10/28/11 Private Investigator Returns, Baby Lisas Family Leaves

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no idea why they haven't seen these boys so judging whether or not they do or do not deserve to see them seems premature....IMO

Well, we do know that the mother of Jeremy's son lost custody in the court system. She didn't "deserve" custody back then, and hasn't received it by any efforts of her own since.

I don't think it's premature to say she's probably not the best person to raise this boy.

I bet they are just going somewhere not too far and private so the boys can have Halloween and trick or treat and be kids.

That would really be nice, but that would mean that DB cares about someone other than herself. I know that's pretty snarky, but IMO DB has been lying throughout this ordeal to save her own backside.

It's bloody disgusting the whole thing. I have bile in my mouth as I read what's been going on. First of all there is no concrete proof that these people did anything to Lisa or made her disappear, oh yes there's a lot of speculation and disparate bits of 'evidence' and a disatrous PR circus that are all being cobbled together and make it look like they did. Maybe they did but until such time as LE see fit to make an arrest or announce they are POIs then surely human decency demands that people at least give them some benefit of the doubt and take a step back for the sake of their other children if nothing else.

They left their home and took refuge with family and now have the media camped outside there, they have people on the internet demanding they talk, search, confess, have their other children taken away, nitpicking every little thing they do and say, demanding they do this, demanding they do that. Then they have people turning up unannounced at their door, sure they're well-meaning or sympathetic because they went through the same thing and want to help but, if they are feeling aggrieved because they are turned away, they have no one to blame but themselves for trying to insert themselves into this family's situation uninvited. And doing so in the full spotlight of the media smacks to me of self-serving publicity seeking. Want to know who their lawyer is? Gimme a break. It's all over the media who their lawyer is. Contact him and if you still don't get a response then too bad, deal with it, they don't want your help right now.

Then we have reporters taking pictures of their other minor kids going to and from their school? The school they usually attend and kept there clearly in an effort to maintain at least some semblance of normalcy in their young lives at a time when they must be as bewildered as heck.

What next? The same mobs of nutjobs who picketed the Anthonys' home and Terri Horman's parents' home descending on them?

I don't for one second blame them for getting out and, more importantly, getting their kids out. I don't care if they went to Disney or the Bahamas or Shangri-La - fact is the adults can take care of themselves but those children at the very least need to be protected and away from all this and for those who would say they need to be taken away from the parents I'd say, unless there is some proof of abuse or neglect or endangerment, that's the last thing they need right now.

Thank you so very much for saying something so sensible.

Not trying to be harsh here, but I really believe it's time for this community to do whatever it takes to recover this child's body. There isn't going to be a happy ending here, and without a body, there is never going to be justice for this child either.

All just my opinion.
Has the community done any searches? I know if I lived around there I would be looking around the river.

but DB said she followed similar cases....and this was pretty high profile was it not? so she would know who she is?

just a thought

JMO MOO!!
She would have been very young when this happened. Not many young people I know follow the news at all. She very well could have not been in the area when this happened also. There are may people who live in the area even who don't know who TP is.

Has the community done any searches? I know if I lived around there I would be looking around the river.

From what I've seen from TV accounts, there has been very little searching of the river area, and the river is only a 1.5 minute drive from the Irwin house. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We have a thread for Tina Porter. I'm guilty too about going off topic thread. Sorry.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152903"]Tina Porter Offers Support To Baby Lisa's Parents - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It's bloody disgusting the whole thing. I have bile in my mouth as I read what's been going on. First of all there is no concrete proof that these people did anything to Lisa or made her disappear, oh yes there's a lot of speculation and disparate bits of 'evidence' and a disatrous PR circus that are all being cobbled together and make it look like they did. Maybe they did but until such time as LE see fit to make an arrest or announce they are POIs then surely human decency demands that people at least give them some benefit of the doubt and take a step back for the sake of their other children if nothing else.

They left their home and took refuge with family and now have the media camped outside there, they have people on the internet demanding they talk, search, confess, have their other children taken away, nitpicking every little thing they do and say, demanding they do this, demanding they do that. Then they have people turning up unannounced at their door, sure they're well-meaning or sympathetic because they went through the same thing and want to help but, if they are feeling aggrieved because they are turned away, they have no one to blame but themselves for trying to insert themselves into this family's situation uninvited. And doing so in the full spotlight of the media smacks to me of self-serving publicity seeking. Want to know who their lawyer is? Gimme a break. It's all over the media who their lawyer is. Contact him and if you still don't get a response then too bad, deal with it, they don't want your help right now.

Then we have reporters taking pictures of their other minor kids going to and from their school? The school they usually attend and kept there clearly in an effort to maintain at least some semblance of normalcy in their young lives at a time when they must be as bewildered as heck.

What next? The same mobs of nutjobs who picketed the Anthonys' home and Terri Horman's parents' home descending on them?

I don't for one second blame them for getting out and, more importantly, getting their kids out. I don't care if they went to Disney or the Bahamas or Shangri-La - fact is the adults can take care of themselves but those children at the very least need to be protected and away from all this and for those who would say they need to be taken away from the parents I'd say, unless there is some proof of abuse or neglect or endangerment, that's the last thing they need right now.

Human decency demands that parents care for their children, cooperate with LE and do what is necessary to find a missing child. And their own behavior is damaging their other children as well. Maybe a remedial course in "human decency 101" would help them understand this. Then they would receive support rather than scrutiny. You get what you give...

I bet they are just going somewhere not too far and private so the boys can have Halloween and trick or treat and be kids.

I like this idea..people tend to read into things a bit much..I'd be real happy to hear the kids got to be kids.

I will say I'm a little surprised nobody followed? No media or anything?

I really do respect your opinion, but a mother that is black out drunk really isn't providing a safe environment for her kids, and it IS cause for taking children away. I say that because I am a recovering alcoholic and know several people who HAVE had their children taken away. I feel very sorry for the little boys, they must be confused and scared. I also know what it's like to grow up with drinking parents. This is not something the media caused, it is something the Mom caused by not being capable of knowing what was going on in her own home. Had she been sober, maybe she would have seen or heard the person come in, I am not accusing her, and I have no idea what happened here, it just makes her less credible to the general public.

She would have been very young when this happened. Not many young people I know follow the news at all. She very well could have not been in the area when this happened also. There are may people who live in the area even who don't know who TP is.

I was very familiar with this case because of professional ties with Daniel, but I don't remember it being very prominent in the local media, do you?

I follow cases like that kind of obsessively, and I don't think I've ever heard the name Tina Porter before. Or I've forgotten.

If someone named Tina Porter kept trying to contact me even though I'm not responding to her requests, I'd think she was a stalker too. I'm sorry for the tragedy that happened to her, but her name is not a household name.

This is the most sensible post I've seen on this thread so far. Thank you!! These boys are pretty young, they wouldn't have a clue how to handle all this media circus. The parents should be applauded for trying to protect them and giving them some kind of normalcy.
When I saw that clip of the boys with their backpacks on, I was furious. The media should be ashamed for putting that out in the public!!

I really do respect your opinion, but a mother that is black out drunk really isn't providing a safe environment for her kids, and it IS cause for taking children away. I say that because I am a recovering alcoholic and know several people who HAVE had their children taken away. I feel very sorry for the little boys, they must be confused and scared. I also know what it's like to grow up with drinking parents. This is not something the media caused, it is something the Mom caused by not being capable of knowing what was going on in her own home. Had she been sober, maybe she would have seen or heard the person come in, I am not accusing her, and I have no idea what happened here, it just makes her less credible to the general public.

First I applaud your courage in admitting to your own dependency issues here and congratulate you on your strength in overcoming them - you have my utmost admiration and respect.

I have addressed the topic in responses to other posters along the same lines and you'll see that in NO way am I condoning getting blackout drunk in charge of kids.

All we're missing is the LE presser where they state that Deborah holds the key. :tsktsk:

Regarding their relationship with local media and LE-- it's clear to me they signed a contract or two with national media networks, they made their bed, a decision I vehemently disagree with-- especially to the exclusion of cooperating in the investigation. They get no sympathy from me when all they have to do is change their own behavior/choices.

MOO

This is the most sensible post I've seen on this thread so far. Thank you!! These boys are pretty young, they wouldn't have a clue how to handle all this media circus. The parents should be applauded for trying to protect them and giving them some kind of normalcy.
When I saw that clip of the boys with their backpacks on, I was furious. The media should be ashamed for putting that out in the public!!

I respect your opinion too, however the night this all happened she wasn't protecting the boys or the baby. I'm furious that people don't seem to understand that by being blackout drunk anything can happen, and it did that night. What happened? I have no clue.

Well, I don't agree that the community should do whatever it takes. I get this horrible image of pitchforks and houses burning to the ground.

I watch too many movies.

(Sorry to bring up a quote so far back, but I had to run to the vet and am just now seeing this.)

You're right, "whatever it takes" probably was a poor choice of words. For what it's worth, I wasn't even thinking in terms of the family. In fact, to be honest, I think everyone except LE would be wise to ignore the family altogether.

I guess the whole point of my post was just to express frustration with so many cases that can't be successfully prosecuted because the person who committed the crime was able to conceal the body long enough that a cause of death couldn't be determine.

Not a well thought out post, to be sure. :blushing:

The way the river is here, to search the banks, you pretty much have to do it by water. The banks around this area are VERY unstable naturally and more so now from the recent major flooding. I have seen boats on the water almost every time I have crossed the river lately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin
Back