2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JT's new reported time "around 4 p.m." as reported here: http://www.wesh.com/news/21207035/detail.html is in agreement with BJB's favorite candidate for lining it up with the cell phone pings. BJB's post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4241646&postcount=344"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ping Map for June 16, 2008 - Discuss that day only.[/ame]

I wonder why there's the discrepancy between the time in his statement and the time in the WESH article.

I've made every attempt to read all the posts here, but sheesh! It got longer and longer and longer!

I find the written report filed by JT to be interesting. However, I doubt that that is all LE has from him. They must have interviewed him to clarify points. I can't wait to see that interview transcript! MORE DOC DUMPS, PLEASE!

I do the same thing that you describe above. KC is of the younger set though and from what I know about her and what I observe with my son, they would not be caught without their phone, either inside the house or outside the house.

I don't know your age, but my guess would be - I don't want to guess - but anybody younger that 25 years may be prone to this phone appendage thing that the older set can't relate too exactly.

I would bet a lobster dinner in Maine that KC never left home without her phone - ever.

I'm right there with you on this thinking, but I am basing my opinion on the cell records of hers that we have seen that span several months. It is apparent from those records that not only did KC rarely go anywhere without her cellphone, the mast majority of the day was spent either texting or talking to people on that phone!

I would find it hard to imagine that she "forgot" her cell, on this one instance, when her cell history shows it was her best friend....

And in case anyone is keeping track, I am still leaning towards this guy being insignificant and am not convinced that KC even had contact with him. His statement, to me, just reads way too convenient in details that were already out in the public BEFORE he decided to make this report to LE....a year later?! (and LE seems to on top of everything to have spoken to him orally in 2008 but not getting around to getting his written statement until a year later????) And I thought I read in one of his first interviews, in response to the question of why he waited so long to go to LE, he stated, "I didn't think it was really important at the time..."

WHAT?! With KC and Caylee all over the local news since July of 08, he didn't realize it was "important" until mid 09?

IF KC had contact at his store at some point, I think there is a lot of embellishment, etc to "fit the story"...but we will see how this plays out!!

JMHO

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4247150&postcount=4"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.10.05 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***[/ame]

Hope the above link works.

I just read that the time the witness saw Caylee is around 4 rather then what I thought was previously as noon. Can someone tell me if this is a misprint. All I could think of is OMG that really makes it quite possible that KC put her in that trunk alive. So little time before being with Tony.

Now that makes a lot more sense, the time being closer to 4pm. Well done BJB, you had it right!!!!!

But of course, knowing this makes me wonder what happened between this time and the blockbuster time - did she go home again in that time?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.10.05 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***

Hope the above link works.

I just read that the time the witness saw Caylee is around 4 rather then what I thought was previously as noon. Can someone tell me if this is a misprint. All I could think of is OMG that really makes it quite possible that KC put her in that trunk alive. So little time before being with Tony.

Sounds like the author of that report have been reading Bond's posts like this one:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4241646&postcount=344"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ping Map for June 16, 2008 - Discuss that day only.[/ame]

I just read JT's statement and well it just sounds like a 'guy', their visual and he seemed to want to make it clear of why KC stood out to him. Didn't sound like a perv to me. I just don't understand if now there is a descrepancy about the time he saw them at the Walmart?

Well if this is true, it is possible that Caylee was in the trunk of the car, taped and alive the last time KC saw her and explain why KC looks calm in Video Store Video.
Still not going with the accident scenario. Could add drugged and taped and alive to the above however if that is true I still think whatever condition Caylee was in when put into the trunk KC knew Caylee would never come out of the trunk alive. Just possibility that at the time she and TL were at the Video Store KC didn't know Caylee was dead, yet.
I do not believe that Caylee's death was an accident.

Darn wouldn't it be great if they still had the video surveillance at the Walmart. No way in heck they still do. But it would be great if they did.

At the end of the report BK says 'sources' close to the prosecution say he is 'sincere in his belief' but indication is that they will not take it as gospel.

I wonder why, the pings seem to support it.

He seems more believable to me on video than he did in his written statement.

So he says on a scale of 1 to 10 - how sure is he that it was Casey Anthony that he saw. He says 11! Still, he has no proof so I'm sure the defense will be on attack!! Watch out JT-we may just find out what grades you got in high school and college!!:crazy:

And we wonder why a married man would hesitate to come forward after having an interaction with KC. After all the local ZG frenzy that went on, I wouldn't blame anybody for waiting until LE came to see them to admit meeting her.

And we wonder why a married man would hesitate to come forward after having an interaction with KC. After all the local ZG frenzy that went on, I wouldn't blame anybody for waiting until LE came to see them to admit meeting her.

Yep! And IF he is in the middle of a little marital drama of his own-I bet the other half of the drama will be contacted by the defense! I hope it is not another case being hit and run over by the defense bus!:snooty:

I just read JT's statement and well it just sounds like a 'guy', their visual and he seemed to want to make it clear of why KC stood out to him. Didn't sound like a perv to me. I just don't understand if now there is a descrepancy about the time he saw them at the Walmart?

I don't recall reading anywhere that he said that he saw KC and Caylee at noon. He simply said "around lunchtime". I usually take my lunch at 3p. I think some people mistook lunchtime to mean "noon" but he does not specifically state what time he saw them.

I just saw his video and he is certain and positive that he saw them on that day and is willing to swear it in a court of law.

What concerns me is what might have been on the parking lot video surveillance at that Walmart if this guy had just come forward sooner. The video surveillance might have shown anything - including the answer to exactly what happened to Caylee on June 16, 2008. Now, I'm afraid it's too late and the video is probably gone. How could anyone think that seeing a crime victim on the day of her disappearance is NOT important and wait over a year to report the sighting???

Isn't this guy like in his late 40's??? That's what makes his comments, in a documented police statement! seem a bit......inappropriate? If you read his statement from the viewpoint of a peer of KC's (20s), then it makes sense, but from a man who is sliding towards 50? And he made the decision to not approach in Walmart because he didn't want to get involved with another "bad mother"????

My hinky is still stinky...and look at all the media attention he and his store is getting.....free advertising if you didn't know where he was located before!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper