2008.07.24 George Anthony Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But yes, I agree 100% this is taking the easy way out, and I'll take it a step further and call it selfish. Doing the right thing is most of the time very hard, if it weren't, everyone would be doing it.
Lanie

Respectfully snipped.

I guess I just don't see what the "right" thing for GA to do, is? He's working with LE and giving them all of the information he has. In fact we get the idea from this new interview that he knows he shouldn't be talking to them as candidly as he was, but he took it upon himself to go down there and give them more information. He went to the GJ and testified what he knew as well. To me he is doing a lot of "right" in working with LE even when it pains him to do so. He had to know that this interview would get published, but he did it anyway, regardless of what may be happening inside the walls of the A house now that it is all out there.

He has been talking to LE and telling the truth. He HAS been doing the right thing for Caylee.

But that doesn't mean he no longer loves the rest of his family.

Geez I so go back and forth on George. This interview is heart breaking and very honest. He apologizes for Cindy. He hope and wishes about Caylee, yet I think he knows. He doesn't like Baez, doesn't seem to trust him at all. He knows what his daughter was, what she might have been capable of. He co-operates fully with the cops. He seems like such a good guy, but he's so emeshed in his crazy family, Cindy and Casey, that they just seem to keep sucking him back in. Interviews like this 7/24 one get me rooting for the guy bigtime. Then the next time I read or hear him, he's apparently consumed the Cindy cool aid and is spouting fantasy nonsense, talking about what a fine mother and person KC is, about how people are being surveilled, dissing cops, and I start thinking it's hopeless for him and I become angry that he not a stronger voice for justice for Caylee. It's as if he can't break away from the madness that his daughter has spread throughout Orlando. I know he's dwelling in missery. I know he loved Caylee. He says that he was there from the beginning for Caylee in ways he wasn't for his own children, but if he can't break free and face the truth, he may never be able to move forward out of the craziness and Caylee may never have any chance for a real champion from her own family. It's so, so sad.

The interview ends with YM saying that the poor man is throwing up... :(

It angers me all over, again, that Casey is letting those that do care about Caylee, suffer. Does she get some kind of pleasure out of it?
It is curious to me about the timing of GA feeling ill. It was immediately after YM asked for S to call back a supposed lead in a camp ground in Cali, wasn't it?

I think GA knew it could not be Caylee and his reaction was to be physically ill.

I'm on page 27 now, still reading, but I have to say I have always felt that GA knew what was going on and was just trying to be a protective husband. I also get the feeling that LA might have gotten a clue and that could be why he's been so absent lately.

OMG, my heart is just breaking for GA. And, in a way for CA too. She seems to be in complete denial and is refocusing her energy inappropriately and GA is almost helpless. Sad, sad situation. Damnit KC! Just tell them what you did and where that baby is so you can stop torturing your family! You cruel, heartless, b!+*&!!!

That's right. Even if KC was sentenced to LWOP, I guess there would be no point in pursuing anything else not directly connected to this case. JMO
Yes...that's true, but they would have more ground for a DP conviction. Someone last night posted the FL statutes.

This says a lot. At least, GA questioned it once or twice.:

GA: And then my wife says, "I think he's working in Casey's best interest." I said, "Where is Caylee in all this stuff?"

She is trying to save the one she can save. It's as simple as that.

If Caylee is dead, then she is gone. She can no longer feel. And Cindy can no longer hold her, etc.

But Casey is still here in this world. As a mother, she is fighting all she can to bring her child home. No matter what her child has done.

I"ve seen parents lie about things to protect their children. To keep their children from punishments. Talk to teachers, schools, neighbors. Parents can witness events, and still llie to cover for their children.

THIS is no different.

That doesn't mean she isn't mad at KC or wouldn't 'punish' her, herself. Just that she wants to 'control' the punishment. Keep her girl safe and coming home.

Doesn't make what she is doing right. But hopefully folks will start paying more attention to 'this' type parental behavior when they see their friends and family do it, for their little "special ones."

Wanta know what is wrong with our school systems.. Watch Cindy..... This is what schools have to deal with.

After reading this interview, I don't believe that George played any part in helping Casey. If he had additional information, I believe he would have given it. Cindy probably wears on his last nerve and he feels almost as guilty as she does (for preventing this from happening), but he helps keep a united family front.

why then does he make that statement that it was "not his granddaughter's body in the trunk of that car"! this, (along with his liming) bothers me.

I read in one of the earlier interviews of one of Casey's friends that was the reason for the split. You know, you don't hear much about men being stuck in a mentally abusive relationship, but it happens. I imagine he is quite "stuck" at this point, but when all is said and done, I hope he runs/does not walk and finds some peace and happiness in his life.

What you wrote makes perfect sense. Cindy seems to have a very abusive, if not abrasive, personality, and Lee may be the only one that had a free pass with her.

Remember how it has been said that Cindy ridiculed Casey in front of Jesse.
Remember Casey saying "mom always said I was an unfit mother."
For some reason, I am thinking she has taken 'controlling personality' to a new level.

Her actions and behaviors have even rubbed off on Casey and Lee:
"Job Hunting for Dummies", the fact they talked about not wanting to be there when he was there, etc.

I am still nagged by the fact that Cindy maybe the last proven person to see Caylee alive (if you believe George was lying about seeing the 2 on the 16th).
I hope LE is investigating this. There has to be a reason Casey has clammed up and uttered those words: "You don't know what my involvement in this is.."

Poor George.

It is curious to me about the timing of GA feeling ill. It was immediately after YM asked for S to call back a supposed lead in a camp ground in Cali, wasn't it?

I think GA knew it could not be Caylee and his reaction was to be physically ill.

O I feel like wretching now. It has occurred to me that I think GA has made up some of the things he has later, after the fact, to protect CA and LA. I was only thinking it was to cover up what KC had done.
This actually makes more sense to me.

This baby, who we all never met but love, can inspire thousands from 32 states and 2 countries to drop everything, be away from their own families, to look for her, and these people continue to stonewall- Beyond my comprehension, I admit.

I realize there are parents that continually say, "Not MY child!"...exactly like CA told YM in her interview. This isn't new in our schools or in life. Parents like this have always existed. It is unfortunate for the children they raise, but they don't grow up to murder their own. They grow up with a sense of false entitlement until life hands them a lesson or two.

Geez I so go back and forth on George. This interview is heart breaking and very honest. He apologizes for Cindy. He hope and wishes about Caylee, yet I think he knows. He doesn't like Baez, doesn't seem to trust him at all. He knows what his daughter was, what she might have been capable of. He co-operates fully with the cops. He seems like such a good guy, but he's so emeshed in his crazy family, Cindy and Casey, that they just seem to keep sucking him back in. Interviews like this 7/24 one get me rooting for the guy bigtime. Then the next time I read or hear him, he's apparently consumed the Cindy cool aid and is spouting fantasy nonsense, talking about what a fine mother and person KC is, about how the people who took KC are being surveilled, and I start thinking it's hopeless for him and becoming angry that he not a stronger voice for Caylee justice. It's as if he can't break away from the madness that his daughter has spread throughout Orlando. I know he's dwelling in missery. I know he loved Caylee. He says that he was there from the beginning for Caylee in ways he wasn't for his own children, but if he can't break free and face the truth, he may never be able to move forward out of the craziness and Caylee may never have an real Anthony advocate.

I have SO felt the same way with George, back and forth, everytime I started feeling compassion for him, he would start on some crazy theory. While what he is doing is not exactly what I wish he would do, or how I would like to see him go about it, at least after reading these interviews I know he is doing something, which is FAR more than Cindy or Lee for that matter. He's tormented and conflicted, but at least not in complete denial as I had thought before. I will pray for strength for him to keep on, as I think Cindy has beaten him down so bad over the years, he IS, I believe doing what he is able to do for Caylee and that's what matters IMO.

Yes, I can see what you are saying, but we are talking a grown man here, who, when it comes right down to it, is free to come or go as he pleases. If he is staying in that house with Cindy it is because he chose to be there.
Lanie

In an interview once he described Cindy as a spirited women now we all know she's a control freak,crazy ,manipulative ,possible socipath but George loves her and does not see that side to Cindy IMO .. Cindy has manipulated George for a long time and he can't see it... Casey learned this behavoir from her mother ..she also knows how to manipulate a man..

Geez I so go back and forth on George. This interview is heart breaking and very honest. He apologizes for Cindy. He hope and wishes about Caylee, yet I think he knows. He doesn't like Baez, doesn't seem to trust him at all. He knows what his daughter was, what she might have been capable of. He co-operates fully with the cops. He seems like such a good guy, but he's so emeshed in his crazy family, Cindy and Casey, that they just seem to keep sucking him back in. Interviews like this 7/24 one get me rooting for the guy bigtime. Then the next time I read or hear him, he's apparently consumed the Cindy cool aid and is spouting fantasy nonsense, talking about what a fine mother and person KC is, about how people are being surveilled, dissing cops, and I start thinking it's hopeless for him and I become angry that he not a stronger voice for justice for Caylee. It's as if he can't break away from the madness that his daughter has spread throughout Orlando. I know he's dwelling in missery. I know he loved Caylee. He says that he was there from the beginning for Caylee in ways he wasn't for his own children, but if he can't break free and face the truth, he may never be able to move forward out of the craziness and Caylee may never have any chance for a real champion from her own family. It's so, so sad.

When you read him next? Are you talking about media stuff? Stuff he is doing with the family?

That stuff is part of him surving. It doesn't impact the case one way or the other. But it does help him with dealing with his family. In an envriment he has to live in.

KC is doing the exact same thing right now. She is following what she is told to do. Sleeping where she is told to sleep. Because that is what she has to do.

His wife has flipped her wig. It really harms none, for him to stay with her. He might have been keeping her much calmer then she might be without him.

Thro sickness and health. I know that is what my vows said.

You can not force your love ones to seek help. There are laws against that. All you can do is stand beside t hem until they bottom out. And be there to catch them.

We might think it would be better if he left. But it's always hard to leave, and know your going to be alone. He would really be alone. No family.

No, I don't think he has drank the kool aid. I think he is trying to do what is best for his family. Different members have different needs.

As much as I would like to I still don't trust GA 100%. He is, of course, a bit more likable then CA...but still there is something in my inner being that tells me not to trust him.
They may simply play "good cop and bad cop"
Sorry, call me jaded but I still think he knows more.

O I feel like wretching now. It has occurred to me that I think GA has made up some of the things he has later, after the fact, to protect CA and LA. I was only thinking it was to cover up what KC had done.
This actually makes more sense to me.

This baby, who we all never met but love, can inspire thousands from 32 states and 2 countries to drop everything, be away from their own families, to look for her, and these people continue to stonewall- Beyond my comprehension, I admit.
Unfortunately, we have to also look at GA's testimony objectively instead of emotionally. From an emotional standpoint, I can see where everyone is coming from...

now step back and read it again from the perspective of LE. Note the way he jumps onto certain issues and how he himself is trying to control things in the conversation.

There are two points that I get our of reading GA's testimony that I have never thought of till now:

One that Baez is doing everything he can to keep KC away from her family. That I believe is the reason that he kept her at his office all those hours. He and KC have some kind of history together and he is desparately trying to keep it from coming out of KC's mouth! Hence why he is working for free. We all know that KC didn't have any money to give him!

Two that I believe the reason the pool ladder was in the pool after reading this. She killed Caylee and kept her in the trunk for 2 to 3 days. Then decided to put her in the playhouse of sandbox. Then decided to move the body and bury it so she backed her car into the garage to put the body in the trunk. The body was very dirty and stunk so she dipped it in the pool to clean it off enough to put in the trunk and hopefully get rid of the smell. (didn't work). Anyway, I think that is why they found the ladder in the pool.

Or should leave his wife over it at this point. It called the "or worse" part of marriage vows.

I mean not to be rude or anything, but lets say he did leave her and she did something awful to herself..then everyone here would blame him for leaving her...:rolleyes:

We do not know what he has really said to her behind closed doors.

ITA George is not that type of man he will stand by Cindy and his family ...He knows they are wrong but what can he do? They are his family and he love's them he is the only one in the family with a heart..

As much as I would like to I still don't trust GA 100%. He is, of course, a bit more likable then CA...but still there is something in my inner being that tells me not to trust him.
They may simply play "good cop and bad cop"
Sorry, call me jaded but I still think he knows more.

I too think it is possible he knows more now. I have to remind myself this interview was conducted just 8 days after LE was first contacted, who knows what George learned from other family members since then. Honestly, I wonder about Lee, considering he is always refered to as the level headed and cool and collected one by George. I think if anyone, KC would have turned to her brother.

Respectfully snipped.

I guess I just don't see what the "right" thing for GA to do, is? He's working with LE and giving them all of the information he has. In fact we get the idea from this new interview that he knows he shouldn't be talking to them as candidly as he was, but he took it upon himself to go down there and give them more information. He went to the GJ and testified what he knew as well. To me he is doing a lot of "right" in working with LE even when it pains him to do so. He had to know that this interview would get published, but he did it anyway, regardless of what may be happening inside the walls of the A house now that it is all out there.

Every time he goes out in public insisting Caylee is alive, when he knows d*mn good and well she is not. Saying Caylee is seen here, there, everywhere, saying they are watching ?? the kidnappers??, still not clear on who they were watching, none of this is helping matters, and in some cases it is making it worse. Why is he doing it? If he doesn't want to offend Cindy, he could do that just as well by keeping his mouth shut and refusing interviews. I'm not sure if this is true, but if so, he could be assisting TES, not stealing their supplies, and also by giving them something of Caylee's for the dogs to scent on, if Cindy really refused to. He went to the GJ because he had to, and we don't know what he testified to. At the beginning, my heart broke for George, and also for Cindy. What a horror this must be for both of them. This interview took place on July 24th, 9 days after George found out Caylee was missing. He seemed to have a firmer grip on reality all the way back then than he does now. I have never once believed what some others here do, that either Cindy or George were involved in what happened to Caylee, I don't believe either of them helped dispose of the body, and I honestly don't believe either of them knows where the body is.
This is too long, bottom line, I always thought this dancing with the press they are doing was detrimental to the investigation, Melich and Allen(sp) both lay that out all the way back in July to George, yet it doesn't stop, not just by Cindy, who is beyond George's control, but also by George.
Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06
Back