Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more curious about other SWs who dated RH and their stories about him. He must have been with hundreds and hundreds of women over those years. But we've only heard from one. I'm curious what made him choose to torture and kill some, and choose to not kill others IMO.
After his arrest and photo was released LE was contacted by a few SW inmates who they interviewed.
I don't recall reading any follow-up.

I have rosacea and it sucks. Different things can make your skin flare. Ime, there's not great treatment that consistently works and is affordable. Certain things definitely make my skin flare but sometimes I say breathing makes it flare.

For RH, I would guess diet, change in surroundings, emotions, stress, availability of cleaners, even something like water hardness could contribute. Lots of things and sometimes seemingly nothing can contribute to it. Again ime.

PSA: For people asking what's wrong with his face or skin, those kinds of comments are not the nicest in general for people with rosacea. We don't have rosacea due to some moral failing or because we are slobs or dirty. I have had so many people say to my face comments about me being sunburned or being outside too much when my rosacea is visible. RH may deserve every disparaging comment he gets, but please think before you speak in other settings. (I have sometimes had a private cry because things strangers have felt was entirely ok to say to me about my skin.) I am aware my skin looks bad today. I live in it. It is physically painful at times so it's not like I forget it. Just fyi. Thank you.

I'm not quite sure which one, but in one of the earlier press confrences when Tierney and the other heads of the task force were thanking people, they said some things that made me think they had someone working undercover in some sort of vice position. I think they at least a few people undercover working at massage parlors or other places. at that point they were tailing him so while there's still a risk, if he tried anything he'd be screwed.

oh wow yes quite possible especially when it's this serious of a case

Since he specifically lists small women, maybe he initially incapacitated them or even killed them elsewhere, then smuggled them into his house in a bag/suitcase of some sort? He's a big guy and that probably would have been easy for him.

Re: film and the possibility of a darkroom vs. Polaroids (jumping off your post). The rolls of film makes me think of just that, not Polaroids. But photo film could refer to either type. Or both.

MOO.
Just having them out of sight in his vehicle and pulling into his garage would do it -- well except if there were traffic cams maybe. covered and knocked out in the front with him, or secured in a safe location and in the back of a covered truck.

Ahhh yes... I think you're absolutely correct!

ETA: Do you (or anyone reading) think it's likely some of the victims family members may eventually try to file lawsuits against SCPD?
I think if they can, they will. It’s difficult to put myself in their situation. On the one hand, we would all like to think they feel so terrible about what happened to the victims they would give up their earthly possessions in the spirit of justice. On the other, if they truly knew nothing, and he was their financial support, they still need to live out the rest of their lives. If I was VH, an adult with no disabilities, I would def be out of there though…

I am just catching up on the thread and still several pages behind, but....I agree, the "butter for your bread" stuck out to me, I think it's code. Apologies if this has already been discussed since!
RH' asking HK "do you have butter for your bread" indicates to me that the Suffolk County Correctional Facility most likely does not serve butter to their inmates.

I’m betting VH working for dad is part of that Stockholm Syndrome. I’m thinking she was so used to his control she didn’t know what else she was capable of doing but working for him. I feel so bad for their situation (meaning the kids). I feel VH is staring to get it hence her statement I don’t feel human. She’s probably rethinking her whole life. That makes me sad.
Or better yet, did she have any boyfriends? I’d imagine Rex wouldn’t be the best father-in-law

All speculation, imo, fwiw
Did RH ever mention condoms?
Did he adjust his methods of killing and disposing of victims (Asian male?) to accommodate any fears he may have had regarding HIV/STDs?
Did he worry about passing anything on to those close to him?
Did he find a way to check prospective victims health records?
When he taunted family members of his victims, he referred to their loved ones with that nasty old-fashioned word, who..s, was he ever taunted for his ironically descriptive name?
Apr 16, 1990 Heidi Evans rbbm
''NEW YORK - A study that tested nearly 950 New York City streetwalkers found that a third of them were carrying the AIDS virus, one of the highest rates of infection ever found among U.S. prostitutes.
The nine-month study, paid for by the state Health Department and the federal Centers for Disease Control, tested streetwalkers in 18 neighborhoods in the five boroughs between April and December of last year.''

2008 By Patricia Fieldsteel rbbm
''Most of the girls (a term they preferred to “women”) worked the Lower East Side around Allen and Delancey. Many were well educated; they were also among the dirtiest and most degraded of the working girls. Diana had been an upper-class British vet, specializing in horses. Another had been a dentist. Julie, a petite redhead, had as identification a New York Public Library card. She got tested but refused to learn her results. Chiara came from a wealthy Milanese family and had battled severe anorexia and bulimia for more than 10 years. She’d sought treatment in a New York City eating disorders hospital where another patient had told her heroin stopped bulimia. Nothing, she said, was worse than the hell of bulimia, not even ending up homeless, hooking to pay for her next fix. In early 1990, Julie disappeared. Then others. Not unusual. Sometime in 1991, the girls on the Lower East Side started whispering about a pervert who killed. Street prostitutes are murdered all the time.

During the winter of 1989, a working girl entered the van on Broadway in the 90s. Trembling, she showed me her savagely bruised neck and pointed to a collegiate-looking guy in aviator glasses: “He tried to strangle me during sex. He’s tried on other girls, too.”
1) excellent find with this article.

2) I think part of the change in his m.o. is that he no longer had "intercorse" with them in the conventional sense. he used other things. this would also line up with the abnormal psych/paraphelia/malignant sexual sadist thing. you can ironically read all about it in John Douglas' many books. clearly, rex educated himself in the area as well.

Or better yet, did she have any boyfriends? I’d imagine Rex wouldn’t be the best father-in-law
I keep thinking did VH have g'friends to the house while growing up?

Imagine being the mom of one of them and you had let your daughter do sleep-overs? (scream).

So far it's been crickets on the VH friend/parents of friends front.

1) excellent find with this article.

2) I think part of the change in his m.o. is that he no longer had "intercorse" with them in the conventional sense. he used other things. this would also line up with the abnormal psych/paraphelia/malignant sexual sadist thing. you can ironically read all about it in John Douglas' many books. clearly, rex educated himself in the area as well.

And, there was the penetration objects torture fixation he had. I'm not sure BTK nor RH "personally" penetrated all of their victims.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member