesday. Red Cross has provided assistance, including food, so they can remain at the sites longer.

Investigators searched this area on Oct. 25 in connection to Zahra’s disappearance, and have returned to it at least once since then.

Yea, if you can see the color they are toooooo close! 3000 ft is just over a 1/2 mile if that helps. I like to use football fields for perspective. They are 100 yards. So that is 300 ft. So if you put 10 fields together end to end that would be 3000 ft. Now you can figure out if you could see 10 fields away in the air.

ETA, maybe you have better eyes than me though!

This creek on Dudley Shoals and Burns was the same creek they began intially searching at the beginning of this case! Remember they were searching the "waterfalls" for hours? This is the same location behind the yarn factory.

Also, it is close to the Knollwood MHP some of us kept mentioning, which I still feel holds some significance. JMO.

Bumping Juno's post as this info is correct. This is also the area they took Elisa but she never got out of the vehicle.

Confirmation of the presence of a Medical Examiner from Chapel Hill is included with the search team:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...ors-comb-water-woods-dudley-shoals-ar-526669/

“We have a medical examiner from Chapel Hill on the scene,” Courtner said. “We’re looking for bags, boxes, bones, anything that can help us.”
Caldwell County Emergency Services agencies have participated in four days worth of searches — two days at Christie Road last week, a search at Indian Grave Road in the Patterson community north of Lenoir on Tuesday and the search off Dudley Shoals Road on Wednesday. Red Cross has provided assistance, including food, so they can remain at the sites longer.

Investigators searched this area on Oct. 25 in connection to Zahra’s disappearance, and have returned to it at least once since then.

Hmm...so do we assume that the ME has been along on several of the searches, just in case?

The article makes it sound like the ME was there prior to them even starting to search? Interesting.

Oh dear!!!!

Do we know if an ME has been on scene in all of the searching? Sorry if already known...

Hmm...so do we assume that the ME has been along on several of the searches, just in case?

The article makes it sound like the ME was there prior to them even starting to search? Interesting.

I dunno but it could be possible and may have been the reason they believed the bone found on Christie Road was human and may be related (child's bone? - ME would probably know I suspect).

Do we know if an ME has been on scene in all of the searching? Sorry if already known...

It might be new since they found the last bone at the search last week. It sounds like they are coming across a lot of animal bones and having an ME standing by would be a time saver as they can rule out what may or may not be worth taking a further look at pretty quickly.

This page lists specific coordinates.

Airspace Definition:
Center: On the BARRETTS MOUNTAIN VOR/DME (BZM) 274 degree radial at 6.3 nautical miles. (Latitude: 35º51'52"N, Longitude: 81º22'11"W)
Radius: 3 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to and including 3000 feet MSL

If you put those coordinates into Google Maps, you get this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=35%C2%BA51'52%22N,+81%C2%BA22'11%22W&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.915634,56.25&ie=UTF8&ll=35.864422,-81.369703&spn=0.002308,0.003433&t=h&z=18

ty Salverenga!

That makes the most likely staging area the Dudley Shoals Baptist Church IMO. Bad reporting once more? Or subterfuge by LE to keep reporters out of their hair? Hazard a guess anyone?

Zahra's birthday? Happy Birthday in the Astral Heavens, Sweet Zahra!

Well, I'm not POSITIVE her birthday is today...but it's close enough for me to consider it a birthday gift to find her TODAY. :)

Hope they get down to where the river makes a big turn (look by the black pond). That area has bothered me for weeks now and has a pushpin on my map from back in October!

agreed! that pond has been looking up at me since the last search along Dudley

praying that searchers are successful today. Thanks to them for their tireless efforts. I know they must be exhausted and disheartened by now but they are so appreciated.

agreed! that pond has been looking up at me since the last search along Dudley

Yea, I have that marked, but I am more focused on the creek where it takes the big sweeping turn. That's where stuff would likely get caught up imo.

Holy cow...looks like that creek goes on forever. In both directions. :(

Yea, I have that marked, but I am more focused on the creek where it takes the big sweeping turn. That's where stuff would likely get caught up imo.

the spot where it takes the big turn and almost doubles back upon itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns