17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I wonder who Zimmerman was talking about when he said they always get away?

The burglarors/thieves
Just because a few were caught, does not mean most did not get away.
Just maybe those in the poster represent one job.

IMO, If half of the nation wanted me dead and me, my family, etc. were getting death threats I think i'd want another gun.

You would, even after senselessly killing another person? I wouldn't want to touch another gun again in my entire life if I were ZG.

Just to be clear, if I ever stated here that I believe GZ went out to deliberately kill TM, I did not intend to imply that.

I don't know he had intent to kill, but I don't believe his sole purpose for pursuing TM was simply to observe and report. He'd observed. He'd reported. They were on their way.

my bolding

I haven't seen anyone say or imply that, I don't know it kept getting repeated that's what people were saying, because it isn't.

The issue was in his self defense claim and saying he was scared and standing his ground. His intent in going after Tayvon, even stated by many legal experts, is what throws the self defense claim out the window. Whether being initial aggressor changes the self defense claim. That's why what GZ Chose all on his own to do and say is important.

Nothing to do with he intentionally set out to murder Trayvon.

And that night after the shooting, there was really not much else GZ could say other than it was all self defense. He couldn't deny that Trayvon was dead, he couldn't deny that he shot him. What else was he really going to say?

JMHO

I just didn't want this to get overlooked.......sounds interesting. I don't think the DOJ would do that unless they thought there was a good reason, heck they are used to people complaining, lol.

Now, the Department of Justice is launching another investigation into the entire Sanford Police Department.

"I am now in the process of talking with the Department of Justice and instituting a mechanism whereby citizens that have concerns or complaints about the Sanford Police Department can have their concerns heard and investigated by an independent agency," Bonaparte said.

The Department of Justice has not announced a sweeping investigation yet.

There seems to be a little bit of a mischaracterization going on in the first couple of paragraphs.

I don't believe he followed him to simply continue to observe.
I think the next prudent step, if one is feeling their police department is not providing appropriate responses/outcomes would be a meeting with said department--I'd imagine there's some sort of legal grievance process a citizen could initiate to address concerns like this?

You're a law student, yeah? Do you know if there is a process like that? tia

My question was, if you don't think he followed him to continue to observe, then what do you think the reason he continued to follow him was? You are skirting that issue big time. And it sounds to me as if your are insinuating that GM followed him to shoot him.

The legal grievance process would be to just complain to the police. But that doesn't solve the exigency of that night and the reasonable belief by a neighborhood watch volunteer that an unknown and suspicious looking person might be in the community to do harm.

In addition, the police were being dispatched so why you would bring up the next prudent step would be to complain about response times etc. - that part is all lost on me. It takes LE a while to get there and someone on foot running at night can be lost easily.

As a law student I know it's not illegal to follow someone who looks suspicious to you, in your own neighborhood and to report the location of that person to the police. That's pretty much standard NW conduct.

It is also justifiable and lawful to use deadly force in self defense to prevent somone from doing great bodily harm to you.

The questions we must have answered is what caused the two to meet up physically and who started the physical altercation and where was GZ's gun...had it been drawn or was it holstered during the scuffle? These are pretty crucial facts.

IMO, If half of the nation wanted me dead and me, my family, etc. were getting death threats I think i'd want another gun.
ITA
Imagine fearing that your kids can’t go to school; wife can’t go to the store.
what kind of existence is that.

I just didn't want this to get overlooked.......sounds interesting. I don't think the DOJ would do that unless they thought there was a good reason, heck they are used to people complaining, lol.

It is a major deal and will last a long time.

You would, even after senselessly killing another person? I wouldn't want to touch another gun again in my entire life if I were ZG.

if I was getting death threats, esp. my family.i sure would.

My question was, if you don't think he followed him to continue to observe, then what do you think the reason he continued to follow him was? You are skirting that issue big time. And it sounds to me as if your are insinuating that GM followed him to shoot him.

The legal grievance process would be to just complain to the police. But that doesn't solve the exigency of that night and the reasonable belief by a neighborhood watch volunteer that an unknown and suspicious looking person might be in the community to do harm.

In addition, the police were being dispatched so why you would bring up the next prudent step would be to complain about response times etc. - that part is all lost on me. It takes LE a while to get there and someone on foot running at night can be lost easily.

As a law student I know it's not illegal to follow someone who looks suspicious to you, in your own neighborhood and to report the location of that person to the police. That's pretty much standard NW conduct.

It is also justifiable and lawful to use deadly force in self defense to prevent somone from doing great bodily harm to you.

The questions we must have answered is what caused the two to meet up physically and who started the physical altercation and where was GZ's gun...had it been drawn or was it holstered during the scuffle? These are pretty crucial facts.

RBBM
I understand that is your opinion of what you think I'm saying, but it's not.

I don't think GZ was opposed to the idea of shooting someone, hence his carrying his gun. I never said it was illegal to follow someone. I don't think GZ should have continued to follow TM after knowing the police were on their way.

I never said he wasn't legally allowed to, but that he wasn't using good judgement when he did. You of course are legally allowed to discount my opinion.

BINGO that is it in a nutshell....How anyone is able to come to a final conclusion without this information baffles me.
It is wrong, unjust, unfair, un-American, inhumane to conclude what exactly happened that night.
We need it investigated, investigated and investigated until we are sure that all the T’s and the I’s are crossed and dotted.

Does anyone know how long GZ had the gun and the permit for a concealed weapon?

RBBM
I understand that is your opinion of what you think I'm saying, but it's not.

I don't think GZ was opposed to the idea of shooting someone, hence his carrying his gun. I never said it was illegal to follow someone. I don't think GZ should have continued to follow TM after knowing the police were on their way.

I never said he wasn't legally allowed to, but that he wasn't using good judgement when he did. You of course are legally allowed to discount my opinion.

So what do you think his purpose was in continuing to follow him then?

Carrying a gun does not make one hungry to kill. I am not opposed to shooting someone who is about to take my life or do great bodily harm to me including rape. I would protect the life of another as well. All those with a CCP are prepared to use their weapon of they need to. I feel you are using this fact to imply that GZ wanted to shoot someone that night.

So the police were on their way huh? How long was it before they arrived? What good would it have done if by the time they got there TM was long gone because GZ did not have a location on him? See, that's where you say it was bad judgment, but maybe it wasn't. It's only considered bad judgment to me, if GM had his gun drawn and was tracking the kid down for a confrontation, but we DO NOT KNOW THAT. It's being promoted as what happened, but I think that's unfair because we really have no idea.

Holy cow! That's gonna be one big job!

So since this investigation of the Martin shooting is out of the hands of the Sanford PD is the Chief of Police back on the job?

Even though Trayvon is no longer on this earth, he may well make a big sound that will bring needed changes. His death will not have been in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member