17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At DC press conference yesterday Martin family atty Benjamin Crump said the Twitter acct referred to by Daily Mail/Daily Caller is NOT TRAYVON’S & they've spoken with Twitter about it. So, not Trayvon’s twitter acct or his tweets. Press conf aired on HLN Special Report yesterday, last 10 min of show (I dvr’d, just watched)… I couldn’t find transcript at hln but someone in msm probably covered presser too?
- - - - -
"The Conservative news site the Daily Caller and the blog the Wagist claim they have unearthed a Twitter account, which has since been taken down, that belonged to the teen. The site says Trayvon went by the Twitter handle NO_LIMIT_*****."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html

I don't believe he followed him to simply continue to observe.
I think the next prudent step, if one is feeling their police department is not providing appropriate responses/outcomes would be a meeting with said department--I'd imagine there's some sort of legal grievance process a citizen could initiate to address concerns like this?

You're a law student, yeah? Do you know if there is a process like that? tia

I also don't think GZ sought out to kill TM either.

He was in the gated community, but his father's girlfriend lives there and that's where he was staying.
wow, i missed that completely, trayvon was actually lving at the girlfriends.
So he was simply walking to his fathers girlfriends home. Why would he run? Surely he was aware if he lived there tht the community was having problems with break ins.

The burglars were NOT just getting away...

Posted this before, will post again...

rtl.png

Now I wonder who Zimmerman was talking about when he said they always get away?

The location of the altercation, TM's body, and GZ's own story (according to what was printed in the Orlando Sentinel) points to GZ following TM.

GZ said he was following him in the beginning, IIRC. Does this article state GZ was following TM when TM attacked him?

I cannot wait for:
The voice analysis - who was yelling what and when. What was George mumbling under his breath?
Documentation of George and Trayvon's injuries other than a partial police report that says "Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and the back of his head."
The autopsy report.

:floorlaugh: So it's his father that lives there, not his father's gf, man I need a spread sheet.
No. You're right. TM's dad's girlfriend lived there. And Trayvon was staying there. The girlfriend also had a 13 yr old son that was her child and who was home at the time. Dad and gf went out to dinner that night and its unclear whether the 13 yr old went with them. I kinda remember hearing that the 13 yr old was home though.

HTH

At DC press conference yesterday Martin family atty Benjamin Crump said the Twitter acct referred to by Daily Mail/Daily Caller is NOT TRAYVON’S & they've spoken with Twitter about it. So, not Trayvon’s twitter acct or his tweets. Press conf aired on HLN Special Report yesterday, last 10 min of show (I dvr’d, just watched)… I couldn’t find transcript at hln but someone in msm probably covered presser too?
- - - - -
"The CONSERVATIVE news site the Daily Caller and the blog the Wagist claim they have unearthed a Twitter account, which has since been taken down, that belonged to the teen. The site says Trayvon went by the Twitter handle NO_LIMIT_*****."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html
They should have just owned it. It was clearly his.

Bonaparte announced the new investigation Tuesday afternoon after receiving numerous complaints about the way officers handled other cases.

He said that so many people complained at Monday night's city commission meeting about Sanford officers, the city asked the Department of Justice to step in.

From above link. Wow, that's gonna take awhile.

So he was simply walking to his fathers girlfriends home. Why would he run? Surely he was aware if he lived there tht the community was having problems with break ins.

He had just been there a day and it was dark and this weird guy was stalking him.

Trayvon was visiting. He lived in the Miami area. So he may not have known about the break ins.

Well, now I am confused if it was his father's or his father's girlfriends, :waitasec: but yes he was STAYING there while he was suspended. Not living, but staying a few days.

ETA: WOO says I was right the first time, father's girlfriend. Whew, beer anyone?

Just to be clear, if I ever stated here that I believe GZ went out to deliberately kill TM, I did not intend to imply that.

I don't know he had intent to kill, but I don't believe his sole purpose for pursuing TM was simply to observe and report. He'd observed. He'd reported. They were on their way.

- - - - -
"The Conservative news site the Daily Caller and the blog the Wagist claim they have unearthed a Twitter account, which has since been taken down, that belonged to the teen. The site says Trayvon went by the Twitter handle NO_LIMIT_*****."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html

Thanks Francie! Huh. Twitter account wasn't his. Guess he didn't punch any bus drivers then, either. Huh.

Now I wonder who Zimmerman was talking about when he said they always get away?

I know in a couple of the incidents, there were two perps together - so if they were arrested, that would men two of those arrests. There were cases still unsolved, as far as I could tell. 9 cases that I found.

BEM: Who do you think he was talking about if not suspicious characters in the community?

Here's what's funny - why is a racist going to go to this elaborate trouble to shoot a black boy in his own backyard, knowing LE is on their way? Why wouldn't he go somewhere else, where no one knew him?

Thanks Francie! Huh. Twitter account wasn't his. Guess he didn't punch any bus drivers then, either. Huh.
I would consider that damage control by the family, TBH. I'm not even sure why it was that big of a deal.

SANFORD — The Trayvon Martin case is bringing more scrutiny on the Sanford Police Department. The Department of Justice will now investigate all cases handled by the police department, after receiving complaints from Sanford citizens.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...rtment-of-justice-to-investigate-2266580.html

I just didn't want this to get overlooked.......sounds interesting. I don't think the DOJ would do that unless they thought there was a good reason, heck they are used to people complaining, lol.

I just watched a video in which a person claims he'd worked with Zimmerman in the past in the neighborhood watch program. Granted their program wasn't registered nationally, and that in itself may be problematic because there should be one set of rules in place for all such watch programs, but here is what I have a problem with.

SYG implies to me when under attack only. Initially, Zimmerman wasn't being attacked, wasn't threatened with an attack. He pursued Martin. Who is to say Martin wasn't standing his ground as best he could? I believe he was. Neither male was defending a residence or a vehicle or any other personal property. Any history Martin may have had for any kind of illegal activities should not suggest he was up to no good that particular evening as he had nothing on his person to suggest such that I've read.

It seems to me, Martin, had just as much right to stand his ground, actually even more so than Zimmerman as he, Martin, was the one being pursued for unknown reasons.

If Zimmerman could determine that Martin was black, could describe what he was wearing, then it is likely than Martin could tell Zimmerman was on his cell phone talking to unknown persons. For all we know, Martin may have thought there might be a second person in cahoots with Zimmerman.

Martin had every right to ask why Zimmerman was following him. Did Zimmerman stop, and announce to Martin he was on a neighborhood watch team when Martin asked why he was following him? No. He should have. In fact, it is conversation that could have made both man and teen more comfortable, and averted a teenager losing his life, but even so, it could well have depended on the teen's attitude towards being confronted by an unknown adult.

I listened to the tape. I heard the racial slur, the curse words, and it appears to me, Zimmerman had a preconceived notion about Martin from the get-go. Zimmerman was, IMO, a cop wanna be, looking for a showdown. He got it, and I, too, think he needs to be arrested.

I am a white, female gun owner. It's my belief that no one who has any kind of record for violence should be allowed to participate in any neighborhood watch program of any kind nor should such a person be allowed a CCL.

Error #1. We have a situation in which the elder Zimmerman held some minor authority in the neighborhood, and shouldn't have by virtue of his own background.

Error #2. Zimmerman was armed, and shouldn't have been. He held a CCL, and shouldn't have. He also shouldn't have been packing while participating in a neighborhood watch program as that made him a danger to any other watch participants in the dark, if any that night.

Error #3. Zimmerman appears to have been working alone that night. A team member might have brought some much needed cool-headed thinking to the situation, and Martin's life may have been spared. This is why watches should be carried out by at least two people working together.

Error #4. Zimmerman avoided conversation with Martin which may have resolved the issue in short order. This left both Zimmerman and Martin to assume a me vs him attitude. It was Zimmerman's place to clarify what he was doing since he was the one pursuing Martin.

As much as I wish this was an open/shut case it isn't. I think at least negligent homicide charges are in order.

What I can't understand is why Martin, being followed would have pulled his hoodie up over his head. That would make it harder for him to watch his own back and see what Zimmerman was up to, and it certainly didn't offer Martin any protection.

Only one thought comes to my mind, and that's that while Martin's activities that night may have been purely innocent, he may also have been the one doing the robberies in the neighborhood, and didn't want to be identified or have his face match any sketches that may have already been done of a robbery suspect or suspects.

The truth is Zimmerman was not behaving in a responsible manner. If he could have put himself in Martin's shoes, Martin might still be alive.

Great post and it all makes complete logical sense. I had heard it started raining and that is why TM put his hood on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member