CANADA Canada - Elizabeth Bain, 22, Scarborough Ont, 19 June 1990 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was too much blood behind the driver’s seat of Bain’s car for someone killed three days earlier; its dark red colour suggested fresher blood than the decomposed, bluish-red colour they should have found if she’d been murdered days before; and the lack of a distinctive, pungent odour in the car was inconsistent with a body decomposing for several days.

Does this suggest that EB was held somewhere and then her body moved in her car closer to the 22nd? When was her car spotted by witnesses (not her brother).

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/23/new-allegations-in-rob-baltovich-case

Please share this clip with all you can and through facebook as well and ask it be shared.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1735331

The man is innocent, and thus this news is just another realization of what power LE has to do whatever they want.
Imagine what else they are hiding in regards to evidence, and how are these individuals not charged with a crime themselves.

Thanks to you guys for being on the ball here.

I have always hope that EB would be found, I still have hope.

I respect your opinion; why do you think RB is innocent?

I'm well-versed in the case, but I'd have to dust off my DF book and notes to get up to speed with you guys in order to follow.

I don't believe RB had a fair trial.

A few things for me made me believe that he was guilty (him noting that her car had been left in 'reverse' and saying she wouldn't have done that when he apparently was not privy to how her car had been found, him admitting that he had been to her parked car at Colonel Danforth Park putting a note, then taking it back etc, she didn't attend his graduation, he admitted to following her at times...).

I'm all in for knowing what the truth of the matter is.

ETA: grammar, and holy smokes, I went to King, too!

So weird to drive into an autobody collision place parking lot. It's very small and only has a few spots. It must have been closed.

The person who left it there had to have been comfortable with the area and specifically that parking lot. I've always thought they might have lived there, worked there or had their car worked on there. IMO

if i am the male in the drivers seat, parked at the 3r auto with EB, and a lady walks by and sees us, if i were responsible for EB's disappearance, why would i leave the car only a few yards away from where someone witnessed us in the car.

Panic maybe? In the height of an argument you're less aware of everything around you except for the person you're arguing with.

The adrenaline may have made him focus on 'the task at hand' of moving the body, or fleeing from the scene if she was killed and left close by. Maybe he only remembered the possible witness after leaving the car and by then it was too risky to go back.

3R Autobody. I always wondered if her body had been transfered to a car that was there at the time and then moved.

ETA: We were always looking for the body of EB. What if what we should be looking for is a car in a body of water that holds the remains of EB?

Does this suggest that EB was held somewhere and then her body moved in her car closer to the 22nd? When was her car spotted by witnesses (not her brother)./QUOTE]

That's one of the police theories, but the body would still be eminating the death odor even for a few hours in the car it should have left a very noticable smell, and there wasn't any.

Forensics said the evidence showed EB's body was not in the car for 3 days nor was it put back in the car 3 days later and transported, but these were the only two theories that worked for LE.

[QUOTE A few things for me made me believe that he was guilty (him noting that her car had been left in 'reverse' and saying she wouldn't have done that when he apparently was not privy to how her car had been found, him admitting that he had been to her parked car at Colonel Danforth Park putting a note, then taking it back etc, she didn't attend his graduation, he admitted to following her at times...)[/QUOTE]

RB got the reverse information from EB's brother. I'm not sure how RB admitting he had been to her parked car and put a note on it has anything to do with guilt, he simply gave the truth of his timeline that night and what he did.
Had he not admitted that and someone seen him do it, then he would be caught in a lie and that would point to possible guilt.

RB was nothing but truthful on what he did that night. LE tried and succeeded in warping things around to make hm look guilty.

I don't believe he admitted to actually following her persay. I know one time he saw her drive by and then followed her home. I would do the same thing if i were in love with my gf.

give some specifics on why you believe he's guilty. remember this was a murder case and he was sentenced to life. there has to be actual evidence and not speculation.

the brother and father both lied on the witness stand. the detectives hid witness sightings and statements the proved RB was telling the truth that night and the EB was with someone else at the time LE knew RB had a solid alibi in the gym.

Panic maybe? In the height of an argument you're less aware of everything around you except for the person you're arguing with.

The adrenaline may have made him focus on 'the task at hand' of moving the body, or fleeing from the scene if she was killed and left close by. Maybe he only remembered the possible witness after leaving the car and by then it was too risky to go back.

3R Autobody. I always wondered if her body had been transfered to a car that was there at the time and then moved.

ETA: We were always looking for the body of EB. What if what we should be looking for is a car in a body of water that holds the remains of EB?[/QUOTE]

rbbm.

EB's body put in submerged car is a very interesting idea!
All this car stuff is reminding me of the Sonia Varaschin case, ie. victim last seen driving car, blood on car, body possibly moved in car.
Yet also reminds me of the 70`s Sharron Prior case in Quebec, because her body was found in a location that the perp entered by backing up his truck.jmo, fwiw.
EB simply has to be found.
Did the killer go to extra lengths to hide EB`s body because if it was found he would immediately be identified, or did a stranger just toss her casually somewhere that has simply been overlooked thus far...

I've met Rob and know people who knew him both at high school and following his arrest. By all accounts, he was a quiet, smart, good guy with a bit of an edge or outspokenness you could see in him like when he was refereeing a game. Nothing harsh, just authoritative at the appropriate moment. He had a good sense of humour.

I don't have anything but vague, nagging questions about some of his actions.

-why didn't he participate in the searches? It was his girlfriend. There were usually 5 people per search group, and you didn't know the area you were going to search until you arrived.
(I think he may have been cautioned by a lawyer not to search, but I don't think anything would have stopped me. It didn't stop her family.)

-I'll have to break out my DF book, but RB did admit to following her on more than one occasion. Iirc. She also didn't attend his graduation. Both of those things made me think that EB was breaking up with him. He denied that, I wondered why.

-I had questions about the pages from her diary that Rob took, and returned. Weren't some pages missing?

-I thought her brother denied telling Rob anything about the car being left in reverse, and his story changed when he was pressed as to which brother it was.iirc

Like I said, as someone looking at this from afar, I had little doubts about his innocence. But from what I know of him from other people, he would never have done anything to hurt her. Even if something horrible happened where he might have hurt her, he would be the type of person to stand up and face what he did.

As Trackergd from here at Websleuths says: open mind and wide net.

I'd just like to find EB. I know from talking to his then lawyer, ME, that RB didn't receive a fair trial. In part, because ME and the judge had a history of hating each other. That always bothered me as well.

I'm willing to help, with what little I can offer. For the next few weeks I have some time. My views might be influenced by the media reports at the time, and LE was the source of their stories. DF came in later with his articles and book.

[QUOTE A few things for me made me believe that he was guilty (him noting that her car had been left in 'reverse' and saying she wouldn't have done that when he apparently was not privy to how her car had been found, him admitting that he had been to her parked car at Colonel Danforth Park putting a note, then taking it back etc, she didn't attend his graduation, he admitted to following her at times...

RB got the reverse information from EB's brother. I'm not sure how RB admitting he had been to her parked car and put a note on it has anything to do with guilt, he simply gave the truth of his timeline that night and what he did.
Had he not admitted that and someone seen him do it, then he would be caught in a lie and that would point to possible guilt.

RB was nothing but truthful on what he did that night. LE tried and succeeded in warping things around to make hm look guilty.

I don't believe he admitted to actually following her persay. I know one time he saw her drive by and then followed her home. I would do the same thing if i were in love with my gf.

give some specifics on why you believe he's guilty. remember this was a murder case and he was sentenced to life. there has to be actual evidence and not speculation.

the brother and father both lied on the witness stand. the detectives hid witness sightings and statements the proved RB was telling the truth that night and the EB was with someone else at the time LE knew RB had a solid alibi in the gym.

we are here to find EB, whatever it takes to do that. the innocent or guilt of RB was
never the issue at hand, however, because of the recent developments in the actions of
LE in this case, not only will it bring EB back into the media and everyones mind which may jog someones memory. The actions of LE alone my cause a public uproar and a demand for a new investigation into EB's disappearance.
LE's only concern is saving face, and protecting their decision to arrest and convict RB at all costs.
The fate of EB is not their priority or concern which is something they should be ashamed of.
Admit your faults, pay RB the money he deserves for being wrongfully convicted, and put every effort into finding EB's real killer and her whereabouts.
That would earn my respect and admiration for our system. We are human beings and make mistakes. Admit them and lets move on to the real tragedy which is a missing beautiful soul, EB.

Several weeks ago i received an email from someone viewing this site who wishes to remain anonymous.
This person had a witness sighting of EB on the night she disappeared and went to police with it back then. They did nothing about it.
The timing of this sighting of EB is at the exact time that the police witness tennis instructor under hypnosis says she seen RB and EB at the picnic table at the tennis courts.
This is a full hour before RB's statement of getting to the tennis court area.
So we have another witness sighting of EB that night that does not include RB and because it didn't fit the police theory they shoved it aside and no one from the defense side knew about it.
Well they do now.
If there is anyone else out there with memories or stories like these, please feel free to contact me or post on this site. Your information will get into the proper hands.
And to the anonymous sender of this information, thank you again and will keep you updated.
I hope you are ok with what ive written here, i have not put any details of the sighting here and will not do that. I just want people to know there are still informaiton out there that can help us to solve this case and bring EB home to her family.
thanks

Very well said eyesonly - post #270 and #271.

My 2 cents - cops can't go around framing people - they are not tasked with that nor is there a statute anywhere that says they can do such due to a 'gut feeling, hunch' or whatever it is they think they have.

I have not followed this closely at any time but - if RB killed EB and spent substantial time in jail - why is he coming back for more now that he has his freedom? Makes no sense to me. I think a killer would take the freedom and run.

My guess is, come the first day of the lawsuit, a settlement will be reached. How can TPS afford the scrutiny of false submissions by a detective that was suppose to be above reproach? Especially with the Rofo huppla going nowhere fast - and many $$$ spent to date.

I don't think Raybould acted alone - not possible for 1 of several cops to submit paperwork into a set of docs that are false. TPS can't afford for that to become obvious either.

You're right eyesonly - finding EB is paramount and the point of the thread. Maybe we can move all RB lawsuit posts to the trials section?

Caledon? Historically a popular spot for deceased people from Toronto to turn up.

IF I am right there were two Scarborough rapists (one muscular over six feet WITH facial hair) (while Bernardo friend Van Smirnis said B could not grow facial hair) then SR2 is a suspect in EB.

[QUOTE A few things for me made me believe that he was guilty (him noting that her car had been left in 'reverse' and saying she wouldn't have done that when he apparently was not privy to how her car had been found, him admitting that he had been to her parked car at Colonel Danforth Park putting a note, then taking it back etc, she didn't attend his graduation, he admitted to following her at times...)

the brother and father both lied on the witness stand. the detectives hid witness sightings and statements the proved RB was telling the truth that night and the EB was with someone else at the time LE knew RB had a solid alibi in the gym.[/QUOTE]

Why did EB's father and brother lie on the witness stand? And about what?

I think you did a fine job in expressing your thoughts raining - fwiw.

Your questions are very valid - what exactly did RB do wrong here?

I'm far from an expert on this case, but agree - why did EB's father and brother lie on the witness stand? The only other family I know to have done that are the Jessop's - because LE coaxed them to - change time lines etc. We know for a fact that person was wrongfully convicted as he had the luxury of DNA to exclude him. RB does yet have that - possibly never will.

RB is coming back for more because he's? ........................ (fill in the blank question). Seems all evidence will be reviewed during his lawsuit, a real risk if he's guilty. RB does not strike me as a foolish man.

I'm looking forward to a settlement on day 1 of RB's lawsuit trial, or failing that, when the defense gets to the part where a detective on EB's case - Hulcoop - states on the witness stand that the Scarborough rapist does not kill (reported in the Globe & Mail).

I think you did a fine job in expressing your thoughts raining - fwiw.

Your questions are very valid - what exactly did RB do wrong here?

I'm far from an expert on this case, but agree - why did EB's father and brother lie on the witness stand? The only other family I know to have done that are the Jessop's - because LE coaxed them to - change time lines etc. We know for a fact that person was wrongfully convicted as he had the luxury of DNA to exclude him. RB does yet have that - possibly never will.

RB is coming back for more because he's? ........................ (fill in the blank question). Seems all evidence will be reviewed during his lawsuit, a real risk if he's guilty. RB does not strike me as a foolish man.

I'm looking forward to a settlement on day 1 of RB's lawsuit trial, or failing that, when the defense gets to the part where a detective on EB's case - Hulcoop - states on the witness stand that the Scarborough rapist does not kill (reported in the Globe & Mail).

LOL only the last question "Why did they lie" was mine, the rest was supposed to be a quote LOL.

I hope that RB gets the DNA evidence he needs to fully clear his name. My gut says he didn't do it. And yeah, the Scarborough rapist sure did kill didn't he...........

Re- EB's father and brother lying on the stand;

First i agree the LE had the family fully convinced the RB was responsible and they are
to this day still convinced of that fact.
No greater power for LE than to have the backing of the victims family against their prime suspect.

The father lied in regards to an incident RB's defense questioned him about on the witness stand. They asked him about an incident in the recent months where he had slapped EB;s younger sister in the face causing her to fall down.
In the transcripts the father says that he never did that and has never hit any of his kids.
EB relates this very incident in her own diary and states her dad hit her sister and then her brother MB came running to their defense.

EB's brother stated on the stand he was at school till 10pm that night. However, his girlfriend gave statements to my search partner that he was with her that night for a certain period of time and she had given him a cupcake with a candle for his birthday, as she wasnt going to see him on his actual birthday if i remember correctly. He was with her from like 7-830ish she says.

RB has always stated that he went to EB's house just after 9pm and the brothers car was there. But it shouldn't have been if he was at school till 10pm.
I believe that either LE or EB's father told mark to lie and say he was at school till ten so that would make RB look like he was lying.

Also, EB's mother testified in the prelims i believe that the brother didn't go to school that night and was not at home that night.

Now i'm not sure if all these false statements are because the brother was involved in EB's disappearance and the father is protecting him, or because the father is directing everyone what to do and say in order to get RB convicted because LE has made them believe that RB was the person responsible for their daughters disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012