17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to know is the 4 minutes phone call to 911 it or is there more of the 911 call that we are not hearing yet?

BBM

Why would responding officers question him?

They can't without reading him his rights. They secured his gun and then put cuffs on him. He was taken down to the station and interviewed. A homocide detective requested his arrest. SA said no under the stand your ground law. He was then free to go. jmo

They can't without reading him his rights. They secured his gun and then put cuffs on him. He was taken down to the station and interviewed. A homocide detective requested his arrest. SA said no under the stand your ground law. He was then free to go. jmo

I forgot that he was arrested

So that was informative, rather than critical? I thought you were implying they should have questioned him. Sorry bout that.

I think you'd be surprised at how much crime is not reported in FL due to the Sunshine Laws. I personally know people who refuse to make reports, especially after the Casey Anthony trial when so many had their personal info, including addresses and phone numbers, released to the public.

Every time a call is made it is released to the public?Or is it released only once a crime is committed?

If I lived in FL and called Le about a noise complaint would that be published?

TIA

Trayvon Inc: Fla teen's case turns into brand

By CURT ANDERSON, Associated Press – 26 minutes ago

MIAMI (AP) — From the T-shirt and hoodie sales to trademarking slogans like "Justice for Trayvon" to the pass-the-hat rallies that bring in thousands, the case of an unarmed black teenager killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer is quickly turning into an Internet-fueled brand.
Websites are hawking key chains bearing Trayvon Martin's likeness. His parents have bought two trademarks, saying they hope to raise money to help other families struck by tragedy. Trayvon clothes, bumper stickers, buttons and posters are up for grabs on eBay.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...Zp-DGA?docId=28d322f8e01449f2a7f1e022dca7f5dd

The fact that George Zimmerman killed Trayvon is what makes him a killer.

The circumstances surrounding the killing are what will make him a murderer and a convicted felon IMO.
I just watched a video in which a person claims he'd worked with Zimmerman in the past in the neighborhood watch program. Granted their program wasn't registered nationally, and that in itself may be problematic because there should be one set of rules in place for all such watch programs, but here is what I have a problem with.

SYG implies to me when under attack only. Initially, Zimmerman wasn't being attacked, wasn't threatened with an attack. He pursued Martin. Who is to say Martin wasn't standing his ground as best he could? I believe he was. Neither male was defending a residence or a vehicle or any other personal property. Any history Martin may have had for any kind of illegal activities should not suggest he was up to no good that particular evening as he had nothing on his person to suggest such that I've read.

It seems to me, Martin, had just as much right to stand his ground, actually even more so than Zimmerman as he, Martin, was the one being pursued for unknown reasons.

If Zimmerman could determine that Martin was black, could describe what he was wearing, then it is likely than Martin could tell Zimmerman was on his cell phone talking to unknown persons. For all we know, Martin may have thought there might be a second person in cahoots with Zimmerman.

Martin had every right to ask why Zimmerman was following him. Did Zimmerman stop, and announce to Martin he was on a neighborhood watch team when Martin asked why he was following him? No. He should have. In fact, it is conversation that could have made both man and teen more comfortable, and averted a teenager losing his life, but even so, it could well have depended on the teen's attitude towards being confronted by an unknown adult.

I listened to the tape. I heard the racial slur, the curse words, and it appears to me, Zimmerman had a preconceived notion about Martin from the get-go. Zimmerman was, IMO, a cop wanna be, looking for a showdown. He got it, and I, too, think he needs to be arrested.

I am a white, female gun owner. It's my belief that no one who has any kind of record for violence should be allowed to participate in any neighborhood watch program of any kind nor should such a person be allowed a CCL.

Error #1. We have a situation in which the elder Zimmerman held some minor authority in the neighborhood, and shouldn't have by virtue of his own background.

Error #2. Zimmerman was armed, and shouldn't have been. He held a CCL, and shouldn't have. He also shouldn't have been packing while participating in a neighborhood watch program as that made him a danger to any other watch participants in the dark, if any that night.

Error #3. Zimmerman appears to have been working alone that night. A team member might have brought some much needed cool-headed thinking to the situation, and Martin's life may have been spared. This is why watches should be carried out by at least two people working together.

Error #4. Zimmerman avoided conversation with Martin which may have resolved the issue in short order. This left both Zimmerman and Martin to assume a me vs him attitude. It was Zimmerman's place to clarify what he was doing since he was the one pursuing Martin.

As much as I wish this was an open/shut case it isn't. I think at least negligent homicide charges are in order.

What I can't understand is why Martin, being followed would have pulled his hoodie up over his head. That would make it harder for him to watch his own back and see what Zimmerman was up to, and it certainly didn't offer Martin any protection.

Only one thought comes to my mind, and that's that while Martin's activities that night may have been purely innocent, he may also have been the one doing the robberies in the neighborhood, and didn't want to be identified or have his face match any sketches that may have already been done of a robbery suspect or suspects.

The truth is Zimmerman was not behaving in a responsible manner. If he could have put himself in Martin's shoes, Martin might still be alive.

I think you'd be surprised at how much crime is not reported in FL due to the Sunshine Laws. I personally know people who refuse to make reports, especially after the Casey Anthony trial when so many had their personal info, including addresses and phone numbers, released to the public.

I know. She's still destoying lives. It's not just Florida. In many states some information is part of the public record so anyone can get ahold of it. There is no such thing as "private" anymore. Your life is an open book if you somehow get in the middle of a crime (innocent or not) or just make a call to help someone out. It's like a bunch of sharks at the smell of blood. jmo

He's renting. He even filed a complaint against his landloard with PD. jmo

much earlier in this case (say day one or two when the news broke about this case) someone linked something which indicated GZ lived there with female whose first initial was J (last name same as his). We speculated at that time that she may be GZ's wife or possibly a sister but in recent days I have seen news articles naming his wife and the first name is NOT the name of the person I saw originally linked as the person whose name the property was rented under.

This information would be located in thread #1 on this case for anyone interested in continuing to sleuth the Zimmerman owns or rents angle.

The girl said Trayvon must have been pushed because his headset fell off and the phone call ended.

On the one-minute recording Crump played for reporters this morning, the young woman said Trayvon told her a man was following him and that he was trying to get away.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ils-20120320_1_shooting-death-gated-attorneys

A report to LE that Trayvon was running, but the young woman says pushed. Trayvon was trying to get away according to her.

This is not making any sense. Was the headset found near his body?

No. GZ was screaming for help, and had anyone showed up to help, it's unlikely Trayvon would have been shot. If people started flooding out into the courtyard, GZ wouldn't have shot him.

I do know this is open to interpretation, and others can have different "takes" on this, but that's my "take". Had there been any back up for GZ he wouldn't have had to use his gun. IMHO of course.

GZ did have back up, he called LE and LE was on their way !! they arrived something like 2 minutes later, had GZ backed off, as the operator told him (sir you DON'T need to follow him) this would have never happened, he escalated the situation by continuing to stalk TM. His choice's led to this tragedy !

much earlier in this case (say day one or two when the news broke about this case) someone linked something which indicated GZ lived there with female whose first initial was J (last name same as his). We speculated at that time that she may be GZ's wife or possibly a sister but in recent days I have seen news articles naming his wife and the first name is NOT the name of the person I saw originally linked as the person whose name the property was rented under.

This information would be located in thread #1 on this case for anyone interested in continuing to sleuth the Zimmerman owns or rents angle.

Just wondering... Do we not believe his residence is in the community? If it is, what intrinsic difference does it make whether he was renting or owned it?

GZ did have back up, he called LE and LE was on their way !! they arrived something like 2 minutes later, had GZ backed off, as the operator told him (sir you DON'T need to follow him) this would have never happened, he escalated the situation by continuing to stalk TM. His choice's led to this tragedy !
Nothing points to him having continued to follow Martin after the dispatcher suggested he back off.

There are a lot of things we don't know about this case, but this we do know

He lived there, since 2009. And you're right, he didn't want to give his address aloud because he was right there next to Trayvon making the call to LE, and knew he would be overheard. So it stands to reason Trayvon did overhear the call.

i thought he was in his car. i thought trayvon was running.. if trayvon was right there, close enough to hear him talking ......do you think zimmerman was then already out of the car...the more i read,, the more i think that zimmerman just continued to track him down until he got him..jmo maybe grabbed him to stop him..and trayvon responded (within his rights) by punching him...i would have...

It appears that person is the homocide detective. Responding officers did not question him. It was SA that say "no way". jmo

:floorlaugh: So everyone there that night, the DA, Zimmerman, the one eyewitness that saw enough to support Zimmerman's account, the narcotics officer, the Chief of Police - everyone is lying except the one person who made his report on the night it happened because it fits the theory that Zimmerman is a murderer?

Keep in mind, contrary to popular, misinformed belief, an investigation WAS done and the decision to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter was denied by the prosecutor's office. He was found to have acted in self defense under the SYG law. This rogue detective doesn't get to make the decisions, he gets to make a recommendation.

A professional detective would respect the system or try and change the law by going through the proper channels, none of which include cable channels.

Inflection may change but the EXACT words do not.

Inflection, punctuation and/or spacing can change the meaning drastically. Just sayin'...

485368_405063019523157_205344452828349_1469099_478178142_n.jpg

i thought he was in his car. i thought trayvon was running.. if trayvon was right there, close enough to hear him talking ......do you think zimmerman was then already out of the car...the more i read,, the more i think that zimmerman just continued to track him down until he got him..jmo maybe grabbed him to stop him..and trayvon responded (within his rights) by punching him...i would have...

and if TM knocked GZ to the ground and started hitting him and banging his head on the concrete then GZ was within his rights to defend himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member