17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, you don't know that. Burgleries, home invasions etc. often escalate, especially if drugs are involved. If you are familiar with the Petit family murders you will understand that burgleries can become murders, especially at night when people are home. It's impossible for you to say that only property would have been lost had TM been an actual perp.

BBM - This is where your argument falls short. Trayvon was not an actual perp. Zimmerman made the wrong choice by going after him. He is therefore guilty of manslaughter/negligent homicide.

Zimmerman had no authority in demanding answers from Trayvon.

jmo

No. GZ was screaming for help, and had anyone showed up to help, it's unlikely Trayvon would have been shot. If people started flooding out into the courtyard, GZ wouldn't have shot him.

I do know this is open to interpretation, and others can have different "takes" on this, but that's my "take". Had there been any back up for GZ he wouldn't have had to use his gun. IMHO of course.

they have not done VOICE TEST yet...How do you know who's voice it was yelling help???
Why would you be that sure????
It is not open to interpretation. It has to be tested.
END THE KNOWING we do not know.

hmmm. Think GZ thought LE wasn't doing a good enough job?

The police didn't show up in time to catch the criminals the GZ was reporting. He seemed to be getting frustrated, and may have decided to make sure this one didn't get away.

The issue of course is that GZ had not witnessed TM committing a crime. He hadn't even witnessed any behavior that a reasonable person should find suspicious. Normal people sometimes walk slow, especially when they are talking on the phone. People do wear hoodies, and it's common to put the hood up when it's raining. And when you keep looking at someone, they tend to look back at you.

Prime News -

Oliver saying GZ is like every other person carrying a concealed weapon. But they probably haven’t stalked & murdered someone for no reason (except being black). jmo.

And screaming again at Vinnie for interrupting him, he's going to end the interview, boo hoo lol jmo

Whoa - anyone got HLN on with Vinnie?

Vinnie is interviewing Oliver. He asked him why GZ felt he needed to carry a gun. Oliver is all over the place and not really answering the question. Vinnie interrupted him and Oliver is getting quite testy - saying if Vinnie interrupts him one more time this interview is over.

Wow. Vinnie ain't mincing words with this guy AT ALL!!!

Just like with the neighbor, this so called friend, Oliver, isn't helping GZ.

JMHO

oh ok - Vinnie just asked Oliver if GZ has told him everything that happened.

Oliver: Yes he has

Vinnie: then aren't you afraid of having to testify?

lo

ETA: Vinnie: did he (GA) tell you that Trayvon grabbed a hold of the gun?

Oliver: No, he never told me that.

Now he's going on to tell how much TV experience he has and that he was fated to do this?

OMG - this guy is really too much.

JMHO

Watching HLN...

Joe Oliver is as some people say "a hot mess." He won't answer questions, he gets very defensive, and he seems very uninformed about the situation and George Zimmerman IMO.

Where's Frank Taaffe (sp), the other friend?

Even if he is arrested...even if this goes to trial...hmmm statements like that don't make Joe seem to certain...

:moo::twocents:

According to Joe Oliver, GZ did not say Trayvon grabbed the gun.

Joe oliver... "it was either Zimmerman or Trayvon that was going to die that night." Huh??

That is usually true - and sometimes in a burglary people do.
GZ had no way to know where he was or if he was holding a weapon.

But there was no burglary, and TM had no weapon.

I thought we were supposed to discuss facts here. We can speculate all day about what GZ thought, but if that's what passes for pertinent analysis, then surely we can speculate about what TM thought when he realized a stocky, hostile Hispanic fellow was shadowing him.

I thought we were supposed to discuss facts here. We can speculate all day about what GZ thought, but if that's what passes for pertinent analysis, then surely we can speculate about what TM thought when he realized a stocky, hostile Hispanic fellow was shadowing him.

We know that, this is just speculation.

That is usually true - and sometimes in a burglary people do.
GZ had no way to know where he was or if he was holding a weapon.

True, even more reason to do nothing until LE arrived. GZ was on a hunting spree, TM was walking down the street minding his own business (confirmed by call with girlfriend) only to be followed, accused of being a burglar, accused of being on drugs, called racial slurs and then shot dead. TM hadn't committed any of the prior robberies. I completely understand why the whole country is up in arms. This story is truly sickening and hard to believe. GZ was a complete fool and acted completely irresponsibly. I don't care what anyone says, this was racially motivated! If TM had been white he'd still be alive.

out of all the people GZ could have had spoke for him, he chooses this guy.

Yeah I'm waiting on the space invaders theory...........I mean heck if we are gonna speculate, why not go big? :floorlaugh: I predict Kimster within 5 minutes.

BBM

lol, are you implying that hasn't happened? :floorlaugh:

BBM - This is where your argument falls short. Trayvon was not an acual perp. Zimmerman made the wrong choice by going after him. He is therefore guilty of manslaughter/negligent homicide.

Zimmerman had no authority in demanding answers from Trayvon.
jmo

BBM - WRONG...
While a neighborhood watchman should call 911 if he sees something.
HE CAN ask people to identify themselves.
Questions like do you live around here, or what are you doing around here,
or are you lost, are not at all incorrect he can do that.

I still think he was overzealous, and eager did not want anything bad happen in the neighborhood.

BEING a neighborhood watchman is no great job, especially when you don’t get paid for it. it is a community service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member