Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not convinced he even had penetrative sex with the victims. He may have had sex with himself near them during torture or near their dead bodies. His kink was setting up and then executing his fantasy, So, that would be how avoided stds.
I thought the same thing as you after reading the most recent document. On page 20, it essentially states that part of the images he viewed online were those of "sex substitution" (i.e. penetration with an object".

and I'm curious how he met Asa exactly. Did it start as abusive and held her against her will? Then they fell in love. It's an odd but not impossible situation.
It's quite possible he targeted her and possibly stalked her. Was Asa a target and he changed his mind?
Soon after RH's arrest during speaking to the media Macedonio quickly said something like there were problems in the marriage then he kind of blew it off referencing that every marriage has problems.

Of course he didn't go into detail and I have repeatedly looked for where I read it and no luck.

Does anyone else remember something like this"?

I bet he was astonished to find out that the file he thought was long gone because he'd deleted it had been retrieved.

I still can't get over them finding that file in a deleted folder from 2000-2002 on a computer that likely had not been used in as many years, that had not been overwritten by new data!

That is incredible to me.

MOO.
Tierney addressed that at yesterday's presser and said they had to get old software to retrieve it.

Last edited:
Stockholm Syndrome has been applied to abusive relationships, for Stockholm Syndrome to become "a thing," there needs to be a long-term, established relationship. Source: "People develop positive feelings toward their captors or abusers over time." I'd think of it like brainwashing. But he may have had some kind of longer-term relationship with some victim/s. But I wouldn't rule it out for AE, maybe he abused her. I'd find it difficult to believe he didn't, in light of what we're finding out about him. And his first wife was gone relatively quickly, and we don't know why. AE as "wife" was an important "cog" in his wheel. Maybe he was interested in making sure he'd know how to manipulate her.
It’s like what cults do. Find people at a low period, financially broke, emotionally low and offer to help with the goal of making them submissive & exploiting / using them.

From what I’ve seen, Controllers constantly tell partner that they are nothing, dumb, ugly, undesirable, always making mistakes, couldn’t survive on their own, can’t do anything right. Controller puts everyone down, the stupid neighbors, don’t be friends with them. So nosy, don’t want them in our business.

Until the person actually cannot decide which paper towels to buy without being told. Would never question anything, because they believe they are lucky to have what they’ve got. The controller hides money, hides secret life and the people/person being controlled feels lucky for the basic minimum of attention. Controller 100% confident that he has total control.

We had the “wife” of one of these controllers at work, we saw her shrink into a skinny empty robot. He controlled her clothes (thrift shop always too big & new clothes a waste), no make up (*advertiser censored* wear it), no chapstick (smells & he’s allergic), daily calorie controlled box lunch (too fat), no drinks after work, no Xmas party, no working late, same train every day he picks her up. (no kids he couldn’t spare the extra love). No friends/no family - he only wants time with her, can’t share her. He doesn’t work, has a legal wife in another town who apparently thinks he’s a secret agent. Whole thing is crazy, she tells coworkers all this crazy crap, she will never leave him because she thinks the sun shines out his *advertiser censored*. She thinks what they have is so special, better than anyone else marriage - because who else has a partner who cares so much making the diet box lunch, doesn’t want to share you with friends or family or kids, picks up every day, buys your clothes for you at charity shop …

I think the last murder they've connected him was in 2011 and I highly doubt he quit after that.

...one of the most prolific serial killers ever on Long Island

WTH? I thought that was going say in the country. How many serial killers have they had on LI for him to be "one of the most prolific"? :oops:
Unfortunately a lot.

Well, if this old article is an indication of what the meals are like now, I'd say he's talking about actual food.

No more New York slice. Enjoy your dry wholemeal bread and skim milk, RH.

MOO

RH' asking HK "do you have butter for your bread" indicates to me that the Suffolk County Correctional Facility most likely does not serve butter to their inmates.
I think he means bread and butter, literal.

What's aggravating is how he leads with it.

He is charged with now six ghastly murders, and his top concern is his own needs. It's just so telling.

It's a benign statement. But not really. He feels entitled. IMO he's going to have an oddly clinical approach to what he's done. It comes as naturally to him as training, say, for a marathon comes to another. Eat, sleep, kill.

IMO every other aspect of his life existed to serve this one.

I don't know that he ever did but I can't imagine he didn't consider holding victims hostage even while his family was home, if only he could have perfected soundproofing.

His wife has been demonized by association but IMO she's another victim. Not a contest for who is a victim, not a victim or who is more victim and who is less. RA used her. For cover. And I'm going to guess he was no great husband. Provided just enough, didn't do repairs, didn't provide the means to hire it done. Likely had rules, maybe about his personal space (i.e. the paneled room) and she learned it's just best for everyone not to cross him. We don't know what promises or threats or dissonance he used to keep her there or what needs and fears kept her there. He had the money, the home, the power. We don't know how he built up dependence or degraded her but IMO he likely did both, rendering her effectively helpless.

Others will disagree with me, will see her having more agency than I ascribe her and that's okay. I don't know, I can only try to imagine. I just suspect that she's been surviving all these years, her primary companionship being her children and this investigation has upended that. If it seems callous to the victims of his crimes and their loves ones, I get that, but right now, it might be ALL she can do to think of her children and herself.

There's only one person here who choreographed this whole grisly nightmare. There is no end to the destruction he has caused. No sentence can suffice. Even hell is too good. Frankly I think his kind scares the hell out of hell.

JMO

At the end of the day........... EVERYONE is going to be trying to pick him apart, right?

I could see the theater curtain prank as an overactive budding engineering mind.

The mama's boy... --- Not enough there yet. Who was around him as he was growing up? Who was living in that house over those years.... relatives? tenants?

for example.... was he killing animals in the backyard? ha ha.... just the standard question, right?
His brother lived in the home with his mom and RH. The brother (possibly his wife) lived with RH and AE for a period of time. RH owns property near his brother’s compound.

If he was woodworking would a bandsaw sound the same cutting timber as say a body
I thought the same thing as you after reading the most recent document. On page 20, it essentially states that part of the images he viewed online were those of "sex substitution" (i.e. penetration with an object".
Maybe his tool does not perform? Does he need meds to get it up?

He strikes me as someone who sits like a spider in a meticulous web, luring people into his trap.

Condemned and abandoned houses are very quickly identified by certain elements of the public. They become squats and drug dens and places rebellious teens gather to smoke, drink, and mess about, both sexually and in a more general antisocial way.

They would not provide him with the control of his environment that I think he seems to desire, or even require. There are serial killers that kill in the woods, those that kill in their cars or trucks, those that kill in the streets, those that kill in their victim's homes, and those who kill in their own. While all killers are capable of a degree of flexibility and change, the ones who like to kill at their own home tend to do it because I suspect it's an important part of the fantasy of complete control, of a lengthy amount of time spent with a victim that a more public space does not allow. Gacy, Dahmer, the Wests, HH Holmes... These people all killed primarily in their home environment, and they were all extreme sadists who tortured their victims. RH seems rather like he shares this in common with them.

MOO
And, I think RH has a theatrical interest and wanted a specific scene to look a certain way. His "playtime" perhaps involved a script he liked to follow, and maybe he stage managed the encounters. Maybe he saw himself as a director as well photographer. I'm not even sure he considered himself the "star" but that his horrific creative process was the star.

I wouldn't be surprised if he killed elsewhere, thought, like in the places you mentioned with the purpose of throwing LE off track.

jmo

I’m not convinced he even had penetrative sex with the victims. He may have had sex with himself near them during torture or near their dead bodies. His kink was setting up and then executing his fantasy, So, that would be how avoided stds.
I agree. Maybe he had sex when he wasn't planning to kill, but I don't think he had sex with his murder victims. That's speculation on my part, not fact.

jmo

I keep thinking did VH have g'friends to the house while growing up?

Imagine being the mom of one of them and you had let your daughter do sleep-overs? (scream).

So far it's been crickets on the VH friend/parents of friends front.
Witness #2 in the recent bail document is a childhood friend of VH. The witness and her family provided information that Asa and the kids went on vacation with their family during the time one of the victims was killed. :(

We should leave them alone. It's bad enough that they had to learn that they had a serial killer in their family. They absolutely do not need or deserve to be turned into objects of lurid public curiosity.
I've found it to be a good rule of thumb to stop and ask myself if any critical comment I might make is worth posting. Does it help bring justice to the victims ? Does it offer valuable information or insight ? If the answer is "no", I don't post it.

I assume he discarded the dismembered remains in two locations on the same date?? (i.e.Jessica) Or did he store the remains for a short time and bury them later? I don't remember reading about forensic refrigeration details but it's possible they just haven't released that (or it wasn't evident), or it didn't occur.
Just a reminder, he has two known and searched storage units. He may have had others over the years. And on the July search of at least one storage unit the medical examiners truck was there.

Just a reminder, he has two known and searched storage units. He may have had others over the years. And on the July search of at least one storage unit the medical examiners truck was there.

Right. It seems to me that the torso was not buried, but yet... other body parts found on Gilgo were buried. IIRC All bodies/parts found in 2010?2011 (Gilgo) were buried. I can't stop wondering the "when" of all these victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper