100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi LOVED today..she was just smitten with herself... She acted as if she was being interviewed by Oprah and was hoping to get her own reality show after this!

To have no record of her drive thru AZ. IMO

The Pasadena gas amounted to 8.7 gallons - to fill the car tank up.
9.7 gallons - to fill 2 "5" gallon gas cans.
Then she filled the 3rd gas can with 2.7 gallons. This gave her a full tank of gas in Pasadena and 12.7 gallon capacity in her trunk.
JA based on her drive from Redding CA to Monterey came to learn what the Ford tank capacity was - ie empty light goes on - she fills up with 12.7 gallons.

From Pasadena she topped off at Desert Junction and Buckeye AZ so that she would have a full tank of gas at TA home. After murdering TA the added 12.7 gallons would get her to Flagstaff and then onto Las Vegas without stopping at a AZ gas station.

(Problem- why top off in Buckeye when that would pinpoint her to AZ??? She did pay for the gas with cash but still there was good possibility, if the Buckeye story is true, to have been caught on video camera)

JA testilying has turned into a freak show, created and sustained by the defense. I think she and her paid professionals hired to trash Travis are completely abusing and exploiting the system. I cannot believe this has been tolerated. Such a mockery.

Yet, she testified that she was so afraid of the gold-panning guys, she bought a gun. If I was terrified of someone, I most certainly would remember their names. :waitasec:

Only in this case does the murderer say that the reason why she purchased a gun after she murdered her true love is because she was going on a camping trip with a bunch of dudes and she didn't really trust men anymore. Oh, and because she wanted to be a responsible gun owner.

Only.Jodi.

She didn't HAVE to, and I don't see how her testimony has in any way explained self defense any way. But IMO there's no way Jodi was NOT going to testify -- that's what it's all about for her. This is her platform to inform the world that she's super special, and that Travis has to pay for dissing her, and that she will have the last word.

bbm - i totally agree, i just didnt know if she had to by AZ law.

Well, she wanted to talk and be the star....and the jury is gonna give her as much of a chance to do that as they can! :floorlaugh:

Wonder how she feels about her decision to claim self defense now? It requires that she take the stand.

I can't wait to see her shrivel under more jury questions. Only a loon would choose to go through more. I'd be changing my plea, tonight, like right now!

I have a little personal confession to make about this case.

I'm extremely attached to this case, much like I was to the Caylee Anthony case because I can relate to them both due to my own personal circumstances.

I grew up and was raised in Riverside County. Not in the city of Riverside, but the same county. I lived in that county for most of my life before I moved in with my husband. We now live in Orange County.

I was also born to two drug addicted parents. There I said it (so many years later it's still hard to say). I was also raised by my grandparents due to my parents struggles. I was shuffled back and forth twice, once because the state had removed me from my mother and step-fathers home back to my grandparents where I remained for the duration of my childhood. Normally when people ask about my background I simply say that my parents had responsibility issues. And due to their drug use that was certainly true but not the full story.

I saw and dealt with things as a child that children should not. It is for that reason I believe that like me, Travis was far more mature than he appeared. In our situation you have to deal with very adult situations and circumstances. For a child growing up its hard to understand how drugs can be more important than your own children. Travis was only immature in dealing with romantic relationships due to his inexperience. But I fully believe he had an abundance of maturity due to his upbringing.

Since Travis had a past much like my own I'm enraged that Jodi took from him what children who come from pasts such as our own work so hard to accomplish. We do everything in our power to change the cycle. To be better than what we came from.

Travis could have been something. And Jodi took from him the chance to work towards the goal that I'm sure he was always working to attain, as I myself do on a daily basis. To rise above the beginnings we were given. God hands cards and circumstances that, at times, are completely out of your control. You can either fold or play the hand you are dealt with dignity and resolve to play the game no matter what.

I hope that wherever Travis is that he knows he played the hand well and with great dignity regardless of some of his failings. I hope he knows he attained his ultimate goal.

:hug: x 261,432,971

:heartluv: you, JSR!!!

I'm extremely attached to this case, much like I was to the Caylee Anthony case because I can relate to them both due to my own personal circumstances.

I grew up and was raised in Riverside County. Not in the city of Riverside, but the same county. I lived in that county for most of my life before I moved in with my husband. We now live in Orange County.

I was also born to two drug addicted parents. There I said it (so many years later it's still hard to say). I was also raised by my grandparents due to my parents struggles. I was shuffled back and forth twice, once because the state had removed me from my mother and step-fathers home back to my grandparents where I remained for the duration of my childhood. Normally when people ask about my background I simply say that my parents had responsibility issues. And due to their drug use that was certainly true but not the full story.

I saw and dealt with things as a child that children should not. It is for that reason I believe that like me, Travis was far more mature than he appeared. In our situation you have to deal with very adult situations and circumstances. For a child growing up its hard to understand how drugs can be more important than your own children. Travis was only immature in dealing with romantic relationships due to his inexperience. But I fully believe he had an abundance of maturity due to his upbringing.

Since Travis had a past much like my own I'm enraged that Jodi took from him what children who come from pasts such as our own work so hard to accomplish. We do everything in our power to change the cycle. To be better than what we came from.

Travis could have been something. And Jodi took from him the chance to work towards the goal that I'm sure he was always working to attain, as I myself do on a daily basis. To rise above the beginnings we were given. God hands cards and circumstances that, at times, are completely out of your control. You can either fold or play the hand you are dealt with dignity and resolve to play the game no matter what.

I hope that wherever Travis is that he knows he played the hand well and with great dignity regardless of some of his failings. I hope he knows he attained his ultimate goal.

Oh JSR, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I have immense respect for those who had a hard past, and moved beyond it to live a fulfilling life.
Thank you for sharing.

Yet, she testified that she was so afraid of the gold-panning guys, she bought a gun. If I was terrified of someone, I most certainly would remember their names. :waitasec:

And I wouldn't go camping with them either.

JVM is saying jury is submitting MORE questions!!!

I "thanked" your post because I LOVED this one but I honestly can't pick just one...at least not yet. There were just too darn many! Loved the follow-ups about her "condition" that she doesn't think she has...well, except for maybe ADHD (self-dx?) lol. Oh, and the one about the real reason she went there was because she was jealous. Yeah, that almost blew her cover. haha Also, the simple, "When do you decide you will tell the truth?".....and "Why not just tell the police the truth from the get-go?" uh...because that is kinda complicated. And the guy asking about the gas cans?! That guys is paying close attention.

Seriously. This is just mind blowing. I swear I still don't think she gets how bad this looks for her.

Whatever...TODAY has made up for the past excrutiating past 16 days of her babbling on and on and on... Thank goodness we have a clue they are paying attention and aren't buying what she is selling.

No kidding!!!!! It is just blowing my mind too! And, it's only going to get worse for her! Their follow up questions are going to try to hone her in even more. And, you are right, she does think that things are going well for her. That's because of her mental "condition" (narcissistic sociopath).

I know we all joke a lot here about this, but I have to make the point that this is most likely a once in a lifetime experience for the majority here to see. This trial will absolutely be used in law schools around the country in the future, for many more reasons than to show why you don't put your client on the stand in a case like this. I really want to point out that people who read and post here at WS are very lucky to be able to see this trial because we probably will never see it again in our lifetimes.

I have a question: was the previous thread the longest one in WS's history? LOL

No kidding!!!!! It is just blowing my mind too! And, it's only going to get worse for her! Their follow up questions are going to try to hone her in even more. And, you are right, she does think that things are going well for her. That's because of her mental "condition" (narcissistic sociopath).

I know we all joke a lot here about this, but I have to make the point that this is most likely a once in a lifetime experience for the majority here to see. This trial will absolutely be used in law schools around the country in the future, for many more reasons than to show why you don't put your client on the stand in a case like this. I really want to point out that people who read and post here at WS are very lucky to be able to see this trial because we probably will never see it again in our lifetimes.

AS conceited as she is, I'm sure she was the one who insisted on taking the stand.

I saw and dealt with things as a child that children should not. It is for that reason I believe that like me, Travis was far more mature than he appeared. In our situation you have to deal with very adult situations and circumstances at a very young age. For a child growing up its hard to understand how drugs can be more important than your own children. Travis was only immature in dealing with romantic relationships due to his inexperience. But I fully believe he had an abundance of maturity due to his upbringing.

Wonderful, moving words JSR.

To add to what you've said -- because of this horrible tragedy that was committed on Travis, he has become an inspiration to many, many more people than he could have touched during his lifetime. Go Travis!

In all this excitement, I missed it: What time tomorrow? EST?

I don't like this more question business.

Why are they trying to get convincing answers out of her?

They must have doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member