100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep referring to the Scott Peterson trial but that's a good thing. :)

The media went so far as to say that the defense had basically won the case and that Scott Peterson would be found innocent.

Hung jury, mistrial, not guilty verdict...*yawn.* None of these things are applicable to this case. A first-degree guilty verdict it will be.

Jumping in here before we have more live action... I don't post much, mostly because by the time I get around to it someone else has expressed my thought or asked my question... I'm not an attorney, psychiatrist, psychologist, LE, or (most importantly??) psychic... but...

Having served on several juries over the years, I am applying the principles used in those deliberations to come up with the following, over simplified, points.

JA admits killing TA, and there is photographic and forensic evidence to prove this fact. It IS NOT reasonable to doubt this fact. So, this becomes a "fact" in my argument for conviction.

JA is a known and admitted liar. One of the few things she has said that I can truly believe is that she admits to lying. It is NOT reasonable to doubt that JA has lied, her stories have changed under oath on the witness stand. So this becomes a "fact" in my argument.

1) Her tales of an abusive relationship are uncorroborated, there is no proof other than her word that these things happened. Although everyone is different and will react to abuse differently, she exhibits none of the expected characteristics. Her actions, in fact, contradict that she was a victim of abuse. Remember, she is a known (and admitted) liar. It IS reasonable to doubt these claims;
2) The explanations of extra gasoline, using a rental car, and other machinizations for the trip make no sense. No reasonable person would do any of this, much less for the "reasons" she states. It IS reasonable to doubt that she did all of this for any purpose other than to hide her visit to Mesa (premeditation!)
3) "Inference" becomes important here. Inference is basically adding 2+2 to determine the result. Combine the theft of g-pa's gun under "strange circumstances", which happens to be of the same type used in the "killing"; all the "fog", convoluted circumstances of how the "killing" gun came to be where it supposedly was, JA herself and other people have stated that TA did not own a gun. Add it up, and reasonable people will get 2+2=4. It IS reasonable to doubt any scenario other than JA stole g-pa's untraceable gun for use in the killing (premeditation!).

Now, let's do the math: 1) TA died at JA's hand; 2) she had no reasonable claim to "self defense"; 3) the trip to Mesa was planned to be "under the radar"; 4) she brought the weapon(s) with her... <drumroll, please> . TA's death was premeditated murder.... 2+2=4

To avoid writing a mini-novel, I will stop at this and conclude with this: "Beyond reasonable doubt" doesn't mean "100% no doubt". It means "can a person reasonably believe what they are being told?" If the answer is "No", then we are beyond reasonable doubt. I can doubt that I will burn my hand if I put it on the burner, but I see the knob is in the "On" position, the burner is red-hot. Is my doubt reasonable? Would a reasonable person put their hand on the burner? I don't think so...

Yes, I have the advantage of more information than an actual juror in the courtroom, but people are convicted of crimes everyday. Keep your faith in the judicial system. It is not perfect, but it does work most of the time. One of the juries on which I served was for a rapist, the victims were effectively "raped" again and again by the defense. Still makes me ill 20+ years later.... Sickening, but not surprising to see the true victim, TA, vilified given the sexual aspects that have been the forefront of this defense...

I apologize if someone else has said this before and probably better, I try to read to avoid being redundant Sorry for the long post, hope it makes as much sense to others as it does to me (LOL!)...

Oh BRAVO Mr. W. We could have used you in Florida.

My smilies won't work so....CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

WildAboutTrial &#8207;@WildAboutTrial
Juan said he should be done in about 15-20 minutes with this 3rd batch of questions. #JodiArias

WildAboutTrial &#8207;@WildAboutTrial
Juan said he should be done in about 15-20 minutes with this 3rd batch of questions. #JodiArias

OT sorry guys but I'm nosey. Aren't you all suppossed to get 2 ft. of snow today? I feel for you if you are/have.
We have been lucky in Ky. Only an inch are so, and it's already starting to melt

Nah, only 5 to 8 inches. Nothing even close to that now. We've only had dustings of snow so far this winter so we've been lucky. Unfortunately, we are hovering at the 32 degree mark, so this means we could be in for the dreaded "wintry mix" which is a gazillion times worse than snow. It's hilly where I live, narrow streets, local gov'ts don't have money for lots of salt and sand, so ice is always a huge pain.

I'm a little surprised the jury has any questions to ask evilsnake JA. I've always believed if you know a person lies why ask them a question.

Same here, grammie. I am a bit Dum~Dumfounded that there are any questions at all. To me, all of JA's lies = circumstantial evidence of her GUILT.

Saw your question here and tried to find the answer but I can't at the moment. Will keep trying - didn't want you think you were being ignored!

Anybody?????

OH thank you :) my question was answered, thanks again.

I DO NOT like the fact that Arias and her attorneys will have time to think up lies - I mean answers to the juror's questions.
All other juror's questions were not discussed with Arias first. I want them to be answered off the cuff instead of giving her a chance to think about them.

Yes, I should have clarified further in my post that she wasn't literally backed into a corner by him, not physically anyway. In her mind, though, she knew whatever they had was over and whatever he had on her that he was threatening to expose would potentially ruin her reputation. So, in her mind, she was backed into a corner and felt he had left her no choice.

Agree. That gives us a glimpse into a psychopath's mind. When threatened with the potential to be exposed JA's one choice is to remove Travis. That shows how truly inconsequential human life is to Jodi Arias. Thank God she didn't reproduce.

Is court even in session today?

Yes, we get to hear jury questions today.

We will either begin around 11:00 Arizona time to hear objections to the questions, or because they got such a late start, we will begin 1:00.

People have been bringing over tweets from WildAboutTrial. They are in the courtroom and are keeping us posted.

No, not a Dr.

Travis' body was in the shower how many days? He even said that the brain was decomposed during the examination.

He is correct that the gun would have incapacitated him, but anything can happen and no one was there except Jodi.

Are you a physician? What would make you disagree with the ME? Not being snarky, but why do you think your theory trumps that over a medical professional?

Whenever I watch a crime show with my bf I always end up saying "God help us if you ever get put on a jury" because within the first 10 minutes he will make his pronouncement of guilt or innocence. Although now I think he just does it to watch me go ballistic on him. :)

My son studies criminology and plays radical defense attorney on me all day every day of this trial. When I go crazy he just smiles and tells me to relax. :floorlaugh:

And you think that because?

There's still more defence witnesses, a rebuttal, and closing arguements.

I think she will have sold her story to at least one juror, she gave the performance of a life time and I think she did enough to persuade one or more that it could have happened how she said it did

Just spoke with cousin in law who is a criminal defense attorney. He said "The questions the jury asks usually tell what they think of her defense. They may be offended when she doesn't answer them directly". Just thought I'd share his professional opinion.

I DO NOT like the fact that Arias and her attorneys will have time to think up lies - I mean answers to the juror's questions.
All other juror's questions were not discussed with Arias first. I want them to be answered off the cuff instead of giving her a chance to think about them.

If im correct, only her lawyer gets to here them (if there needs to be an objection), she doesnt....

Yes, we get to hear jury questions today.

We will either begin around 11:00 Arizona time to hear objections to the questions, or because they got such a late start, we will begin 1:00.

People have been bringing over tweets from WildAboutTrial. They are in the courtroom and are keeping us posted.

Has it started yet today?

all I am getting is the Seal!

TIA...:seeya:

No, not a Dr.

Travis' body was in the shower how many days? He even said that the brain was decomposed during the examination.

He is correct that the gun would have incapacitated him, but anything can happen and no one was there except Jodi.

he was in the shower 5 days

Unlike Jodi, I can admit I'm mistaken and thank you - both for your kindness and correcting me. :)

Yiddish is a great language and us Jews like to keep it alive -- to the extent we know it, anyway.

I knew you wouldn't take offense. And you're right, Jodi would be arguing with me, or telling everybody what a horrible person I am. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member