17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The heavy breathing was before the dispatcher told him to stop. There's no reason to believe he did not. He might have asked the cop to call him because it would have been easier to direct him in than try to give the dispatcher odd directions. None of this is implausible in the least.

He gave the dispatcher good directions for the PD to find him and agreed to meet them near the mailboxes and in the next sentence changed his mind.

While the parents have bought trademarks to the names, any of these items currently flooding the market are not likely theirs, but others trying to capitalize off the situation. The parents really did make a smart legal move so they can hopefully tamp down on some unsavory things that will inevitably crop up.

I agree (fellow law student here). In no way do I think his parents want to capitalize on his death, my God, it's an unspeakable loss. But since this case has gone into full national media mode, they are smart and well within their rights to make sure any benefits are had by them (don't you think they could use some money to make up for missing work, funeral expenses, legal expenses etc?).

My fear is that people jumped on the band wagon of racism before all the facts were known and the media began to portray both of the people involved in a light most favorable to sensationalizing and selling the story. That's how messes are made. And I think this is a mess.

He had a permit to carry a gun , that's why he had one in the first place

I know he had a permit. GZ had been arrested twice before for assault. Once for a police officer and once for a girl friend. I understand that it was brushed aside. This is not a case that gun advocates really want to flag wave on. A bully without a gun used his hands, given the permit for a weapon we see how that turned out. I am not against the rights of citizens to own guns. I am against warning signs being ignored.

He gave the dispatcher good directions for the PD to find him and agreed to meet them near the mailboxes and in the next sentence changed his mind.
And he also stuttered through that left turn that he couldn't seem to articulate. Him wanting the cops to call him doesn't imply much, IMO. He clearly wasn't great at giving directions.

But I thought police was just covering up for Zimmerman for no apparent reason? I guess that wasn't true.

Not necessarily.. When was it FIRST revealed the Sanford cops wanted to arrest GZ?

ETA.. Right about now I'm not trusting too much of anything that is coming out concerning LE actions... As I see it.. Like GZ, it didn't blow over like they thought it would.. I highly suspect they could all be in CYA mode..JMHO

conversely, I could argue that I have no reason to believe he did, given where the scuffle and shooting eventually occur. Yet another thing among many in this case that is subject to our many differing interpretations.

Unless he stopped following Martin, continued up the horizontal path, and then doubled back to return to his vehicle where he was confronted by Martin.

Still struggling with this girls report of what she heard. If your trespassing on private property why would you wonder why someone was following you? After all you know your trespassing and you know your in the wrong. According to the girl, Trayvon asked GZ, why he was following him. GZ responded with What are you doing around here?
I think he knew perfectly well, why he was being followed. Trayvons had some problems in the past and didn't need a trespassing charge. Obviously there was a fight of some kind.
Question is, If you had a strong guy beating you up and not stopping and you had a gun, would you shoot him to stop him?
That doesn't need an answer just trying to understand what took place here.
JMO

JUST THINKING OUT LOUD...........

Then that fear would translate into getting into your car and locking the doors, no?

Reasonable people don't ignore such great feelings of fear IMO

The same could be said for Trayvon. If I was truly afraid of someone, I wouldn't jump him, I'd run. Reasonable people might be afraid but think their fear is irrational. While he might have been afraid, he probably didn't think that TM would really attack him, especially since he was on the phone with LE.

IMO.

And he also stuttered through that left turn that he couldn't seem to articulate. Him wanting the cops to call him doesn't imply much, IMO. He clearly wasn't great at giving directions.

Pretty plain, clear and simple directions to me.

Dispatcher: Ok, do you just want to meet with them right near the mailboxes?
GZ: Yeah, that's fine.

Still struggling with this girls report of what she heard. If your trespassing on private property why would you wonder why someone was following you? After all you know your trespassing and you know your in the wrong. According to the girl, Trayvon asked GZ, why he was following him. GZ responded with What are you doing around here?
I think he knew perfectly well, why he was being followed. Trayvons had some problems in the past and didn't need a trespassing charge. Obviously there was a fight of some kind.
Question is, If you had a strong guy beating you up and not stopping and you had a gun, would you shoot him to stop him?
JMO

BBM
How was Tray tresspassing? :waitasec:

But I thought police was just covering up for Zimmerman for no apparent reason? I guess that wasn't true.

I did too early on, (think the police covered) but I also thought early on that is was a child, a boy...
The more I read, the more I asked questions.
I do not trust the police over there, that may be obviouse from my posts.
But...That does not mean that GZ is guilty of murder :please:
It MAY MEAN that he is guilty of neglect/man slaughter or some such thing.
And it may not.....

But a witch hunt it has become which only tells us how many people out there are packing fury without knowledge.

I TOO THINK we must uphold the legal system to work for us.
I do not think that hanging someone is going to clean up the legal issues in our country.

Pretty plain, clear and simple directions to me.

Dispatcher: Ok, do you just want to meet with them right near the mailboxes?
GZ: Yeah, that's fine.
And he was saying "past the mailboxes". If the mailboxes were up towards the clubhouse, that would not be where he was.

I disagree. I hear what you are saying, but it also sounds a lot like what GZ was saying--they get away. If observing and reporting wasn't working in the past, that doesn't mean the next prudent step is to start doing more than observing and reporting. :waitasec:

We may just have to agree to disagree on this one.

But you are speculating that he followed him in order to shoot him to stop him from getting away. That is a huge leap considering TM's girlfriend said she heard someone ask "what are you doing here?" So he was inquiring. We don't know if he caught up to TM or if TM came towards him as he was following from a distance. So many unknowns to just assume he followed him in order to shoot him. Also, you can hear a scuffle - a physical altercation very clearly on one of the 911 tapes so GM didn't just pull his firearm out and shoot the black kid in the hoodie the first chance he got.

It seems like that is what is being promoted by saying, "the next prudent step is to start doing more than observing and reporting." If you don't mean that his next prudent step was hunting him down and shooting him then please do explain.

I'm tired of that turn of events being furthered without any evidence.

JMO

He was a guest, his father lived there.

JMO

I haven't anything about trespassing.

it sound's like an older male asking for help not a child. IMO.

Unless he stopped following Martin, continued up the horizontal path, and then doubled back to return to his vehicle where he was confronted by Martin.

Again, so many different ways to interpret sounds and conversation on a phone call. you are right, that may explain it it may not. So few facts, so much speculation. None of us have much more to go on.

I think GZ was on foot pursuit of TM after the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that"

Can I prove it. Nope. Just my own thoughts and opinions.

you feel GZ did end foot pursuit and was attacked, unprovoked, by TM. Can you prove it? Nope. Just your thoughts and opinions.

Please allow me to express my thanks to you. We have been viewing this case from different sides of the debate since this case got rolling. Thanks for keeping it civil and real in the exchanges we have had.

Posters such as yourself who may be disagreeing with me but whose posts are well thought out and articulate always make me think harder and consider new angles. That is something I am thankful for.

But you are speculating that he followed him in order to shoot him to stop him from getting away. That is a huge leap considering TM's girlfriend said she heard someone ask "what are you doing here?" So he was inquiring. We don't know if he caught up to TM or if TM came towards him as he was following from a distance. So many unknowns to just assume he followed him in order to shoot him. Also, you can hear a scuffle - a physical altercation very clearly on one of the 911 tapes so GM didn't just pull his firearm out and shoot the black kid in the hoodie the first chance he got.

It seems like that is what is being promoted by saying, "the next prudent step is to start doing more than observing and reporting." If you don't mean that his next prudent step was hunting him down and shooting him then please do explain.

I'm tired of that turn of events being furthered without any evidence.

A lot of huge leaps.
GZ has to find someone to get him a new face, and his wife too. :(
EXPENSIVE for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads