100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a physician and have had 30 years experience with head and neck injury.

In certain aspects I disagree with the ME in this case. The ME is a general pathologist. (?? Fellowship training in forensic pathology). He is not a neurosurgeon who treats gunshot wounds to the head. Therefore the ME is in NO position to opine about the clinical outcome of a single 25 caliber bullet to the anterior cranial fossa. This is strictly the purview of a neurosurgeon. PERIOD.

Secondly - as I recall - the autopsy report is "weak" in describing in precise anatomic detail how the bullet fragment/s exited the anterior cranial fossa and what direction the fragments traveled in the left infratemporal fossa. We assume the bullet fragment came to rest in TA left masticator space BUT how it got there, I am unsure based on the autopsy report.

The " bullet first theory" has a lot going for it EXCEPT for the final resting place of the casing. The discussion about hemorrhage at the entry wound, the leptomeninges, the right frontal lobe white and grey matter is simply NOT probative. The bullet missed the anterior cerebral artery, the supraclinoid carotid artery, the middle meningeal artery, and the superior sagittal sinus - all sources of luxuriant hemorrhage. The precise path through the right frontal lobe and right gyrus rectus is UNKNOWN. This is in part due to the liquefactive necrosis that occurs post mortem.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

I would like an experienced trauma neurosurgeon to weigh in on this matter.

I was going to say that but didnt want to show off....

Actually, good post

OMG, you all are so funny. thanks for giving me a few laughs before i head out to work, i needed them! esp. Steely Dan's video......

Rut roh someone messed up the sound during lunch.

I understand there is someone from WS who is present in the court room? If that's true, could she tells us the demographic breakdown of the jurors if it hasn't already been shared? Like...their gender then, ages?

Does the court know who specifically is asking which question or is it anonymous?

Thanks!!!

all that info is in the observations in courtroom thread

18 total, 11 men 7 women
6 random jurors will become alternates

I understand there is someone from WS who is present in the court room? If that's true, could she tells us the demographic breakdown of the jurors if it hasn't already been shared? Like...their gender then, ages?

Does the court know who specifically is asking which question or is it anonymous?

Thanks!!!

Anonymous. And Katie already gave us a bread down it's on the thread posted on the first pg of each thread.

OH NO technical difficulty

they're having techical difficulties with mics they are working on it per judge

No microphones in the courtroom. Figures - just gives Arial as Willmott a chance to go over Q&A AGAIN!

I'm ready , I'm ready, and just as excited as I was for Juan .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ