17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot wait for:
The voice analysis - who was yelling what and when. What was George mumbling under his breath?
Documentation of George and Trayvon's injuries other than a partial police report that says "Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and the back of his head."
The autopsy report.
Me too.

A good source with accurate times for the following calls would tell us a lot:

When did GZ hang up with 911?
When did the call from TM to his girlfriend get cut off?
When did the 911 call where we hear the gunshots start?

Cell phone networks records times to the second or better. And any 911 system should be doing the same.

Background noises in GZ's 911 call may give us hints about his location. When he left his truck, when he seems to be running, when he seems to be stepping on gravel. Near the end of the call, GZ slows down, lowers his voice and seems to be concerned that the suspect may be in earshot.

Did GZ hang up only a few seconds before the encounter with TM started?

those are all good Questions.

Furthermore, if GZ didn't identify himself, how in the he double hockeystick was TM to know he wasn't a gangbanger himself? How was TM to know he lived in the neighborhood? What was there to distinguish GZ from any other freak who slows the car down and starts talking smack?

Exactly!!! GZ looks more like a to me than TM does if you want the honest truth. TM looks like a teenager.

Now I notice everyone with a hoodie. It's really sad because everyone wears hoodies, especially when it's raining. It was raining that night and that is why TM put his hood on. It seems the hoodie was enough for GZ to make a determination that TM was up to no good.

I wonder if the officers used sirens when they were coming upon the scene.

Should a hostile man I've never seen before as me that question as I'm walking down the road minding my own business, dang sure my alarm bells are going to go off. Am I to assume he's the neighborhood watch chieftan? Naw.
What have you seen that has characterized him as "hostile"? Observing someone from a distance?

He actually seemed very collected on the phone.

There's a sign at the entrance of the property that states the area is patrolled by Neighborhood Watch. Assuming Trayvon could read, and I'm assuming he could, he would know that he might be watched....in the neighborhood. This should have come as no surprise. Instead of checking Zimmerman out and running off, he should have simply walked home. Zimmerman was doing nothing threatening -, he wasn't wearing a ski mask (which I have three of in my chest of drawers), or hiding behind trees - Zimmerman was in his truck, calling LE, as he was taught.
JMO

Respectfully snipped for space and emphasis.
I've seen neighborhood watch signs all over the place, but I wouldn't assume someone following me is one of them just because there are sign up.
jmo

There's a sign at the entrance of the property that states the area is patrolled by Neighborhood Watch. Assuming Trayvon could read, and I'm assuming he could, he would know that he might be watched....in the neighborhood. This should have come as no surprise. Instead of checking Zimmerman out and running off, he should have simply walked home. Zimmerman was doing nothing threatening -, he wasn't wearing a ski mask (which I have three of in my chest of drawers), or hiding behind trees - Zimmerman was in his truck, calling LE, as he was taught.

Trayvon ran and then, apparently, walked somewhere other than his home. Zimmerman lost him at that point. However they somehow met up again, when Trayvon asked, "why are you following me" and Zimmerman allegedly asked, "what are you doing around here?", Trayvon SHOULD have replied, "visiting my dad down by the entrance gate". Done. Trayvon is on his way - no harm no foul, Zimmerman meets the cops that arrived one minute later and tells them what Trayvon told him and they call it a day.

If Zimmerman is a resident of the gated community, he owns his home and has a right to ask anyone acting suspicious and not known to him what they are doing on the property - especially if they are walking around, looking at houses, staring at him, coming toward him, and then running away.

A 17 year old young man with all the manners and attributes given him by his parents in the press would have politely identified himself when asked. Zimmerman was doing nothing sinister. Zimmerman was not on Trayvon's property.

If the account we are hearing from LE is true, Trayvon should have just answered a simple question - or he should have been closer than 70 yards to his destination if he was "scared".

JMO

This whole entire post blames the victim.

Hey. I was replying to a HYPOTHETICAL about an actual perp and observing and reporting. Read the previous post. My argument was just because you can't get a location on a perp doesn't mean that only property will be lost as burglery perps are capable of escalating to murder so it may be reasonable to follow the suspicious person at a safe distance so that LE will be able to question them. I never said TM was an actual perp.

And what do you mean by "going after?" Under the law he is not guilty of manslaughter by simply following someone in order to report their location to the authorities. He is not guilty of manslaughter if he shot TM in self defense. If TM was the physical agressor and had him on the ground he is not guilty.

My point is neither your or I know what happened once the initial words were exchanged so we cannot say for sure who is the victim here.

I can say for sure the victim is Trayvon.

Zimmerman had the gun. Zimmerman shot Trayvon dead. Prove it was self defense.

jmo

I think the misconception here is "as head". GZ was never the head of anything other than an administrative coordinator/contact person in terms of setting up meetings. He had no authority. He could not patrol claiming to be NW. Everyone was responsible for their own property and watching, reporting and no one person was more responsible than the next. As a Criminal Justice major he would know that, if not the meetings he attended with LE explaining what the program is all about, and again, if he still didn't get it it's common sense.

By his own actions he has given people the idea that NWP is somehow an intercommunity police protection society and it's not. Even if you argue he was acting as security he never identified himself to TM with LE on the line. Why??? Maybe because he knew he would be corrected. Watch Captain does not apply to him because they don't have any. Security may have them but their community security consists of a gate and a camera.

This is what you would hear in court. His responsibility under the program was to watch and report never to pursue. At the point he decided to follow without cause (viable cause not some fantasy he was entertaining) he was stalking TM. ZG felt justified in his own mind but he was wrong, dead wrong. His background will hurt him because he can't claim ignorance. He knew better. He is every police officer's nightmare. jmo

Well said Lampchop! this should be the post of the day!!!

Zimmerman is a self-appointed neighborhood watchmen. He doesn't have any more authority than you or me.

I can self-appoint myself the Queen of England. And no one will care. However, if I'm packing heat, you may call me Your Majesty!

jmo

The HOA is the one who deemed him the watch person from what I hear.

I think the misconception here is "as head". GZ was never the head of anything other than an administrative coordinator/contact person in terms of setting up meetings. He had no authority. He could not patrol claiming to be NW. Everyone was responsible for their own property and watching, reporting and no one person was more responsible than the next. As a Criminal Justice major he would know that, if not the meetings he attended with LE explaining what the program is all about, and again, if he still didn't get it it's common sense.

By his own actions he has given people the idea that NWP is somehow an intercommunity police protection society and it's not. Even if you argue he was acting as security he never identified himself to TM with LE on the line. Why??? Maybe because he knew he would be corrected. Watch Captain does not apply to him because they don't have any. Security may have them but their community security consists of a gate and a camera.

This is what you would hear in court. His responsibility under the program was to watch and report never to pursue. At the point he decided to follow without cause (viable cause not some fantasy he was entertaining) he was stalking TM. ZG felt justified in his own mind but he was wrong, dead wrong. His background will hurt him because he can't claim ignorance. He knew better. He is every police officer's nightmare. jmo
BBM

Or maybe because he was approached from behind and was startled.

T: "Who are you?"
G: "What are you doing?!"
*nose punch*

JMO

Ohhh...
GZ had to tell him I am a watchmen?
But TM did not have to reply?

If I was a watchperson, I would not be telling you, You may get slick.
I would only tell you if I was at your door, but not outside in the street.

If you were a suspicious man stalking me and didn't identify yourself as a watchman I would not be telling you anything.

Mom told me not to reveal anything to suspicious strangers.

well actually after I thought about that. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. Trayvon's phone had an incoming call (from the gf) at 7:12 that lasted 4 minutes - so that's 7:16 and the first officer arrived on scene at 7:17. So.......................... I know the round out partials.

That one 911 call has 40 seconds of the fight. I don't think there was that much time in between all this for anything big to be missed.

This happened very fast. And that is a shame - when the difference of one minute - 60 seconds would have meant that Trayvon would be alive.

Crying shame iffen ya ask me.

JMHO
Have you seen Trayvon's phone records? The ones I've seen allegedly belonged to his girlfriend. Any idea why Trayvon punching Zimmerman in the head would disconnect Trayvon's iPhone?

Maybe the twitter account was not his, but parents do not always
know which social network their 17 year old are on.
Common.

Actually, no not common. Involved parents have responsible sons.

This whole entire post blames the victim.

It seems to be this poster is explaining what should have happened instead of what did happen.

I don't see anywhere in the post were they try and blame the victim.

At DC press conference yesterday Martin family atty Benjamin Crump said the Twitter acct referred to by Daily Mail/Daily Caller is NOT TRAYVON’S & they've spoken with Twitter about it. So, not Trayvon’s twitter acct or his tweets. Press conf aired on HLN Special Report yesterday, last 10 min of show (I dvr’d, just watched)… I couldn’t find transcript at hln but someone in msm probably covered presser too?
- - - - -
"The Conservative news site the Daily Caller and the blog the Wagist claim they have unearthed a Twitter account, which has since been taken down, that belonged to the teen. The site says Trayvon went by the Twitter handle NO_LIMIT_*****."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html

I am confused..
that photo on your link from Twitter is Trayvon.. his family is saying it was not his account???
WHT???

ALSO:
the t-shirts people are wearing of TM should be that photo from twitter.
By the way does the kid have gold bottom teeth???
What do you believe that's about?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html

Exactly!!! GZ looks more like a to me than TM does if you want the honest truth. TM looks like a teenager.

Now I notice everyone with a hoodie. It's really sad because everyone wears hoodies, especially when it's raining. It was raining that night and that is why TM put his hood on. It seems the hoodie was enough for GZ to make a determination that TM was up to no good.

Bingo! you get the prize. Your see the two individuals exactly the way the "media" wanted you to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995