2008.10.22 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Investigators said they plan to present evidence that Anthony had been doing computer searches for chloroform, and the air in the car was saturated with the solvent.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17668939/detail.html

Chloroform is a member of a group of chemicals called "trihalomethanes." It is used to make coolants, as a fumigant for grain, and as a dry cleaning spot remover.

Chloroform can be formed during the break-down of chlorine-containing compounds, and may be found in in small amounts in chlorinated drinking or swimming pool water. Chlorine treatment of drinking water is often necessary to prevent diseases that can be a major cause of illness.

Chloroform evaporates quickly.

I actually thought along the same lines as you in the beginning, thinking it could have been possible that the chloroform actually came from chlorine saturated pool water, and possible body fluids, such as urine combined...but then I couldn't explain why KC looked up chloroform, more specifically "How to make chloroform". The computer searches lead me to believe the chloroform in the trunk was not a mix of pool water and urine, or this is one heck of a quinkadink.

A quinkadink second only to there actually being a ZFG at Sawhill on the 17th.

Is the commissary like an actual little store?? That the inmates go into and browse around and pick out items to buy?
Depends on the jail. Some have "order forms" that you fill out and turn in by a certain day and get your items later. Prisons usually have a little counter you go up to and get what you want. Coffee is the big bargaining chjip. You have cofrfe; you are a very popular person.

Really, I can? I'm asking because there seems to be a lot of debate about the amount of Chloroform found. You stated as a fact that the air was saturated, I figured you had a source for that information. :waitasec:

Nancy Grace said that more than once "according to her sources."

Gotcha, in Florida heat and it being even hotter in the trunk, some estimates put the trunk at 130 degrees during the hottest point in the day, a day or two to smell it inside the car, a week or so smell it outside of the car. I have a hard time thinking the body was in there until the 27th though, unless this "undetermined stain" is the size of the trunk. The body liquifying would leave tons of forensics. The text messages and comments about the car smelling sure lead me to think she dumped the car and body on the 27th.

WOW - 130 degrees

That certainly would speed up decomp.....I would think so anyway

I was just thinking that if KC did put Caylee in the Trunk then it would get progressively worse with each passing day & maybe she could have been in there for 11 days - but your right though

If the temp. is that hot then the smell would definitely become unbearable sooner rather than later

BOLDED BY BOSTON

Investigators said they plan to present evidence that Anthony had been doing computer searches for chloroform, and the air in the car was saturated with the solvent.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17668939/detail.html

Thank you. I've found articles saying trace amounts, substantial amounts, and that the air was saturated. I'm looking for the original LE announcement to see what they said but I can't seem to find it.

Chloroform is a member of a group of chemicals called "trihalomethanes." It is used to make coolants, as a fumigant for grain, and as a dry cleaning spot remover.

Chloroform can be formed during the break-down of chlorine-containing compounds, and may be found in in small amounts in chlorinated drinking or swimming pool water. Chlorine treatment of drinking water is often necessary to prevent diseases that can be a major cause of illness.

So are you saying the chloroform was really from someone (GA) trying to clean out the trunk of the car? Since it would have evaporated already if it was used by Casey on Caylee a month earlier?

I actually thought along the same lines as you in the beginning, thinking it could have been possible that the chloroform actually came from chlorine saturated pool water, and possible body fluids, such as urine combined...but then I couldn't explain why KC looked up chloroform, more specifically "How to make chloroform". The computer searches lead me to believe the chloroform in the trunk was not a mix of pool water and urine, or this is one heck of a quinkadink.

Has any official information been released that actually shows what was being searched on the computer, by whom, and when. We saw detailed phone pings, copies of reciepts, store videos, and text messages but have we actually seen a log of what was searched by time and by user login?

Any idea how much these items cost though? I've heard they can be very expensive like a huge mark up from what would normally be retail. Is that true? :confused:

In our state it is. They charge $6 or $7 for a pair of underware. You can buy a pack of three for that at Walmart. It is very expensive. They have to purchase everything, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, underware, tshirts, shoes. Years ago in our state you could send them Christmas packages, now you have to purchase one from them at a huge markup.

0.02 to 0.05 ppb is to be expected in the air.
900,000 ppb will start to cause side effects in people breathing it.

The original reports on the chloroform said "significant" amounts were present. I don't think it was accidently created and I actually don't buy that she made it at home. She may have looked up how to do it, but I can't see her playing chemist completely untraced.
------------------
I also read the article at the Body Farm.Seriously remembers more than I do (LOL,senior moment) it is pure chloroform and somehow it settles to the bottom which is why the trunk carpet was saturated.If Caylee were in there any length of time,lying on the carpet it seems it would be stronger.Nancy should remove Koblentz (sp) from her panel. It seems to me he is afraid of saying the wrong thing and screws up his answers.I have nothing against him but he is working for the defense so makes it hard for him.IMO.

Really, I can? I'm asking because there seems to be a lot of debate about the amount of Chloroform found. You stated as a fact that the air was saturated, I figured you had a source for that information. :waitasec:
I have seen and heard it as often as you have since you have followed this case, too. You know it is out there and has been stated more than once. I figured you could take my word for it or you could look it up if you didn't want to believe me. :blowkiss:

Is there a way to make human decomp smell and death bands on hair as well without a death?

I've always thought that something had to instigate that search...

They had to have suspected something was wrong back then...

I think George either noticed the ground disturbed or the odor in the yard after KC removed Caylee

Yep, me too......I wish someone would ask them WHY they searched their own backyard that night......

*if* someone has been missing for a month, WHY search your own backyard,
for a *live* person ?????

So are you saying the chloroform was really from someone (GA) trying to clean out the trunk of the car? Since it would have evaporated already if it was used by Casey on Caylee a month earlier?

It evaporates quickly, as in not a liquid anymore. But it breaksdown very slowly and is still present, especially in a space like the trunk. If you google chloroform and the environment it talks about how long it stays present in different mediums.

Chloroform is a by product of Chlorination. Its a fact they had a pool which was treated with chlorine. The fact that KC had a trace amount of Chloroform or Chlorine by-product in the trunk shouldnt be that big of a shock (no pun intended). The thought she had to use chloroform to knock little K out to visit TL is really not practical since CA would have taken little K anytime. Need to do a little more research on human urine interacting with chlorine which would be more likely if little K drowned in the pool and was placed in the trunk still in the wet diaper etc.

Some good points but...

1. Why did she search chloroform recipes on her computer. :crazy: Actually I think maybe she was making chloroform brownies. Knocked out her friends took thier money, knocked out Caylee so she could party, now trying to knock out Baez at his office so she could>_____fill in the blank_________ LOL

2. Casey probably didn't want her to babysit because they were fighting, she was being called an irresponsible mother by Cindy. Now Casey is pis#$d and she's taking Caylee to be a "spiteful Bi*ch". I see Casey storming out of the house, Cindy saying "Sweetheart just leave Caylee" and Casey is saying FU and why so you can rag on me about being a bad mom, you think your her mother. Caylee and I are going on a vacation to bond w/out you. In fact you'll be lucky to see her again.

Storms out...Plan backfires when TonE says "NO" to Caylee being there. (Do we know if that really happened?) Now nowhere to go. Caylee is crying wants to go home and wants Cindy. Casey is on edge, snaps and Caylee pays.

The plot begins.......

Depends on the jail. Some have "order forms" that you fill out and turn in by a certain day and get your items later. Prisons usually have a little counter you go up to and get what you want. Coffee is the big bargaining chjip. You have cofrfe; you are a very popular person.

It was reported a few days ago that Casey gets to go to the commissary during the one hour a day that she's allowed out of her cell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski
Back