100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet JA is shaking like a Chihuahua right about now. lol.

I believe she was stooping down when he existed the shower and she dropped the camera and as he leaned over to pick up the camera she stabbed him in the chest. Remember Jodi said he spit on her and then she added as an afterthought that it could have been water. It could have been blood and he headed for the sink because I really do not think he knew what happened to him. It's possible she then started to stab him in the back and he tried to protect himself by turning around (defensive wounds on the hands) she ducked and got some of the sideways gashes on his stomach. After that he either fell or staggered down the hallway while she continued to stab him in the back and head. This would have fit within the timeline we see on the camera.

I think between all three stories we have an idea of how it happened to fit the forensic evidence. Funny how the video we saw last night about his near death encounter of having a gun held at his head for a long period of time does not match him going after her when he can see she is holding a gun in her hand. He proved by his very statement that he was able to maintain his "cool" during the whole ordeal. It just does not match what Jodi is telling us. Should be interesting. Looking forward to Juan's rebuttal. jmo

I think your scenerio is spot on. I think he went down that hallway to get away from her and try to get to safety or help or something.

Jumping in here before we have more live action... I don't post much, mostly because by the time I get around to it someone else has expressed my thought or asked my question... I'm not an attorney, psychiatrist, psychologist, LE, or (most importantly??) psychic... but...

<very, very respectfully snipped>

excellent post, MrW!!!

bbm.. wish you would post more; don't worry about redundancy, it tells me that people have similar ideas, and then we can expand upon them!

Don't kick me, but there were times during JA's testimony where for ONE SECOND I almost believed she WAS really sorry for killing him and hurting his family so much; but then she will go right back to the abuse/pedophilia hooey and I realize she is only sad and shedding actual tears about HER situation.

Truly, had I taken someone's life, especially someone I cared deeply about, I would need to take stock of Kleenex or Puffs because I'd not be able to stop crying throughout the trial. Not to mention begging forgiveness from the family.

Maybe everyone is making sure there is PLENTY of leeway with this (the judge; JM), so this nutjob never walks the streets again. Maybe her family is so stonefaced because even THEY are afraid of her. I know I would be if she were my family member.

By the way, and this is totally OT, but I'm Muslim and when someone is without a doubt guilty of murder, in Islam the judgement is left up to the FAMILY of the victim. If they want the killer to die, then death it is, no questions asked, no appeals, just death; if they opt to forgive the killer, the killer must then pay "blood money" to the family as compensation (and really.....no amount of money can ever make up for the loss of a loved one, but a family who opts for forgiveness is doing a HUGE thing for the killer - giving them what they did not give their loved one: life). Too bad in THIS case, Travis' family can't decide.

I have said this before. I think she was sorry alright. Sorry that in her mind TA MADE her kill him because he would not marry her and be her ticket to paradise. She cries for the "dream" she lost. That's all. Not for killing another human being.

because he's a lawyer who specializes in sex... he had to turn this around to "sex" otherwise he wouldn't have a clue how to try to defend a moral-less butcher claiming "self defence"

I like how he tried to turn an episode of sleep sex into "rape". Jodi herself countered Nurmi by saying that he was "groggy" and not fully aware of what he was doing. This tells me that Nurmi was fishing for ANYTHING that could be construed as "sexual abuse", even just one incident of sexomnia would do, but Jodi absolved Travis of any responsibility by invoking an actual medical condition. That must have frustrated Nurmi.

WildAboutTrial &#8207;@WildAboutTrial
I confirmed from Dennis that when the lawyers are ready we will start the live stream. Was scheduled for 11am MT. Will be late. #JodiArias

No, not a Dr.

Travis' body was in the shower how many days? He even said that the brain was decomposed during the examination.

He is correct that the gun would have incapacitated him, but anything can happen and no one was there except Jodi.

There still would have been evidence of bleeding in the brain. I believe there was not?

Nurmi and Willmott just entered the courtroom, looks like they are done. Juan and Flores are still working on the final batch #JodiArias

Beth reporting on HLN that the DT is already behind schedule in passing questions to the state. Seems to me they'd be ahead of schedule if the jury was believing JAs lie of carp.

Im bringing my post over from the closing thread to reply to Totally Obsessed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed
I actually think she snuck back upstairs and went THRU the closet, gun in hand and surprised him in the shower

I have also thought of that too. I still not convinced the shower pictures were done voluntarily either. She said the camera had a zoom and was really vague at times about the distance she was standing from the shower.

If the closet door was opened partially into the bathroom would she have a view of the shower?

IMO.

Yes, I'm with you...this is what I think also, there is a darker picture of him in shower and he looks out like he was startled...I believe that is when he saw her...

Along with question above, if the last two pics of him sitting and than looking into camera were accidental as she says, the shower door was closed, how would they have been reviewing pics before that and those are accidently taken before attack...the door would have been open right???

Nurmi and Willmott just entered the courtroom, looks like they are done. Juan and Flores are still working on the final batch #JodiArias

This is why I think he really was shot first. She tried to match the ninja story with what she thought they had as far as evidence. It had to match as close as possible without her doing it in order to be believable in her mind. I think the bullet got washed and rolled during the movements and her attempts to clean up. There was enough water poured on the floor to make it wick at least two inches up that box. I am thinking she couldn't find it in her haste after it rolled away from where she thought it would be or she thought she already grabbed it to toss away.

The shell casing couldn't have been ejected from the gun where she said she was standing and landed where it was found.
The chances of it being kicked to where it was found are slim to because the shell casing is very small.
It looks big in the photo but in real life it is quite small.
If it was kicked it would have rolled in blood or water so there would be some residue on it.There is none

Ouch!
Only in JA's head do things bounce and roll when dropped. I always felt like she is talking as if she is picturing these things in slow motion...
The camera that fell, bounced rolled and "came to a rest" by the tub?
or the pieces of paper that fell in the chaotic pattern.
As if its slow motion.

Like in the movies. It ain't real it's memorex.

I think your scenerio is spot on. I think he went down that hallway to get away from her and try to get to safety or help or something.

How does one explain the camera in the hallway?

Remember, the camera was not taking pictures upside down in the bathroom where she claims to have dropped the camera, but deep down in the hallway.

But was she aiming for the temple? She might have been aiming for the center of his head and he tried to turn away.

No idea...did you watch that you tube video Snowshuze posted near the end of the last thread where Travis is talking about a gun at his head - Jodi sprawled all over him like a leech ? He keeps pointing to his right temple, I think she paid attention...

I confirmed from Dennis that when the lawyers are ready we will start the live stream. Was scheduled for 11am MT. Will be late. #JodiArias

Oh that's great! Thanks.

Elizabeth Erwin &#8207;@elizabetherwin
Definitely starting late this morning, families in court, no judge or #jodiarias yet.

Why are the times off in the threads? It looks as if they have already switched to DST??? My clock says 1pm???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ