100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing. She tries to act as though she is going to cry while talking about Travis' spiderman/young friend topic but she doesn't cry or even appear to cry while talking about the killing. She wanted to throw up when she saw Travis getting off to a picture of a young boy but she was all lovey-dovey with Ryan Burns after allegedly cutting Travis' throat open in self-defense. Okay then!

I too thought about her "peeping" through the window and if the dog barked, when the jury asked the wuestion about the dog barking. I know my dog barks if he hears a leaf blowing from a mile away!!!

That question actually made me think about the time that she just walked in and saw Lisa and Travis together. It seems strange the dog wouldn't bark at the sound of her coming in. I don't know, this whole case has my head 'scrambled'.

Another question I thought was telling of what the jury is thinking was the one about being 'forced' to answer questions on the 48 hours show. They even asked if she was paid to do the show I believe.

The Jury is dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's it feels like.

Kelly

I LOVE that we got jury questions. I think it gives Juan signs on what he needs to make clear in rebuttal (Jodi story is impossible in the timeframe the pictures were taken etc) and in his closing.

Is there somewhere I can look at all the questions asked yesterday? I had my tv on pause for about 20 min. and my dog jumped up on the couch and somehow hit the remote and changed the channel. So I missed the first part.

The question about Ryan Burns saying when he met Jodi in March of 2008 at a PPL convention and her hair was blonde... And she had a typical snooty answer... Something like,

"anyone who knows anything, know that the PPL convention is in April every year NOT March so Ryan is obviously mistaken"​

Well, apparently Jodi is the one who doesn't know what she is taking about!!! Take a look at this!! In 2008 the convention was in MARCH!!

http://www.legalshieldcalendar.com/teamringfactory?op=event&cid=56700&d=13&m=3&y=2008

Well now, Ms. Jodi is "eradicating" Mr. Full of Stuff Ryan because he told the truth, including how she adjusted him.

It scares me to think that ole Jodi was looking to settle a few more scores with that new 9m handgun and shiny knife. She uses those words--eradicate, betrayal, trophy, allies, ect. Who speaks this way anyway? Sociopaths and serial killers.

EXACTLY. That is why this is premeditated murder. And then add in the gas cans, shutting her phone off, never mentioning to anyone that she was "stopping by Travis'", dying her hair etc.

It's so interesting that she was so worried about running out of gas, but she wasn't worried about not having a working cell phone?! Especially on the road alone at night.

Does anyone have the text from Travis to JA in which he talks about the mysterious man? Thanks.

Good Morning Everyone!

Jumping off your post:
Question that has crossed my mind several times: Why did she move back to California? She was stalking him. Moving away from the target of your obsession isn't what one would expect from a stalker. The answer finally came to me this am! Moving away, IMO, is more evidence of premeditation. She was beginning to build her alibi. This has probably already been pointed out, but I missed it.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more juror questions today!

IMO, Arias moved back to California b/c Travis cut her off financially ... can't live in Mesa with no money.

The question about Ryan Burns saying when he met Jodi in March of 2008 at a PPL convention and her hair was blonde... And she had a typical snooty answer... Something like,

"anyone who knows anything, know that the PPL convention is in April every year NOT March so Ryan is obviously mistaken"​

Well, apparently Jodi is the one who doesn't know what she is taking about!!! Take a look at this!! In 2008 the convention was in MARCH!!

http://www.legalshieldcalendar.com/teamringfactory?op=event&cid=56700&d=13&m=3&y=2008

Wasn't it the other way around? I think Burns said he met her in April and Jodi said, no, it was March.

morning all:seeya:

hoping today is as good as yesterday!

finally got to see DrD from last night,i really hope this some how makes it into trial,made me want to cry. especially when his friend started to cry and what she said was so sad :(

Well now, Ms. Jodi is "eradicating" Mr. Full of Stuff Ryan because he told the truth, including how she adjusted him.

It scares me to think that ole Jodi was looking to settle a few more scores with that new 9m handgun and shiny knife. She uses those words--eradicate, betrayal, trophy, allies, ect. Who speaks this way anyway? Sociopaths and serial killers.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Given the chance she would make Ted Bundy proud.

I'd love it if one of the jury questions submitted yesterday said, "Why do you seem like you are enjoying this?".

I truly don't believe that there was as much sex (or even contact!) as JA is trying to imply. They were hundreds of miles from each other for most of the time they knew each other, and the entire time they dated.

I may be missing a couple of CA addresses for JA - but she was always hours away - except when she lived in Mesa. I seem to recall her saying they'd see each other every other weekend when dating... I'm sure it wasn't as frequent when they weren't dating - except when she lived in Mesa.

Met: September 2006
JA living in Palm Desert CA
6 months until they start dating
Started dating on February 2, 2007
Dated for 5 months JA still in CA
JA and Travis break up June 2007
JA living in Big Sur
3 months 'broken up'
JA Moves to Mesa AZ August 2007
8 months in Mesa
JA Moves to Yreka CA April 2008
2 months no physical contact
June 4, 2008

They knew each other for only:

628 days - or
1 year, 8 months, 20 days

Awesome chart, paperwing, thank you. I thought I had covered pretty well everything in this case, but now I see I haven't.

Did Arias ever actually live with Travis - as in, moved into his house as a 'partner'?

I believe it is required of all employers in the US.

Regardless of whether or not it is the law (which I believe there is a minimum amount of Workers Compensation required by law) a restaurant, where many accidents could occur, would be highly irresponsible to not have at least the minimum coverage. But, I'm not sure Jodi was referring to WC insurance, more so that an accident report was not taken. However, I also don't see the restaurant not wanting to cover their rears by having an accident report. Any restaurant I've ever heard of has at least some kind of form in case a customer is injured in their establishment, it would seem strange that this one didn't have some kind of form to use.

JMO

Added - I looked it up:

Q. Do I have to have Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
A. Yes, every California employer using employee labor, including family members, must purchase Workers’ Compensation Insurance (Labor Code Section 3700). If you fail to have Workers’ Compensation Insurance for your employees, it can be expensive as the DLSE is required to issue and serve a stop order/penalty assessment prohibiting further use of employee labor until you do purchase Workers’ Compensation Insurance. Effective January 1, 2011, the penalty assessed for failure to have Workers’ Compensation Insurance is based upon the greater of (1) twice the amount the employer would have paid in workers’ compensation insurance premiums during the period the employer was uninsured, or (2) $1,500 per employee. However, there are exceptions for partnerships, if the only persons performing labor are the partners and corporations where the corporate officers are the sole shareholders; in which case, the corporation, officers and directors come under the Workers’ Compensation provisions only by election.

Available here http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ-Workers%20Compensation.pdf

This 'law' indicates "Effective January 1, 2011..." but I doubt this law wasn't already in place pre 2008, just that the penalty changed in 2011.

Sorry, Nancy Drew, but I believe Ryan testified that he met Jodi in APRIL at a PPL function and Jodi corrected that by saying PPL conventions are held in March and October.

It's so interesting that she was so worried about running out of gas, but she wasn't worried about not having a working cell phone?! Especially on the road alone at night.

What an amazing point!!

Wasn't there a few receipts for hair color related to this case? If so, can anyone link them, I'd be interested to see what I could find out about the color she purchased.

:)

There were no receipts for hair color. The two identical Neutrogena items people thought might be hair color turned out to be [flammable] aerosol sunblock. She also bought facial cleanser at the same time.

138: Why did you plan on going to see John Dixon when you were on your way to Utah to see Ryan?
A: John Dixon was a friend, um, although there was somewhat of an interest there is was something that I never let grow because he wasn't a church member so it would be kind of a poor investment of my heart to get attached to somebody that wasn't a member of the church. What I was going down there for was he had a friend who either owned a gallery or ran a gallery where he hung some of the greats which is Van Gogh and Monet and when I told him I painted he said We could make a space in this gallery for you, I could hang it right next to a Monet and Van Gogh. It sounded like a very big, it sounded like a very exciting thing for me because one of my goals at that time was to get my paintings into galleries.

Yes, lot's of small gallery owners show Van Gogh and Monet, uhuh and give unknown ( carpy) artists space to show their works without ever having seen them. Yup

She definitely has a few things in common with van gogh though.
( not great Art IMOO) http://www.doctorsreview.com/history/artfully-insane/
:jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members