17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that, this is just speculation.

I hope when people are speculating, they're careful not to blame the shot-dead person for being shot dead.

Of course GZ is going to have a story. He shot someone dead and he's going to justify himself. Speculating as to his noble motives is a fine line to walk, especially when there's a dead kid and the person who shot him is a full on adult.

True, even more reason to do nothing until LE arrived. GZ was on a hunting spree, TM was walking down the street minding his own business (confirmed by call with girlfriend) only to be followed, accused of being a burglar, accused of being on drugs, called racial slurs and then shot dead. TM hadn't committed any of the prior robberies. I completely understand why the whole country is up in arms. This story is truly sickening and hard to believe. GZ was a complete fool and acted completely irresponsibly. I don't care what anyone says, this was racially motivated! If TM had been white he'd still be alive.

So you think GZ purposely hunted down TM, called him slur names, (which none of us know what he said) and shot and killed him?

yes, it Is racially motivated by people who want to make it racially motivated. (JJ and AS).

Maybe this guy was the only one who would do it? :waitasec:
With a $10k bounty on Zimmerman's head that LE seems to be fairly passive about, I'd say you may be right.

Joe oliver... "it was either Zimmerman or Trayvon that was going to die that night." Huh??
He (Oliver) has been saying that for the past few days. Yet, he doesn't clarify it. I take it as there was a scuffle over the gun.

Oliver also said in this interview that he knows things about the case that have not been revealed yet. Oh really? But he told Vinnie that he hadn't heard the part of the 911 call when GZ wants the cops to call him on his cell. Vinnie directed him to the SPD website so he could listen - lol

out of all the people GZ could have had spoke for him, he chooses this guy.

It was my understanding that this is the guy who agreed to do it, not the first choice?
IIRC
:)

BBM - WRONG...
While a neighborhood watchman should call 911 if he sees something.
HE CAN ask people to identify themselves.
Questions like do you live around here, or what are you doing around here,
or are you lost, are not at all incorrect he can do that.

I still think he was overzealous, and eager did not want anything bad happen in the neighborhood.

BEING a neighborhood watchman is no great job, especially when you don’t get paid for it. it is a community service.

BBM

But here's the rub.......you don't have to answer him. He has no "legal" authority. Soooooooooo, that's where you need to make sure you have the right person as head of something like that. They simply need to observe and call LE.

It was my understanding that this is the guy who agreed to do it, not the first choice?
IIRC
:)

ok, but still zimmerman should have said no. surely he has other friends that wanted to speak on his behalf.

The police didn't show up in time to catch the criminals the GZ was reporting. He seemed to be getting frustrated, and may have decided to make sure this one didn't get away.

The issue of course is that GZ had not witnessed TM committing a crime. He hadn't even witnessed any behavior that a reasonable person should find suspicious. Normal people sometimes walk slow, especially when they are talking on the phone. People do wear hoodies, and it's common to put the hood up when it's raining. And when you keep looking at someone, they tend to look back at you.

Plus the people he was reporting in the 911 calls as suspicious, the ones that got away....there is a good chance they were visiting, or just moved in. They may not have gotten away because they weren't running they were walking acting suspicious yet LE didn't catch them at the back gate. Could be because they weren't suspicious. They could have just been there to visit. We just do not know but very few of his calls were associated with a crime. Just that he was annoyed and called them. jmo

BBM - WRONG...
While a neighborhood watchman should call 911 if he sees something.
HE CAN ask people to identify themselves.
Questions like do you live around here, or what are you doing around here,
or are you lost, are not at all incorrect he can do that.

I still think he was overzealous, and eager did not want anything bad happen in the neighborhood.

BEING a neighborhood watchman is no great job, especially when you don’t get paid for it. it is a community service.

He can ask, but unless the Homeowner's Assocation issued him a Barney Fife badge and some official papers, there's no authority whatsoever to demand or even expect an answer.

He can ask, but unless the Homeowner's Assocation issued him a Barney Fife badge and some official papers, there's no authority whatsoever to demand or even expect an answer.
Anyone can ask anyone else most anything. It's perfectly legal. No one has suggested that Martin was obligated to answer his queries. JMO

Then I guess they somehow got pictures of his tattoo of his mother's name 83 days ago and posted it, and for some reason got a ton of people to wish them happy birthday on February 5th, their nickname was Slimm, and posted a picture of a sketch of "Tray" drawn out all bubbly (looks like it might have been from his girlfriend).

I just don't see it as logical that someone planned an account that mirrored his life to that level months before his death. I'm pretty sure Occam's Razor, at the least, applies here.

There is nothing logical about saying it was clearly his without all the facts. It is curious and I hope that LE researches it and the results are known.

So you think GZ purposely hunted down TM, called him slur names, (which none of us know what he said) and shot and killed him?

yes, it Is racially motivated by people who want to make it racially motivated. (JJ and AS).

How can you say it's not? GZ went on and on saying all the burglars were black men. GZ insinuated that TM was on drugs and was carrying something in his waistband without even knowing anything about the kid. I call that racially motivated. Don't kid youself

True, even more reason to do nothing until LE arrived. GZ was on a hunting spree, TM was walking down the street minding his own business (confirmed by call with girlfriend) only to be followed, accused of being a burglar, accused of being on drugs, called racial slurs and then shot dead. TM hadn't committed any of the prior robberies. I completely understand why the whole country is up in arms. This story is truly sickening and hard to believe. GZ was a complete fool and acted completely irresponsibly. I don't care what anyone says, this was racially motivated! If TM had been white he'd still be alive.

<modsnip>so far nobody was able to find any racial anything. NO SLUR!
TM may not have committed any of the other burglars. But in the past 15 months we really do not know at all, he did have jewelry and screw driver in his locker.
He may not have smoked anything that day, but I don&#8217;t think he had an empty marijuana bag that was always empty.
Maybe GZ is a fool, maybe a cop wana be. Maybe there should be an arrest but only with a full investigation.
<modsnip>

Anyone can ask anyone else most anything. It's perfectly legal. No one has suggested that Martin was obligated to answer his queries. JMO

But because he really could not do anything, wouldn't it be best to just stay in the freaking car? GZ had no more authority than my great dane. He was not a cop, he should not have acted like one.

Bonaparte announced the new investigation Tuesday afternoon after receiving numerous complaints about the way officers handled other cases.

He said that so many people complained at Monday night's city commission meeting about Sanford officers, the city asked the Department of Justice to step in.

From above link. Wow, that's gonna take awhile.

It is about time.

Danny Glover? That's is who he reminds me of. OT, I know :blushing:

Michael Boatman from Spin City is who he reminds me of.

spincity.jpg

We know that, this is just speculation.

There's a big difference between speculating and debating the few facts we DO have and making up scenarios that didn't happen just for argument's sake, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995