17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO there were a string of bad decisions, not only by GZ but by just about everyone.
When one is dead and cannot talk, you do not take the word of the only one standing
even if he is 150% right. You do an investigation.
IMO this new law sucks.
sorry I never trust the Seminal police – seems they always want to close a case before it should be closed.

I bet you meant Seminole :p

Post lunch (in my time zone) random thoughts, of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post, including the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

• When one finds themselves in a horrible place due to their choices with a gun, I'd imagine the rational person would not seek out another gun, regardless of the threats on their safety. Obviously, they wouldn't be in that situation if their judgement was sound when using a gun in the first place. Armed protectors, on the other hand, would be completely rational and understandable and prudent. IMO.
  • George Zimmerman had no problem with names of roads and location in all his other "emergency" calls to request police service. I don't believe for one second he got out of his truck to look at signs. IMO
  • If TM parents actually sue one of their supporters for, in good faith, wearing a shirt with Trayvon's name on it/some type of saying, that wasn't sold by TM's family, then come tell me they are trying to make money. Otherwise, criticizing them for the trademarks, which pictures they chose to show, who they have and have not addressed in which speech and where or where it was or wasn't appears to me to be mean-spirited, empathy-lacking victim-blaming. It's abhorrent. IMO.
IMO. JMO.

IMO, If half of the nation wanted me dead and me, my family, etc. were getting death threats I think i'd want another gun.

The problem with your argument is that all the neighborhood watch programs I Googled set out the goal of observe and report. In Zimmerman's neighborhood there had been criminal activity and no one was caught. If he did not try to keep eyes on the "suspicious" person, then the cops would not be able to question this person when they arrived on the scene. The perpetrators had been getting away - they could not be caught.

There is nothing wrong with following someone who is not a "regular" in your gated community so that you can give the police their location and then law enforcement can take it from there.

We don't know what happened when it turned from following TM to track his loctation to meeting up with him. This is the point in time that matters.

Guests in a gated community that has a neighborhood watch program should be aware that their presence as strangers might be called into question.

I visited my sister in Hollywood, FL over Christmas. There are neighborhood watch signs all over the neighborhood. I took my dog out late for a relief walk. I was fully prepared to be looked at suspiciously because nobody had ever seen me in that neighborhood before. If someone is following you, call 911. Let the cops sort it out when they get there.

I don't think GM following TM to track his location in order that he relay that to LE is odd or unlawful or negligent.

I disagree. I hear what you are saying, but it also sounds a lot like what GZ was saying--they get away. If observing and reporting wasn't working in the past, that doesn't mean the next prudent step is to start doing more than observing and reporting. :waitasec:

We may just have to agree to disagree on this one.

IIRC Trayvon's GF said that Trayvon told her on the phone someone was following him, which tells me GZ continued following, IF he hadn't the shooting would've never happened.
He mentioned him, and she said he thought he got away. Then he apparently appeared again and words were exchanged. There was no real description given of how they encountered each other the second time. Just that Martin apparently made the first contact (verbally).

IMO, If half of the nation wanted me dead and me, my family, etc. were getting death threats I think i'd want another gun.

And that's fine. I would rather surround myself with armed people who aren't in such a fearful, adrenaline-rushed, freaked-out scared state I personally would be in after shooting someone and being in hiding with a bounty on my head. I personally would not want to touch a gun for a long time had I shot someone whether I was right in doing so or not. I can't imagine I would be in hiding all by myself. I'd rather leave the armed protecting to people who can concentrate on just that. IMO

I don't feel comfortable trying to find and post GZ's address. There are a lot of people gunning for him. JMO

I did not post GZ's address or name any names. Any one in the world can look up property ownership online for almost every county in Florida. It's public information.

The number has been available for weeks on the recording of the call GZ made to SPD. Since GZ's attorney has said that GZ and his wife are staying elsewhere, even if someone did as I dad, they would not find them at that location.

Nothing points to him having continued to follow Martin after the dispatcher suggested he back off.

Except for his heavy breathing and the fact he wanted LE to call him vs. giving them a specific location where he could be found.

You're cutting Zimmerman slack prematurely.

We know what the end result was. We don't know that GZ confronted TM and it sounds like he had stopped following him at the request of the dispatcher. GZ had every right to be on that street. Trayvon had no right to attack him, which the physical evidence supports. GZ lived and likely paid to be in this gated community and Trayvon was visiting his dad's girlfriend. GZ had a vested interest in this community. I think Florida's laws are way too broad and would have expected an involuntary manslaughter charge at the very least, but this isn't a case of racial profiling and all the race baiting is going to end in more deaths and violence. IMO.

With that said, Trayvon didn't deserve to die and my heart goes out to his family.

BBM

If Zimmerman quit following Martin when the dispatcher told him to why do I hear running steps at 2:47 and 3:09 on this tape?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL72w4xiTVU&feature=youtu.be

Your right nothing would warrant his death.IMO If reports are true that TM punched his bus driver just within the week this happened and was in another fight in Nov. then it does show IMO TM might have been the first to show aggression.JMO

Sorry if I missed it (I know how we all like to see that written here lol) but are there actual "reports" about this alleged bus driver punch or is the one "report" still just a tweet someone sent to TM?
TIA

Sorry if I missed it (I know how we all like to see that written here lol) but are there actual "reports" about this alleged bus driver punch or is the one "report" still just a tweet someone sent to TM?
TIA

far as I have seen just the one tweet purported to have been from an older sibling of TM, to which no response was forthcoming IIRC

And that's fine. I would rather surround myself with armed people who aren't in such a fearful, adrenaline-rushed, freaked-out scared state I personally would be in after shooting someone and being in hiding with a bounty on my head. I personally would not want to touch a gun for a long time had I shot someone whether I was right in doing so or not. I can't imagine I would be in hiding all by myself. I'd rather leave the armed protecting to people who can concentrate on just that. IMO

GZ May not have the bank account to afford the luxury of having paid protection.

TIA

Just a tweet. I guess since people Tweet @Barack Obama that he's not truly an American citizen, that makes it fact?

Except for his heavy breathing and the fact he wanted LE to call him vs. giving them a specific location where he could be found.

You're cutting Zimmerman slack prematurely.
The heavy breathing was before the dispatcher told him to stop. There's no reason to believe he did not. He might have asked the cop to call him because it would have been easier to direct him in than try to give the dispatcher odd directions. None of this is implausible in the least.

TIA

LOL.........Just the one report where an older brother and a friend IIRC tweeted him.

his bad decisions make him responsible for the death of another human being. i don't know anyone who thinks he set out to do this...but his choices are what caused this..much the same a drunk driver,,,they don't plan on hurting anybody, but because of their poor choices sometimes peole die,,, and they are held accountable for it...just as i feel zimmerman should be..It almost seems like we all agree on that...but for some reason some want to blame trayvon and bring up his past etc...when it makes no difference..he did not start the ball going on this thing...would we ever blame a person killed by a drunk driver...would we say,, well they shouldn't have been there,, i wonder what they were going to do that night,, etc...oh look they smoked pot in the past, they must have somehow done something wrong...

Everyone who agrees that GZ is guilty on a witch hunt, NO NOT EVERYONE agrees on this at all.
And using your example: If someone runs out in front of a car and is struck NO the driver is not guilty.
SO…Until we get all the facts, which include character references on BOTH not just on one, we do not know, and we cannot make a decision one way r other.
Those who have made this decision I personally do not have any regard for.
We really do have to get all the pieces together first.
I will never ever get on any ban wagon to be part of the whole.
I see only one thing here.

If TMs parent would have felt that this was thoroughly investigated, if they felt they had answers, this may have gone a different way. They deserve answers, they deserve an investigation. They deserve that.
But to say that GZ is innocent or guilty… Or to say that TM was just a child is not REAL.

IT needs answers, and we must all wait for that before we jump up and down knowing it all.
There is a saying I like: this is one I also tell myself.
"Today, don't be a know it all. And you'll know it all" ~Anonymous~

Here is another one I really like:
To the dead we owe nothing but the truth. ~ Voltaire ~

We have to all get closure and only the truth will do that.

The heavy breathing was before the dispatcher told him to stop. There's no reason to believe he did not. He might have asked the cop to call him because it would have been easier to direct him in than try to give the dispatcher odd directions. None of this is implausible in the least.

conversely, I could argue that I have no reason to believe he did, given where the scuffle and shooting eventually occur. Yet another thing among many in this case that is subject to our many differing interpretations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995