100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a follow up to my earlier post, I just saw the bank statement that was presented this afternoon. Wow! The transaction immediately prior to the gas purchase in SLC is a gas purchase in Mesquite, NV!

Just as I suspected, she drove back to I-15 and filled up north of Las Vegas to cover for the So Cal to Utah alibi.

Assuming she had 13.5 gallons of gas in the car tank and 15 gallons in the 3 tanks, that's a total of 28.5 gallons. With a conservative estimate of 28 MPG in the Ford Focus, she had a range of approximately 800 miles

The distance from Pasadena to E. Mesa to Mesquite, NV - approximately 800 miles

If Juan puts a Walmart rep on the stand that testifies the receipt was never returned and also possibly that she was never identified on surveillance the day in question, she is officially toast.

Also - I used to live in Phoenix and have made the drive to SLC numerous times. NEVER did I go through Vegas to get to the I-15 The most direct route is I-17 through Flagstaff, Page, AZ and Kanab, UT. Furthermore, at the time Jodi made the drive, the Hoover Dam bypass wasn't complete. There would be significant delays at the dam (post 9/11) for security purposes. Nobody went this way in 2008. She wouldn't have had enough fuel on her to go through Kanab. She had to get to the I-15 "alibi route" as quickly as possible.

THIS :rocker:

I think she was somehow hoping the receipts would look like she had just taken the expected route from S. CA to Utah on the I15. There would be no receipts in Arizona, and of course, no one would even think she had gone to Mesa. So you're right. Even though I have never seen this part of the country, I noticed that she took the wrong route from Mesa to SLC. She went west, instead of north, in order to, like you said, hook up with the I15 and make it look like she was coming from Pasedena instead of Mesa.

That's the way it looked to me, too. I'm not sure how Juan caught on to this, but it is great detective work, imo.

Ive bought handguns from both the store and gun shows and my understanding is each state is different. Not sure about AZ laws though.

This is my understanding of the laws in my state which is NOT AZ laws but is an example of how one state does it. This is just my understanding based on my experience and I hope I have it right.
My state required me to fill out a form at the gun show but no background check that I know of. At the store, a background check definitely was done as well as a form. In my state personal purchases can be made between individuals without any form or background check.

Now the thing to realize is the law on carrying a handgun is different and separate from owning a hand gun. Just because I own one does not give me the permission to carry a concealed handgun. In my state, you have to file for a conceal carry permit and take a class. After receiving the conceal carry permit only then can you carry the conceal handgun on person and loaded.

Without a conceal carry permit, you can legally have the weapon in your house loaded and if you transport it in a vehicle it must be visibly seen totally unloaded with action open and the ammunition must be in a separate area of the vehicle and not within reach of the weapon. Like the ammo can be in the glovebox, but the gun must be in the backseat unloaded with action open.

In AZ, it is the wild west, no need for a permit to carry. http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=186

I thought one of the best, if not THE best moments today was the Freudian slip about Travis' "ego" I thought that said alot about how JA feels now about Travis.

If Travis didn't know JA was coming - it's a good thing he didn't have "company" when she arrived.

I don't think he slept with other girlfriends, but the idea just chills me.

I agree that everything she says should be doubted unless there is corroborating evidence.

On the other hand, whatever the state alleges, I expect them to prove and not just make insinuations -- if she made three gas purchases in SLC, that is something the state can prove with receipts they could subpoena; if she did not return the third gas can to Walmart, that is something the state can prove with business records custodian from Walmart. If those things are true, I do expect the state to prove them because they are provable. If they do not bring forth any such evidence, I will assume that the evidence is not favorable to the state and that Jodi is telling the truth abou the third gas can.

The defense has subpoena power too, so if there is no record provided there is no telling who it would be going against. It will be nice if they get those extra records, but there's already enough to know she had 3 gas cans, just by the receipts already provided. We didn't even need the SLC receipts. The Pasadena ones could only be reasonably interpreted as being purchases for filling up a car and the 3 5-gal. gas cans. I also already know she didn't return the gas can to Walmart because the receipt had no markings on it when Walmart always crosses off the returned item on your receipt.

Okay, so you're not going to answer my questions in a lengthy response to your response?

So, above, are you saying the evidence you need is for JM to show the legit papers that verify that indeed, for example, that there never was a return on the gas can?

If so, do you think that JM is simply bluffing? And if so, why? If not, when do you expect him to proffer the concrete evidence?

I, of course, assume that it exists and that he will be proffering it at the appropriate moment.

ETA: I see your point about the fact that both attorneys treat her journal from 4 years ago as authentic. She's really good.

I'm not going to argue with you. I told you what I think. We'll see what happens. I'm not really invested in being right - I just want to see evidence.

Finally got to finish watching the afternoon session. Martinez has me all pumped up with his little firecracker way of asking questions I need not want but need to know more now of what that man has up his sleeve. Now I must wait till Wednesday.

So people can just buy guns from craigslist or a trade show and they don't have to get a background check? But owning the gun, unregistered, would not be considered illegal? Sorry...just trying to understand this because I'm in Canada and...well you probably know how things are up here with regards to guns. :what:

TIA

Yes, and there's no permit required to own a handgun in Texas. No registration requirement.

If Travis didn't know JA was coming - it's a good thing he didn't have "company" when she arrived.

I don't think he slept with other girlfriends, but the idea just chills me.

IMO, Jodi scoped out and stalked the situation before letting him know she was there.

Why does she point to her left ring finger when they are talking about the right ring finger injury at work?

JM has her brain all scrambled. I bet by next Wednesday she wont know her a_ _ from her elbow.

Finally got to finish watching the afternoon session. Martinez has me all pumped up with his little firecracker way of asking questions I need not want but need to know more now of what that man has up his sleeve. Now I must wait till Wednesday.

He brought up Matt's name earlier on cross and then dropped it like a hot potato and went off on to the secret coded mags, then again later on cross he brought up Matt and dropped it just as quick, then again today. I think Wednesday he is going to drop a bombshell, and it will involve Matt and just how far he will or won't go for Jodi, and I don't think she is going to like the outcome. JMHO! :great:

Isn't forging letters trying to prove someone was committing felonies an illegal action? They were forged to help a murderer, so why wasn't anyone arrested for this crime?

FYI all my court watcher notes are in for today starting on page 3 on the courtwatcher thread. What a DAY! I've never seen/felt/experienced anything quite like it! When I say we were jumping for joy outside the courthouse I mean that (hyper) literally!

:great:
It was amazing. I took a ton of juror notes so if ya wanna...take a peek. I think I'm posted out for the night. Catch up with you guys later. :seeya:

Isn't forging letters trying to prove someone is committing felonies an illegal action? They were forged to help a murderer, so why wasn't anyone arrested for this crime?

They got him. He has to tell the truth, no more Jodi lying and her so called friends. He doesn't have a choice. It's called snitching or whatever to lower the charge you have against you. love it. At least I hope JM is the man of my dreams in court. (only court)

You guys do realize I will forever be edified (word?) if he's not right. Edify means to me to edit. To de-edify means not to edit? Yes, I've looked it up...

FYI all my court watcher notes are in for today starting on page 3 on the courtwatcher thread. What a DAY! I've never seen/felt/experienced anything quite like it! When I say we were jumping for joy outside the courthouse I mean that (hyper) literally!

:great:
It was amazing. I took a ton of juror notes so if ya wanna...take a peek. I think I'm posted out for the night. Catch up with you guys later. :seeya:

I'm still steamed at you for blaming me for your lack of hairstyle sense. :snooty:

Isn't forging letters trying to prove someone was committing felonies an illegal action? They were forged to help a murderer, so why wasn't anyone arrested for this crime?

Some of us are hoping that LE did pursue it and maybe the person or persons who were invovled may have turned states witness against Jodi in some sort of plea bargain. We are hoping that this happened and that they will be coming up on the stand to testify against Jodi soon.

Either that or they turned over some other evidence in exchange for not being prosecuted.

Did you get the feeling that Martinez was intentionally trying to surprise Jodi with those statements concerning Jodi being "so sure someone hadn't betrayed her? (Go Juan!)

Oh, absolutely! She now has to fear that her all important reputation will be smeared like she threatened to smear Travis in the plea deal (and did to the nth power).

I'm still steamed at you for blaming me for your lack of hairstyle sense. :snooty:

Wait a minute....how did I do this? Wasn't that like a week ago? ;) And what else can I blame on you? My current state of chubbiness? Please and thank you! :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc