GUILTY IL - Lauren Lofquist, 8, murdered, Clarendon Hills, 26 March 2006

http://movingoutmovingon.bloghi.com/2006/03/27/a-reminder-to-all-of-us-life-is-so-very-precious.html

A Reminder To All Of Us Life Is So Very Precious
Tags: violence
@ 01:52 AM (3 days, 17 hours, 14 minutes ago)
Yesterday, a beautiful 8 year old child was murdered. Had it been a slow news day across the country, you probably would have read about it or seen it on a national media network. Explaining how a man, who was her father murdered this precious gift of life. Who knows, perhaps Lauren would have grown up to be a doctor or maybe a scientist discovering a cure for a fatal disease, we will never know. And although she didn't receive national attention for being killed by her father, her death should have more importance to each of us as parents, grandparents, neighbors and teachers. This could have been your neighbor next door. A quiet family, that no one really knew. A neighbor who played with your kids or sat next to them in school. This is just a reminder to all of us that life is precious. We can't predict if we will see the sunrise the next morning. So in memory of Lauren lets all remember to give our kids a great big kiss and tell them how important they are each and every day.

maiseyjane said:
ttp://movingoutmovingon.bloghi.com/2006/03/27/a-reminder-to-all-of-us-life-is-so-very-precious.html

A Reminder To All Of Us Life Is So Very Precious
Tags: violence
@ 01:52 AM (3 days, 17 hours, 14 minutes ago)
Yesterday, a beautiful 8 year old child was murdered. Had it been a slow news day across the country, you probably would have read about it or seen it on a national media network. Explaining how a man, who was her father murdered this precious gift of life. Who knows, perhaps Lauren would have grown up to be a doctor or maybe a scientist discovering a cure for a fatal disease, we will never know. And although she didn't receive national attention for being killed by her father, her death should have more importance to each of us as parents, grandparents, neighbors and teachers. This could have been your neighbor next door. A quiet family, that no one really knew. A neighbor who played with your kids or sat next to them in school. This is just a reminder to all of us that life is precious. We can't predict if we will see the sunrise the next morning. So in memory of Lauren lets all remember to give our kids a great big kiss and tell them how important they are each and every day.

Amen!!!!!

mysteriew said:
According to the articles, some of the neighbors have stated he had been acting rather erratically in the last few weeks.
So are we supposed to believe that psychosis is on the rise in general; that families are killing each other because everybody is nuts??????:banghead:

Goody said:
So are we supposed to believe that psychosis is on the rise in general; that families are killing each other because everybody is nuts??????:banghead:

I actually believe psychosis is rising but unreported by families. Some don't want to deal with it as in denial. The other factor is dysfunctional families where all the psychosis or behavior is present but it appears as normal interaction to them.

concernedperson said:
I actually believe psychosis is rising but unreported by families. Some don't want to deal with it as in denial. The other factor is dysfunctional families where all the psychosis or behavior is present but it appears as normal interaction to them.
And politicians have made it almost impossible to get someone treated unless they do kill someone. How many psychotics are going to agree to treatment?

maiseyjane said:
Yes, rumor around here is that the other charges will most likely have something to do with sexual assault.

I was afraid of that. I hope it is just a rumor. She suffered enough just being killed by her own father.

There's no negotiating this in my world. DEATH PENALTY PERIOD. TIME TO KILL ALL PEDOPHILES AND CHILD KILLERS. THERE IS NO USE FOR THOSE SLUGS IN THIS WORLD AND IT IS PROVEN THEY WILL REOFFEND.

ZAP THE PIECE OF SEWAGE.

blueclouds said:
There's no negotiating this in my world. DEATH PENALTY PERIOD. TIME TO KILL ALL PEDOPHILES AND CHILD KILLERS. THERE IS NO USE FOR THOSE SLUGS IN THIS WORLD AND IT IS PROVEN THEY WILL REOFFEND.

ZAP THE PIECE OF SEWAGE.
Blueclouds, I saw a pic you have of Lauren under your siggy that says her father raped and killed her. Has the rape been confirmed?

peach_rose.gif

maiseyjane said:
I don't think the rape has been confirmed, but it has not been ruled out as of yet either.
I corrected my signature for the time being. Thank you above for bringing it up. I'm going to put my house on the block if sexual abuse wasn't a motive or part of all of this.

blueclouds said:
I corrected my signature for the time being. Thank you above for bringing it up. I'm going to put my house on the block if sexual abuse wasn't a motive or part of all of this.
It sounds to me like the father abused his daughter, and she finally threatened to tell. That set the chain of events in motion, and he killed her. In any case, I hope to hell this sicko is put into the general prison population and beaten to death. :mad:

http://www.dailyherald.com/search/searchstory.asp?id=172450

In Illinois, defendants are not legally responsible if a mental defect prevents them from understanding the act is wrong or they lack the ability to control themselves at the time of the crime or just afterward. Studies show insanity defenses are used in 1 percent of cases nationwide, but are successful only 5 percent of the time.

Unlike other high-profile insanity cases, such as that of Marilyn Lemak, a Naperville mother serving a life prison term for killing her three children, there is not any evidence in the Lofquist slaying of premeditation or concealment.

But, unlike Lemak, Neil Lofquist does not have a documented history of mental illness. Therefore, legal experts argue the videotaped police interviews will be important in the criminal case because they forever capture his mindset within hours of the killing.

An autopsy confirmed she died of injuries consistent with the way authorities said Neil Lofquist detailed killing his daughter. Pathologists did not find obvious signs of sex-related trauma, but further forensic tests are under way to determine if any DNA evidence present on the child’s body is consistent with molestation.

maiseyjane said:
http://www.dailyherald.com/search/searchstory.asp?id=172450

In Illinois, defendants are not legally responsible if a mental defect prevents them from understanding the act is wrong or they lack the ability to control themselves at the time of the crime or just afterward. Studies show insanity defenses are used in 1 percent of cases nationwide, but are successful only 5 percent of the time.

Unlike other high-profile insanity cases, such as that of Marilyn Lemak, a Naperville mother serving a life prison term for killing her three children, there is not any evidence in the Lofquist slaying of premeditation or concealment.

But, unlike Lemak, Neil Lofquist does not have a documented history of mental illness. Therefore, legal experts argue the videotaped police interviews will be important in the criminal case because they forever capture his mindset within hours of the killing.

An autopsy confirmed she died of injuries consistent with the way authorities said Neil Lofquist detailed killing his daughter. Pathologists did not find obvious signs of sex-related trauma, but further forensic tests are under way to determine if any DNA evidence present on the child’s body is consistent with molestation.

Here we go with yet another insanity defense!
Makes me so angry.

If pathologists did not find any obvious signs of sex-related trauma, she probably wasn't abused. There would be physical eveidence on an 8 yr old. What if Neil really did have a break from reality? How scary is that? My heart goes out to Lisa. If Neil really is "sick" her emotions have to be all over the place. How sad.

I feel so sad for this little girl... I can't imagine how scared she was.

Maybe he hadn't actually molested her..just had thoughts of it. And because he was so "perfect", it had to be the devil who was tempting him with those thoughts. I guess it's my Baptist upbringing, but I was taught that the thought was as bad as the deed. No matter if he's crazy or not, he had no right. And instead of dragging it out through the courts, punishment needs to be swift and appropriate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back