100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have premeditation facts and ideas for Juan. hahaha No seriously.

Ryan Burns states the trip had been planned two weeks in advance.

The grandparents' home was broken into and a gun was stolen (actually, the glass was on the OUTSIDE of the house indicating the window had been broken out from the inside of the house.

There was a post on TA's myspace that you can only see if you get the cached version. It was this from Marie A:
May 31 2008 8:45PM
It's on first week of June!

I wonder if this angered JA?

CORRECTION: they DID ask one question. 'WHERE'S THE DESSERT LADY?"
Actually they did ask a question about the heart shaped sticker, during testimony (which tells me they were discussing case when they weren't supposed to be) and didn't ask any questions during deliberations or ask to see one piece of evidence. If this jury doesn't take their notebooks with them to deliberate, we should be worried, but I doubt that will happen.

Well... I can safely say that DSLR cameras don't roll or bounce when they are dropped or they fall. My cat felt it prudent to conduct her own experiment for us with my Nikon D7000 this morning, by accidentally pulling it out of the niche above the mantle when she misjudged a jump and caught the strap w/ her claw. It landed on the tile hearth with a resounding thud. *sigh*.

Looks like they got a late start.
WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial
Juan Martinez and Det. Flores have gone into the room by my seat to review the first batch of questions. #JodiArias
I don't think it will take Juan all that long on the questions....I think the DT will be the ones with the objections....MO

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial

I don't think the live stream will start until 1pm. She is hearing other cases all morn as attorneys review questions. #JodiArias

The jury asked Detective Flores the most random stuff.
"Did you check the roommates alibis?"

I hope they've written down some BETTER questions this time, lol.
But I'm not worried.
We have DAYS to go in this trial, no point in freaking out this early.

I'm a little surprised the jury has any questions to ask evilsnake JA. I've always believed if you know a person lies why ask them a question.

She goes through the necessary steps to delete at least three photos after the murder, then goes downstairs with the camera in hand and tosses it in the washing machine. And she forgets that? Amazing if the jury buys that.

Jodi was remarkably organized for someone in a fog. She managed to get rid of most if not all of the damning evidence. Even took time to delete the pictures, put the knife in the dishwasher, take the load from the washer to put in the dryer and then add the load for the washer. She managed to drag Travis' body and put it in the shower, wash him off, pick up the gun, the camera, the knife, the rope (all of it even though she claimed she did not know what he did with the piece he cut off and, oh yes, re-remembered he put it beside the bed), wash herself off because she left no trail of blood on the way out the door. It also struck me that while she was still in the house Travis' phone rang for the conference call he was suppose to be on. I can't help but wonder they tried more than once to call him but it never snapped her out of her fog. She truly is "Wonder Woman" in a nutshell. jmo

No. You can't just willfully "block" memories out to the point of actual amnesia. Though many of us WISH we could.

Who said anything about willfully?

It's true that particularly traumatic memories can become "blocked" and difficult if not impossible to recall. I think she really can't recall all the gruesome details and is manipulating and milking that to her advantage.

I saw a video snippet of Sky Hughes saying she'd asked Travis not to bring Jodi around their children any more due to her inappropriate conduct, such as "sucking on his ear" and something else I don't remember.

Yeah, she basically said JA was always "all over him," trying to sit in his lap and biting his ear, etc. That would embarrass me too, as a host.

One thing the judge could do to show how fair she is.....admonish Jodi A's. mother and aunt to stop laughing and making giggly jokes about the victims sisters and other family members. If the victims family are to sit and show no facial expression....then do the same to those 2! Yesterdays antics were sickening.....ignored by the defense team fawning judge! :furious:

download UStream, search for azfamily.com, select the first icon, and you should be there

A million thanks! I have a dr appt and know I'll be sitting in the waiting room foreva!

I haven't followed this case for very long. Just heard Jodi on the stand. So if this has been hashed out a long time ago. I am sorry to ask it again. Why would Jodi steal a gun if she meant to stab him first? That would seem to me she meant to shoot him. If she was playing out his story in the video, then he would have to be alive when she pulled out the gun.

Many of us believe she did shoot him first, but it didn't kill him right away and the gun jammed. So she began stabbing, sternly commanding him to shut p and die. This version matches best her second story of the ninja intruders which I think she created to try to math the forensics and any nieghbors who lift have heard something. Also, people who lie often interject a bit of truth into their lies. Finally, the gun shot trajectory matches Travis sitting in the shower facing out, as he was in the last photo of him. It doesn't match how he was found, stuffed back in the shower, with his head wound facing away from the shower door.

But if she did stab him first after intending to shoot him, many things could have caused that to happen. Perhaps she felt she had to act suddenly and all she had at hand was the knife. Maybe he told her to leave before she had time to grab the gun but she has the knife on her. Maybe she tried to shoot him first but the gun jammed and so she had to start stabbing and when she was finished, she coldly fixed the jam and decided to put a bullet in his brain for good measure.

But it wasn't a corner like normal people think of. The 'corner' in Arias's mind was her not getting her way with Travis and the knowledge that Travis could ruin her chances of hooking up with another Mormon guy on his way to the good life by exposing Jodi for the psychopath she is.

Yes, I should have clarified further in my post that she wasn't literally backed into a corner by him, not physically anyway. In her mind, though, she knew whatever they had was over and whatever he had on her that he was threatening to expose would potentially ruin her reputation. So, in her mind, she was backed into a corner and felt he had left her no choice.

What is TA's family involvement in the question review process? Do they have some sort of input or is it more of a head's up thing?

Does anyone understand their role?

I believe its more of a head-up thing, like JM said yesterday he has a duty to the next of kin. I believe its just so they can prepare themselves as to what to expect.

Hello everyone!

I had to work the past couple of days and haven't been able to watch much of the trial or read here. Since we're killing time, I have a question that I'm sure has been discussed repeatedly. Why in the world did she add a holster to her latest story? Is it because her grandfather didn't have a holster for his gun, so ergo, it couldn't have been his gun??:waitasec:

I was thinking about her finger story and something occurred to me. Didn't she say that he used popsicle sticks to splint it, or did I make that up? If that was her story, where in the heck did he get popsicle sticks? Did they have to eat some popsicles first or did Travis, a grown man, just happen to have on hand those popsicle sticks that kids use to make crafts ?? That would be my juror question to JA! :floorlaugh: Just one of the many silly things that have crossed my mind. :seeya:

ITA!! Same with the marriage proposal.It never happened. NG made an excellent point the other night. If the cinnabon story actually happened,then TA was a really romantic guy. Romantic men don't ask you to marry them over the phone. The proposal and baby names are just lies to cover for the fact she was stalking him and he wanted nothing to do with her.

marriage proposals and baby names are positive. why didn't they make the journal?

did she write it on a torn out page where she practiced writing 'mrs. travis alexander' 300 times? with hearts over the i's?

I would love to see pictures from that closet where she claims the gun was. Juan seemed to want her to describe in detail exactly where the gun was and how she was able to just grab it. It's as if he already knows what the closet looks like. jmo

Yes... as far as the gun/gunshot is concerned (that detectives didn't ever bother to look for).

But, I disagree with the ME Dr. Horn? I believe he was shot first at the last shower pic of Travis' face.

Question: If she premeditated this, why didn't she keep his camera as a trophy? and say it was "stolen".

Why would Jodi steal a gun if she meant to stab him first? That would seem to me she meant to shoot him. If she was playing out his story in the video, then he would have to be alive when she pulled out the gun.

I think so too. I bet it is at this time she is losing it and unleashing a verbal rage on him about him taking Mimi to Cancun, about feeling hurt, angry and jealous that he doesn't want HER to be his only girlfriend, how much she loves him...yada yada.. He didn't give in so she killed him. I think it was premeditated that if he didn't commit to her he was going to be a dead ex. No one can have him if she can't. The final showdown.
This is why I believe the gun came first. She would not just kill him without having an opportunity to 'let it all out', to make him listen to her rant and rage. The gun would have afforded her this opportunity, the knife would not have. He would have jumped out of that shower and kicked some butt. There is no way she just silently stabbed him in the heart with his eyes closed without having her say first. If his eyes were open and he saw it coming I believe he still could have defended himself from the blow, even in a sitting position. She sure didn't get to have her say by pointing a knife at him. He would have easily overcome her.

I don't see Jodi unleashing any verbal tirade until after she successfully planted that knife in his chest. She didn't want him on his guard at all. She got him to sit down on the shower floor and probably directed him to look up and away while she plunged the blade in the first time. I can imagine when he had the strength and will to live after she had thought he would be crumpled up dead in the shower (just like in the movies) she probably cursed him for everything including his refusal to lay down and die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member