2009.04.13 State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also born and raised in Illinois and my brother is an attorney there. So I do understand a broken system But since the Bears got Cutler, there may be hope... LOL ok just kidding.
I have never supported the DP, it's just not in me. But, if we are going to have it, then let's have it,use it and do it right or get rid of it.

If there ever was a case to use it...here you go.

I've read through this thread too and while I am not one to debate DP, abortion or really any of your beliefs. Your beliefs are your own based on your experiences, faith, or logic - whatever spawned them, they are yours.

However, I will share with you my thoughts.

I believe this comes down to consequences. Something that KC is not familiar with. Through out time, society will provide the consequences to ones actions. Good or bad. Are there improper consequences? Yes, of course, for we as humans are not perfect. But I bet the majority of the time, things are "righted" if you will.

Is death the right consequence? Well, we'll let the jury decide. that is their purpose. The State obvioulsy feels that this crime is one that warrants that type of decision and we will look to the jury to determine it so.

I for one believe that death is too good for her. But I would also dislike her recieving any more notice while she rots in jail (commissary funding, TV Specials about her, etc). The one thing I would hope to come out of this in the end is that little Caylee isn't forgotten, and that we do not refer to it as the Casey Anthony deal.

We hear OJ, Diana Downs, but we forget the names of their victims. I pray this doesn't happen to Caylee.

At the end of all this, I hope the family finds a sense of peace. I hope that all of us that have followed this case so closely are able to come to terms with the outcome of the trial, and that we remember that precious child that was taken too soon.

Per the above, there may be several MITIGATING CIRCUMSTANCES that Casey's team might use at trial.

These three spring immediately to mind ...

(a) The defendant has no significant history of prior criminal activity.

(b) The capital felony was committed while the defendant was under the influence of extreme mental or emotional disturbance.

(e) The defendant acted under extreme duress or under the substantial domination of another person.

Has this topic already been discussed?

IMO, no prior history is the only mitigating factor that applies.

I may be alone in not being shocked by this or wondering about the State's motives? Bureaucracies move slowly in making or changing decisions. The first, not to seek the DP, was made when there wasn't even a body, and in light of the added difficulties that presented. Wasn't it virtually a week later that Caylee's remains were found? There are also more test results and evidence now. They seem to have weighed it out and decided differently. The fact that the defense may later show some mitigating factor doesn't erase the fact that some aggravators are present, in the State's view.

Whoa!!! Hold On!!!!! Back the truck for a second!!!! Did you say Susan Smith got pregnant AFTER or DURING the time of her kids being killed? Was she already pregnant? I didn't know this. OMG!

I Googled this after I read that. Apparently, at some point in her life, before she was married with kids, she got pregnant by some guy and had an abortion-at the time she was sleeping with a married co-worker, her future husband and her stepfather! What happened in prison is that a guard admitted to having sex with Smith 4 times. This came to light after Smith was found to have contracted a sexually transmitted disease. An investigation ensued to see how she got that behind bars! There was no pregnancy then-could you imagine that?

If the defense goes to trial with the ZFG claim - and the jury is allowed to hear that very first interview with LE Casey gave while walking though Universal, to me there is no way doubt can be raised, given the out right and WELL delivered lies from Kc's mouth. The jury would have to believe KC's claim over the investigation into the existance of ZFG.

I just hope LE showed that they did search her out even if they thought KC was guilty from the start.

add in there those fake emails to herself and the orchestration of it all, there is no way a jury would believe a word.

I just hope that evidence is allowed.

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/19174398/index.html

Baez's comments.

Casey Anthony's lead attorney called the state's decision to seek the death penalty against his client a "sad day for justice" and said she's "aware of the forces that are out to get her."

Jose Baez spoke with Local 6 News late Monday night after spending about 30 minutes with Anthony inside the Orange County Jail. The visit took place after the state announced that it would be seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Apparently the idea of getting found guilty and put to death for this horrible crime against her innocent baby was on KC's mind a long while ago. Have you seen her myspace image of a little girl, a noose and a teddy bear with the caption Why do we kill people to prove that killing people is wrong? It leveled me when I saw that. The State has it in their evidence, CLEARLY, these are not normal things that a 22 year old happy go lucky girl would have on her mind.

ps Yes, the soil on her shoes matched the crime scene and they did find chemicals in the baby's hair. They have a lot more than has been released. A lot.

Yes, I have seen that in the docs.
It is very distrubing to me as well.

Baez's comments.

Casey Anthony's lead attorney called the state's decision to seek the death penalty against his client a "sad day for justice" and said she's "aware of the forces that are out to get her."

Jose Baez spoke with Local 6 News late Monday night after spending about 30 minutes with Anthony inside the Orange County Jail. The visit took place after the state announced that it would be seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

A sad day for justice? What in god's name does that mean? No one is seeking justice for KC. The forces out to get her? Like GOD?

I fear this man is putting false hopes into that girl's head, he better THINK LONG AND HARD and try not to do anything else during this thinking, for he has this girl's life hanging in the balance. If he saw the evidence and there is even a chance he thinks he will lose this case and she could be put to death, he should plea.

I would hate to think he rather become famous or infamous than to save her life.

I am no KC fan, but I think she shoudl admit her wrong - do her time and maybe have a chance and spare her family the loss of another person.

I don't know what I want for KC. I lean towards the DP, but then looking at FL's record with condemned women, I don't see an execution ever happening. LWOP would be ok for her as well. A lifetime of incarceration-no clubs, parties, Target, internet, or cell phones. However, in prison she can continue her education, catch up on reading, have "relationships" and have the good people of FL (including my parents!) pay for it all. I know they'd have to pay for Death Row as well. To imagine the terror sweet Caylee might've felt is beyond my comprehesion. Her punishment MUST fit the crime. Now that I think more about it, the DP would be best since narcissistic sociopaths care about themselves so much-the thought of losing her life must terrify KC.

If you take a life, especially that of a child who is vulnerable and unable to defend herself and you murder her for selfish reason under terrible circumstances, why do YOU have the right to live?

There was no one there to protect Caylee - why on earth should anyone protect the person who killed her?

If my child hits someone then she should expect to be hit right back.

I hope KC feels some of what Caylee felt when the system decides she deserves death and she like Caylee is unable to stop it.

To me that is the only justice for that little girl.
and not only that why should the tax payers waste thier money on someone who killed an innocent baby ? she could get out escape and or have another baby just to kill that one too .and what is this telling other baby killers .(that they can get away with it ) if caylee cant eat sleep play be kissed or hugged or held neither should casey and casey decided it was time for caylee to die ..she was her judge and executioner ..what right did she have to do that to her daughter ? so imho its only fair its done to her ..the reason i keep saying dp for baby killers is the simple fact that too many are getting away with this .. they get put in prison have thier 3 meals a day have a place to sleep dont have to worry about paying bills or working .. while that child is 6 feet under ...no to me that isnt fair and mabey just mabey if the dp is put in place for anyone that does harm to a child and the perp knows this they will think twice about harming a child .. i dont want to see anyone die either ..but as a mother i dont want to see anymore harm come to an innocent child either

Baez's comments.

I would like Mr Baez to elaborate about "THE FORCES that are out to GET HER" Should be interesting.

Baez's comments.

"Aware of the forces that are out to get her." He's as delusional as she is. The forces?! Is he going to show up in court with a light sword? Out to get her? Poor little thing is just being persecuted by the big old, mean old Pros Vader.

Baez's comments.

:laugh: "aware of the forces that are out to get her"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Please tell me that Baez did not actually say that!!!!

Maybe he meant, "may the force be with her" ..

Baez: Forces Out To Get Casey Anthony
State To Seek Death Penalty In Case

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's lead attorney called the state's decision to seek the death penalty against his client a "sad day for justice" and said she's "aware of the forces that are out to get her."

respectfully snipped for space

Casey was "out to get Caylee" when she murdered her!! As I previously stated, I am not a proponent of the death penalty but I understand the mitigating factors which prompted the State to put it back on the table.

I dunno if this has been discussed, but anyone notice on the New Events thread that the same day the DP was filed there was a supplemental witness list filed for prosecution? Do you think there's a new witness in town with some damning evidence? Perhaps DC??? Hmmmmm....

kc will walk her last mile wearing eye mascara and holding her head high......just like she did when they arrested her the first time.

I believe she is the female version of Scott Peterson. Perhaps she will also bang her head on the van as she heads to death row (for those who saw that clip of SP). They really are 2 peas in a pod.

Not to get off topic, but I also believe Cantu's killer should get the DP. Maybe giving all these child killers the DP will give another killer the thought to think twice. It's also my hope that we keep cases like these in the spotlight.

If it saves one child....what a blessing this mess can be.

Peace,

Melanie

I dunno if this has been discussed, but anyone notice on the New Events thread that the same day the DP was filed there was a supplemental witness list filed for prosecution? Do you think there's a new witness in town with some damning evidence? Perhaps DC??? Hmmmmm....

I was also wondering who is on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand