2-15-2013 Dr Phil Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I recorded it - I will do the cheap upload (ie with my digital camera - as the real upload method I normally do, is just to much work for him!)

Here are 3 audience member shots while it is uploading (again, just snaps of the tv!) and the faces tell the story to me - JMHO!

Giving direct links as to not put their faces here for eternity! Not their fault they got this show! LOL
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/ws silly/007_zps5825d002.jpg (loved her - she looked totally disgusted!)
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/ws silly/004_zpscabe3a03.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/ws silly/008_zps9cbe2340.jpg

I think the look on my face would have been something like this .... :furious:

The biggest tell of her guilt (without proof, of course) is her lack of courage to resume her place in society as an innocent women, falsely accused. What gives?

What place would that be? I thought Fusion closed down.

Here is the first part. I started when the actual interview began, leaving out the preview stuff before they were in the studio.

Dr Phil:
Well, it's good to meet you.

JB:
Nice to meet you.

DP:
I know a lit about this case. I've, like many people, have followed along. I did the only extensive interview with the Anthony's, her parents, as you know. I know you've seen that interview. Now, you and I have never met.

JB:
No

DP:
So I'm glad to meet you. I have some questions for you, kind of catch up on some of the news that has come out. First, because there are some new reports. Did Casey file for bankruptcy?

JB:
According to news reports, yes.

DP:
Did she owe YOU any money?

JB:
I'm not, um, I don't have her permission to discuss her finances, so it's not something I can get into, unfortunately.

DP:
Is she preparing to give her first television interview?

JB:
That...I have no idea. I stopped representing Casey about, almost a year ago, and since then ahhhhh, I've just had minimal contact with her like you have with any normal former client.

DP:
Right, um, do you have a friendly relationship with her? I mean are you all on a good basis?

JB:
Yes. I should hope so. Ummm

DP:
Why are you no longer representing her?

JB:
(deep sigh)

DP:
Well I ask that because frankly, you know as well as I do, sometimes those you do the best job for, are the ones that wind up being the less grateful.

JB:
I couldn't agree with you more. I was..I had a unique opportunity to teach at Harvard Law School, after the case was over. While I was there teaching, the videos came out of Casey, and the media just swarmed again, and here I was at a turning point in my life, where I was starting to move on, and the circus wanted ti come to town again and it was just something I, I said, my job is over. I did the best I could and it was time to move on and not get involved with all the extra curricular things that go along representing someone in that position.

DP:
Are you still practicing law?

JB:
Yes. I am. (laughs)

DP:
so you're actively representing clients and

JB:
absolutely. and that biggest problem too. You know, my current clients want my focus. They want my entire, undivided attention. They really don't want someone out there, uhh, engaging with things that have nothing to do with the current case.

DP:
Has this helped your law carer, or has it tainted your law career?

JB:
It's ..I think it's certainly helped. You know with all the good and bad things that were said. I think one thing was for certain. People got to see someone who's committed to their client and who fought as a defense lawyer should and I dont think any one who's ever in a situation like that would demand less from their attorney.

DP:
Did she agree to you writing the book?

JB:
She signed a waver allowing me to do so and to discuss it and yes.

DP:
Okay. Now based on reports, George and Casey have reconciled, which leads me to why I invited Jose here today. In his opening statement, he made an explosive accusation, claiming that Casey's father, George Anthony, had been sexually molesting her since she was a young girl. Now the question that I have, did he knowingly misrepresent facts or present scenarios to the court that he knew to be untrue? Take a look at this and then we'll talk about it.

Video of the opening statement played. Video of the Anthony's on Dr. Phil played. Dr Phil asks Cindy if she knows that George never molested Casey. Cindy: absolutely. Video of George testifying with Jeff Ashton asking about it. They had the notes on tv dating it was John Ashton.
Video of George and Cindy on Dr. Phil.

DP:
Okay. You went after George in a big way. You say in your book that you had five prongs of the defense, correct?

JB:
Correct.

DP:
He was number two or three as I recall.

JB:
One if the things that I did want to put out there was some of the details of what she said, and these inherit details that kind of gave us the impression that wait a second. This might not be a lie. Granted, she's got a string history of lying and lying and deception is one of the key symptoms of someone who's been sexually abused. I didn't just come right out and accept it. I had her examined by mental health professionals, multiple mental health professionals, and they all came back with the same conclusion., that she shows classic signs of someone who's been sexually abused.

I will do more tomorrow. It is tedious posting this much from a phone. Please excuse any typos.

He taught in Harvard :p? That's wild.

Thanks to all who bit the bullet for the rest of us. I just get PTSD when I hear JB's name. It all comes back to me in a terrible flood on anguish for the lack of justice for Caylee.

Thanks to all who bit the bullet for the rest of us. I just get PTSD when I hear JB's name. It all comes back to me in a terrible flood on anguish for the lack of justice for Caylee.

You are not alone

Picking up where I left off.

DP:
Ok, but here's the reason I ask this, because you said "casey was raised to lire. This child at 8 years old learned to lie immediately. She could be 13 years old, uhhh, have relations with her father, and them go to school and play with tyre other children as if nothing ever happened. It all began when she was 8 years o and her father came into her room and began to touch her inappropriately and it escalated and escalated ." You talked about it many times throughout the trial. You talked about it in terms of her brother Lee following in his father's footsteps. Well, on page 2254 of the transcript, the judge says this is way late in the trial, "There is absolutely no evidence that the defendant was sexually molested by her father or her brother." You get up there and throw him under the bus. You say all of these allegations and then tjer judge instructs later in the case that you never delivered one shred of evidence that that was the case. In fact, the only evidence that was ever presented were, court statements from her extra-boyfriends that said no, they didn't see anything like that going on.

As for the free books---he probably had extras in his closet:floorlaugh::blushing:

I cant watch it. But do question why the always bill him as saying something new and he never ever does. I do hope that ga atty contact. Jb with papers.

I giggled when Dr. Phil said "everyone will go home with his new book, blah blah blah". Now I don't remember if the audience clapped or not! :floorlaugh:

All in all, I wasn't upset. Maybe it's finally wearing off. I'm glad Baez said his client was/is a pathalogical liar and hope she gets help. I didn't agree with his stance on the molestation and cover up (never did, never will). It goes without saying that you don't sit in jail for 3 years if your child drowns and grandad said he would "take care of it". I believe that story as much as I believe in the Easter Bunny.

Hubby watched it with me too. The only thing he had to say about JB is "he's so full of "bleep"".

MOO

Mel

Hinky that he would bring that up without provocation, eh?

:great::great: MY FAVORITE PART - Dr. P holding the book like it was crap at the end of the show, barely showing the cover - and then holds the book with the spine view backwards................but then he does his usual walk to get Robin and looks as if his hand is being contaminated carrying the book ------------> He TOSSED THE BOOK TO SOMEONE IN THE AUDIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen him do that in all the years I watched his show. The poor guy who caught it snickered as if to say - ' oh sure, give it to me to toss in the can on the way out.'

Faces of audience members were priceless. I didn't see one face that bought his act. So, I guess we will see a small ripple in the sales from the free copies? Right now, 4 hours after the show aired EST and the numbers do not show the kind of bump that a book normally does.
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #39,219 in Books

I just loved how he tossed it like a contaminated hot potato!!!!!!

On previous shows I've noticed that books are often left under the audience chairs. I wonder how many are still sitting there!

:great:

Anyone know if the show brought in the record book/kindle sales jose was hoping for?

I totally understand and appreciate what you're saying, Intermezzo!

What I dislike is that JB must have heard many and all variations of Casey's lies (because, as you reminded us, he shared some of them with the public before her trial), evaluated them all and chose the one that he thought might fly.

Ummm, there's just no way that seems moral to me! Seems more like being an accessory after the fact and less like a legal defense. I have as little respect for him as I do the murderer.

BBM

I remember, following opening statements, learning what the defense was going to be and having conversations back and forth with my mom... We were both appalled at how far they took it... We were discussing how we believed this outrageous story came to be, and how it was developed. We didn't believe for one second it could've happened like they were claiming... (Not saying this is how it happened) We envisioned the dt sitting around one night, with all the evidence spread out in front of them, and basically saying, what story can we come up with that fits all this? And the only thing they could come up with is the implausible bs story they went with... GA did it. They had to have an answer for all the key pieces of evidence, which ruled everyone else out but someone in the house... And therefore, GA becomes a molester and is responsible for Caylee's disappearance. Imo, this is so obvious and how some were/are unable to see right through it, and how this all came to be, is beyond me. It also speaks to me, even further, of her guilt... The reason all her answers to the evidence were so implausible and ridiculous, is because they were. No one else, but fca, could've done it, imo...

It seemed when jb was talking about ga molesting ca that he did not do the ca said but his opinion, of the way she acted lead him to believe it.
I thought he had to stick with making sure whenever he talked about it that it had to be ca said.

Jose Baez: Dr. Phil scoffs at his psychological theories

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...hil-scoffs-at-his-psychological-theories.html

McGraw said he understood that Baez had to zealously represent his client, but questioned Baez’s candor and dismissed the attorney’s theories as “flimsy.”

Baez was having none of that. “Not a single juror has said they found her not guilty because she was sexually abused,” the attorney told McGraw. “You’re taking a leap.”

At one point, McGraw displayed a graphic that listed Casey’s many lies. “It’s kind of like when her lips were moving she was lying,” McGraw said.

We know they didn't say they thought she wasn't guilty because of sexual abuse but they all said they were skeptical of George and they were only skeptical of him because what was said in opening statements. If Baez didn't lie in his opening statement then George would have never been so combatant on the stand therefore leaving the jurors with nothing to be skeptical about. George even said even though he knew what was gonna be said in court when he actually heard it come out of Baez's mouth that he wanted to leap over the railing and confront Baez. Ironically George made that comment when he appeared on Dr. Phil. To me Baez yesterday seemed almost uncomfortable when Dr.Phil kept mentioning the events of June 16th. If I was Dr.Phil I would've been asking for the whole story of June 16th 2008. i would've demanded that he provide a timeline of what happened then we could've matched it up with all her phone calls and texts that day. If Baez didn't want to comply then I wouldn't have had him on the show. It seemed as though Dr.Phil didn't buy into the story but didn't ask the right questions

JB:
Well I disagree strongly with Judge Perry's ruling in that mater and in that regard. There are several ways. First of all, in a trial, the defense doesn't have a burden if proof. That's, that's to, that's key and fundamental with everyone's individual rights. Most importantly, you never know how things are going to unfold in a trial. There was evidence that we put on, that we believe was inductive of sexual abuse. Ummm. First of all, cross examination. George was cross examined on the issues of sexual abuse, and clearly he didn't admit it. The jury was free to believe or disbelieve what he said, and that would be the same if Casey took the stand and said "I did not murder my child." The jury could believe it our not believe it and that's still considered evidence. Secondary, we had other issues. The fact that Casey was 19 years old, had never been to a gynecologist, had irregular periods from the age of 10, and her mother is a registered nurse. We admired that a possible evidence, of circumstantial evidence, of sexual abuse. There was the issue with her pregnancy, with her, where her family his her pregnancy and she never went to a doctor until she was 7 1/2 months pregnant. And third, yes, ummm, Casey could have taken the stand and testified to all of that so there was a god faith basis for every subtler thing that was spoken at trial. Now, here's the thing. The defendant, in any case, has the, it's their right to testify and it's their decision alone. Had I not of said any of this, and later on Casey had said you know what Jose, I'm going to testify. I dint care what you say. I would have had no choice. She would have had to testify. So, it would have been tremendous malpractice on my part if I had not mentioned the rest of the story and what we believed would have , would actually piggies. We had had the possibility of Casey testifying, in fact, it was a string one, until we later believed we didnt need it.

DP:
But it's true, the defense doesn't have the burden of proof, but you, as an officer of the court, dui have a duty of candor to the tribunal.

JB:
Correct

DP:
To not present evidence that don't have god faith basis for believing

JB:
For which I just said I did.

DP:
From a psychological standpoint, you gave very flimsy reasons. The fact that she didnt go to a gynecologist until she was 19 years old, linking that back to say, well therefore you can presume that she was sexually molested. Jose, that is a huge leap.

JB:
(getting louder) None of my reasons are flimsy because as I mentioned to you, Casey could have taken the stand and said each and every one of those things, as is the right of any citizen in this country. My point is that this is evidence that was put on to support it. Did it reach the level of beyond reasonable doubt? No, but you know what? That's not her burden. That's not the defense's burden to prove or disprove anything. In fact it's one of the specific jury instructions that the jury is given by the judge and it's the law. It's our fundamental law that if you're ever accused of a crime you do not have to do anything or say anything.

DP:
But you as an officer of the court do have a standard.

JB:
Absolutely.

DP:
Okay. We have to take a break. Coming up, Jose says that Casey isn't the only one in the family that lies. We'll talk about that next.

Teaser: George, Cindy and Lee all refused to take a lie detector test.

All Baez kept saying was the doctors kept telling me these are all signs of an abused person how come Dr.Phil didn't bring up the fact that one of his doctors didn't want to testify because he didn't believe the stories she was giving him or the fact that she told 2 doctors 2 different stories. Again not asking the right questions

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back