Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #186

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is more believable to a jury?

Libby and Abby were killed in a pagan ritual in the middle of the day by white supremacist Odinists (who were investigated by LE and have proven alibis for being elsewhere at the time of the murders).

- Or -

The evidence against RA is weak, witnesses were confused, there were 2 sketches and multiple POI’s through the years.

Defense could make a great case for RA’s innocence. But they are not doing it. Why?

jmo
Won’t the Defense get to do both? They would be able to challenge the states evidence during cross on the prosecutions witnesses and then put up the 3rd party evidence during their own case in chief IMO

Won’t the Defense get to do both? They would be able to challenge the states evidence during cross on the prosecutions witnesses and then put up the 3rd party evidence during their own case in chief IMO
Yeah, I don't know why they'd have to choose. It's about creating reasonable doubt, and there's plenty of it it would seem.

IMO MOO

In real juris-world, Judges do NOT do give unclear orders re: transfers responding to subpoenas and/or misreport judicial decisions to Defense and Prosecution. One of these parties (Judge/LE) is obfuscating. Facts will be determined via testimony. There's no room here for excuse-making.
JMHO
There may or may not be testimony from all parties. I don't see the D being able to force the judge to be a witness here. They are doing a silly dance, IMO. Dancing around the real issues.

Maybe they will - but why? If I were on the jury, I’d wonder why they were pitching an elaborate alternate scheme instead of staying with actual evidence. If they can demonstrate that Rick wasn’t there, great! Showing me some sticks thrown over the bodies isn’t going to help me believe in Rick’s innocence nor believe that Odinists held a ritual on a Monday afternoon to murder 2 teens.

I expect prosecution to provide the motive for the murders at trial, and tie it to RA with proof - and it won’t be an Odinist ritual. I expect defense to argue why it cannot be RA. Defense adding in other false scenarios only convolutes their argument, and frankly, seems desperate. They should stay with their contention that RA wasn’t there, and it can’t be proven that he was there. As a juror, that might cause me to have reasonable doubt.

jmo

Well isn’t that some irony.
I was waiting for that---but there is a big difference between someone looking for attention, who was not on anyone's radar and was confessing to a major shocking crime

VS

someone who was already charged and arrested and incarcerated for that crime, and then confesses multiple times to multiple people

I was waiting for that---but there is a big difference between someone looking for attention, who was not on anyone's radar and was confessing to a major shocking crime

VS

someone who was already charged and arrested and incarcerated for that crime, and then confesses multiple times to multiple people
Per the Franks, He told the FBI agent who was dropping him off at his house after he was interrogated for this murder that his DNA would be on the girls and told two of his sisters (who also told the cops) intimate details of this crime scene that were incredibly unique before it was ever released to the public. He was very much on their radar. Enough that Click asked for a warrant to search his house (per the March 18 transcript) but UC just never came through. I find that confession far more compelling. All MOO

Last edited:
Oooo she's a tough judge, she doesn't like kerfuffles ;)
Ok, Judge Judy. If Judge Judy called one of the people in her court a ding dong, would the opposition all start raising he-- to be referred to as ding dongs as well? Like ding dong equal time?

What kind of reputable attorney actually starts trying to make a legal issue out of someone being referred to as a "ding dong"???

Per the Franks, He told the FBI agent who was dropping him off at his house after he was interrogated for this murder that his DNA would be on the girls and told two of his sisters (who also told the cops) intimate details of this crime scene that were incredibly unique before it was ever released to the public. He was very much on their radar. Enough that Click asked for a warrant to search his house (per the March 18 transcript) but UC just never came through. I find that confession far more compelling. All MOO
We’d be in a different place had his DNA been where he said he left it. Can’t believe they didn’t check. If it matches, he’s it. But he’s not it. There was nothing to match, or there was something, but it didn’t match.

The aim of the D's latest show is completely transparent: to get the old warhorse-- because she is fair and she is professional, which for them will be a loss-- out of "their" court. And if this doesn't finally convince you that the D believes it's their court, nothing will. It's theirs, and they make it accessible to YouTubers through their documents at will. Their documents are arguably even tailored to YouTubers and the general public (and it shows).

From article dated Nov 16 2023: "In documents unsealed on Thursday, Baston was subpoenaed to court to testify on behalf of Allen. He wrote a response, also released Thursday, saying he would not be coming to court because of 'fear for my life.'...In his response to the subpoena, Baston says 'corrupt sergeants' began abusing him following the first letter he sent to the court — including having his foot and ankle broken by being slammed to the ground....Baston finishes his letter stating, 'until this court can protect me and other inmates at Westville’s restrictive housing unit and report the excessive use of force assaults, abuse, mistreatment, torture and retaliation from corrupt Indiana Department of Corrections staff/officers, then I do not feel safe to testify.'"

The sheriff's office did not press it, claiming JG had said it was ok to leave Baston there. Source: "In a May 31, 2024, order, Gull wrote that the 'decision by the Deputy to leave without the witness was his and was not directed by the Court.'” Failure to comply with a subpoena is contempt on the part of the individual who refused to comply. There's a hearing, the non-compliant gets to explain himself, and the court or agency has broad discretion to determine an appropriate punishment given the circumstances presented. I have no doubt this issue would have been more fully dealt with sooner had it not been for the D's unfortunate and catastrophic document leak fiasco occurring around the same time. Not having that leak occur undoubtedly would also have freed up more time for the D to help their client work through the crisis they're saying he has been dealing with.

Whatever the outcome with the judge in this situation, the issue this D has isn't going to go away because they don't have a problem with Judge Gull. They have a problem with a judge they can't control, and judges by definition shouldn't be controlled by either party to the conflict.

This case has been made into many things by this D. It has been "all about Odinism," even though there is not proof to substantiate Odinism as any factor whatsoever. This case has been "all about" unconstitutional searches, it has been "all about" conflicts around religious liberty. "Ding dong" verbiage is now pushed into center stage. This case has been at points "all about" conditions for prison inmates, which is definitely an issue worthy of attention. But D's most immediate and pressing opportunity to advance prison rights was to make sure their client was acquitted and didn't have to spend the rest of his life there.

This case is about rights. It's about Richard Allen's rights-- but not exclusively. The rights it's most directly about are the rights of two little kids to go out on a trail one day and come home. Please show us why RA is not BG. Please show us why we should doubt he's BG. If you can't, please stop pouring salt in the wounds of people who have suffered enough already, and the issue at hand is whether that suffering was inflicted by your own client.

You know, I'd apologize for the length of this post, but considering the D produced a fifth-grade level 136 page book on Odinism that ultimately has no bearing on their client's guilt or innocence, I'm not apologizing.
Bravo!

Abby Williams would have been, should have been, 21 years old today.

View attachment 512478

View attachment 512477
Hard to believe. 21.

Abby should be with us today and we shouldn’t be talking about RA, Defence Lawyers, Odinists, SODDI, SCOIN, Evidence Leaks, Ding Dongs, bathroom breaks, etc.

In a perfect world, we should be celebrating Abby’s 21st Birthday. A milestone. A new beginning. No longer a young girl, but a woman. Who would she be? What would’ve been her plans? Proms and Graduations missed, boyfriends, college, weddings, children? All of it gone.

So incredibly sad to see this very special birthday overshadowed by the events of the last several years.

It has long ceased to be about Abby and Libby.

The turn this case has taken sickens me. All of it.

Happy Birthday Abby!

#justiceforabbyandlibby

Hard to believe. 21.

Abby should be with us today and we shouldn’t be talking about RA, Defence Lawyers, Odinists, SODDI, SCOIN, Evidence Leaks, Ding Dongs, bathroom breaks, etc.

In a perfect world, we should be celebrating Abby’s 21st Birthday. A milestone. A new beginning. No longer a young girl, but a woman. Who would she be? What would’ve been her plans? Proms and Graduations missed, boyfriends, college, weddings, children? All of it gone.

So incredibly sad to see this very special birthday overshadowed by the events of the last several years.

It has long ceased to be about Abby and Libby.

The turn this case has taken sickens me. All of it.

Happy Birthday Abby!

#justiceforabbyandlibby

Yes, justice to the victims. May they RIP. Very sorry for the parents, especially the moms.

This case goes down in history as the example of how not to conduct murder cases investigations. All from top to bottom. In facts, it probably should be included into textbooks as the example of “mistakes to avoid.”

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Some excerpts:

Allen’s attorney acknowledged the confessions, saying Allen had made “incriminating statements” while at Westville Correctional Facility. He also claimed those statements should not be trusted because of his client’s mental state.

During the first half of the hearing on Thursday, the defense called four witnesses to the stand to give their testimony of Allen’s current conditions and the possibility of moving him to Cass County: Chief Deputy Tobe Leazenby with the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, Max Baker, an intern for attorney Bradley Rozzi’s office, Gary Lewis from Westville Correctional Facility and Cass County Sheriff Ed Shroder.

Galipeau testified to Allen’s conditions at the Westville Correctional Facility.

He explained that while it was evident that Allen had lost weight, he had been eating, showering and utilizing recreation time at the prison.

Allen is housed in A-pod, according to Galipeau, which is the same cell he has been in since the day he arrived at the facility. That cell was described as being 12’ by 8.5’ and is in the segregated, maximum-security section of the prison.

Because of his location, Allen has been on watch since the day he arrived and due to his additional ‘suicide watch’ status, he has 24-hour surveillance video (without audio), according to Galipeau. He is also on companion watch, which means that someone – either an inmate or a guard – stands outside of his cell 24 hours per day.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a hearing on June 15, 2023 where the Westville prison conditions were discussed. He is now in Wabash Valley.

Sounds like quite the hearing. I see no torture, lasering or such things mentioned. I sure wish the transcript for the June 15, 2023 hearing was available. I've tried looking but cannot find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay