KY KY - Miya Tucker, 8-months, not found during welfare check, parents arrested for child abandonment & drug possession, Reynolds Station, 6 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will add my outrage to everybody else’s.

I have no reason to believe that these folks presented at the hospital at Miya’s birth as anything other than hardcore drug addicts, concerned only about themselves. Why huge red flags and swirling red siren lights weren’t picked up on by the hospital is baffling. They need to fix that problem immediately.
The real villains here though are the parents.
Those two probably couldn’t wait to get out. They probably were expecting that Miya wouldn’t be released to them, and were shocked and disappointed when she was. I’m thinking this precious girl was dead from neglect or outright abandonment pretty quickly. Her parents simply didn’t care.

Edit: typo

Still not 100% clear on when exactly the last time any reputable person saw the baby alive. April at the latest? She would’ve been 6 months at that time. Overall, I’m just questioning how long this innocent babe has actually been gone.
Especially since all the people in her life it seems were probably helping the parents evade social workers to avoid having Miya taken away. And those people were on drugs too. Someone will talk. It's just a matter of time and who gets offered a better plea deal unfortunately. All the family in that baby's life are responsible for her missing especially since I think a lot of her family knew about their drug issues and did nothing to protect that baby.

Good find. Yes, the group is involved in tires. 2021, they had this on FB H&L Gr88 Used Tires Log into Facebook
Cage Rudd has a FB page that is titled "Cage Bestusedtires" It is empty, except for an image of a tattoo being done. On another of his FB pages, he mentions Best Used Tires in multiple posts, 2023 and 2024. He has a collection of photos of infant soon after birth (in hospital next to hospital bed). So CR may be part of the Best Used Tires on google map that is located near the recent cadaver dog search.

Owensboro Times, Local media's extensive timeline. I have not seen a lot of these details anywhere else. Too much to quote, very worth reading. The details of why BJ Rudd (paternal grandmother) had a warrant are here (she beat up someone she'd been seeing romantically for some months, sent him to the hospital).

Oh dear..... Maternal grandmother and another man have been arrested. Names not released, and the charges are not drug related or Miya related. Outstanding warrants from other areas. Miya's siblings are in the process of being moved to a better location.

Oh dear..... Maternal grandmother and another man have been arrested. Names not released, and the charges are not drug related or Miya related. Outstanding warrants from other areas. Miya's siblings are in the process of being moved to a better location.

My word! Now ALL grandparents and parents are incarcerated. What a darn mess! And now the 3 kids that were in maternal grandmother’s care are where? Can no one from this family get their act together? These stories are heartbreaking for the innocent children and maddening because of the adults. Yet again, it’s a cycle. Tesla and Cage grew up with these people and now look where they are. The grandchildren are in my thoughts and I hope someone responsible is involved in their lives.

People can be addicted to drugs prior to learning of pregnancy and make the right choices to become good parents despite their pasts.
Absolutely true, but not in this case. Now its too late. Even if one or the other was not directly responsible, both should be charged with felony neglect and failure to protect, among other things.

But you’re right we shouldn’t paint with such a broad brush.

as to the bolded, why then did they ever let the parents leave the hospital with Miya if they were "planning" to remove Miya? How much planning is needed? Don't let her leave the hospital and there is no need to remove her from anything! grrr.

the parents couldn't have hid Miya from authorities by staying on the move if the authorities simply had never let her leave the hospital with these parents!

stuff like this makes me angry.
What i got from the article- staff moved them from the delivery room to a room on the maternity floor. Right after that, they booked it out if the hospital, knowing what was coming. MOO

Hospital notified CPS, but they could never find them. If anything, they should have kept Miya in the nursery and made sure Mom was supervised around her. How sad is it that didn’t happen? Such a simple protocol would have saved her life.

My word! Now ALL grandparents and parents are incarcerated. What a darn mess! And now the 3 kids that were in maternal grandmother’s care are where? Can no one from this family get their act together? These stories are heartbreaking for the innocent children and maddening because of the adults. Yet again, it’s a cycle. Tesla and Cage grew up with these people and now look where they are. The grandchildren are in my thoughts and I hope someone responsible is involved in their lives.
I wonder if LE is putting the pressure on everyone to fess up about Miya.

jmo

I wonder if LE is putting the pressure on everyone to fess up about Miya.

jmo

Seems like that. Also having the kids out of the family home means that they might be able to interview the kids about the baby and interactions they had with her. Tragedy for all of these kids. We also know that the drug problem in this area is epidemic so all of this upheaval will increase the risk that these kids, like many others, will be vulnerable to join the business that their parents conduct.

Seems like that. Also having the kids out of the family home means that they might be able to interview the kids about the baby and interactions they had with her. Tragedy for all of these kids. We also know that the drug problem in this area is epidemic so all of this upheaval will increase the risk that these kids, like many others, will be vulnerable to join the business that their parents conduct.
Good point about asking the kids. Was baby Miya there for Christmas? Valentines Day? Easter?

jmo

What i got from the article- staff moved them from the delivery room to a room on the maternity floor. Right after that, they booked it out if the hospital, knowing what was coming. MOO

Hospital notified CPS, but they could never find them. If anything, they should have kept Miya in the nursery and made sure Mom was supervised around her. How sad is it that didn’t happen? Such a simple protocol would have saved her life.
What happened to using the security bracelets so you can’t leave with a child from the hospital without being discharged first? TBH I am a recovering addict and this was protocol when I had my child, but I believe it is protocol for EVERYONE so that no one can leave with the hospital with a baby until they take the bracelet off when your discharged. It may not be like this everywhere but I live in Kentucky as well. This case makes me so mad because I’ve seen first hand the preventative measures that are put in place to keep things like this from happening. I tested positive when I had one of my children and I couldn’t leave the hospital with my child until I had someone willing to “supervise” me at all times. Which at the time meant I had to move in with my mom who then became my supervisor. If I didn’t have anyone to be that supervisor then the baby would be placed in foster care until I got clean. In this particular case if they had done that to Tesla when she had this precious little girl then the baby would still be alive. My heart hurts for these poor children. MOO.

I have to wonder how hard CPS really tried to find / remove this baby. I work in healthcare and at one point we had a child in for IV antibiotics due to medical neglect… CPS went to the house before we could discharge her, the parents refused to let CPS into the house. CPS allowed them to take her home anyway.

What happened to using the security bracelets so you can’t leave with a child from the hospital without being discharged first? TBH I am a recovering addict and this was protocol when I had my child, but I believe it is protocol for EVERYONE so that no one can leave with the hospital with a baby until they take the bracelet off when your discharged. It may not be like this everywhere but I live in Kentucky as well. This case makes me so mad because I’ve seen first hand the preventative measures that are put in place to keep things like this from happening. I tested positive when I had one of my children and I couldn’t leave the hospital with my child until I had someone willing to “supervise” me at all times. Which at the time meant I had to move in with my mom who then became my supervisor. If I didn’t have anyone to be that supervisor then the baby would be placed in foster care until I got clean. In this particular case if they had done that to Tesla when she had this precious little girl then the baby would still be alive. My heart hurts for these poor children. MOO.
Thank you for your courage to share your story and highlighting that people with substance abuse issues can get clean and can still do the right thing while they are making the journey.

Bravo to you and wishing you continued success!

The other three kids had been removed a while ago. I’m basing this on comments from family members I’ve read. Not sure if mom/dad were allowed access?

Article must have been updated as it now includes both names.

"Taletha D. Tucker, 50, was charged with fugitive from another state for a warrant from Indiana. David Tucker, 53, was arrested for a non-payment warrant issued in Daviess County. Both were lodged in the Daviess County Detention Center."

Thank you for your courage to share your story and highlighting that people with substance abuse issues can get clean and can still do the right thing while they are making the journey.

Bravo to you and wishing you continued success!
I really really appreciate that. That means a lot to me. I am still working on getting my 9 year old back. But I have had two wonderful girls since I’ve been clean, a three year old and a 9 month old. My family won’t be complete until I have all 3 of my girls under the same roof though. Thats why this case hits me so hard. Although I couldn’t fathom doing anything like this family must have done, I do resonate with the similarities (addiction, 8 month old baby girl, living in Kentucky, testing positive at the hospital). My heart hurts for this poor baby and all her siblings. I pray that they can find peace and comfort in this cruel world. MOO.

I really really appreciate that. That means a lot to me. I am still working on getting my 9 year old back. But I have had two wonderful girls since I’ve been clean, a three year old and a 9 month old. My family won’t be complete until I have all 3 of my girls under the same roof though. Thats why this case hits me so hard. Although I couldn’t fathom doing anything like this family must have done, I do resonate with the similarities (addiction, 8 month old baby girl, living in Kentucky, testing positive at the hospital). My heart hurts for this poor baby and all her siblings. I pray that they can find peace and comfort in this cruel world. MOO.
Your honesty and willingness to share show how far you’ve come in your sobriety. With that kind of progress it won’t be long. Good job Mama!!!

I feel for Miya's siblings, I don't know what is going on with Telsa's maternal family but my heart breaks for the kids being upended lives further disrupted, theyve been through a lot it sounds like in their young lives. Wishing them love safety and support dealing with yet another change in their living arrangements.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back