17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I surely didn't mean to agitate you. I was just asking if there was some relevance that I missed, or if it was just curiosity.

Sorry if my response came on strong. It has been a long couple of weeks of trying my utmost not to respond to snark and trying just as hard not to BE snarky. Some days are going better than others for me in both regards, lol.

Sorry if my response came on strong. It has been a long couple of weeks of trying my utmost not to respond to snark and trying just as hard not to BE snarky. Some days are going better than others for me in that regard, lol.

No worries. :)

He was cuffed and taken to the police station. He was arrested and released. He was not charged. He was not booked.

At least that is how I understand it.

I don't think he was ever arrested because he willingly gave a statement. jmo

Nothing points to him having continued to follow Martin after the dispatcher suggested he back off.

I think there is evidence he was not going back to his truck which you can see from the mailboxes. Something made him change his mind to just have the cops call him to find out where he would be.

Dispatcher: Alright, where you gonna meet with them at?
GZ: Umm, if they come in through the, uh, street past the club house, straight past the club house, and then they go past the mailboxes, they'll see my truck

.................................snipped

Dispatcher: Ok, do you just want to meet with them right near the mailboxes?
GZ: Yeah, that's fine.
Dispatcher: Alright George, I'll let them know to meet you out there, ok?
GZ: Could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7715220&postcount=41"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4[/ame]

He was cuffed and taken to the police station. He was arrested and released. He was not charged. He was not booked.

At least that is how I understand it.
Arrested means he was charged - they (LE) usually say You are under the arrest for....................

No, he wasn't arrested. He was detained. That was it. Detained and then released.

At least that's how I think it goes.

JMHO

While the parents have bought trademarks to the names, any of these items currently flooding the market are not likely theirs, but others trying to capitalize off the situation. The parents really did make a smart legal move so they can hopefully tamp down on some unsavory things that will inevitably crop up.

:rocker:
YES early on I said it is more than a case it is a money machine.
With everything including interview, magazine, and tabloid WAIT soon there will be a Law & Order show and then a movie.

I will buy none of it, I refuse to support any kind of hoopla that represents injustice of anyone.
The Police job was shotty at best.
GZ is as much a victim ad TM was. And when Obama comes out to say something about most cases that are not just, then I will buy it. This was none other IMO then an opportunity to scream RACIST.

I 100 percent agree

The 16-year-old girl, who was not identified, said in a phone call recorded by ABC News this morning that as Trayvon was walking he told her "some man was watching him" so he pulled his hoodie over his head.
She told attorneys she then heard the 17-year-old ask "What are you following me for?"
Then a man, presumably Zimmerman, replied: "What are you doing around here?"
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ils-20120320_1_shooting-death-gated-attorneys

Then the earphones fell out of Trayvon's ears which apparently disconnected his iPhone. I have to actually push the indented button on mine to disconnect it. The ear-buds for my iPhone have a mic built into it - so even if I take the ear-buds out, you would still be able to hear me. She would have heard a lot more.

I find it very hard to believe that Trayvon was carrying his cell phone because that would defeat the purpose of the ear-buds. So, if he wasn't carrying the cell phone, it was likely in his pocket with the skittles.

Tell me, how did knocking the ear-buds out of his ears the moment GZ asked, "what are you doing here" disconnect the call? It wouldn't, on any phone.

Nothing points to him having continued to follow Martin after the dispatcher suggested he back off.

IIRC Trayvon's GF said that Trayvon told her on the phone someone was following him, which tells me GZ continued following, IF he hadn't the shooting would've never happened.

Glad I could help.
Obviously I disagree. If a person is in their car and calls for police service, it is not a prudent choice on their part to get out of their car, particularly to pursue someone they are suspicious of enough to call in for police service.

I don't think Joe Oliver's problem is defending GZ. I think his problem is he doesn't have any credibility.

George Zimmerman did not own the entire gated community. It was not HIS. Trayvon Martin was a guest of someone in the gated community. I assume it's okay if George Zimmerman had guests.
IMO JMO all that

The problem with your argument is that all the neighborhood watch programs I Googled set out the goal of observe and report. In Zimmerman's neighborhood there had been criminal activity and no one was caught. If he did not try to keep eyes on the "suspicious" person, then the cops would not be able to question this person when they arrived on the scene. The perpetrators had been getting away - they could not be caught.

There is nothing wrong with following someone who is not a "regular" in your gated community so that you can give the police their location and then law enforcement can take it from there.

We don't know what happened when it turned from following TM to track his loctation to meeting up with him. This is the point in time that matters.

Guests in a gated community that has a neighborhood watch program should be aware that their presence as strangers might be called into question.

I visited my sister in Hollywood, FL over Christmas. There are neighborhood watch signs all over the neighborhood. I took my dog out late for a relief walk. I was fully prepared to be looked at suspiciously because nobody had ever seen me in that neighborhood before. If someone is following you, call 911. Let the cops sort it out when they get there.

I don't think GM following TM to track his location in order that he relay that to LE is odd or unlawful or negligent.

Arrested means he was charged - they (LE) usually say You are under the arrest for....................

No, he wasn't arrested. He was detained. That was it. Detained and then released.

At least that's how I think it goes.

JMHO

I guess we can thank our lucky stars we are not more familiar with the process :floorlaugh:

The location of the altercation, TM's body, and GZ's own story (according to what was printed in the Orlando Sentinel) points to GZ following TM.

GZ did have back up, he called LE and LE was on their way !! they arrived something like 2 minutes later, had GZ backed off, as the operator told him (sir you DON'T need to follow him) this would have never happened, he escalated the situation by continuing to stalk TM. His choice's led to this tragedy !

IMHO there were a string of bad decisions, not only by GZ but by just about everyone.
When one is dead and cannot talk, you do not take the word of the only one standing
even if he is 150% right. You do an investigation.
IMO this new law sucks.
sorry I never trust the Seminole police – seems they always want to close a case before it should be closed.

No. GZ was screaming for help, and had anyone showed up to help, it's unlikely Trayvon would have been shot. If people started flooding out into the courtyard, GZ wouldn't have shot him.

I do know this is open to interpretation, and others can have different "takes" on this, but that's my "take". Had there been any back up for GZ he wouldn't have had to use his gun. IMHO of course.

They have not determined who's screaming it was yet. The woman who called 911 said she thought if was the voice of a child or young man. How can you just assume it was GZ screaming, why would he scream he was armed and wasn't afraid to use his gun so why did he scream? I completely dissagree. I believe it was TM but will not make that statment until it's proven.

No one has more of a right to lawfully be in a community than anyone else, just by virtue of the fact that one person is visiting and the other is not. It is not George Zimmerman's gated community. He rents one property, and that's all he can claim "ownership" of.

It's not fact that Trayvon attacked GZ, and GZ did more than "walk the same street" as Trayvon, he did more than get out of his truck.

Joe Oliver seems to be more concerned about himself than GZ. He is even making the classic "If I am wrong" statements now. He was trotted out as Zimmerman's close black friend, and that characterization of their relationship was absolutely blown to pieces last night. In most interviews that I've seen, Joe makes it a point to say "as an AA male." Which goes without saying, we look at the TV and see the obvious.

:moo::twocents:

We know what the end result was. We don't know that GZ confronted TM and it sounds like he had stopped following him at the request of the dispatcher. GZ had every right to be on that street. Trayvon had no right to attack him, which the physical evidence supports. GZ lived and likely paid to be in this gated community and Trayvon was visiting his dad's girlfriend. GZ had a vested interest in this community. I think Florida's laws are way too broad and would have expected an involuntary manslaughter charge at the very least, but this isn't a case of racial profiling and all the race baiting is going to end in more deaths and violence. IMO.

With that said, Trayvon didn't deserve to die and my heart goes out to his family.

This has turned into a racial case because race baiters have found it to be politically beneficial to do so.

Goodle the new <modsnip> shirts with GZ's pic on them. Still can't even get over the fact that he isn't white.

It is RIDICULOUS. These people don't care about TM, they care about themselves.It's revolting.

People need a focus point for their anger. THIS CASE IS THAT focus point for thier anger. :(

Post lunch (in my time zone) random thoughts, of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post, including the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

• When one finds themselves in a horrible place due to their choices with a gun, I'd imagine the rational person would not seek out another gun, regardless of the threats on their safety. Obviously, they wouldn't be in that situation if their judgement was sound when using a gun in the first place. Armed protectors, on the other hand, would be completely rational and understandable and prudent. IMO.
  • George Zimmerman had no problem with names of roads and location in all his other "emergency" calls to request police service. I don't believe for one second he got out of his truck to look at signs. IMO
  • If TM parents actually sue one of their supporters for, in good faith, wearing a shirt with Trayvon's name on it/some type of saying, that wasn't sold by TM's family, then come tell me they are trying to make money. Otherwise, criticizing them for the trademarks, which pictures they chose to show, who they have and have not addressed in which speech and where or where it was or wasn't appears to me to be mean-spirited, empathy-lacking victim-blaming. It's abhorrent. IMO.
IMO. JMO.

There are lots of ways to twist this case, but IMO, it definitely wasn't racial profiling on the part of GZ. They could say the investigation was botched because LE was biased or even better because GZ's father was a judge (good ol' political corruption). But I don't believe he was shot because he was black.
If houses in my neighborhood are being broken into by little old white men, I'm going to be profiling little old white men in my neighborhood.

ITA. Great Post :clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member