2009.02.20 Do you think Autopsy Photos should be released? REVISITED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping this to show why I don't believe any photo's will be released, this was a "HUGE" deal when it happened, and I believe it will apply here.

Hey lisalei!

I think someone talked about this on a thread back when the body was found. I think it was the legal eagles thread but I think I remember someone saying that Dale's law doesn't apply because Caylee is a minor! :waitasec:

Thats what my rant was about , that they sent the photos to the family, that they hacked a my space account and one minute your'e viewing a memorial and next her tragic death

They sent messages of how sad it was that the porche ended up like that, and how she was a spoilt daddy's girl

Thats what I am talking about - the Sick B8stards. No respect !

:(

Maybe we should have a seperate thread for nikki !

Sorry, I thought that may have been what your post was about...but, I didn't have time to read the whole thing. I couldn't believe that someone would do that to a family that had just lost their daughter, either. Wasn't it the first time that the family had seen those pictures? (Yes, we do need a separate Nikki thread).

I pray they won't be released. There's no need for the public to see them.

Why would they release photos of a bunch of bones? Am I missing something here? I don't care to see them personally.

I for one pray they dont show the remains to the public. Thats just going "too far" IMO. If they did, I wouldn't look at them-out of respect for little Caylee.

They don't have lawyers, they're not white, they're not pretty = people don't care

I do think Nikki's family was treated horribly - and those that leaked the pictures should be held accountable in one form or another. Unfortunately the family used their victimization to portray their daughter as an innocent angel. If she had survived, I would vouch for her to spend at least a decade in prison.

The internet has been along long enough .. at least I've seen my fair share of gruesome images I can't ever take back.

I hope I didn't send JaneinOZ to the loony bin ..
Okay you and I are too far off topic, but it is a good topic. we actually have threads on this very issue here at WS.
I'll check on Jane.:angel:

Jane is fine..
Thank you LOL

Do we have a Nikki thread Jbean?

I think that NO they shouldnt be released, after reading what happened with Nikki. There is a LOT of Hate out there for the Anthony Family and I Think people would torment them

Hey lisalei!

I think someone talked about this on a thread back when the body was found. I think it was the legal eagles thread but I think I remember someone saying that Dale's law doesn't apply because Caylee is a minor! :waitasec:

Hey Cocoamom, long time since we've been on the same page :)...

But I still believe that the law applies based on below:

In response to overwhelming public outcry following the death of racing star Dale Earnhardt, the Florida legislature passed a law requiring a judge to approve any access to autopsy photographs, which had clearly been open under the state’s sunshine law.
Gov. Jeb Bush on March 30 ((2001) signed into law a bill that requires a judge's permission to gain access to autopsy photographs, which were formerly public record under Florida law.

Red is mine, here's the link:

http://www.rcfp.org/news/2001/0402hb1083.html

Under the Florida Law's I don't believe they are allowed to be released - something to do with Dale Earnhart's photos - can't remember the name of the law at the moment.

From: http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/02/09/smith.pictures/index.html

"In 2001, Florida passed a law, known as the Earnhardt Family Protection Act. The bill, named for NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt, made autopsy photographs, video and audio recordings confidential. Violators could be charged with a third degree felony that could be punishable by jail time and up to a $5,000 fine."

For your bump JBean :) I don't think the public will ever see the photo's.

Quick question...

I know that the autospy photos will not be released to the public via disclosure (doc dumps) but if the trial is televised (which I really hope is and I need to up my cable prior to the trial to get court tv) will we see the photos during the trial? Many times during trials the crime photos are blown up and put on boards for the jury to see, would it be blocked out for the camera?

Quick question...

I know that the autospy photos will not be released to the public via disclosure (doc dumps) but if the trial is televised (which I really hope is and I need to up my cable prior to the trial to get court tv) will we see the photos during the trial? Many times during trials the crime photos are blown up and put on boards for the jury to see, would it be blocked out for the camera?

My understanding is that the photo's cannot be shown at all.

If they are shown at trial, the camera's have to be directed elsewhere.

I do not think they will be released and I do not think they should be released. I really can't think of any reason they would need to be released. Yes, I agree that it might help us understand some things better - (assuming one could look at them and I'm not sure that I could). But our understanding isn't needed for this case to be resolved or for this defendent to be convicted. I know the jury must be shown the photos and I think that's all that's needed and hope they are never leaked to the press and show up all over the internet.

By the way, this is my opinion on almost all cases. I say almost, because their are rare cases where it might help to solve a case if the public is given certain information and while I think in 99.99% of the cases that can be done without the actual autopsy photos, I must leave room for that 1/100 of a percent and say "almost" all cases.

If KC confessed and I knew that there would be justice in this case, HECK NO, I would not want to see it. BUT, the reason I'm here is because I want the truth. That means I have to hear things I wish weren't true and look at pictures that shouldn't exist. Yes, release all information. You never know where the truth will be found.

I do not care to see the actual autopsy photos, but I would like a better idea of the placement of the duct tape. I would like to see some sort of sketch, because the details provided in discovery are rather confusing to me.

In substantiating the State's case, I think that the jury, Casey, the Anthony's and the court need to see the photos, especially the skull with the duct tape, and any other skeletal remains which may show proof of trauma. I do not think they should be made available to the public, out of reverence to Caylee. They are simply bones now. She is with her Heavenly Father . . . Ashes to ashes, dust to dust . . We all come from God & unto God we shall return . . .

That being said, I also hope they have a beautiful poster size photo displayed in front of the court room at all times, to keep the focus where it really belongs. . .
Surly only my opinion

Well. I'm just nosy, and I know it. But when you get right down to it, there is nothing that we, here, can do better than the appropriate officials can do. I'd like to think I wouldn't bend to my own curiosity and just look at the pictures, but I probably would.

I actually don't think that we on WS have any business looking at the autopsy pictures and I hope I wouldn't look at them.

No, it's wrong.
But I am interested in the autopsy report, but wouldn't want to see these images.
IIRC the prosecution filed a motion to seal these photos, Baez promised in the court that he will set up a secure website to keep those photos.

I do not think they will be released and I do not think they should be released. I really can't think of any reason they would need to be released. Yes, I agree that it might help us understand some things better - (assuming one could look at them and I'm not sure that I could). But our understanding isn't needed for this case to be resolved or for this defendent to be convicted. I know the jury must be shown the photos and I think that's all that's needed and hope they are never leaked to the press and show up all over the internet.

By the way, this is my opinion on almost all cases. I say almost, because their are rare cases where it might help to solve a case if the public is given certain information and while I think in 99.99% of the cases that can be done without the actual autopsy photos, I must leave room for that 1/100 of a percent and say "almost" all cases.

My feelings exactly regarding the photos, but as Reagan said, I would like to have a sketch of the skull/hair showing the size and placement of the duct tape and also the "heart shape" glue remnants if any. I'd also "like" access to the full written autopsy report.

Rightly or wrongly, the sketch and written report don't seem to me to be such an awful invasion of little Caylee's dignity or privacy. Photographs do seem that to me. Furthermore, although I harbor great contempt for the A's, I don't think they, or any grandparents, should have to endure the awfullness of seeing photos of their little one's skeleton whenever they turn on a television or log onto a computer. The very thought of that makes me feel like wretching. If, however, I thought for a moment that any of us, anywhere, could discover something to aid in convicting Caylee's murderous mother, I'd grit my teeth and say, "Release those photos!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back