MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I remember that..could have come from Jen or Kerri that night...I guess CW will use this as the motive and while I believe there were major issues I don't think she set out that night "to do him in". It would help CW to have a motive so we will hear more about it.
Oh, no, but right, CW would try anything of discord to 'do him in'.

I saw the explanation of leaving a window open and looking at other things which then pick up the time the window is opened. I think this is B.S. and will be refuted. If I look at my history each search has its very own time and I often don't close windows. A real battle of experts for sure. I think this search could be really really bad for state and Jen.
yeah, cw needs an expert to affirm or not that contention, it's not true just because lally elicited it from Jen Mc's gob/mouth. So cw has someone coming for this purpose?

Karen Read’s parents say she and O’Keefe became serious in 2019 right before the Covid pandemic.

“They just seemed to be in a happy place, you know,” Karen’s mother Janet Read said.

The Reads shared multiple pictures of the smiling couple at family events and on vacation.

Daniel also reviewed surveillance video showing Read and O’Keefe laughing and embracing at C.F. McCarthy’s, a restaurant and bar in Canton.
Good article and a year ago and seems her father also feels the same regarding the immediate attack on John.

yes I remember that..could have come from Jen or Kerri that night...I guess CW will use this as the motive and while I believe there were major issues I don't think she set out that night "to do him in". It would help CW to have a motive so we will hear more about it.

Because he had custody of his niece and nephew, being used by the state, as a reason to murder him?

I saw the explanation of leaving a window open and looking at other things which then pick up the time the window is opened. I think this is B.S. and will be refuted. If I look at my history each search has its very own time and I often don't close windows. A real battle of experts for sure. I think this search could be really really bad for state and Jen.
As a service to the Websleuths community, can you describe the steps you use to view times for your browser searches/page visits, in Safari?

We've heard their motive theory. They weren't getting along so after dropping him off, in a place where many people were coming and going and in an area where Ring or other cameras would be very much expected, she decided to back into him at 24 mph and kill him with her taillight in front of an occupied house. No explanation as to why he would have still been standing in the roadway and allowed himself be hit, however.

Ta da! There you have it. But it's strange how the people in the Nagle vehicle saw Karen alone in the vehicle with no damage to the rear lights of her car and no John on the lawn.Wonder where he was?

And why do we think the McCabes and Higgins are claiming the Higgins vehicle was parked in front of the mailbox, blocking the view of the witnesses? The witnesses saw no such Jeep and have no reason to lie about what they saw. So why would Higgins and Matt and Jen make up that story?

I am old enough to remember earlier versions of DOS and Windows that IIRC created a ‘registry’ file that for the most part essentially held key strokes etc. IANAITT* so not unsure of the latest technology, nor what types of devices are in scope or evidence in this case. And not exactly sure what is possible today. But with all of the cases we have seen over the years, and what happens on electronic devices that solves cases…… that IIUC we seem to have an Abbott & Costello ‘Who’s on First?” here for some device timing and critical use is astounding. MOO
(*I Am Not an IT technician)

Just remembered 2.27am search was deleted,the only one in that series to be iirc. Was recovered from deleted items folder or if deleted from that folder, was recovered forensically from logs (do not recall which was contended by d). Not sure how that plays into the notion that search was really done later from same window when was deleted. There might be a time recorded by deleted items folder or a log re time of deletion? musings as know nothing in reality

Waiting for the experts, but it's strange how Jen deleted the 2:27 search but not the much later ones where she appeared to be attemping to duplicate that search after the body was found.

And Google is wicked smart. Her first duplicate search attempt would have come up with the answer to her question. Exact spelling isn't required.

Karen Read’s parents say she and O’Keefe became serious in 2019 right before the Covid pandemic.

“They just seemed to be in a happy place, you know,” Karen’s mother Janet Read said.

The Reads shared multiple pictures of the smiling couple at family events and on vacation.

Daniel also reviewed surveillance video showing Read and O’Keefe laughing and embracing at C.F. McCarthy’s, a restaurant and bar in Canton.
From the same article
“I think John O’Keefe entered that house, was sucker punched, a fight ensued, and he was overwhelmed,” he said.
William Read suggested O’Keefe was dragged out of the house through a basement bulkhead, taken around the side of the house, and placed near the road where he was found unresponsive in a snowstorm later in the morning.

William Read suggested that the alleged attack was kept secret from most of the people inside the Albert home, including teenagers celebrating a birthday, and only a limited number of adults were aware of it.

Ted Daniel asked Read’s parents: “if the events happen the way Karen’s attorneys say they did, how many people would have to be involved in the cover-up?”

Read’s father said: “My sense is that there are a handful of people, influential people, who know what happened.”
//
Agree totally.

I think Karen's father is 100% on target with his thoughts about how JOK was murdered. IIRC you don't have to pass thru the kitchen to get to the basement if you enter the front door. I think the birthday boy and the young girls as well as the Moms were in the kitchen.

Whoever hit him ( Colin/BH prime candidates but could have been BA also if JOK uncovered something he did not want told to LE) got to him before the rest saw him, sucker punched him - then took him down to the basement and the rest then occurred.

John OKeefe was a good guy from all acounts who did the right thing. Took his brothers kids in. They just intended to rough him up a bit to either keep him from talking or teach him a lesson. I don't think they intended to kill him there at the house. But too much booze and whatever other substances altered their behavior and bingo you have a recipe for the disaster.

There is no evidence that Karen Read was ever physically violent towards John or anyone else for that matter. The P is trying to prove that she was an unstable and hysterical woman ( you know cukoo) who wanted to physically harm JOK. Nothing that I know about KR's previous history points to her being violent - there is no pattern in their relationship of abuse on either end. ( Of course all the other evidence points to her never hitting JOK with her vehicle also)

But there is lots of violence associated with BH and BA and Colin. Punching bags, bruised knuckles, arresting perps, Mixed Martial Arts fighting. Very much macho "men". Who seemed to have a propensity to communicate with their fists.
JMO

OOPS

"Colin wasn't at the house. He's being harassed for … he was not at the house when John [O'Keefe] was there. I drove him home. People are harassing him saying he was at the house when it's not true. ... Constant phone calls. Emails. Awful messages," Allie McCabe said.

I know there was a media blackout so we couldn’t hear the children’s testimony but I wonder how Jackson and Yanetti were able to cope without being able to berate and accuse the minor children of crimes. Does the defense say the children are part of the cover up conspiracy? I’m assuming not but you never know with this defense team.

JMO
Did you try reading the children's testimony?

During cross-examination, Read's attorney David Yannetti was soft-spoken, asking if the boy knew the phrase "raise a hand in anger." He then asked if O'Keefe or Read every raised a hand in anger at the other, and the teenager said no.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/boston/news/karen-read-live-stream-today-brian-higgins/
"I'm so sorry that you were made to come here today. Nothing further," Yannetti said.

Lally is such a tool for making those kids come in. They added nothing to prove Karen murdered John in cold blood with her taillight. He knows that. He's just hoping the more pointless witnesses he drags in, the more bored and confused the jury gets and the less attention they pay to the CW's pathetic case.

At the expense of two traumatized teens this time.

So yesterday my girlfriend called me and asked if my husband was ok. I said yeah he’s at the garage, why. She said he called me a bunch of times and when I called him back ….he wouldn’t answer. True story, he was butt dialing her…just saying it happens. He keeps his phone in his pocket.

So yesterday my girlfriend called me and asked if my husband was ok. I said yeah he’s at the garage, why. She said he called me a bunch of times and when I called him back ….he wouldn’t answer. True story, he was butt dialing her…just saying it happens. He keeps his phone in his pocket.

But did the butt dial end up in a butt answer and a 22 second "silent" conversation?

From the same article
“I think John O’Keefe entered that house, was sucker punched, a fight ensued, and he was overwhelmed,” he said.
William Read suggested O’Keefe was dragged out of the house through a basement bulkhead, taken around the side of the house, and placed near the road where he was found unresponsive in a snowstorm later in the morning.

William Read suggested that the alleged attack was kept secret from most of the people inside the Albert home, including teenagers celebrating a birthday, and only a limited number of adults were aware of it.

Ted Daniel asked Read’s parents: “if the events happen the way Karen’s attorneys say they did, how many people would have to be involved in the cover-up?”

Read’s father said: “My sense is that there are a handful of people, influential people, who know what happened.”
//
Agree totally.

I think Karen's father is 100% on target with his thoughts about how JOK was murdered. IIRC you don't have to pass thru the kitchen to get to the basement if you enter the front door. I think the birthday boy and the young girls as well as the Moms were in the kitchen.

Whoever hit him ( Colin/BH prime candidates but could have been BA also if JOK uncovered something he did not want told to LE) got to him before the rest saw him, sucker punched him - then took him down to the basement and the rest then occurred.

John OKeefe was a good guy from all acounts who did the right thing. Took his brothers kids in. They just intended to rough him up a bit to either keep him from talking or teach him a lesson. I don't think they intended to kill him there at the house. But too much booze and whatever other substances altered their behavior and bingo you have a recipe for the disaster.

There is no evidence that Karen Read was ever physically violent towards John or anyone else for that matter. The P is trying to prove that she was an unstable and hysterical woman ( you know cukoo) who wanted to physically harm JOK. Nothing that I know about KR's previous history points to her being violent - there is no pattern in their relationship of abuse on either end. ( Of course all the other evidence points to her never hitting JOK with her vehicle also)

But there is lots of violence associated with BH and BA and Colin. Punching bags, bruised knuckles, arresting perps, Mixed Martial Arts fighting. Very much macho "men". Who seemed to have a propensity to communicate with their fists.
JMO
"They just intended to rough him up a bit to either keep him from talking or teach him a lesson." Okay I can buy this however what would he talk about or need to be taught a lesson about? That is what makes no sense to me. What has he done to this group..is there a back story here.

Seriously expect to get jumped for saying this but I’m going to anyway.
If you really think about it, a house full of seasoned police officers and all they come up with is….lets put JO in the front yard! No one will suspect us! No way, I will never believe that. Whatever happened to JO happened outside. Just my thoughts and I know many disagree.

This opinion piece was posted up thread but has a paywall. Just fyi you can read it at bpl.org ( boston public libraray -if you make a free account- you do not have to be local ) You can also read the Boston GLobe and NYTimes there

This is from Howie Carr's OPINION piece - Howie has been covering the greater Boston area for more years than I can remember. He writes often about this case and trial.
Howie Carr - Wikipedia

Yanetti asked Higgins if he’d ever discussed his text messages with Karen Read with anyone else.

GRAB *advertiser censored* (for indeed that is another of his monikers) BRIAN: “Not to my knowledge, no.”

Again, his memory is a bit cloudy. It must be the poteen talking.

YANETTI: “Why not?”

GRAB *advertiser censored* BRIAN: “To be honest with you, I mean I I I’m a personal on a personal level I I kinda keep things to myself um I was a little embarrassed um wasn’t really proud of ‘em uh kind of maybe didn’t show me in a good light with respects that I was John’s friend.”

He didn’t say “with respect,” he said, “with respects.” To repeat, he respected John O’Keefe so much he was a no-show at his funeral, like all the rest of these low-rent losers.

He shifted nervously on the witness stand. It was 9:50 a.m. When does the Waterfall open?"

JMO

Seriously expect to get jumped for saying this but I’m going to anyway.
If you really think about it, a house full of seasoned police officers and all they come up with is….lets put JO in the front yard! No one will suspect us! No way, I will never believe that. Whatever happened to JO happened outside. Just my thoughts and I know many disagree.

Well, it's worked pretty well for them so far, has it not?

Read will be found not guilty. And thanks to the fact that this crime was not investigated (no one in the house interrogated separately or at the police station, the house was not searched, no crime scene photos to speak of, no measurements taken), no one else is likely to ever charged.

John was put in the darkest part of the front yard in hopes that a vehicle - any vehicle - would be blamed. It makes far more sense than trying to transport a 220 pound body somewhere else. And Brian Albert knew he could work with investigators to cast blame elsewhere.

And I'll point out that the only police officer - aside from the victim - was Brian Albert. Higgins who ran out quickly to establish an alibi, is/was a Federal ATF agent. So no house full of seasoned police officers. Just those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay