100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to run out and get a copy of the book due out today !!! It's the sequel to 100 Places To See Before You Die.
It's titled
100 Questions to Answer Before You Die :giggle:

Home today due to sinus infection and bronchitis, and am very happy that I don't have to deal with Nurmi droning on and on. Jury questions should tell us a lot! I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear them, and to hear her answers.

I wanted to address something else regarding the WM gas can. Normally, if we want to look up a transaction, we can only look up the transaction from the store it was purchased at. For instance, if she had purchased the can at my store, I could look up the transaction there, but not if she had purchased it at a different store. The more information provided - date of purchase, credit/debit card number, UPC number, register or operator number, makes things much easier. Cash purchases are difficult to look up, but with enough information, it's not impossible. Now, this is in-store, and our LP (loss prevention) would be able to pull up video of the actual purchase and return.

If the in-store resources come up with nothing, I would imagine that WM corporate would be able to search their database and narrow it down, if they were asked to. Unfortunately, I don't know for sure.

I'm floored that my silly job is actually providing even a miniscule bit of info in such a huge case. It may not mean anything, but it's there :)

On to the jury questions!!!

Hope you feel better very soon! Those infections are not fun.

BBM

Does anyone know or can speculate why they think she washed him off? Maybe cause she was washing her DNA off also? This has always baffled me.:banghead:

Sperm if they had sex??????

We should have premeditation facts and ideas for Juan. hahaha No seriously.

Ryan Burns states the trip had been planned two weeks in advance.

The grandparents' home was broken into and a gun was stolen (actually, the glass was on the OUTSIDE of the house indicating the window had been broken out from the inside of the house.

There was a post on TA's myspace that you can only see if you get the cached version. It was this from Marie A:
May 31 2008 8:45PM
It's on first week of June!

I wonder if this angered JA?

'The grandparents' home was broken into and a gun was stolen (actually, the glass was on the OUTSIDE of the house indicating the window had been broken out from the inside of the house.'

What a moron. Sounds like those daffy ninjas are at it again but this time it's just straight out B and E. 'Cept they don't need to enter since they already live there.

marriage proposals and baby names are positive. why didn't they make the journal?

did she write it on a torn out page where she practiced writing 'mrs. travis alexander' 300 times? with hearts over the i's?

Good point, I hope that is a juror question!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Are JA's grandparents still alive? If so, have they made a court appearance in support of her?

Ouch!
Only in JA's head do things bounce and roll when dropped. I always felt like she is talking as if she is picturing these things in slow motion...
The camera that fell, bounced rolled and "came to a rest" by the tub?
or the pieces of paper that fell in the chaotic pattern.
As if its slow motion.

Yeah, sad day in our house! Definitely NOT slow motion! I was sitting right by the fireplace and still couldn't stop it. Poor camera.

And yes, you are right... I think she sees everything like it would read in a poorly written romance novel! . JA has a very vivid imagination apparently!

Nurmi asked Jodi if it was a secret what went on behind closed doors.

Isn't it a secret for most of us as to what goes on behind closed doors?

it's snowing here in the other Washington too!! :what:

You know that cold day in hell when Jodi thought she'd be convicted? I think it's coming.

Plus I'm wondering if God is gearing up for a good lightning strike toward the dear defendant.

It is physically impossible to happen the way she said. Primarily because she says he got angrier and more Violent "after" she shot him in the head.

Um, note to the kid, after you shoot anyone in the head, they first would fall over. There is a need to compose ones self after a bullet passes through the brain and lodges in your face. Even if it grazed over the surface of the head, a grazing wound would stop someone for a while.

Passing through the temple into the brain, out into the cheek would double him over for a while at least. Moans, screams, blood everywhere. Plenty of time for you to WALK downstairs, walk to the car, drive away.

Would he be able to pull himself up eventually on the sink, that is possible, in a daze just reaching for things to hold onto, trying to get himself help but certainly disoriented. Could he make it to a phone to call 911. I hope he could have, that is debatable. It's more likely he would crawl, make his way to the lower level and if he could muster up screaming, he might get someone's attention who is outside.

If she was defending herself, she could walk away. The Jury is asked if they believe a man became more violent and threatening "unarmed" naked, wet with a bullet in his head, that her standing there armed with a gun and knife could STILL not get away.

The answer clearly would be no. No he was not a threat. It is against the law then to continue to batter him.

I think it is highly likely we will have a hung jury,

Many of us believe she did shoot him first, but it didn't kill him right away and the gun jammed. So she began stabbing, sternly commanding him to shut p and die. This version matches best her second story of the ninja intruders which I think she created to try to math the forensics and any nieghbors who lift have heard something. Also, people who lie often interject a bit of truth into their lies. Finally, the gun shot trajectory matches Travis sitting in the shower facing out, as he was in the last photo of him. It doesn't match how he was found, stuffed back in the shower, with his head wound facing away from the shower door.

But if she did stab him first after intending to shoot him, many things could have caused that to happen. Perhaps she felt she had to act suddenly and all she had at hand was the knife. Maybe he told her to leave before she had time to grab the gun but she has the knife on her. Maybe she tried to shoot him first but the gun jammed and so she had to start stabbing and when she was finished, she coldly fixed the jam and decided to put a bullet in his brain for good measure.

I believe she was stooping down when he existed the shower and she dropped the camera and as he leaned over to pick up the camera she stabbed him in the chest. Remember Jodi said he spit on her and then she added as an afterthought that it could have been water. It could have been blood and he headed for the sink because I really do not think he knew what happened to him. It's possible she then started to stab him in the back and he tried to protect himself by turning around (defensive wounds on the hands) she ducked and got some of the sideways gashes on his stomach. After that he either fell or staggered down the hallway while she continued to stab him in the back and head. This would have fit within the timeline we see on the camera.

I think between all three stories we have an idea of how it happened to fit the forensic evidence. Funny how the video we saw last night about his near death encounter of having a gun held at his head for a long period of time does not match him going after her when he can see she is holding a gun in her hand. He proved by his very statement that he was able to maintain his "cool" during the whole ordeal. It just does not match what Jodi is telling us. Should be interesting. Looking forward to Juan's rebuttal. jmo

I haven't followed this case for very long. Just heard Jodi on the stand. So if this has been hashed out a long time ago. I am sorry to ask it again. Why would Jodi steal a gun if she meant to stab him first? That would seem to me she meant to shoot him. If she was playing out his story in the video, then he would have to be alive when she pulled out the gun.

I personally think she brought the gun for backup. It can't be easy to stab someone to death.

There was a very big possibility that she wouldn't have been able to overpower him and then he gets away and she is toast!

But that's just my take - there could be many others, and then of course there is HER truth which we will most likely never know.

I tend to think she shot him first. If I have it correctly, the shot was in the jaw-cheek area. Why not a better shot to the head if his throat was already cut? I agree she can add some truth to make her story fit and also in her mind say she is telling the truth.

The bullet, according to the ME, entered in the area of Travis' right temple and followed a downward trajectory to lodge in the left cheek. I find it hard to believe a moving target would be so easy to shoot in the temple. A stationary target on the other hand, piece of cake.

He was probably praying he would never see her again

HLN host just said, "Let's get real here. You're all following the Arias trial to hear all the salacious/sexual details." I started following the case to see justice for Travis and his family. I want to see HOW it could be self-defense. I NEVER WANTED TO HEAR THEIR SEX LIFE!!!

How disgusting and disrespectful to Travis. :banghead:

HLN host just said, "Let's get real here. You're all following the Arias trial to hear all the salacious/sexual details." I started following the case to see justice for Travis and his family. I want to see HOW it could be self-defense. I NEVER WANTED TO HEAR THEIR SEX LIFE!!!

yeah, he is full of it. I haven't, and won't, look at the naked photos. I haven't, and won't, listen to the sex tape. I am interested in the larger story of justice, and in the archetypes of the characters.

BBM

Does anyone know or can speculate why they think she washed him off? Maybe cause she was washing her DNA off also? This has always baffled me.:banghead:

I think Jodi bled all over Travis when she cut her fingers stabbing him, so she had to wash the DNA off. I cannot think of any other reason why she would drag him so far and stuff him in the shower.

The bullet, according to the ME, entered in the area of Travis' right temple and followed a downward trajectory to lodge in the left cheek. I find it hard to believe a moving target would be so easy to shoot in the temple. A stationary target on the other hand, piece of cake.

But was she aiming for the temple? She might have been aiming for the center of his head and he tried to turn away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member