2009.12.22 Jesse G on Today Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of hits on employers googling...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLL_en&q=employers+googling+prospective+employees

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=s4&oq=employers%20g&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_en&q=employers+googling+employees

Google yourself and find out what comes up. A friend of mine made the mistake of sharing her full name on a message board and someone she worked with googled and out of curiousity followed my friend's online trail (she used the same username for lots of message boards) and gossiped personal details about my friend.

JG will forever be haunted by this as will other people involved. Thanks to Casey Anthony.

I agree!
Also about not being able to find a job....
he's not charged with anything and I don't see an employer
googling someones name!

The internet is an employer's latest tool to screen potential employees. They do background checks, google, and check out Sex offender registries, Facebook and Myspace. It's also advised that everyone does this for potential babysitters and dates.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/20/eveningnews/main1734920.shtml

(snip)
But, as CBS News correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi reports, an increasing number of potential employers are accessing these profiles — and using them to decide whom they hire.

http://technology.findlaw.com/articles/00006/010851.html

(snip)
An employee recently argued that he improperly was terminated based on his employer's Google search relating to his prior work background. Should such an argument stick? Well, it did not in this particular case, Mullins v. Department of Commerce, just decided on a non-precedential basis by the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.

You are the BEST. Thanks.

O/T....When does the new season of weeds begin?

ahhh! Totally gave you the wrong link bc the next video started playing after Jesse's spot-- Here's the real link -- sorry!! :blowkiss:

I don't know about the Weeds! I'm still a season behind! Too much time on websleuths!!:eek:

The internet is an employer's latest tool to screen potential employees. They do background checks, google, and check out Sex offender registries, Facebook and Myspace. It's also advised that everyone does this for potential babysitters and dates.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/20/eveningnews/main1734920.shtml

(snip)
But, as CBS News correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi reports, an increasing number of potential employers are accessing these profiles — and using them to decide whom they hire.

http://technology.findlaw.com/articles/00006/010851.html

(snip)
An employee recently argued that he improperly was terminated based on his employer's Google search relating to his prior work background. Should such an argument stick? Well, it did not in this particular case, Mullins v. Department of Commerce, just decided on a non-precedential basis by the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.

Ahhhh, Google. Where would we be without it? I think I google everything and everyone.

It's really hard for a company not to be prejudice towards future candidates but you have to think of it like this: If he got a job a CVS (just making something up) then you as a company wouldn't want to media hounding around your business. Also, come March he will be needing some time off to testify. There are many other applicants that wouldn't hinder the operation of a business.

I know it's wrong to do that, but you have to look at it from the Company's view.

The only thing in this interview regarding JG I'll find fault with is his choice in color of socks , they stuck out like a sore thumb .

Jessie was the ONLY daddy Caylee ever knew !! It is painfully obvious how much he loved Caylee and is torn up about what happened to her .

My heart goes out to the entire G family .

I just wanted to share my own observations, watching this Jesse Grund interview this AM, because I sense there might be something deeper than grief at work here. JMHO, of course.

Jesse appears to be a sensitive, religious young man. He fell in love with Casey & his whole family fell in love with Caylee and they all planned a life together. Then, he discovers he was not Caylee's father. He & Casey break off the engagement. He loses Caylee in the bargain, but continues to love the little baby he once thought was his. He stays in touch with Casey - trys to maintain a friendship - always asks after Caylee. Casey puzzles him and scares him; he realizes she's capable of serious deceit. He watches Casey's personality change before his eyes. A short time later, Caylee dies at the hands of her mother, and Casey disconnects from reality.

I'm no mind reader. But, human nature and a normal "responsible" response might mean that some Jesse's those tears are from wondering if things could have been different. No doubt he's grieving for the loss of Caylee. But, Jesse may be such a stand-up guy, he may also be suffering from self-examination. Obsessing about how, had he'd done something different - this might not have happened to Caylee. It is not a small thing to be engaged to a young mother, literally start a family, then break up. That was likely a devastating experience for all -was it a trigger for Casey's spiral to hell? Jesse must be dealing with very complex feelings - surely his suffering runs deep.

I'm not saying Jesse any of this is Jesse's fault. He should not bear this responsibility nor own these feeling forever. I'm just saying, it's natural to have a broad spectrum of feelings with such a tragic loss. Today, I see a guy who's not only grieving, but feeling tortured by that grief - and I hope he gets appropriate counseling.

Someday the Anthonys may also finally examine their own relationship with Casey, and suffer similar guilt mixed with grief over the what happened to Caylee. Or not. Perhaps no major player except Jesse is capable of taking responsibility for their own actions and conducting any degree of self-examination. The Anthonys may not be able to - one of the hallmarks of the narcissistic malignancy is that they can't take responsibility.

As to why he's on TV with Matt Lauer this AM: it does seem that Matt & the Grunds have developed a respectable press-relationship over this tragedy. Both Jesse and Matt may have felt it was appropriate for Jesse to appear publicly at this time to complete this part of this sad story that really is a part of Jesse's life. He appeared early on, as an important a part of Caylee's & Casey's life - it's actually logical for him to appear again. He was like family to Casey and his little Caylee. He had some things to say in Caylee's memory. Jesse's love for Caylee, and his part in Caylee & Casey's life, lends the perspective of reason in a story of enormous notoriety that seems to have no reason.

Not that this was his purpose, but I'm also glad to see Jesse had another national opportunity to clear his name. Jesse has more public/national involvement as a witness through the trial. He is not just another "one of Casey's irresponsible party-friends". He's a real victim. I think it's appropriate that he's given this opportunity to speak. I'm grateful he did.

Sending a prayer up for Jesse, to ease his pain, and help him heal. I hope in time he finds peace and accepts that you can't control, you can't be held accountable, and you can't be responsible for everything your loved ones choose to do. :praying:

IMHO.

I don't mean to imply that he is involved in any way at all.
But i do think it is strange that anyone would choose to grieve on a morning talk show.
Everything has been in the media and I do not respect the decision to do so much talking on TV. This applies across the board to every single player.

He said he has had a hard time finding a job because of his connection with the case, one could simply google his name and the word suspision would come connected with his name.

Maybe he just wanted to appear puplicly with his laywer to make a record that he has been cleared of any wrong-doing, or just maybe he wanted to show the love he had and has for Caylee and she is being grieved by those who loved her.

Another thought is that he asked folks to cut the A's a break, maybe he is trying to show folks that who have issues with them to back off in thier time of morning...........

I just wanted to share my own observations, watching this Jesse Grund interview this AM, because I sense there might be something deeper than grief at work here. JMHO, of course.

Jesse appears to be a sensitive, religious young man. He fell in love with Casey & his whole family fell in love with Caylee and they all planned a life together. Then, he discovers he was not Caylee's father. He & Casey break off the engagement. He loses Caylee in the bargain, but continues to love the little baby he once thought was his. He stays in touch with Casey - trys to maintain a friendship - always asks after Caylee. Casey puzzles him and scares him; he realizes she's capable of serious deceit. He watches Casey's personality change before his eyes. A short time later, Caylee dies at the hands of her mother, and Casey disconnects from reality.

I'm no mind reader. But, human nature and a normal "responsible" response might mean that some Jesse's those tears are from wondering if things could have been different. No doubt he's grieving for the loss of Caylee. But, Jesse may be such a stand-up guy, he may also be suffering from self-examination. Obsessing about how, had he'd done something different - this might not have happened to Caylee. It is not a small thing to be engaged to a young mother, literally start a family, then break up. That was likely a devastating experience for all -was it a trigger for Casey's spiral to hell? Jesse must be dealing with very complex feelings - surely his suffering runs deep.

I'm not saying Jesse any of this is Jesse's fault. He should not bear this responsibility nor own these feeling forever. I'm just saying, it's natural to have a broad spectrum of feelings with such a tragic loss. Today, I see a guy who's not only grieving, but feeling tortured by that grief - and I hope he gets appropriate counseling.

Someday the Anthonys may also finally examine their own relationship with Casey, and suffer similar guilt mixed with grief over the what happened to Caylee. Or not. Perhaps no major player except Jesse is capable of taking responsibility for their own actions and conducting any degree of self-examination. The Anthonys may not be able to - one of the hallmarks of the narcissistic malignancy is that they can't take responsibility.

As to why he's on TV with Matt Lauer this AM: it does seem that Matt & the Grunds have developed a respectable press-relationship over this tragedy. Both Jesse and Matt may have felt it was appropriate for Jesse to appear publicly at this time to complete this part of this sad story that really is a part of Jesse's life. He appeared early on, as an important a part of Caylee's & Casey's life - it's actually logical for him to appear again. He was like family to Casey and his little Caylee. He had some things to say in Caylee's memory. Jesse's love for Caylee, and his part in Caylee & Casey's life, lends the perspective of reason in a story of enormous notoriety that seems to have no reason.

Not that this was his purpose, but I'm also glad to see Jesse had another national opportunity to clear his name. Jesse has more public/national involvement as a witness through the trial. He is not just another "one of Casey's irresponsible party-friends". He's a real victim. I think it's appropriate that he's given this opportunity to speak. I'm grateful he did.

Sending a prayer up for Jesse, to ease his pain, and help him heal. I hope in time he finds peace and accepts that you can't control, you can't be held accountable, and you can't be responsible for everything your loved ones choose to do. :praying:

IMHO.

Maybe he has guilt within. He is probably playing the scenario over and over on how he could have saved Caylee from KC. He once thought he was her father so I am sure he is questioning why it turned out that way when if it would have been different Caylee would still be here.

How do you know Caylee's grandparents haven't cried for her? Just because we don't see it plastered all over the news doesn't mean they haven't cried.

I feel terrible for the A's everything they do is analyzed under a microscope and scrutinized. I'm glad they decided to finally pull away from the media. They deserve some privacy regardless of anyones thoughts on their previous behavior.

jmo
Very well said Cubby.
No one here knows HOW they are reacting. I would bet my eyesight they have spent many, many hours crying their eyes out and sobbing over the loss of their grandchild. This will haunt them forever, as they will most likely never know the why and how this baby was murdered by THEIR daughter.
My hear truly just breaks for them.

I would imagine that they believe it is Caylee, but they want to have any way possible to try to get their daughter home. If the defense can punch holes in the prosecution's case (ie-no trauma, not able to determine if chloroform killed little Caylee, etc), their daughter could get a lesser charge or can come home.

As a parent, it would be hard for me to be able to love unconditionally to a child who has left my granddaughter in the woods in a trash bag. I think they still want to believe Casey that someone else did this to Caylee.

JMO

Casey is the next of kin, the body has not been released to them yet. This one is not the grandparents call.

I just watched the video and cried...my goodness Jesse obviously loved her with all his heart which anyone could see is completely broken..how wonderful that Caylee had this warm and compassionate man in her life..I have experienced a whole range of emotion with this case..but now only tears and sadness

okay so what was the purpose of him being on the Today Show at all? I did not see it and I won't see it, so maybe it would be clear if I saw it. Can anyone help me understand this?

I thought it was only me - why was he on the today show? Any ideas? And if anyone looked - his attorney is a Darryl Cohen http://darrylcohen.tv/
seems a bit odd to me that he has an entertainment attorney who is also an actor.

This whole case is just too odd.....

I just watched the video and cried...my goodness Jesse obviously loved her with all his heart which anyone could see is completely broken..how wonderful that Caylee had this warm and compassionate man in her life..I have experienced a whole range of emotion with this case..but now only tears and sadness

Well said. I also cried ~ yet again. I admire him for not "bashing" the grandparents and for having the compassion to remind us that they are grieving.

GB you Jesse!

I was able to see this interview this morning before leaving for work. Jesse's heart is broken and the tears are so real and the pain is so great. He would have been a good influence on Casey and Caylee had things not changed. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the young man. God Bless Him and his family.

I hurt for him but at the same time I wonder if some of this is an act. Trying to cover his own butt. Something that I been confused by is the phone calls to him and then all the statements saying they didn't talk to each other. Then he moves to other state. Was he really cleared from any of this?

I didn't know that he moved. Where is he living?

That was rough to watch, you could really feel his grief. Looks like she lost a really decent guy. He loved Caylee and I believe if she(kc) wasn't such a flake, they could have gotten around the fact he wasn't her bio dad. And made a life together. They were young but with some good guidance I feel they might have made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro