17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can say for sure the victim is Trayvon.

Zimmerman had the gun. Zimmerman shot Trayvon dead. Prove it was self defense.

jmo

Prove it wasn't.

GZ is innocent until proven guilty.
He hasn't even been charged.

That tells me a lot.

please read this to set straight the hoodie.

The 16-year-old girl, who was not identified, said in a phone call recorded by ABC News this morning that as Trayvon was walking he told her "some man was watching him" so he pulled his hoodie over his head.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ils-20120320_1_shooting-death-gated-attorneys

You've lost me ... what is this setting straight? His dad said, in an interview, Trayvon probably put the hoodie on because it was raining. The one person that never made a big deal out of the hoodie was Zimmerman. He simply stated what Trayvon was wearing.

It seems to be this poster is explaining what should have happened instead of what did happen.

I don't see anywhere in the post were they try and blame the victim.

What should have happened has already been established. GZ should have gone home and let the cops handle it, rather than turning the streets of a free country into a shooting gallery.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not about to excuse any behavior that is going to allow that sort of activity in my neighborhood.

Teens who don't read signs, I can handle that. Teens who don't handle awkward situations flawlessly, yup. I can handle that too.

That is incorrect. NWP has no authority to stop and ask anyone a question. They are a watch only program. They can't patrol, they can't follow someone claiming authority to do so, they can't harass. Everything he did once he got out of the car was wrong. There is no authority other than LE for that community. If they had a paid security guard at the gate that person has the authority to ask someone where they are going, who are they visiting, etc.

GZ was no different than any of his other neighbors except he seemed to want to control the whole community, tell people what to do, how to do, etc. You are told to observe and call if suspicious......that is it. If you still have doubt read the manual provided by LE. jmo

What???? Last I checked it was a free country and you can ask someone what they are doing in these here parts. You have the authority of the Constitution of the United States to ask anything you want to another citizen. If it becomes harrassment, that's another story, but simply asking someone what they are doing in the neighborhood where they have never been seen before is GREAT!!!!!

Heck, I moved into a new neighborhood in Nashville and all the neighbors are on their porches, or working on cars. My boyfriend came to visit one night and he noticed I left my convertible top down so he proceeded to put the top up on my car when a deep and booming voice from behind him asked, "what are you doing, is that your car?" It was a very large imposing African American neighbor named Grafton from across the street who noticed that was my car but had never seen the boyfriend before (this was about two weeks into my residency there). BF explained who he was, they shook hands and it was cool.

We always appreciated that these guys in the neighborhood kept the criminals away. Two blocks over there were car break ins all the time, but not on my block. My neighborhood watchmen were just outside working on cars until all hours of the morning and not afraid to question strangers in the neighborhood. It was pure Americana to me. Were they packing? I don't know but wouldn't doubt it. Never worried about it. Almost everyone in TN has a gun.

Did anyone see this?

Matt Gutman ‏ @mattgutmanABC

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Watch @ABCWorldNews now for exclusive video of George Zimmerman the night he shot #Trayvon Martin. Only on @ABC more on @GMA tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/#!/mattgutmanABC

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

We bring you the first video of George Zimmerman at the police station the night on @ABCWorldNews . Does he look like he has a broken nose?

ABC still dropping big bucks to 'license images" from players in criminal cases for ratings... shocker (not), jmo.

Prove it wasn't.

That tells me a lot.

I guess you're not understanding the premise. That's okay.

If Zimmerman is charged with manslaughter/negligent homicide, and you as his defense attorney is saying it was self defense, you must show the court proof of self defense for an aquittal.

I believe Zimmerman will be charged with manslaughter. However, I do not beleive the case is strong enough to charge him with a hate crime.

jmo

FANTASTIC ARTICLE = GOOD POST :clap::clap::clap:

Alveda King: Sharpton, Jackson should stop ‘playing race card’ over Trayvon Martin

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s niece is criticizing the Rev. Al Sharpton and the Rev. Jesse Jackson for politicizing the Trayvon Martin shooting and leveraging racial tensions to rile up Americans.

Conservative activist Dr. Alveda King, now the director of African-American outreach at Priests for Life and the founder of King For America, said she hopes Sharpton and Jackson stop “stirring up the people without positive solutions” in Sanford, Fla., and elsewhere in the U.S.

“I would believe that, by stirring up all of the emotions and reactions, I wanted to encourage them to remember the man that they say that they followed, to remember that his message was nonviolence and very loving,” King told The Daily Caller, referencing her late uncle. She added that she wanted to encourage Jackson and Sharpton “to talk about nonviolence and not to incite people with that race card that they are very good at playing.”

MUCH MORE AT LINK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/28/a...-race-card-over-trayvon-martin/#ixzz1qSJXTX13
http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/28/a...-race-card-over-trayvon-martin/#ixzz1qSJ6dUxS

Bingo! you get the prize. Your see the two individuals exactly the way the "media" wanted you to see them.

We've seen recent pictures of Trayvon and he still doesn't look like a criminal or a , in my opinion.

Including the one that's supposed to be him mugging for the camera.

JMHO

There's a sign at the entrance of the property that states the area is patrolled by Neighborhood Watch. Assuming Trayvon could read, and I'm assuming he could, he would know that he might be watched....in the neighborhood. This should have come as no surprise. Instead of checking Zimmerman out and running off, he should have simply walked home. Zimmerman was doing nothing threatening -, he wasn't wearing a ski mask (which I have three of in my chest of drawers), or hiding behind trees - Zimmerman was in his truck, calling LE, as he was taught.

Trayvon ran and then, apparently, walked somewhere other than his home. Zimmerman lost him at that point. However they somehow met up again, when Trayvon asked, "why are you following me" and Zimmerman allegedly asked, "what are you doing around here?", Trayvon SHOULD have replied, "visiting my dad down by the entrance gate". Done. Trayvon is on his way - no harm no foul, Zimmerman meets the cops that arrived one minute later and tells them what Trayvon told him and they call it a day.

If Zimmerman is a resident of the gated community, he owns his home and has a right to ask anyone acting suspicious and not known to him what they are doing on the property - especially if they are walking around, looking at houses, staring at him, coming toward him, and then running away.

A 17 year old young man with all the manners and attributes given him by his parents in the press would have politely identified himself when asked. Zimmerman was doing nothing sinister. Zimmerman was not on Trayvon's property.

If the account we are hearing from LE is true, Trayvon should have just answered a simple question - or he should have been closer than 70 yards to his destination if he was "scared".

JMO

One thing always remains true. The victim always seems to end up being at fault because they should have avoided the accident even though they could not see it coming, they wore clothes that made the assault happen, they should have stayed away from that section of town, they should have known better, they should have........ locked themselves away forever in a room so no one could ever hurt them...it's all their fault. How many victims on this thread have heard these or similar words from people who thought the victim was responsible for what happened to them? I'm sorry I just can't agree with what is listed above.

FYI: GZ is leasing his condo, he does not own property there, he has no investment and no responsibility to any damage done by anyone. He has a landlord. He has no vested interest other than a control issue that he needs to feed. jmo

What have you seen that has characterized him as "hostile"? Observing someone from a distance?

He actually seemed very collected on the phone.

He ended up shooting a kid. I'd characterize that as hostile.

If Zimmerman is charged with manslaughter/negligent homicide, and you as his defense attorney is saying it was self defense, you must show the court proof of self defense for an aquittal.

I believe Zimmerman will be charged with manslaughter. However, I do not beleive the case is strong enough to charge him with a hate crime.

jmo

No you don't.

All you would need to do is show that it COULD HAVE BEEN. A jury would have to decide, without a shadow of a doubt.

Have you seen Trayvon's phone records? The ones I've seen allegedly belonged to his girlfriend. Any idea why Trayvon punching Zimmerman in the head would disconnect Trayvon's iPhone?

Do you have a link that TM's cell phone was an iPhone? I haven't read anything that said exactly what type of cell phone he had. Thank you!

Prove it wasn't.

That tells me a lot.

It tells me a lot, too. It tells me that LE was terribly inept at the least or corrupt at most. MOO

I can say for sure the victim is Trayvon.

Zimmerman had the gun. Zimmerman shot Trayvon dead. Prove it was self defense.

jmo

You can't prove it one way anymore than I can the other way because we do not have access to all of the information necessary to piece it together.

Just because someone is deceased doesn't mean they are necessarily the victim. When someone is killed in defense of ones self or another, they are dead, but not necessarily victimized if they were the agressor with itent to either kill or do great bodily harm.

The investigation will reasonably show whether GZ has a claim of self defense or not. It doesn't matter if TM was black, white, hoodie, no hoodie, skittles or gum - it's going to come down to who was the agressor, where was the gun prior to the shooting, was GZ injured and what the witnesses and 911 calls when put together can help a special prosecutor put together a reasonable explanation of how the events took place.

Your statements are so simplistic. Thank God our system doesn't work that way.

BBM - WRONG...
While a neighborhood watchman should call 911 if he sees something.
HE CAN ask people to identify themselves.
Questions like do you live around here, or what are you doing around here,
or are you lost, are not at all incorrect he can do that.

I still think he was overzealous, and eager did not want anything bad happen in the neighborhood.

BEING a neighborhood watchman is no great job, especially when you don’t get paid for it. it is a community service.
I'm neighborhood watch for my block. When I see something suspicious, I call it in to my local LE non-emergency line. I do NOT go after the person(s) and start questioning them, that is the job of LE, not mine! I also don't own a gun, nor would I ever!!! I made my future husband give up his gun before he moved in with me!!!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ips_cnns_roland_martin_over_trayvon_case.html

Rev. C.L. Bryant: "Whenever there is something like this that occurs like Tawana Brawley, or the Duke Lacrossee team, you can guarantee you that two faces will show up in order to heighten the tension in this type of situation and they're usually Rev. Sharpton and Rev. Jackson."

I am so glad to see/hear these voices of reason going public and speaking out against the ones that are saying things to inflame people.

Did anyone see this?

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Watch @ABCWorldNews now for exclusive video of George Zimmerman the night he shot #Trayvon Martin. Only on @ABC more on @GMA tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/#!/mattgutmanABC

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

We bring you the first video of George Zimmerman at the police station the night on @ABCWorldNews . Does he look like he has a broken nose?

No, it does not look like he has a broken nose nor does it appear that he has head lacerations, but then there is not a close up so can't be sure.

jmo

But he hasn't been charged yet. You can't go to step two (proving self defense) when you haven't even taken step one yet (charging him with a crime).

No you don't.

All you would need to do is show that it COULD HAVE BEEN. A jury would have to decide, without a shadow of a doubt.

If a person pleads insanity, there are all sorts of evaluations and official reports brought before the court. You can't just say oh oops, I cray cray for a minute! This is no different. If GZ wants to holler self defense for a situation he himself created, he will have to prove to a jury that it was so. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995